Author Topic: Errors In Animorphs series  (Read 13901 times)

Offline anijen21

Re: Errors In Animorphs series
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2009, 11:56:41 PM »
HOLY HYLIA MAN that is amazing. I will have to do some research myself.  but like you i have a paper to do  So i'll do the research latter.

I love making timelines. I think i had one ages ago lost it and forgot all the calculations i made way back when but i'll still help you build that amazing timeline. I mean i'm still working on that Legend of Zelda timeline too XD

haha omg we are really just completely gone, aren't we?

I think after this I'll do a BSG one.
I go off topic on purpose.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2009, 07:14:52 AM »
That was good. Sorry you had to do it. So I was wrong about the twenty year thing. I don't know where I got that from.

So yeah, you're right that this is a good timeframe for getting a new family.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline fal_tagut

« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2009, 12:50:01 AM »
In 48 when Rachel is fighting Visser 3, Visser 3 goes straight from one morph to another without demorphing first.

Also, in one of the David books, David morphs into Jake's cousin, Saddler, who was mangled in bike accident. Everyone in Jake's family is surprised by his "miraculous" recovery. Wouldn't Tom suspect something?

Offline SkyMorpher

• Fly high, seek peace, God bless (Formerly Animel23
« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2009, 10:05:29 AM »
How about how Elfangor started as a prince but got bumped to war-prince by the end of the series?

Offline anijen21

« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2009, 03:43:41 PM »
How about how Elfangor started as a prince but got bumped to war-prince by the end of the series?

I think the Elfangor-worship got greatly skewed by the end of the series. At first he'd be dishonored if the people find out that he gave the Animorphs the morphing technology, and by the end they're naming Dome Ships after him. Of course, I think that may have something to do with the fact that every random Andalite they came across was a either a hero, genius, or total disgrace. There is no middle ground for reputation when it comes to Andalites, I guess.

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2009, 03:46:15 PM »
Elfangor wasn't disgraced for sharing the morphing tech because Ax took responsibility for that action to spare the disgracing of his brother's name.

:edit:

I found the excerpt:

Then Lirem said, <Young Aximili, your brother Elfangor is a hero. The people need heroes
in this endless war. I do not wish to tell the people that in the end, Elfangor broke the laws.
There can be no forgiveness for a prince that breaks the laws. Unlike an aristh. So ... I ask
you to think again. Was it truly Elfangor who gave this technology to the humans?>

I couldn't believe what Lirem wanted me to say. He wanted me to lie. He wanted me to clear
Elfangor.

<I...I was wrong when I said Elfangor did this,> I said, too shocked to argue. <It was ... it
was me. I gave the humans the morphing technology.>
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 03:57:31 PM by Spartan 281 (Parker) »
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline anijen21

« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2009, 04:27:12 PM »
yeah ik, my point was that at first that act would have disgraced him, but by the end he's like this messianic figure that everyone holds in this god-like regard. And earlier in that book, even Elfangor looked up to the Captain of the GalaxyTree, Nerefir I think. I was just noting that the overall perception of Elfangor changed throughout the series.

Offline Shark Akhrrana

• OOOH FISH
    • Chronicles of Hyrule
« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2009, 04:49:32 PM »
That was because when he came back he was still an Aristh .
and was promoted to Warrior. after that he became Prince.
when he died he was already a War-Prince. He probably still just called himself Prince or whatever
but others would see him as War Prince.

===============================================

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #68 on: May 01, 2009, 04:52:40 PM »
yeah ik, my point was that at first that act would have disgraced him, but by the end he's like this messianic figure that everyone holds in this god-like regard. And earlier in that book, even Elfangor looked up to the Captain of the GalaxyTree, Nerefir I think. I was just noting that the overall perception of Elfangor changed throughout the series.

Over time Legends don't dwindle, they get bigger and bigger.

Norse Mythology started as stories of these gods and legends, they're now entire movies, games, and universes that have been created based on those few stories.

Heros are celebrated, and Elfangor was a war hero. the only reason we don't understand the huge "deal", is because we know the real story. There's a saying, ''When the truth becomes legend, print the legend.''

We know the truth, but everyone else only here's the legend. And when the legend becomes more prevalent than the truth, society just embraces the legend.

Offline anijen21

« Reply #69 on: May 01, 2009, 06:32:48 PM »
Over time Legends don't dwindle, they get bigger and bigger.

Norse Mythology started as stories of these gods and legends, they're now entire movies, games, and universes that have been created based on those few stories.

Heros are celebrated, and Elfangor was a war hero. the only reason we don't understand the huge "deal", is because we know the real story. There's a saying, ''When the truth becomes legend, print the legend.''

We know the truth, but everyone else only here's the legend. And when the legend becomes more prevalent than the truth, society just embraces the legend.

lol yeah but norse mythology has taken hundreds, if not thousands of years to develop. Elfangor went from hot-shot jock on the Galaxy Tree to PRAISE BE TO ELFANGOR in like three.

Plus, both Gafinilan and even Mertil were described with the same kind of reverence that Elfangor got later on. They didn't get Dome Ships.

I AM JUST NITPICKING, THOUGH. I think it's a little inconsistent, but most of the inconsistencies can be hand-waved away if you're trying hard enough.

But I still say that picture was of his kids and not his parents.

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #70 on: May 01, 2009, 06:43:02 PM »

lol yeah but norse mythology has taken hundreds, if not thousands of years to develop. Elfangor went from hot-shot jock on the Galaxy Tree to PRAISE BE TO ELFANGOR in like three.

That's not necessarily true, When Norse Mythology was formed, an entire nation would pray to these gods, and give sacrifices to them, make songs to them.

My point was that legends don't idle or die down, they're spread, celebrated and embelished.

But I still say that picture was of his kids and not his parents.

Now you're just beating a dead horse, time to be moving on.

Offline anijen21

« Reply #71 on: May 01, 2009, 07:48:34 PM »
Now you're just beating a dead horse, time to be moving on.

Oh I wasn't just beating it, I beat it, tenderized it, fried it, then put it in a blender and made a smoothie

and the picture was of his kids, not his parents.

Offline SkyMorpher

• Fly high, seek peace, God bless (Formerly Animel23
« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2009, 10:06:45 PM »
At least I understand this better now. I was really confused when you quoted it over on LJ because it didn't seem like you'd explained it all in what you cut and pasted.

*Is Buffyangellvr over there*

Offline Shark Akhrrana

• OOOH FISH
    • Chronicles of Hyrule
« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2009, 10:13:39 PM »
I think it was in more than 3 years. he becomes a warrior a little after 3 years after teh whole thing started. after that it was at leas 10 to 14 years.

He started as Aristh went to Earth
3 years latter he gets married and becomes a father but before Tobias is born he is returned
some time weeks or moths can't remember he becomes a Warrior.
13 or 14 years later
he fought more battles than he could count
during those 13 or 14 years he went from Warrior to Prince to War-Prince
and died as a War Prince.
Tobias grew up he was a teenager when he got there that didn't happen in 3 years

===============================================

Offline anijen21

« Reply #74 on: May 01, 2009, 10:33:33 PM »
At least I understand this better now. I was really confused when you quoted it over on LJ because it didn't seem like you'd explained it all in what you cut and pasted.

*Is Buffyangellvr over there*

yeah I probably should have just posted a link, but LJ makes my brain go all stupid sometimes