Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 360683 times)

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #10110 on: September 02, 2010, 07:19:44 PM »
The Director hangs his head and shakes it, "You are more like your sister than you know." He wipes his face with a single hand, removing himself emotionally from the situation. He renews his wide grin and asks, "So, where're we going?"
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #10111 on: September 02, 2010, 07:24:08 PM »
"I am nothing like her," Tamora says, "she is a time bomb, ready to explode at the slightest disruption. I like to think that I am a more rational person than that. Looks can be deceiving, you know. We may look the same, but we are far from it."

She sighs, hand reaching for a ghost Dracon. When it only makes contact with the fabric of her Imperial uniform she bites her lip, trying to decide how best to proceed.

"Alright," she says at last. "You're right, I can't just barrel in there trying to kill her. Terenia isn't the only one armed, and for some reason she seems to have quite a few people who want her protected. I guess...we could just go spy it out. See what's going on. Then if the opportunity arises, I can get down to business."

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #10112 on: September 02, 2010, 08:01:29 PM »
The Director just kept his goofy smile, not saying what he knew to be the truth. Any further debate would just stall any progression of events, so he just gave his impression as to his observation of the bar. He said, "Well, I don't think it's so much as protecting her as it is not wanting death in general. The patrons here find this place to be a sort of sanctuary, if you will. A place where anyone can come in and have a drink without threat of death or violence. However since there is no such thing as Utopia, and skirmishes do unfold, certain people protect the targets the best they can to tip the balance back towards peace."

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #10113 on: September 02, 2010, 08:12:11 PM »
Salem finished tearing a few strips from the bottom of his jacket and laid what remained of it over Ossanlin's torso.

<<Time to morph, buddy.>>

"...From the grass that feeds us..."

Al saw Temrash's ship release some floating objects. "Whoa. That's new." He pulled the ship into a tight 180 degree turn and began flying away from Temrash just as erratically as he'd been flying towards him. As he did so, the second shield he'd sent up switched to cover the rear half of the ship.

He flicked yet another switch on his console and the sounds of the .38 Special song "Caught Up In You" began to resonate through the ship.

"Aw, man. Earth tunes," Al said. He shouted over his shoulder at the projection of Temrash's ship on the rear wall, "You're lucky I don't have a gunner, dude!"

He continued to dodge and weave, many times nearly grazing one of Temrash's homing missiles, but never once hitting one. Temrash's beams weren't ever grazing the ship for more than a split second, and usually only at the edges of the shield. "How long does he want to play this game? He's gotta run out of ammo eventually, right?" he wondered aloud.

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #10114 on: September 02, 2010, 08:28:39 PM »
"Slippery fella, isn't he?" Temrash said. He didn't really have many options left. The ship was impressively agile for a weird looking craft. "You are lucky I don't have a Blue Band Lancer ship."

He slowed his speed, and banked for the asteroid, figuring he'd just cut his losses before he ran out of juice. He would go back and check on Ossanlin to see if he was still alive.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #10115 on: September 02, 2010, 08:37:24 PM »
"Sanctuary?" Tamora raises her eyebrows, looking surprised, "I assumed I had been dragged into the midst of a rebel hideout. Why would they bring one of their enemies to a place they go to avoid fights? That seems...odd."

------

<Here,> Terenia says stiffly, depositing the bundle of sticks to the ground near Salem, <At least several should serve as sufficient splints.> she glances at Ossanlin's unconscious form, <Not that it looks as though it will do much good.>

<<And you couldn't be happier, could you?>> Efaen accuses. She is struggling for control again, firmly believing that the best way to help Ossanlin is by having another Andalite there by his side. Terenia is ready for the fight, though, and keeps her hold over Efaen firm.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #10116 on: September 02, 2010, 08:42:39 PM »
The Director clarifies, "I'm using 'Sanctuary' as a loose term. We're located within a nexus in space. The rebels and Ossanlin live different lives and most likely shouldn't be seen together. This is an effective neutral ground."

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #10117 on: September 02, 2010, 09:01:43 PM »
Elayne picks up Terenia's discarded load and heads back to the site of Ossanlin's potential recovery. She notices, with some disappointment, that Mar has left and not returned in the time she has been away. Knock it off, she tells herself, her lips twisting into an agitated frown. It's not like there's time for chatting now anyway, and no one's getting moon-brained over. Just chill out.

She reaches Salem and the others, where she sets the plank on the ground. "How's he doing?" she asks.
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Midnight_Huntress

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
  • The Night is my haven, try to get me if you can...
« Reply #10118 on: September 02, 2010, 11:04:37 PM »
Silver nodded. "I'm as ready as ill ever be." She said with a smile but it didn't reach her eyes. She followed Gaz from the bar to the ship keeping Parkers sheild device close.
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather
Darth Vader (Shorty) is my RAFuncle
Reunited with my RAFlove Parker

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #10119 on: September 03, 2010, 01:34:49 AM »
Ossanlin grunts as Salem works on him, his eyes flickering.  His body begins to shiver a bit, his breathing growing more erratic as shock truly sets in.  His eyelids flicker open and closed, when a strange disembodied voice begins to reach his delirious mind.  Those words...they were calm...peace.  Yes...relaxing.  The shivering slows as the voice continues to chant.  What did the words mean?  Ossanlin thought he should know.  Where was he?  What was this place?  Was he in the timestream again?  Strange...it seemed different.  But he was so tired...he should sleep...just a little rest.
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #10120 on: September 03, 2010, 01:49:59 AM »
Parker looked at the unconscious Andalite. Nothing seemed to be working. He said to Salem, "Salem, it looks like your making him sleep more. You need to jar him to reality. Don't chant to him, talk." Parker looked at who was around, no one who was too close to Ossanlin that would really be able to reach him. He asked the group, "Where's Myitt, Corliss, or his girlfriend, Alic, right? We need someone he's familiar with to bring him out of this. Where is Mar? He could help too."

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #10121 on: September 03, 2010, 02:37:27 AM »
Salem glanced up at Elayne. "He's still breathing, anyway." He frowned for a second at Terenia, not recognizing her in Efaen's body, before shrugging and grabbing two of the sticks she'd deposited. He smiled weakly at Parker. "This should jar him plenty. Thordon, Parker, he's going to want to move."

Continuing the words of the ritual, he carefully felt along Ossanlin's non-compound fractured leg.

"...For the freedom that unites us..."

He placed one hand on either side of the fracture.

<<Time to wake up, War Prince.>>

Taking a deep breath, he wrenched the leg back to the correct angle as gently as he could.

"..We rise to the stars..."

Al blinked as Temrash's ship broke off pursuit. "Yeah, you'd better run!" he yelled at the receding projection of the ship making its way across the wall and down the floor.

He glanced at Keshin, then around the room. He flipped a switch, enabling the ship's autopilot, and got up and walked to the front of the craft. He ran his hand along the front wall and suddenly the image displayed on the ship's interior changed to a real image of the space around them, giving the impression that the ship's contents and occupants were floating miles above the bar in emptiness. A series of red slashes appeared around the display where Temrash's Dracon Beam had hit the ship, the red brighter where the ship had taken more damage. The spot at the front at which Temrash had fired was almost white. There was also a bright slash across the ship's left side, and another bright spot at the rear, and probably a dozen duller slashes at various points around the room. Al reached into a pile of junk that had managed to slide up against the wall near him and pulled out what looked like a caulk gun. He carried it towards Keshin, stopping to grab a water bottle off one of the shelves.

"That almost ended badly," he said with a smile, kneeling down next to Keshin. He set the water bottle on the floor next to Joanne and held up the thing he'd grabbed. "Tissue bonding, if you want to take off the bandage. This will help it heal faster and cleaner."

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #10122 on: September 03, 2010, 03:08:23 AM »
Parker nodded to Salem he tightened his grip, careful to not rebreak the legs he was holding.

Thordon did not reply. He concentrated on draining the energy from Ossanlin's lower half's muscles.

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #10123 on: September 03, 2010, 04:29:35 AM »
Ossanlin's eyes shoot open as pain blows through his mind, his brain sending nervous signals down his spine, muscles twitching as he tries desperately to kick, to thrash.  Something was terribly wrong with his legs...they wouldn't move, yet the white-hot pain continued.  Ossanlin thrashes his arms against the ground and reaches to his waist for his katana...the tsuka are not there.  Instead he balls his fists and attempts to batter anything nearby him as Aliciania would.  Since his upper-body was much more developed than most andalites, the wild swings carry decent force.  His tail...that wouldn't move either...was he paralyzed?  Had his vertebral nerves been severed?  He looks around for familiar faces and sees none.  He doesn't know any of these people...he isn't even on his ship!  Had he been on his yacht?  Had it crashed?  Most if not all of these people were humanoid...that had to mean yeerks.  Then his eyes spot another andalite and his hearts sigh in relief.  Certainly there was not another andalite controller...he would've heard about it.  Perhaps these were rebels then?  Ossanlin then notes the face of the one speaking the rites of the morning and is puzzled to see a human-looking figure.  <Who are you...how do you know those words?  What do you want with me?>  Ossanlin coughs again and feels as if he's going to hack out a lung...his breathing was heavy, as if he were trying to breathe through very thick fog or aerated water...
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 12:46:09 PM by Ossanlin »
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #10124 on: September 03, 2010, 08:46:38 AM »
Temrash landed the ship near where he took off, hoping the other ship wouldn't decide to blast it when he left. A group of people were hanging around where Ossanlin fell, so he figured the guy must not have gotten up yet. Upon a closer look, he was still lying there wounded, and Salem was next to him. It looked like he was trying to help somehow, so Temrash didn't make a big deal of it. He walked up to the group.

"Salem. First you free Keshin, making us your enemies, then you are apparently trying to help Ossanlin. That's quite conflicting. What's your story? why are you doing this? Are you really that close to Keshin to make multiple enemies in the process?" He asked calmly.

Ani-Master 2014!