Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 333654 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #14910 on: March 20, 2011, 02:51:25 PM »
<I wonder if they have a gym in their secret base. If we're going to be doing a lot of running, I'm going to need to get in healthier shape.> Derrel said. He wondered who might be hacking the ship. <Probably not a good idea to leave the door open when you leave.>

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #14911 on: March 20, 2011, 02:57:20 PM »
Corliss huffs and stops, out of breath, his temporary host's exhaustion and the dull aching in his legs forcing him to pause. 

<<Sorry,>> he mutters tersely as he keeps going along at a slow walk.  <<I keep forgetting how tired you are.  And my ship...damnit, what a fool I am to leave it unguarded...>>

Mike laughs wearily in response to Terenia, feeling every muscle protest as she breaks into a jog.  <<Do I have a choice?>>

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #14912 on: March 20, 2011, 02:59:28 PM »
<Very well,> Efaen says. <Where is Temrash currently located?>

<<I guess not,>> Terenia says to Mike. <<Sorry...I'll get out of your head soon enough. One way or another.>>

Terenia grunts at Illim's comment, indicating that she has heard him. "Normally the drama involves...signific antly...less running...ow." She winces as Mike starts to develop a side cramp, but does not allow his body to slow down.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #14913 on: March 20, 2011, 03:13:56 PM »
<He's in the building.> Claxter said after another scan. He landed near the bar, and exited. He found Temrash talking to some people, and walked up to him, waiting for him to notice.

"Hey. You want something?" Temrash asked.

<Yes. It seems a Taxxon dug up and ate the body of Tamora. We found that a crew that belongs to you includes Taxxons.>

"Oh. Well there was a third Taxxon I met names Iosse. If anyone did it, I guess it was him. The other two are meant to be monitored. Either way my employees should keep it from happening again."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #14914 on: March 20, 2011, 03:43:56 PM »
<<It is of no consequence. I will rest after you release me; I simply did not wish you to push my body farther than is healthy,>> Serid responds, choosing not to respond to Corliss's last comment. Of course, he is a fool to leave it unlocked, but it is not as if Serid thought about it, either. Everything had been too chaotic for such sensible protocols.

"That's reassuring," Illim gives a panting laugh, breathing rhythmically, shallowly as he forces himself to keep running after Serid's body. <<Poor guy,>> he sighs to Derrel. <<We haven't slept in forever. He's probably about to fall over.>>
Aluminator's RAFsister

radgeek

« Reply #14915 on: March 20, 2011, 04:22:19 PM »
"She thought I was too emotional to keep as a host," Taylis explained.  "She dropped me off here before dropping out of the war entirely.  That's why I was talking to Fiona.  I'm a little bored here."

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #14916 on: March 20, 2011, 04:29:07 PM »
<<I reckon this is where I'm supposed to make a glib comment about you always being on my mind,>> Mike says wryly.  <<Ow, are ya trying to kill me?>>

Corliss can sense Serid's disapproving opinion of his own lack of better judgment, but he says nothing in response. 

No need to aggravate the situation, he thinks to himself, keeping his mind closed off.  If we can just make it to the Skimmer without him collapsing, we'll have enough to deal with.

The Skimmer flashes another warning holoscreen, scrolling a long block of text in Yeerkish.  Apparently the visual retinal hacking attempt is hitting some sort of wall, but it is incomprehensible. 

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #14917 on: March 20, 2011, 09:19:03 PM »
Despite the situation, Terenia has time to feel embarassed by Mike's comment. She flushes, but chooses to ignore him rather than retort. Instead she just privately enjoys his improbable interest in someone like her.

"So..." Terenia huffs, directing her thoughts to Illim instead. "New...recruit...the n?"

Efaen watches Claxter as he launches his ship, flies the short distance to the bar and lands it.

<Was that truly necessary?> she asks in regards to the short trip as she walks down the ramp. Claxter, however, is already disappearing inside the bar. That warrior is in far too much of a hurry, she thinks to herself. Privately she hopes that Prince Ossanlin does not expect so much unrestrained energy from all of his charges. With a small sigh she places her many fingered hand on the wooden door of the bar and pushes it open.

A quick glance around is all Efaen needs to locate Temrash and Claxter. The bar seems relatively sparse, and an Andalite and a Hork-Bajir tend to stand out even in the most crowded of times. She makes her way over to them, picking her way carefully among the tables and chairs.

<Did you discover anything of interest?> she asks as she approaches the pair. She looks decidedly at Claxter, ignoring Temrash's existence. She has not forgotten their last scuffle.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 09:26:48 PM by Terenia [Teach] »

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #14918 on: March 20, 2011, 09:26:21 PM »
<Apparently there was a third Taxxon, but he's inside the ship. Actually moving my ship again may not have been needed. Anyway, it seems all Taxxons are accounted for and under lock and key. Has that been helpful?> Claxter asked. He wanted to help her, and figured he did a competent job.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #14919 on: March 20, 2011, 09:33:45 PM »
<I suppose so,> Efaen said, ****ing her head slightly. <I was not particularly concerned about the Taxxon, I merely wished to avoid further conflict if possible. This place seems to breed off instability. Regardless, it is good that the Taxxons are accounted for. They are a rather unappealing species.> Efaen gives Temrash a sideways glance. <One of several unappealing species that seem to make their presence known here.>

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #14920 on: March 20, 2011, 09:38:48 PM »
Mar groans upon hearing Terenia's bizarre comment about the ship, having listened rather silently to the conversation between her and Ossanlin. Clearly it wasn't possible to have five seconds of rational thought in a Bar like this. Something had to go wrong, somewhere. Mar realizes suddenly that if he knew then what he knows now, he would have known that trying to pay off Myitt's tab was futile.

Upon the end of Ossanlin's conversation, Mar follows him lightly through the grass. He taps his foot on the ground and then continues to move along. "I am...sorry that the Bar is in such a state. Did it...behave in this manner in the days during which Myitt and yourself were young? I have heard or at least come to understand that this place is familiar to you both. It seems odd that Yeerk and Andalite would reach an understanding during the ugly years of a war."

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #14921 on: March 20, 2011, 09:45:27 PM »
"If all goes well," Illim pants beside Terenia, "that's the plan." He glances at her, trying to imagine what her human body might look like, but he just ends up picturing Mike with long eyelashes. Grinning at the mental image, he says, "I tried talking... to Myitt... but I'm gonna... need Corliss's support."
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #14922 on: March 20, 2011, 09:48:35 PM »
"Typical Andalite." Temrash said to Efaen. "Though I'm quite used to it by now. I'm not sure what I'd do if all you Andalites turned into Ossanlin. Oh, by the way. You realize there's a chance blowing up Terenia's ship could lure Visser Three's forces here, right?"

<If he does, we will deal with them.> Claxter said.

"Just remember they'll want Efaen more than they'll want Terenia. She'll want to get those tracking cells off eventually. I could arrange that, but obviously little Efaen doesn't want to owe me anything. even if I tell her the only thing I want is for Visser Three to have one less Andalite under his power."

<And how would you do that?>

"It's Yeerk technology. I could send her to a science lab and get the things removed. Probably easier than the Andalites could."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #14923 on: March 20, 2011, 10:25:38 PM »
"I'm sure...you'll...be...fine," Terenia says, slowing to a walk as the side cramp becomes unbearable. She is breathing heavily and sweat trickles down Mike's face in tiny rivulets. "After all...they're letting me in." She gives Illim a small flash of a rueful smile.

"I'm...Terenia, by the way. Sorry about...the confusion...before."

Efaen listens to Temrash with narrowed main eyes. She clearly does not like the Yeerk one bit. <The destruction of Terenia's ship, should it lure Visser Three here, will not prove to be a problem so long as I am under Prince Ossanlin's charge. Firstly, you are wrong in that he is infinitely more interested in that girl than he is in myself. For what reasons I do not pretend to understand, but his only connection with me is my existence as a liability. An Andalite who escaped his grasp.

<Secondly, I am not concerned in regards to the tracking components. My people will be capable of eradicating them,> Efan scuffs one hoof against the ground in irritation, but there is a look of pride in her eyes. <Finally, do you not think that perhaps it was my intention to lure the Visser here? I cannot hope to destroy Terenia while she has the support of her Yeerk friends, so I will let the Abomination complete the task in my stead. Perhaps the Tyrennian will even be able to eliminate a portion of his forces in the aftermath.>

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #14924 on: March 20, 2011, 10:33:24 PM »
Temrash wondered why visser Three would be more interested in a disloyal Yeerk nothlit than a morph capable Andalite. He didn't even care for the loyal Yeerks under his charge. "I wouldn't lose any sleep if he took Terenia, or just had her killed. You'll forgive me if I find it hard to believe that he's more interested in her than you, but I'll take your word for it."

Claxter wasn't sure if he should notify his Prince or not. Then again, he's probably already thought of it.

Ani-Master 2014!