Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 360611 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #10080 on: September 01, 2010, 06:50:08 PM »
"Let's see how this baby handles the other side of a chase." Temrash said. He had never used the craft to actually persue anyone, but it's impressive speed, maneuverability, stealth, and scanning abilities would be put to different use this time. The ship was the best the Yeerk Empire had to offer in technology that they either made or took from other species. His hands flew across the console, and missiles were armed and locked on.

Since he was already at a high elevation, he didn't have to strain any for lift. The enemy ship was dodging quite well, but he fired four homing missiles while continuing to try to hit the same spot. He hoped he could cause a hull breach that would keep the enemy ship contained on this asteroid.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #10081 on: September 01, 2010, 09:10:02 PM »
As energy causes adrenaline to flow through his body, Ossanlin jerks involuntarily, legs pawing air fruitlessly for a few moments.  His heartbeats stabilize and his breathing solidifies, but his vitals are still weak.  As Salem injects him, his eyes shoot open and he coughs violently, his breathing slits spewing blood from his throat.  His legs jerk again and he yells a messageless shout of pain, tail thrashing powerfully against the ground, blood running again from his compound fracture.  His main eyes jump around the forrest randomly.  <TO, d..damage report!  How many vessels in the ambush?  We need our primary energy back online....return fire!  Ret..retu...>  Ossanlin's eyes drift shut again, unconsciousness returning, the blood running from his breathing slits increasing a bit in volume.
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #10082 on: September 01, 2010, 10:33:19 PM »
Salem stumbled back when Ossanlin awakened. He was trying to get back up again when Ossanlin's thrashing tail knocked him back down. Once the Andalite lost consciousness, he was able to scramble back up. He glanced at the faces of those around him and cursed under his breath before rolling up his sleeves and kneeling down next to the War Prince. He ran his fingers along Ossanlin's spine and cursed again when they reached the cracked vertebrae. He carefully applied pressure to a spot just above the compound fracture to slow the bleeding while he spoke to those around him.

"You," he said, looking at Elayne, "Find something I can use to splint his legs. Pipes or sticks. Stiff and straight." He turned his attention to Terenia now. "Get me something flat and straight. I need to immobilize his neck, and a back board is the fastest way I know." He glanced around at the group. "If anybody has a sedative or medical supplies handy, go get them. And if anybody has an idea how to immobilize that tail, do it. Even with my painkiller this is going to hurt him. Flying guy," he said, nodding at Mar, "Go find that four-armed doctor. Or any doctor. Fast." He glanced up at Thordon as he spoke the rest. "Let's not wake him up again. That did more harm than good. Can you tell how he's doing from here?"

Without waiting for an answer he turned back to Ossanlin and ripped a strip off the bottom of his jacket to tie around his leg near the fracture. "Now I'm using a Sparkle-Be-Good jacket as a bandage. You're not getting out of talking to me this easily, Andalite, especially after that crazy stunt you just pulled." He muttered. "Don't choke to death on me."

Al continued to increase the ship's throttle, and it now accelerated straight up, away from the little world. When Temrash launched his missiles, Al glanced at some readouts on his console. He wasn't going to be able to move fast enough to get away from them. "Yeerk missiles are good piloting practice anyway," he muttered, bringing the ship around and running at a right angle to the missles, straight up. As the missiles got closer, Al wound his curve tighter and tighter, always keeping the ship moving at a right angle to the missiles. Just as they got close, he pulled the ship into the tightest curve possible, aiming straight at the missiles, and, closing his eyes, wove between them in a manner that would have required reaction times beyond what should be possible. On the ship, all that was felt was the slightest jerk when he changed direction, resulting in a vibration as he dodged through the missiles. "Yeah! Oh, man, the old coaster never had that kind of agility!" he yelled with a fist pump as soon as he was through.

He breathed for a second and chanced a glance back at Keshin. It was only now that he noticed Joanne's bleeding neck. "You organics," he muttered. He glanced around, then reached out with his foot and kicked a roll of bandages towards Keshin. "I can't help now, but it doesn't look bad," he said to Keshin with a warm smile before turning back to the controls.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 11:08:27 PM by Aluminator (Probably Tyler) »

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #10083 on: September 01, 2010, 10:39:13 PM »
(Past the light barrier? What does that mean? Faster than light travel? If so, I believe that's too much. What am I supposed to do about that? It's anticlimactic.)

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #10084 on: September 01, 2010, 10:45:05 PM »
((Nah, this one's one of the techs that actually has basis. In http://animorphsforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=6331.0 I explain some of the reasoning as to why. Honestly, I'm not sure there's much a Yeerk ship could do about that without backup. I can alter the post to make it more climactic if you really want. Al would appreciate the chance to dodge some missiles :P))

Salem's Story

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #10085 on: September 01, 2010, 10:49:46 PM »
(Yeah, I was expecting some space battle fun. even if temrash's ship eventually gets shot down because Al's got some unusual tech.)

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Social Staff
« Reply #10086 on: September 01, 2010, 11:03:02 PM »
((Haha... alright, modified, but don't expect Al to be doing too much shooting. That's Salem's thing ;)))

Salem's Story

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #10087 on: September 01, 2010, 11:08:29 PM »
As Ossanlin began to convulse, Thordon hovered above his body so as to avoid any collisions. He remained hovering six inches over his body, and thought for a moment. He ignored Tobias's quip. He pointed his top hands at Ossanlin's head. His palms were open, but facing the ground, his fingertips aimed at the Andalite's head. He mirrored his top hands with his bottom hands. His palms open, but up. The fingertips of his bottom hands however were aimed at the base of Ossanlin's torso. His hands began to glow once more.

Thordon spoke, "I will attempt to drain his lower body of any energy, paralyzing him. I will also increase energy's flow to his mind. The energy should travel from his mind down to the base of his torso, then straight back into me. He will be able to regain consciousness, but unable to damage himself any further. This will give him time to regain his senses and give him time to recover his body on his own."

A stream of light travelled from the bottom of Ossanlin's humanoid back and connected to Thordon’s bottom hands. Moments later, Thordon’s top hands shone a stream of light to the back of his head.
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #10088 on: September 01, 2010, 11:13:33 PM »
Corliss jogs into the woods, but he quickly loses sight of Terenia.  The nearest he can tell is that she...or someone...is crashing through the trees nearby.

"Terenia!" he calls.  

---

Myitt frowns, peering outside through one of the grimy bar windows.  

"That explosion...I have a bad feeling about this," she murmurs.  She looks at Tora.  "I guess I can't leave him out there.  The idiot thinks he cares for her."

She pushes the door to the bar open and sighs.  "Besides," she continues, talking mostly to herself, "I'd better find Temrash before he decides to go back to his job, or whatever."

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #10089 on: September 01, 2010, 11:15:25 PM »
"Whoever is piloting the craft is quite good." Temrash said, impressed. Still, he wasn't firing back. The controller decided to try hailing the craft, though he probably wouldn't give up Keshin. He sent a message.

"This is Temrash 946 calling the pilot of that vessel. Surrender now, or I'm just going to keep shooting."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #10090 on: September 01, 2010, 11:34:01 PM »
Parker was watching the scene slightly behind Terenia. He heard Corliss's cry and turned around. He called into the trees, "Corliss! Just a little further. Ossanlin's hurt!"

He saw Ossanlin kick and buck from Thordon's first attempt to revive him. When Salem called for help, Parker ran to Ossanlin's legs and grabbed both pair of legs. He held them above the breaks, and pinned them together. Even if the Andalite tried to kick again, his legs weren't going anywhere.

When Thordon explained his next attempt, Parker spoke up, "You do what you think will work, but in case it doesn't, I'm keeping his legs pinned." He looked to Terenia to make sure she was still there. If she ran off, he'd follow; he didn't want anything bad to happen to Ossanlin, but her safety was his priority now.

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Social Staff
« Reply #10091 on: September 01, 2010, 11:47:50 PM »
Salem smiled at Parker, who'd grabbed Ossanlin's legs just as he finished tying his deep purple bandage near the edge of the compound fracture to slow the bleeding. "Good to see you, at least. Guys, I still need that stuff in case something goes wrong," he said, looking around at Elayne, Terenia, Mar and the growing crowd. He sat down in the dirt. With a glance up at Thordon, he said "just remember that he's got blood in his airway. If he chokes, this won't work. Dead Andalites don't morph. Be gentle." He smiled at him. "When will I learn never to doubt you immortals?"

Al rolled his eyes at Temrash's transmission. "Oh, right, like after all that I'm just going to give up and come over for a chat," he muttered to no one in particular. He flipped another switch on his console and once again the ship glowed white for a second as another shield went up over the fore section. He brought the ship around and began accelerating directly towards Temrash's ship.

"So, do Yeerks play chicken?" he said to himself with a manic grin plastered on his face.

Salem's Story

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #10092 on: September 01, 2010, 11:54:16 PM »
Thordon replied to Tobias, "The fluid in his airways are killing him, conscious or not. With consciousness, he can eventually morph and restore his DNA. If he remains unconscious, he will just slowly die as his lungs fill with blood."

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Social Staff
« Reply #10093 on: September 02, 2010, 12:02:32 AM »
Salem nodded from the dirt. "I know, but aggravating his breathing will make it happen faster." He pushed himself to a kneeling position and brushed himself off.

Salem's Story

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #10094 on: September 02, 2010, 12:13:28 AM »
Thordon replied, "You have your doubts, I understand and appreciate that. However second guessing all of our methods will only waste time. This time I am creating a constant flow of energy. His mind should stay conscious as long as I keep the connection. So even if he stops breathing, he will have a steady flow of electricity to his brain; hopefully allowing him to morph in time."