Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 333623 times)

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #14895 on: March 19, 2011, 05:54:29 PM »
Terenia nods as though she understands, although she isn't entirely sure that she does. She had hoped that Ossanlin could provide her with guidance, but instead she feels as though he has picked lose a scab, allowing the open wound to fester.

"Can you give me some time to think about it?" she asks, her voice surprising even her in its meekness, especially coming from Mike's body.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #14896 on: March 19, 2011, 06:02:48 PM »
Ossanlin sighs seeing the confusion.  He decides to try his own personality again...no tricks, no manipulation, just truth.  <Terenia, I do not pretend to understand what you have gone through.  I feel like I've said this one-hundred times but perhaps once more will be enough.  The Andalites...my species did some terrible things to you, things that never should've been done to a child or a member of a race that isn't even aware of extra-terrestrial life.  I have tried to help, and every time I have tried to help, things have gone wrong.  I pretend as if I do not care but the truth is, I do.  I want to right some of the wrongs, perhaps give you a chance at the life you never had.  I can't undo the Empire, much as I'd like to...I can't undo what my race did to you, but perhaps I can give you a small shot at some happiness.  Something worth living for.  Perhaps a new...family.>  Ossanlin glances at Corliss.  <One that actually cares for you.  And life as a human, as your life should've been.>

Ossanlin sighs, deflating a bit.  <If you want to think about it, fine.  But every moment past brings Efaen closer to being out of reach.>  Ossanlin glances at Mar again...for some reason he already feels exhausted.
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #14897 on: March 19, 2011, 09:11:34 PM »
"Thanks," Morgan said, "I appreciate that, Temrash.  Have to admit I've been on edge recently wondering when it'll happen. And whether or not I'll know it's happening. I've only just got my family back...I don't want to lose them this way."

"Nobody is going to lose anything!" Gaz said sternly. "We've gotten through tougher than this. We can beat this."

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #14898 on: March 19, 2011, 09:26:31 PM »
"You're welcome, Morgan. So, does anyone want something to eat or drink? Maybe start brainstorming some ideas?"

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #14899 on: March 20, 2011, 12:52:27 AM »
<<I can't tell you what you want, love,>> Mike says patiently.  <<Of course, you can see what I want.  But I don't reckon Tamora would want you to be stuck like this, and I mean that earnestly, regardless of what either of us wants.>>

A few yards away, Corliss shakes his head.  "There aren't many uninfested humans, no, but there are some.  Some who help us of their own accord, most who have known Yeerks and...lost them."  He frowns at the ground, distracted.

<<You can try to plant as many seeds of suspicion about Ertoran as you'd like,>> he replies to Serid, <<but I doubt that will change Reven's opinion of her.  They've known each other a long time.>>  He allows a bit more of his mind to seep into the Andalite's, selecting snippets of times where Tora has helped them, saved their lives.  The first time Corliss met her, the suspicion that went along with it.

Outwardly Corliss heaves a sigh, looking up.  "Don't suppose she heard me hollering," he murmurs.  "I guess she needed to speak with Ossanlin, alone, anyway."  He picks up his pace, jogging the last few yards and slowing to a walk a few feet from Terenia.

He smiles sheepishly.  "Hi," he says, with a little wave.  Corliss notices the sweat on Mike's brow and he tilts his head, curious.  "You been running a marathon?"

Salem's backdoor attempts fail, since the structure of Yeerkish computers is strictly linear--especially under so much security precautions.  But with time, the character-based password would crack.

And in a few minutes, it does.

The encryption code pops up on the screen, flashing a paler, affirmative shade of green.

Then two things happen at once: Another screen appears, scrolling text in Yeerkish and providing a little diagram of a generic eyeball. 

And the password compromise alert causes Corliss' comm link to beep an incessant, high-pitched pattern. 

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #14900 on: March 20, 2011, 08:53:41 AM »
"Alright," Illim nods. Great, an emotionally unbalanced human. Just what I need, he thinks.

Now that the threats to Serid's body seem to be gone, Illim stops walking just as Corliss starts to jog, giving them some space. Standing still on the rocky ground, he folds his arms and watches.

Serid seizes upon the memories of Ertoran with extreme interest, and it is not only Tora he observes. He takes in what he can about the rebellion, what it looks like, what kind of people it involves. Of course, the Yeerk shows him nothing untoward about her actions, but he is biased. Or perhaps Tora had learned not to abandon comrades anymore; still, it doesn't change the fact that she never came back for him.
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #14901 on: March 20, 2011, 11:39:51 AM »
Terenia nods at Ossanlin, this time the understanding clearer in her expression. "I know. I'll...be brief. I just...you may have noticed that I have a tendency to rush into things. I'd like to avoid that, for once, if I can."

At the sound of Corliss approaching in Serid's body her attention shifts. Relief swells through her as she recognizes Corliss' new host and she takes an automatic step forward, putting her arms out to embrace him before Mike's sensibilities stop her.

"Uh...sorry..." she says, lowering her arms. "Listen, I-" She is about to launch into a rather lengthy, explanation about her current situation, with the hopes that Corliss will be able to provide some sound advice, but she is interrupted almost immediately by a shrill beeping at Mike's hip.

"What the-" Terenia unclips the comm link and stares at it, uncomprehending. She quickly sifts through Mike's memories for the significance of this particular sound.

"Um...Corliss? I think someone is breaking into your ship." she says with a trace of disappointment. Will we ever be able to just talk for five minutes?

<A biological scan sounds beneficial,> Efaen says, following Claxter. <So long as you have the accurate signature for a Taxxon within your ship.>

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #14902 on: March 20, 2011, 11:48:12 AM »
Claxter went to his ship, and started it up. It did have a biological Taxxon signature in the system, as it was a common Yeerk host. After Efaen got in he'd lift off and do a wide scan of the area. After a bit of scanning, he found a vessel with two Taxxons on board. <Here are our Taxxons. The vessel seems to be a repair ship.>

He attempted to open communications with it, and was answered by a Human controller.

"Who is this? What do you want?" The controller asked, nonplussed by being contacted by an Andalite.

<My name is Claxter Karmesh Sinopul. I have reason to believe one of your Taxxons has stolen a body from a grave.>

"Neither of ours did any such thing. They've only been in or around our ship since we landed."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #14903 on: March 20, 2011, 12:16:43 PM »
While his device had been attempting to crack the password on the Skimmer's computer system, Salem had pocketed his interface device. He'd have liked to spend some time looking around the ship, but he didn't think he could take the interface device too far from the console while it was working. He pulled out his remote-control like persona scanning device. He'd begun boredly flipping through the metadata it had gathered on his recent scans- the portal to the Shadow Realm in particular caught his eye. It didn't look like he'd gotten as much information as he'd like, but there was definitely something there.

Soon, the device in his pocket beeped. He pulled it out and read what it was saying- this system did not appear to be structured for backdoor access. That routine had reported failure. Salem sighed and re-pocketed it. Of course there's no backdoor, he thought, that would make this too easy. After a few minutes, however, the device beeped again, and even before he'd pulled it out, he noticed what looked like a confirmation message on the screen.

"Alright! Progress..." he exclaimed quietly aloud. He watched as the next screen came up. "Ocular scan?" he guessed. "Man, I really need to learn to read Yeerkish."

After a couple of seconds, he located what appeared to be a retinal scanner located on the console. It took him a few seconds to decide on how to proceed- his device could display simulated eyes, but chances were that waiting for an actual scan for each attempt would be slow. It would be best to simply cut out the middleman and bypass the scanner altogether. He spent a few seconds setting up the device to automatically cancel the data of an incorrect scan, then held his own eye open in front of the scanner. When it scanned his eye, his device monitored exactly what took place within the computer system, then erased the data before the system could record it as a failure.

He then set up another routine, this one allowing the computer aboard his own ship to generate simulated eyes, based on human eyes. These would be transmitted to the device, which would then transmit them into the computer using a series of electrical pulses in order to bypass the scanner altogether. His device had an idea of the order in which the scanner compared the parts of the eye, based on his scan, so it should be able to tell up until what point the simulated eye was accepted, and then change small details of the next eye accordingly. In essence, it would be like cracking a large number of miniature passwords in sequence.

He checked the remaining power level of the interface device- bypassing the scanner would be pretty draining. Luckily, it looked like it had plenty of energy still stored. He started the scanner-simulator, re-pocketed the device, and resumed leaning against the console, lazily flipping through the information on his persona-scanner.

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #14904 on: March 20, 2011, 12:26:32 PM »
Ossanlin rubs his temples as yet more drama crops up.  <It's not possible.  It's just not possible to speak in peace.  Never a moment's rest.  If you decide that you do want to go through with this Terenia, you may find me later.  I'm going to intake some nutrients.>  Ossanlin glances at Mar, silently asking if he wishes to come, and begins to trot toward the forest again.
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #14905 on: March 20, 2011, 01:09:31 PM »
Carris shrugs. "I guess that's just how it goes some--most of the time. Depends on the Yeerk. Depends on the host, too. But you seem to be all right," he says. "I mean, you're talking to me now, aren't you?"

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #14906 on: March 20, 2011, 02:00:35 PM »
<<Oh, Cor, I knew we should've closed the ship!>> Mike exclaims silently.

Corliss hesitates, as Ossanlin takes his leave.  Everything was happening so fast. 

"Someone has...what?"  He glances back in the direction of the Skimmer, which is now quite some distance away.  "Terenia, you'll have to fill me in on what has happened.  Come on!"  He heads back in the direction of his ship, still clutching the Dracon he had drawn earlier.

As he approaches Illim again, he says hurriedly, "Yeah.  Change of plans.  Someone's trying to hack my bloody ship."  As he passes Illim he calls back, "I'll stop whoever it is and then leave your friend.  I promise."

Corliss grimaces, feeling as though he's just continuing to drag Serid into a more and more extended experience of the rebel way of life.

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #14907 on: March 20, 2011, 02:37:04 PM »
"Right, I will. Thanks," Terenia says to Ossanlin, her attention momentarily diverted from her weighty decision by this new complication.

<Up for another run?> she asks Mike darkly as Corliss takes off ahead of them. She takes a deep breath and breaks into a quick jog, hurrying back the way she had come.

Efaen followed Claxter onto the ship, standing near the hatchway so that she didn't appear to be intruding.

<Are those the only Taxxon signatures on this planetoid?> Efaen asks, inspecting the screen as best she can from this angle.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #14908 on: March 20, 2011, 02:41:48 PM »
<Yes they are. If the Taxxon that ate Tamora is still on the planet, then it should be in that ship. I don't know if the controllers are lying or not. Are you certain there were no other Taxxons?> He asked the crew.

"Actually, I think our employer did bring a third, but he's been sleeping in the back since he got here."

<Who is your employer?>

The crew spoke amongst themselves, wondering if they should even say so. One of them mentioned they didn't really have any defenses against an Andalite fighter.

"His name is Temrash. He is a Hork-Bajir controller."

<Thank you. Perhaps we should speak with him, Efaen.>

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #14909 on: March 20, 2011, 02:46:16 PM »
Illim sighs in exasperation as Corliss turns around almost as quickly as he had arrived. Muttering a low curse, he takes off after him. Before long he's keeping pace with Terenia in Mike's body, his breath coming in quick pants. "If they're... always this energetic..." he jokes to Terenia as they jog, "I'm not sure... I want to join."

Serid feels his fatigue mounting with the detachment of someone watching a movie. <<I have not rested in nearly a day. I cannot keep up this pace for long,>> he warns Corliss.
Aluminator's RAFsister