Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 333678 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #14835 on: March 18, 2011, 05:48:36 PM »
"Yeah, I heard. I just don't feel like chasing this guy around while trying to get him to talk. I won't hurt him, but I'm not dropping the issue either." He said. Why did Corliss have to be in someone else's body right now? "Put the dracon back." He said as he drew his own.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #14836 on: March 18, 2011, 05:50:34 PM »
"Sorry to disappoint you," Corliss snaps back at Temrash, quickening his stride, and addressing Serid just as much as the Yeerk.

He glances back as Illim confronts Temrash.  <<I'll make this as quick as I can,>> he says sourly.  <<There's no use complaining about it.>>

Corliss freezes, however, when he catches the glimmer of Dracons aimed at each other.

He finds Serid's hand is patting for his holster before he even realizes it, and Corliss draws the Dracon with a sweaty left hand.

"I reckon you're outnumbered, mate," Corliss says dangerously, aiming the gun at Temrash from behind.  "Why don't you do us all a favor and drop the issue, before we force you to?"
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 05:56:23 PM by Myitt »

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #14837 on: March 18, 2011, 05:55:14 PM »
Illim growls at Temrash. "Like hell I'm putting mine away, not while you have yours out," he snaps. He raises his Dracon, aiming it at the Hork-Bajir. "I'm keeping an eye on my host, and that's that. Don't stand in my way." <God, I hope this is over soon,> he mutters to Derrel.

Serid growls but says no more, forced to wait for the situation to pan out.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 05:59:15 PM by KitsuneMarie »
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #14838 on: March 18, 2011, 05:57:50 PM »
Temrash glares at Corliss. "Blasted dapsen." He said, and turned his attention to Illim.

<Oh man.> Derrel said in anticipation.

"Fine. I don't need anymore enemies now, so I'll wait. You go get your friend back. I'll deal with Corliss later." He said, and started walking away. He started making for his ship, deciding he needed to talk to someone else. The Skimmer's hatch was open, afterall, and Temrash's ship was parked right next to it.

<I may be able to scan the area with my ship, and pick up any signs of taxxon.> Claxter said. <It would be faster than running around on foot.>

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #14839 on: March 18, 2011, 06:02:07 PM »
Illim takes a long, slow breath to try to calm the thumping in his chest. He hadn't even realized his heart was beating so quickly. As the adrenaline starts to fade, he shoves the Dracon into his makeshift holster and strides towards Corliss. "Let's get this over with," he mutters. "Find your girlfriend and then get out of Serid. Alright? Sorry if I'm not making the best first impression here, but frankly, I don't give a damn."
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #14840 on: March 18, 2011, 06:06:10 PM »
Temrash went into his ship, and grabbed a couple of devices. He took them into the Skimmer to attempt to hack into the system and get any access link he could to the rebellion's new base. With it he could simply call the rebellion from his ship, and work on getting Reven's attention without Corliss' help. If Reven was responsible at all, he wouldn't approve of such disregard as Corliss has shown. Though he may also be unhappy with Temrash's means of acquiring access to their stronghold.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #14841 on: March 18, 2011, 06:22:01 PM »
Corliss looks Illim up and down while he re-holsters the gun.  

"I, for one, am just glad that dapsen coward stepped off," he replies, suddenly very tired.  As he starts to walk back toward Terenia and Ossanlin, he wonders idly when Serid was last able to rest.  "As I told your Andalite friend here, I intend to make this as quick and painless as possible.  You can see that the girl doesn't exactly have a bloody band of cheerleaders helping her out in this damned place."  

He glances over his shoulder at Illim.  "Besides, I get the distinct impression he's interested in what Ossanlin has to say, as well."  

Temrash's first attempt to hack the system fails--the Skimmer's security system is too beefed-up, fitted with all manner of encryption.  It was not an impossible nut to crack, but it would not be easy.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #14842 on: March 18, 2011, 06:28:33 PM »
"Not too surprising." Temrash said as his efforts to get at the data directly was met with heavy firewalls. Next he tried what Humans would call a trojan horse. Something that would give information to his ship any time the computer was accessed. If he could get it in, he wouldn't have to get caught red handed.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #14843 on: March 18, 2011, 06:34:04 PM »
The process takes quite a few minutes, but eventually the Skimmer's security defense system sends back a failure message.  The rebellion was nothing if not cautious to the extreme.

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #14844 on: March 18, 2011, 06:36:48 PM »
"Yeah," Illim nods, his tone softening as he lengthens his stride to walk beside him. "If he could actually get his body back, he'd be one happy camper," he says, then smirks, a bit belatedly. "I'm sure you'll take good care of him, but still. You understand, as Serid's doing it as a favor to me."
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #14845 on: March 18, 2011, 06:44:24 PM »
"Of course," Corliss replies with a sigh.  "I keep telling him I reckon he's just fab for doing this, but..."  He looks around conspiratorially, then eyes Illim, whispering, "I don't reckon he likes me." 

He grins.  <<Which is such a pity,>> he tells Serid with mock sincerity.  <<I rather fancy you.>>

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #14846 on: March 18, 2011, 06:46:18 PM »
"Hmm..." Temrash said. He was running out of options that didn't involve making it really obvious he had done something. They were very careful. Much more than Corliss was being with Terenia. He might need to get Kevlin on this. Or maybe...but he probably wouldn't help. At least, not without ample payment. Temrash grabbed his things, took them back to the ship, locked up, and headed to the bar.

Inside he found Salem. "Hey Salem." He said as he walked up. "Just hypothetically speaking, how much would you charge to get information out of a ship that's heavily encrypted, without alerting anyone that you did it?"

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #14847 on: March 18, 2011, 06:48:39 PM »
Trey looks up at the sudden arrival of a Hork-Bajir at their table and chokes on his drink. Seven foot bladed alien was not what I was expecting. What follows is a long coughing fit during which he cannot speak.

"Um...sorry..." he says as soon as he is able to. "You surprised me."

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #14848 on: March 18, 2011, 06:51:36 PM »
"My apologies. I'm Temrash. I'm in need of the services of someone who has better equipment than I have on hand at the moment. I'd be willing to pay, of course."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #14849 on: March 18, 2011, 06:58:11 PM »
He stared after the lady for a minute, then sat back down with a sigh.

"Trathpare't..."

The suit turned clear again.

"Barthendah, I'll haff a Ttthhetwian wine, any sethection. Puth ith on my bill."

He used his mouth implants to suck up the liquid. Almost like a straw.

He looked around. He walked up to a random gentleman, "Hey, you got thome thangthe?"
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother