Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 333665 times)

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #14865 on: March 18, 2011, 11:12:36 PM »
Mar glances around the clearing, listening to Temrash's conversation with Terenia in confusion and slight frustration. The Yeerk hardly behaves like the General he claimed to be, and their argument is bothering Ossanlin. Mar has half a mind to say something, but defending Terenia would be a waste of his effort. The child is hardly free from blame of the events that have transpired at the Bar.

Mar glances around and then curses upon realizing Ossanlin has disappeared. He had some vague sense of where the War-Prince passed him by, however. Mar darts off in that direction, eventually finding himself at a slight distance from the Andalite's back.

"Ossanlin!" Mar calls out toward him, breathing in to recover from the run he'd just made. "I'm...sorry. I didn't notice you had left. Your...venture seems to have failed. But then again, as I said...support of the unworthy is rarely a useful venture. Terenia is too weak a person to think clearly at the moment, although she gave hints of wanting to return. Make of that what you will."

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #14866 on: March 18, 2011, 11:17:11 PM »
Illim shakes his head as he watches them. "Sometime you'll have to tell me her story, at least the parts that she wouldn't mind me hearing. Granted I haven't known her longer than twenty minutes, but I don't think she's the kind of person who lets many folks get close to her." He smirks, looking back at Corliss. "Although you seem to be an exception."

He moves on quickly enough, not wanting to embarrass him too much. "Who is that Temrash fellow, anyway?"

<<I understand,>> Serid says, <<and I believe you.>> From what he can see of the Yeerk's thoughts, he isn't lying, but of course Corliss could be hiding anything he wanted to. Still, Serid is slowly feeling a bit more magnanimous. <<I do, however, still want to learn about Terenia's Andalite hos.>>
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #14867 on: March 19, 2011, 12:02:46 AM »
<<Efaen?>> Corliss laughs as he walks along.  <<You'd best leave her well enough alone, she's a lunatic, and I'm not saying that out of any ill will towards Andalites.  As Mike would likely put it, she's a real nutter, a king mixer.  In other words, nothing but trouble.>>

A bit delayed, he smirks at the ground, picking up on what Illim has said. 

"If you feed her enough beer, she'll tell you," he says seriously.  Then he smiles at the gravel again.  "As for Temrash, he's an idiot.  Thinks he owns the place.  Apparently he was a Visser, but I have a hard time believing that one."

Now that they've come within decent enough ear shot of Terenia, Corliss cups his hands over his mouth.

"Hey!" he calls.  "Can you wait half a moment, please?  We're here to help you, believe it or not."  He glances back at Illim.  "Besides, this is a rental," he mutters.

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #14868 on: March 19, 2011, 01:27:46 AM »
"Anti-morphing ray?" Salem repeated. "Hmm..." he thought for a moment. Temrash had suggested he use the ray for himself, to keep morphed spies from being effective... but Salem was already thinking beyond that. He'd never even considered the possibility of such a technology before. It might give him insights into the morphing technology itself- he'd long since hit a dead end in his attempts to improve on what the Andalites had grudgingly given him. What's more, it might lend a hand to furthering his work on other projects based on or influenced by the morphing technology. He might never end up building an anti-morphing ray for himself, but the technological insights might help in ways he couldn't even see yet.

He grinned, "Now that doesn't sound half bad. I'll see what I can do."

He became serious again as he began running through his options in his mind. As he did, he spoke aloud, half to Temrash and half to himself. "You said the ship... skimmer...? is currently open and unoccupied, right? I could go in unseen and try to get your information before anyone gets back. Mmm... but if it's heavily encrypted it could take a while, and I'd rather not be stuck hiding on board if they decide to go somewhere. My ship's computer might be helpful... but I don't know if Corliss's computer would record that kind of brute-force invasion. I might not be able to wipe record of that in time. Hmm..."

He looked Temrash in the eye and smirked, "My best bet is probably to go in overtly as sweet, innocent little me. Mind pointing out for me which ship I'm looking at?"

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Nero's Fury

• "Soldier's of Vengence unite!"
  • Xtreme Member
  • JUGGALO 4 LIFE
« Reply #14869 on: March 19, 2011, 01:38:30 AM »
The door to the bar opened silently, and in walked a man with long flowing blood red hair kept in a ponytail.

On his right cheek he bore a deep scar from his nose to his neck. He wore a black silk button up shirt. In his hand he clasped a large samurai sword. Ending his outfit was a pair of black silk pants and black aligator shoes.

Walking to the bar he ordered a large vodka on the rocks.

Grabbing the glass he turned and leaned back against the bar scanning the crowd.

I have been sent on a very good mission, I cant pass up this exchange. 3 People for 10,000,000 credits? He thought to himself.

He was searching for a being named Ossalin or something along those lines, and two others who would be named once the first was gone.
"When you live life without regrets, the obvious result is happiness!" - Damien Steele

R.I.P Big Brother...

[/img]

radgeek

« Reply #14870 on: March 19, 2011, 07:19:52 AM »
"I would imagine," Taylis said.  "In my case it was my political adviser.  He did it two seconds after learn I had won the election."  She pauses slightly to think about how Adam's emotions have been played with.  He must be hurt inside.  "If I still had control of my body I would have fired him."
<<He's someone else that I need to add to my hit list,>> Amy said with a violent tone.

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #14871 on: March 19, 2011, 09:27:46 AM »
"I didn't spend much time around the Sharing myself," Carris says. "It kind of went against my idea of being involved." He shrugs. "That, and it's a lot easier to deal with a host who's not getting pissed at the people you're trying to deal with." He looks pointedly at Fiona. "Some of us like to keep our hosts relatively happy."

Fiona doesn't look at him. "Not most."

Carris pauses, then turns back to Amy. "But not most."

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #14872 on: March 19, 2011, 09:54:10 AM »
Morgan glanced around the bar and noticed for the first time since storming in, that Silver was no where to be seen.

"Have you seen Silver?" Morgan asked Gaz.

Gaz shook her head. "I tried to keep my eyes peeled as I chased after you. But no..I haven't seen her. I imagine she's around somewhere."

"Not sure I could face her," Morgan replied, "after vanishing like that without a word."

"Hey," Gaz said, "she'll understand. Especially when we explain the circumstances."

"The circumstances," Morgan replied, "if we can't find anything...if things start happening...."

"We'll take off," Gaz said simply, "we'll leave a message with someone explaining the whole thing."

"I don't even understand why we came back," Morgan said.

Gaz frowned slightly. Ever since the news hit him, Morgan had been a lot glummer than usual. It wasn't like him at all. Gaz was starting to miss the upbeat captain she had signed up with.

"We needed a safe place to come back to for repairs," Gaz replied, even though Morgan knew all this. "And Asda has been in constant contact with Cortex about finding a solution."

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #14873 on: March 19, 2011, 10:11:41 AM »
"The Skimmer is the ship I parked next to. You should have noticed it when you passed. Whatever you think is best, as long as you get me some way to contact the rebellion through another ship besides the Skimmer itsself. I want to try to reach them independently, and if I'm lucky I may be able to make an alliance without ever having to work alongside Corliss. That guy is impossible. He thinks Terenia is fine, but Efaen is the bad one. Can you believe it? She's just your garden variety Andalite. Ossanlin's the weird one." He said with a smile at the last comment.

He looked around the room, and saw Morgan and Gaz. "I'll get back with you later, Salem. I think I see some friends of mine."

He walked over to the pair, and greeted them. "Hey you two. I'm glad to see some friends again. I feel you should know something about Silver, though. she made allies with someone who had a people to save in another dimension. She went through a portal, and I'm unsure when she'll be back. The portal itsself is actually inside my ship, and should still be open. I won't be open for too much longer, though."

Ani-Master 2014!

radgeek

« Reply #14874 on: March 19, 2011, 10:36:07 AM »
"I think Taylis, my Yeerk, was indifferent about how I felt," Taylis said reading through Amy's mind to see what she would have said.  "She didn't care if I was crying when she killed people with my bare hands or how much I liked it when she kissed my husband.  Even though I was," she almost didn't want to say what Amy had been feeling for so long, "disgusted."
<<I did you have me pretend to be you so I would have to look at these emotions?>> Taylis asked.
<<No I didn't,>> Amy said.  <<I can do this if you what me to.>>
<<No, I can do this.>>

Offline Gaz

• God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #14875 on: March 19, 2011, 10:52:26 AM »
Gaz winced slightly at the news, she was afraid of something like that.

"She'll be fine," Gaz said, "you know she can handle herself. She's your daughter after all."

Morgan gave a weak smile and nodded. He didn't say anything, but Gaz could tell he was worried and longed to storm after her.

Gaz hesitated and said, "I should explain our situation to you. The reason why we took off. I think you remember Morgan's story and that he's the only one currently to have survived the process that we know of. Asda was digging through the files taken during the raid of that facility a while ago. We don't know for certain but according to the files there's a very good chance that....after a period of time..."

Morgan could tell that Gaz was having a hard time getting through this.

"There's a very good chance that after a period of time," Morgan continued, "soon to come to an end I may very well lose my mind."

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #14876 on: March 19, 2011, 10:57:01 AM »
"Lose your mind? Does that mean you'll have the mind to match the animal half of your body, or just go crazy? I'm sorry to hear this. I don't suppose there's any way to reverse it, or at least slow it down? You know I'd help in any way I could."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #14877 on: March 19, 2011, 11:49:17 AM »
Salem cracked his knuckles and walked quickly out the door. He ran through what he might need to hack a Yeerk ship's system in his mind. He probably already had everything he needed on his person. He could get the information out easily enough, but doing it in such a way that the computer system not only remained intact and functional, but showed no evidence of tampering- that was a different story. His small, silver, cell phone-like computer interface device would be his best bet. He could route the signal from the device through his ship's computer system to improve the processing speed. As he walked, he called Al and told him what his plan was.

Al's response came back, "I can't leave you alone, can I? You get into so much trouble on your own."

Salem laughed and signed off, pocketing the communicator, and walked up the ramp to the Skimmer. He looked around to ensure that nobody was aboard with him, and found the nearest computer access console. He pulled the interface device from his pocket, pressed a few buttons, and pocketed it again- it was now directly monitoring all systems, programs and memory locations accessed by the ship's computer. He then began typing into the console himself, looking for a way to access ship's communications, and trying to find information on its recent contacts stored in memory. He figured the ship would record such a direct approach, but then, he didn't intend to make his presence here a secret.

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #14878 on: March 19, 2011, 12:34:06 PM »
The Skimmer's cabin suddenly flashes a dull shade of crimson.

Overhead, the announcement is in monotone Yeerkish, and it doesn't sound happy...but then again, monotone Yeerkish rarely does.

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Gaz

• God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #14879 on: March 19, 2011, 01:51:27 PM »
"It's not certain," Morgan replied. "It could go either way. Can't say I'm too fond of either one."

"Asda is certain there's a way to avoid it," Gaz replied, "the scientists, if you can call them that, who came up with the process also tried to cover all their bases. Asda has been digging through the files we have. But there has to be a way to keep it from happening. We'd appreciate any help we can get."

Morgan shook his head. "I said it was a bad idea coming back here. I could snap at any time...I don't want to hurt anyone. I just...I don't want Silver around if my mind should go. I don't want her to see me that way."

"No one will see you that way," Gaz insisted. "You'll be back to your good natured self in no time."