Author Topic: Animorphs with an older audience.  (Read 9444 times)

Offline EscafilDevice

Re: Animorphs with an older audience.
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2009, 05:54:20 PM »
I don't think that Rachel would've done drugs. I read that one fanfic ages ago and thought it was OOC and dumb.

People forget that Rachel had two sides to her character until the series was ghostwritten.  ::)

Seriously, she's hot, super-smart AND a top student (because sometimes they don't go hand in hand), fashionable, and confident. She doesn't need to do drugs, she's not weak.

Offline anijen21

« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2009, 08:04:46 PM »
I'm not about to contradict the "live drug-free" bandwagon, but idk blanket statements like that just seem a little...too exclusive, you know what I mean? Not all drugs destroy lives, and not all drugs leave you a lesser person than you started, either.
I go off topic on purpose.

Offline foxglade

• Wait. Hold the intergalactic phone!
    • In My Life
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2009, 04:46:19 AM »
...what if one of the girls was lesbian? people start making this about WHAT IF ____ WERE GAY, and they forget girls can be gay too. just wondering.
My String, My Rules. But the teacher made me throw my string away. :(
http://www.tobias-perigrine.blogspot.com
I see a little silhouette of a man SCARAMOUCH SCARAMOUCH will you do the fandango?
You can laugh or you can cry. Personally? I do both. At the same time.
Animorphs: The first 10 were light, funny, still innocent. But slowly, it got darker, more moral, passionate and mature. And then it was messy, bloody. It was chaos. It was the end.

Offline voodooqueen126

« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2009, 03:42:12 AM »
I think Queenofsheba/Farrell's girl from another forum speculated that Cassie was a lesbian.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2009, 08:27:34 AM »
Evidence for that?

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Shock

• Xtreme Member
  • Attitudes are contagious. Mine might kill you.
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2009, 05:55:54 PM »
...what if one of the girls was lesbian? people start making this about WHAT IF ____ WERE GAY, and they forget girls can be gay too. just wondering.

no because that reminds me of a film that has a character who is *instert gender/sterotype/race* and the film only brings that up to say how it is *instert gender/sterotype/race* and nothing else.

much like how they had the Fat Spartan in Meet the Spartans...god that movie sucked..
Cannibals are seriously messed up
[17:05:27] Reiyn: Shock's tact and diplomacy is unparalleled.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information. For in his heart, he dreams himself your master
Quote from: K.A. Applegate
So sorry to get you into writing. What a horrible thing to inflict on you. Should have just sold you crack.

Alic

« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2009, 06:34:03 PM »
I don't see how someone could think either of the girls were lesbian. Cassie obviously liked Jake. You don't have to dress girly and wear makeup to be straight. So I don't understand where that could come from

Offline EscafilDevice

« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2009, 08:58:35 PM »
I don't see how someone could think either of the girls were lesbian. Cassie obviously liked Jake. You don't have to dress girly and wear makeup to be straight. So I don't understand where that could come from

It's fanfiction.

Where do you think Snape/Harry comes from? Or Draco/Grawp?

I always roll my eyes whenever someone says "the author should leave it to the fans!" or "that would open up so many doors for fanfiction!" because something like 85% of fanfiction is garbage.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2009, 09:10:31 PM »
Yeah, like how she left the resolution of the cliffhanger up to the fans. And to my knowledge, most fanfic writers have Ax be alive.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline animefanboy

• I'd shake your hand, but, you know, peanut arms
« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2009, 12:18:32 AM »
Er...I always felt they were older then they really were too. They seemed too mature for their age. Personally, I always thought they were in high school. But yeah, if the series had an older audience I could see that. Actually, I never realized how dark the series could be until I reread the books when I was older.  :o

I remember I read this one fic on ff.net called Filler. It really summed up the whole age thing: "We’re supposed to be middle-school kids, but that gets kind of skewed sometimes.”

Forever Blue

Offline voodooqueen126

« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2009, 01:32:37 AM »
her theory was that she liked Jake because he was sort of the closest thing that Rachel had to a brother... Queen ofsheba didn't say she was a raging lesbian, but that it was a posibility for her character.

Offline tobiasthehawk

• Bleh
« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2009, 12:25:51 AM »

It's fanfiction.

I always roll my eyes whenever someone says "the author should leave it to the fans!" or "that would open up so many doors for fanfiction!" because something like 85% of fanfiction is garbage.

Draco and Gwap? Please tell me it does not exist...Rule 34 be damned!

In response to the BAC comment could you imagine morphing an insect with just even a little bit of booze in your system? I wonder how this would affect the morph...hmm.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."-Stephen Hawking

"I'm sorry, I lost my boots and the legs of my pants in a deadly fight with a giant seaslug, which I won in the nick of time with my clever thinking and my, uh... cleverness."
-- Roger, while procuring pants at the Galleria

[img]http://dragcave.net/image/WL2N.gi

Offline voodooqueen126

« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2009, 10:09:56 PM »
they seemed older at the beginning and then they got younger, like in book 1 jake says 'if we told people they would think we were on drugs' but drugs are never brought up again.

Offline EscafilDevice

« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2009, 03:40:23 PM »

It's fanfiction.

Draco and Gwap? Please tell me it does not exist...Rule 34 be damned!

In response to the BAC comment could you imagine morphing an insect with just even a little bit of booze in your system? I wonder how this would affect the morph...hmm.

Oh it exists.

I checked using the FFN character filters one time thinking it wouldn't be there and it was.

Offline voodooqueen126

« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2009, 02:36:54 AM »
I  Should also like to say that the active members of sinister"s forum were largely female were all  for Rachel dying as they thought she wouldn't have been able to cope after the war and might've done drugs or whatever (Being so addicted to violence etc)... which is basically KA Applegates opinion as well since only sweet pacifist left wing Cassie was allowed to survive happily after the end... I think this is lame, if soldiers throughout history who enjoyed killing (apparently this is like 5 % of all men or something-similar to Korean Pearl's concept of type three Nadar) are capable of thriving after wars (my great grandfather was thought to be like this and he was a very happy successful man after WW1 and only drank to escape his wife's god awful food) then why should rachel be punished for her strength and bravery by dying because it is assumed that if you delight in the death of your enemies you must be unable to cope with peacetime life. in fact it should be the opposite, the 5% of soldiers who take righteous pleasure in the death of the enemy should thrive more successfully then their conscience ridden colleagues.