Author Topic: What happened after Animorphs?  (Read 2148 times)

Offline voodooqueen126

Re: What happened after Animorphs?
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2009, 01:01:57 AM »
frolis maneouver I think.

Offline estrid

• God
  • LOL
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2009, 02:28:43 AM »
i boycotted KA applegate after the last animorphs book. i was so pissed, so upset, so let down by that ending, that i refused to ever pick up another applegate book again that wasnt animorphs. and that stupid self promoting letter at the end to read her next series didnt help either. that just made me more mad. it was like "ok, now that i wrote a super crappy half ass ending to a series u invested 5 yrs of ur life being obsessed with, go read my other books!"
" 'What do you care if he drains a few vegetables?' I asked. 'He's a vampire!' Chester snarled. 'Today vegetables....tomor row, the world!' " Bunnicula-a Rabbit Tale of Mystery

Jess is my RAFbest friend cuz she is way awesome!
Cody-my gayBFF for eva!
Coolest Member of the Year 2009

Offline Duff

• Entreprenerd
  • God
    • Under the Capes
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2009, 07:42:39 PM »
I loved the ending lol

Its just cause Everworld and Remnants just didnt hit the target audience right at the right time, they just didnt get the same initial popularity as animorphs

And the length has alot to do with it, we all invested alot more time in animorphs than anyone did in remnant or everworld because they didnt last long. who knows maybe today they would be more popular and get a longer run, we'll never know

Offline adeon222

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Without whom, we would all be lost...
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2009, 12:49:59 AM »
It's because Animorphs simply never can and never will be replaced... It will always hold that special spot in our hearts, and when the series ended, we all still felt that it had never truly ended... We who love Animorphs could never just "move on"... It would seem a betrayal to all that we hold near and dear...
And every year, through thin veneer, we hold that atmosphere of Animorphs cheer!
"Hey, who taped a full color picture of a forum to my screen? And why won't it come off??? What?? it's an Animorphs forum, and you can talk about your favorite Animorphs and such??? Oh, Best Thing Ever! Best Thing Ever!"

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2009, 03:21:15 AM »
Although initially I wasn't too happy with the ending (okay, I'm still not happy with it, but now I'm used to it), I've made it a point to hunt out KAA's other books (Everworld, mostly) because I'm tryig to recreate whatever it was that I got out of Animorphs. It's something that I've never been able to recreate with any other book/series, and reading her other books (and books by Michael, since I found this with Gone) is the closest I'm going to get.

It's a sad, sad truth. I reached my fiction-reading zenith at age 10.

Offline voodooqueen126

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2009, 11:31:23 PM »
What about all the human hosts that were taken off world? wouldn't it be terrible to be taken from your planet, enslaved, living in a society which was hugely advanced where you are enslaved, eventually the yeerk empire would have receded and you (or your great grandchildren born in slavery) would  be stuck on the other side of the universe on another planet, without the resources to return to the more primitive Earth. A future of beind less educated than your alien neighbours and hosts restricts you to low level (the equivalent of manual labor) jobs and minority status, although on some planets closer to Earth humans might outbreed the even more primitive local population (for instance the hork-bajir homeworld or any other planet conquered by the yeerks where the people where more backward than humans) and this would be like a smaller version of Earth with Earth's massive problems scaled down to size. Ironically humans living as a minorities on these distant alien planets may end up better off in the longterm than those left on the war torn  Earth... Earth itself would be that poverty struck little planet that brave cultural tourists (as described in Graburn's article) would visit, even so those cultural tourists would only visit safer parts of Earth such as America, Australia, Europe perhaps even Japan, but they would perceive this trip to be a great adventure and their parents would call them daily to make sure they havent been mugged and murdered because America's/Earth's crime rate is the highest in the universe, likewise many aliens would begin to assume that all humans are Americans/Westerners. it certainly wouldn't be a planet that you  bother to consult in an intergalactic issue or whose alliance you would seek in an conflict-humans being so tribalistic and riven with internal strife and such high infant mortality, and humans breed so much and yet  they can't feed their children... Earth would be called "the Lost Planet" in the intergalactic equivalents of Time magazine and the Economist.
There is a fanfiction there.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 11:53:37 PM by voodooqueen126 »

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's Official Unofficial Canadian Ambassador
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2011, 04:52:14 PM »
     I remember there being something about Tobias writing a book in the last novel. I could be wrong though.
Tony's pet Goose.
Unknown User is my shorm.
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)
The picture is rather accurate