Author Topic: Animorphs: A New Beginning  (Read 54751 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: Animorphs: A New Beginning
« Reply #165 on: August 15, 2008, 08:22:53 AM »
Cody's POV:

"I say the next mission we need to do is figure out who our enemies are. Visser Five should have some important people running things around the city, and he'll have them infest important people. The Chief of Police, the Mayor, The guy in charge of the newspapers. Those kinds of people."

"For now, though, we need to get some morphs. We'll spend some time getting morphs, and come this weekend all five of us will be out in force."

Cody explained everything with Emily. Afterwards, Jason figured he needed a bird morph, since he was now the only one who didn't.

(I don't really have much to do with Emily right now.)

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #166 on: August 15, 2008, 10:25:05 AM »
The Z-space exit may have been louder, but an atmospheric re-entry on thrusters only in a 6000 metric ton starship is much more terror inducing. It was a tribute to Kelran’s fortitude that he saved his emotions for the post-landing.
He wrestled with the manual controls, the computer had long since gone into low-power mode, and besides it had no precedent for an autopilot re-entry with thrusters only.
It was suicide in a ship this heavy.
Finally the flames of atmospheric friction began to fall off and as the clouds parted Kelran could see a dazzling sight….
Miles of coastline spread out before him, with the glinting lights of cities and villages spread out across it.
Keeping one eye on his proximity detector, he noticed many dozens of small aeronautical transport craft, seemingly based out of a sort of landing field, he steered clear of those and most of the city lights.
He wanted to land close enough to civilization to facilitate easy travel, but far enough away to take stock before making contact.
Carefully maneuvering the stick he aimed for a forested area separated from the closest town by some foothills, but also not too deep into any mountains, or deserts.
He picked his target by sight, a medium sized lake that looked to be uninhabited.
Only then did he realize that his entry trajectory had taken him over the outskirts of the town he had just passed.  So much for low profile.
WHAM! The ship slammed into the surface of the lake with incredible force, crumpling the fore part of the hull and scraping the remaining armor off the bottom, the ship skipped across the water and finally skidded to rest on the opposite shore in a stand of trees, a mangled, burned, soaked, shredded mess.
Kelran was brutally slammed forward by the inertial forces and his head connected with the base of the view screen producing a disturbing cracking noise, especially disturbing to someone with such a hard head.
And as Kelran passed out for the second time that sidereal, he used an extremely vulgar expletive for the second time that day.
*anything* is possible, *some* things are probable, this is what is.
And I will continue to deal with what is...
Until it is no more....

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I'm sitting on Jesse because he is comfy! XD
« Reply #167 on: August 15, 2008, 11:30:09 AM »
"We should probably work in pairs when we do morphs. I got a bird morph earlier today, but I've been kinda waiting to try it out. I can go with Jason or whatever, unless you feel like going with someone else." She didn't add the fact that she'd honestly prefer to go with Yarin, since aliens fascinated her to no end. Plus, there was something about him that she couldn't quite place. She was hoping more interaction with him would reveal what she was missing.
I'm not real anymore. I am an illusion. -Rob Thomas, "I am an Illusion"

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #168 on: August 15, 2008, 12:36:21 PM »
(Okay, we'll pair up Nichole with Yarin, and Jason with Cody. One of our groups will find Kelran while flying around, unconscious in his ship. I say let it be Yarin and Nichole, since it's Yarin's turn to post anyway.)

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Per scientia totus est ostendo sum
« Reply #169 on: August 15, 2008, 09:23:12 PM »
( plus i can sense alien brainwaves and no i can't sense yeerks within hosts the two are to close together to be distinguished easily.)
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #170 on: August 15, 2008, 10:06:39 PM »
( I can arrange for him to be unconcious... I have another post but Ill work it out.... There are medical supplies aboard that are standard enough for Yarin to figure out how to use. You should know that he is wearing light armor and a sword and I want him to keep both (the armor is no huge advantage but I like it, the sword is something he wont hesistate to use))

When Kelran re-awoke he was ignorant for a few blissful seconds…. Then the events of the day came rushing back into his head along with the stabbing pain in his skull and the throbbing of his right ribs.
He groaned, he tried to stand, groaned again, and settled for dragging himself into the commander’s chair and falling forward into a reclining position.
Gryphons do not recline on their backs, as it drives their wing joints into uncomfortable positions.
“Computer” Kelran rasped, “Status?”
The computer displays around him flickered, a sign of heavy damage and low power, lights were mostly out except for the emergency deep blue lights along the floor, and one of the bridge support beams was down leaving a gaping hole to the outside.
The hum of the ships power core was so low it was nearly absent.
“Life support system offline, Slipspace drive destroyed, Hyper-impulse sub light destroyed, main processor offline,  weapons offline, defensive shield destroyed, ablative hull armor compromised, hull compromised….” Kelran cut the computer off, “I get the idea”
Kelran paused long enough to wish he had something to drink, “Computer… status of the sensors and communications array?”
“Sensors functioning at reduced efficiency, Main communications offline, backup transponder functioning at 60% capacity”
“Computer, prepare the sensor grid to act as a proximity alert, if anything above 100 kilograms in weight approaches, notify me.”
“affirmed”
“Computer, prepare to record a distress call to transmit on all frequencies.”
“Ready”
“This is Kelran-Isthinar of the SFC starship Legacy, my ship has sustained damage and I require medical attention, please assist…..”
Kelran cut the channel there, not wishing to give out too much information, in case he was discovered by unfriendly natives.
He then set the beacon to transmit this and a standard rescue beacon code of tones across all available Slipspace, z-space, thoughtspeak, and radio bands.
After it was apparent no help would be immediately forthcoming Kelran staggered to all fours and crept out of the hole in the bridge wall to get a drink.
The lake water was pure, unsoiled, and incredibly refreshing.
After taking a moment to look around, to pinpoint the glow of the town’s lights, the direction of the mountains, and other landmarks, Kelran returned to the ship, and fell into a fitful semi-concious fevered sleep.
*anything* is possible, *some* things are probable, this is what is.
And I will continue to deal with what is...
Until it is no more....

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #171 on: August 15, 2008, 10:21:10 PM »
Yarin went flying with Nichole, he in falcon morph she in seagull. he enjoyed her company she seemed fascinated by his alienness and he could always appreciate a fellow  scientist even if human sciences were remarkably primative by Nyac standards.  They decided to get some flying practice in, Yarin having already gotten some in with Cody was better at it than Nichole but he didn't mind teaching her what he knew.
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #172 on: August 16, 2008, 09:22:23 AM »
It was a love-hate relationship, Nichole decided, when it came to flying. She enjoyed being up in the air, and fortunately, the seagull had taken off almost immedietly, but it had sure jolted her consciousness to the surface. No worrying about instinct for her in this morph. Well, maybe not immedietly.
<So tell me--OMG fries! And they're Micky D's fries too! Can I go see if that nice man will give them to me?> Admittedly, half of the conversation had been riddled with these comments. Being a seagull hadn't exactly helped her mild ADD tendencies. <Aww...he's mean,> she said after watching him shoo off another seagull. <So...um....Oh, yeah. Tell me, do you have any aquatic life on your planet?>

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #173 on: August 16, 2008, 10:15:21 AM »
<Yes we do, nearly all flora and fauna on Nya  has been genetically created to serve a purpose.  We have large Zigroths they are multi-tenticled bivalvel creatures that clean the seafloor, also Barih a long limbless animal with two heads and one body it lives near underwater vents eating the poisonous chemicals that leech out. there are also many types of fish and sea birds.> 

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #174 on: August 16, 2008, 10:19:24 AM »
<Wow, sounds like a xenobiologist's dream. Or, maybe a marine turned xenobiologist's dream.> She would have grinned at that point. But a beak isn't exactly great for smiling. <So...what do y'all do if you wanna get married or something? What's that like?>

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #175 on: August 16, 2008, 10:57:19 AM »
<Married? I am not familiar with this term.>Yarin said confused. <You know, married, spending you're life with someone special.>  <You mean becoming life-mates, well there is no official ceremony like on your planet when two Nyac wish to live together they ask the council for a family home instead of two single homes. thier possessions are removed and thier houses are recycled for anothers use.  Now if you wish to know about our mating practices then i will gladly tell you, first we grab each other arm above the elbow and bellow the shoulder, then we touch foreheads and this begins the Voap Tusreen or Blessed union. this creates a free flow of thoughts and emotions , to enhance the experience. then the actual act of mating begins, I only know this from what my Zictarv'Saroat friends Zictarv'Saroat means one who has lain.  I am still a Gos'bractow. What you would call a virgin.>
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 02:46:00 PM by yarin »

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #176 on: August 16, 2008, 11:12:06 AM »
((*Slowly destroys the internet* Stupid thing booted me off before I could post. Let's try this again.))

<Ditto. Me too. I'm a virgin, but I'm not exactly planning on being laid until I'm married. Er...become a life-mate.> She paused, glad that birds didn't blush. <So...um..do you have anyone special on your planet?>

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #177 on: August 16, 2008, 01:43:07 PM »
<Well there was this one female, Qodon we grew up together.  At one time I may have considered starting something with her but that was long ago. I have moved on I can only hope she has to. So what about you any special males?> Yarin said.

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #178 on: August 16, 2008, 01:46:35 PM »
<Well, there was a guy, who I had my first kiss with, but it really didn't go anywhere beyond a few kisses. Plus, he joined the Army Reserves and was shipped off to who knows where.> Though she didn't like to admit it, she still sometimes missed him. Though she wasn't sure if she'd actually want to get back with him. <But beyond that, no.>

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #179 on: August 16, 2008, 03:01:06 PM »
(Do you guys want me to be the one to find Kelran while you have a bonding conversation? I kind of figured one of you would post about it, but if you want to do something else then I'll have Cody and Jason be the ones that find him.)

<Wow, this is great!> Jason yelled after he aquired a bird and taken flight.

<Yeah, for the most part. You do have to be a bit careful, though. There are birds who eat other birds, but I'm about the biggest thing in these skies.> Cody said. As he flew, he started to notice something strange. It looked like some kind of meteor had crashed through the trees near a lake or something.

Ani-Master 2014!