Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 333667 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #14880 on: March 19, 2011, 01:58:29 PM »
"Just name it and I'll do it. I can be by Morgan's side at all times, so if he starts acting irrational I can subdue him." Temrash said. Though as big as Morgan was, it may be easier said than done. At least, without severely hurting him. He knew this would mean he wouldn't be able to keep tabs on Terenia, but hopefully she wouldn't do anything. He knew good and well Corliss certainly wasn't keeping her in check.

"I suppose we could fit you with something to control you easily but...well just having me beside you would look less demeaning. I'm sure you don't want to be put back in a cage."

Ani-Master 2014!

Aldrea2011

« Reply #14881 on: March 19, 2011, 02:14:48 PM »
My communicator activated and I heard; "Heltho? I vill help thou."

"Keep an eye out for any suspicious-looking people, I'll have the comm so let me know. But for now, I'm going to look in a few other places." I fired up my engines and went to a neighboring planet.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 03:17:39 PM by Aldrea2011 »

Offline Nero's Fury

• "Soldier's of Vengence unite!"
  • Xtreme Member
  • JUGGALO 4 LIFE
« Reply #14882 on: March 19, 2011, 02:18:03 PM »
The young man turned back to the bar and drained his glass, ''Another. And also bartender do you have knowledge on a man named Ossanlin?''
"When you live life without regrets, the obvious result is happiness!" - Damien Steele

R.I.P Big Brother...

[/img]

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #14883 on: March 19, 2011, 02:45:32 PM »
Ossanlin glances at Mar, allowing him to catch up.  He then notices Terenia not far behind.  AND Corliss in Serid's body.  He sighs heavily, keeping his main eyes on Mar.  <<Here come the brigade.  I thought the retraction of the offer might humble her a bit, perhaps require her to actually ask for something, which I think is good for her.  Though I don't particularly feel like chatting with Corliss at the moment.  Poor Serid...being coopted into all of this.  A portion of me simply wishes to gallop off into the woods for some peace and quiet.>>  He sighs again and turns, looking at the approaching forms of Terenia and Corliss, not speaking as they are not yet within conversational tone.
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #14884 on: March 19, 2011, 03:50:00 PM »
Salem couldn't understand Yeerkish yet- he hadn't heard enough of it for the Andalite translator chip he'd had implanted to pick up the language- but it was pretty easy to guess what the ship was saying. Still, this might work out to his advantage.

He pulled the interface device from his pocket and spent a few seconds looking through whatever information it had gathered. He let out a low whistle. Say what you will about these rebels, he thought, but they're definitely security-savvy. The number of failsafes and encryptions that had activated during even his brief use of the system was daunting- and he didn't know how many layers he might have to break through. Still, now that he could see some of what he was up against, he could start working on breaking through or circumventing each security measure.

First thing, though, he had to gain access to the ship's systems. He set one of the device's processes to search for backdoor access to the communications logs- if Yeerk systems were programmed with such things, his equipment would find them. Eventually. In the meantime, he set the device to begin trying passwords and security codes to placate the main security system- the interface between his device and Yeerk technology was capable of trying only a few tens of thousands of passwords per second, so it would be slow going. With each incorrect filing, his device would send a cancellation request and a small electric pulse to confuse the information. None of his attempted passwords would be recorded by the system, except maybe as an occasional computer error. As the device fired up, the device emitted a low drone, that got higher and higher in pitch until, within a few seconds, it went well beyond the audible range of the human ear.

He shook his head. If the encryption was something more complex than a simple number or password, such as genetic or auditory encryption, he might never find it at this rate. He set up another routine to begin scanning all data accessed by the ship's computer. Each time a password was entered, the Yeerk computer had to compare it to the correct entry in order to be able to confirm failure. If he was lucky, this routine would be able to pull out the real encryption through the flurry of computer activity that was now occurring.

Almost as an afterthought, he set up another routine to begin searching the computer for unencrypted files, and perusing them for any clues to the security access, immediately afterward sending a similar cancellation request and electric pulse to nullify any record of file access. The clues it found would generate passwords that would then be prioritized by his search routine.

All he had to do now was cross his fingers and wait.

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #14885 on: March 19, 2011, 03:58:53 PM »
Terenia continues to jog forward, Mike's human body moving considerably slower and clumbsier than the Andalite body she is used to possessing.

<You need to work out more,> she comments as she finally comes to a stumbling halt a few feet in front of Ossanlin. She leans against the nearest tree, coughing as she tries to catch her breath.

"Oss-Ossan-" she gasps. It takes her a few minutes before she is able to speak clearly. "Ossanlin," she says at last, glancing at Mar quickly before sliding her gaze back to the Andalite that she was so intent on catching. "please don't run off again. I don't think this body could handle it. I just...want to talk. No trouble. I promise."

"Guess so," Trey says watching as Salem takes off as quickly as he appeared. He shrugs, happy that whatever trouble he might have found did not find Trey himself.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #14886 on: March 19, 2011, 04:04:51 PM »
<Trouble seems to follow wherever you go Terenia.>  Ossanlin glances up at the still-approaching figure of Corliss with his main eyes.  <I thought you couldn't be rid of me fast enough...I thought you wanted me gone, out of your life.  I was ready to end our association but now it seems the situation has been reversed in some manner.>  He sighs.  <What do you want to talk about Terenia?>  He feels he already knows the answer full well, but it seemed appropriate to ask.

RAF Silverblade

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #14887 on: March 19, 2011, 04:16:27 PM »
"I didn't get a chance to...explain myself," she says, finally pulling herself fully upright as her breathing returns to some semblence of normality. "I just...look. You came in and offered to do this...thing...and then before I knew it the entire ship was full of people yelling at me and you were running out the door."

She rubs the back of her hand against Mike's forehead. Her stomach is knotted, and she has a feeling it has nothing to do with the sudden burst of exercise. She has to force herself to put aside her dislike of Ossanlin as she speaks. Surprisingly it isn't very hard to do, considering the offer that has been placed on the table.

"Look, I'm sorry. I kind of freaked out. I just..." she looks him in his main eyes as she speaks, trying to convey her seriousness. She does not want to sound like a little girl. Not now. "The idea of becoming human again...I haven't been since I was a child. I don't think I would even know what it means to be just human. That doesn't mean I don't want it, though. It just means that...I'm scared."

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #14888 on: March 19, 2011, 04:37:57 PM »
Ossanlin shrugs his shoulders and cricks his neck a bit to the side, his tail swishing back and forth with no particular emotion attached at the moment.  <I had thought that you were under the impression that being in a Yeerk's body, relegated to a murky pool, was a fate worse than death.  I cannot give you any other form...the only reason I think this will work at all is because your original deoxyribonucleic encoding was replaced and relegated beneath layers of artificially-reproduced genomes.  In essence it would be like inducing a long-overdue demorph.  And the only reason it will work so quickly is that I will be able to transpose your genetic copy from Efaen onto your form to determine the correct ordering of nucleotides.  In the case of Serid, it will take a very long time for me to determine his genome if I can at all.>

Ossanlin shakes his head.  <I certainly would not be able to trust you with morphing technology again.  That's assuming that I even have an Escafil device, which I do not.  They are very well-guarded as you may know.  You would be a human...I suppose you need to decide whether that would be better than being a Yeerk or not.>

RAF Silverblade

Offline Nero's Fury

• "Soldier's of Vengence unite!"
  • Xtreme Member
  • JUGGALO 4 LIFE
« Reply #14889 on: March 19, 2011, 04:43:13 PM »
The bartender seemed to have not heard him as it continued on its business, the new comer then sighed and walked to a human female, ''Have you heard of an Andalite named Ossanlin?''
"When you live life without regrets, the obvious result is happiness!" - Damien Steele

R.I.P Big Brother...

[/img]

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #14890 on: March 19, 2011, 04:58:33 PM »
"Yeah, I get that," Terenia says with a heavy sigh. "I wouldn't trust me with the technology either, honestly. But...that's the other thing. I mean, you saw my memories." She takes a deep breath. Glancing down she realizes that her hands are shaking. "I don't want to be a Yeerk. I trapped myself in this form because it was the worst punishment I could think of for myself after Danny died. And now you're giving me this...this opportunity while Tammy is still warm in her grave." Mike's voice trembles at the mention of Tamora, but Terenia powers through. "It's like I'd be rewarding myself for her death."

She looks back up at Ossanlin, glad for the male body that is much less apt to produce tears. "I don't deserve that. It isn't right. It isn't...it doesn't honor Tamora's memory, it would only be me running away from my problems."

But God I want to accept so badly... she adds to herself, torn.

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #14891 on: March 19, 2011, 05:00:21 PM »
"Beer, huh?" Illim grins, tucking away the bit of information. "And right you are," he adds in response to Corliss's last statement.

"Speaking of, I'm guessing you don't have too many unhosted humans running around the rebellion? You know, just in case," Illim asks.

<<That may be so,>> Serid responds, <<but it is still a monumental disgrace for an Andalite to become a Yeerk's host. Even Ertoran has refused a Yeerk, it seems. If I were you, I would question her loyalty to your leader.>>
Aluminator's RAFsister

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #14892 on: March 19, 2011, 05:13:57 PM »
Ossanlin sighs and shakes his head again.  <I do pity you that your brother and sister desired you to suffer the worst fate you can imagine.  I mean, if you feel that you deserve that, then they must've wanted that for you.  I'm sure you would honor their memories by honoring their wishes...after all to Tamora the Yeerks were a powerful and sophisticated species with many abilities that humans lacked.  Obviously she wouldn't have become a Yeerk if she could have.>  Ossanlin drops the farce, trying to take a tack that Terenia might sympathize with.  <My point is, do you really think that Tamora would want you to be a Yeerk?  Wouldn't that be the apex for her?  Would she wish something she so desired upon you Terenia?  I believe that she considered the human race to be weak.  Would you not think she would want you in the human form she loathed so much?  Or did I misjudge her?>

RAF Silverblade

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #14893 on: March 19, 2011, 05:26:49 PM »
"I..." Terenia looks utterly confused by Ossanlin's words, as though the thought had never occurred to her. She thinks back to the few interactions that she has had with her sister over the past few years; how she revered the Yeerk Empire and despised humanity for dealing her such a poor lot. She thinks about how Tamora's voluntary status led to her demise. I did that, she reminds herself. I can't take that back.

It suddenly hits her like a punch in the gut. She leans back against the tree, winded by the emotional impact associated with her sister's recent death. She hated me, she reminds herself.

<Am I being selfish?> Terenia wonders to herself Mike, <Do I want to stay this way, is that why I am hesitating?>

"I want..." Terenia stumbles on the words; they seem strangely foreign. "I want what Tamora would want."

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #14894 on: March 19, 2011, 05:35:13 PM »
<You do not need to want what Tamora would want.  I do not understand the process of human grieving.  However if you truly want what she would want for you, then you need to determine what that would be.  I did not know her well, but from what I heard from you and what little I saw of her memories, she revered the Yeerks.  I do not think she would want you to be a Yeerk.  And I do not think she would wish death.  She was your sister, and even if that weren't enough, I believe she would see your death as an escape for you.>

Ossanlin sighs a bit...perhaps Mar was starting to rub off on him.  He felt as though he were twisting Terenia around his tail with some very dark thoughts and emotions.  <Again, you do not need to do what she would want.  It is your life to live as you please.>

RAF Silverblade