Author Topic: Prologue: Origins  (Read 25354 times)

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
Re: Prologue: Origins
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2009, 06:11:17 PM »
"Absolutely," Kasey responds, "But I can't promise I'll stay the whole time. I've been looking for opportunities to go backpacking now that my parents have me under lock and key. If the opportunity arises, I might take off tonight while my parents think I'm here." She grins, then asks Torrence, "You'll cover for me, right?"

Offline Raven

« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2009, 06:37:14 AM »
People could be so cruel to one another, and seeing that display of violence made anger course through her body like an electric wire, her first instinct was to help the boy, but it was all over in a matter of seconds. Running her fingers through her pink and dark colored hair. Avoiding all looks, Autumn carried on walking, trying to ignore what everyone was saying, yet it was hard. The female enjoyed playing racquetball, her brother used to play all the time before his death. "Well if I'm not too late, count me in." The girl replied, easily spotted in the small crowd of students. Hard to miss the shorts, fishnets, one pink and white striped stocking, heavy black boots and a corset top. Bands around her wrists covered scars, hands rested by her sides as she glanced at everyone, thinking this may have been an invite to trouble.

Offline Gumby

• Reginald, Lord of The Abyss.
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to where it all began
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2009, 10:33:10 AM »
Um Seryna? Can i have character who is working with these 'pre-animorphs, but lacks morphing ability. He uses firearms and such to fight the yeerks. Here is a brief profile.

Name: Conner Herons
History: His friend was infested by yeerks, but in a car crash, the yeerk was stuck too long and died. Anyway, he told Conner about the yeerks and the two went underground with a couple of others.
Possesions: A dracon beam, two pistols, an AK-47, a couple knives and a longsword
Appearance: Long brown wavy hair, green eyes, about 5'9
"Now I can't speak for everyone; at least not until 'The Device' is completed."

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline Breekan1

« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2009, 07:10:15 PM »
Sandra is quick to arrive, having stayed after school with a few friends from the drama department. She has red frizzy hair and black glasses, and wears a tattered denim jacket. She and Reece hug as she arrives. "Dennis and Danni have a date tonight, and Skeebo's got a gig, but I'm here!"

"What makes you think I wanted to see you?" Reece asks, receiving a kick in the shin. He and Sandra make their way over to the lock-in sign up sheet, waving at Greg and Branden as they head inside.

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2009, 07:23:10 PM »
Without waiting for a response to her first question, Kasey elbows Torrence and sneers, "Who is that?" and gestures rather unsubtly towards Autmn.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 08:36:10 PM by Shalner(Jess) »

Offline Seryna

• Roleplay central
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2009, 07:52:04 PM »

As Kasey directs her attentions towards Autumn, Torence turned to see what had caught Kasey's attentions.
"Sweet," She remarked as the other girl stated her interest.  "Be kind of stupid to play against ourselves, right?"  Torence turned to Kasey.

Realizing that 'Reece' as Greg had referred to him was joined by a friend and that both of them were heading inside, she offered.
"Maybe we should hurry."

She starts to walk towards the building, slowing to talk to Kasey in lowered tones. "Well, its called a lock in, Kass. I think that may mean that they lock us in, unless I got the definition of Lock in wrong."

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2009, 09:02:17 PM »
Kasey rolls her eyes, and begins to head towards the sign-up sheet for the lock-in. "I know that Torrence...but it doesn't mean I can't escape through a window...or that I can't get sick in the middle of the night." She grins.

Offline FuBar

• Narcoleptic Insomniac. Agoraphobic Claustrophobe.
    • RolePlay Central (RPC)
Alice
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2009, 09:36:03 PM »
Alice:

As I passed out through the school gates, I noticed a big sign that told of the upcoming Sharing event. I stopped short in my tracks and re-read the sign: Two terms jumped out at me that sent alarm-bells ringing: "lock-in" and "pool", in conjunction with "the Sharing" could NOT be a good thing. I immediately started looking around to see who was heading into the establishment, and I cranked up my Chee sensors too. What I noticed straight-away was that they had a sign-up sheet, so I headed over to get a closer look at who had signed up. I tried to look as casual as I could, but a funny thing happens when your hologram becomes your long-term identity: Your true emotions start to show automatically on your hologram. I had to actually make effort to suppress my true emotions and force my holographic face to show false ones instead.
__
Fu

Offline Seryna

• Roleplay central
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2009, 10:31:12 PM »

Torrence flushed when she realized what Kasey meant, embarrassed to have missed the intention. "Oh. Sure, Kasey.  I could do that for you. "

She turned her head as they approached the doors.
"Who else do you think is going to be here? "

GM

As Reece, Alice and the others moved to the sign in sheet, there was a long list of names, easily numbering around forty students.  There were a few well known folks- the class clown, the athletic shoe in for student body president- but also a few unfamiliar names. Likely the quiet, reserved ones so easily missed in class.
Sitting beside the sign in sheet was a sign up sheet for reserving athletic activities, such as Racquetball courts.  The courts were all reserved until about 6 PM.

When the last person had a chance to sign in, Greg hurried up, looking harried.
"Jessie!" He asked the woman at the desk. "Are Lucas and Jasmine here, yet?"
"No, Greg." The woman, a brunette with a furious fuchsia top, replied apologetically. "Lucas called to say they're running late- probably won't get here for at least half an hour."

"Damn." Greg said, deflated. "We really need those projectors moved- hey,"  He turns and looks the group over.
"Could you help?  It would probably take two of you just a few minutes to get it set up."

As he spoke, Alice's sensors suddenly reported an anomaly- the specific Earth technology anomaly.  Somewhere on Greg's body, he had secreted otherworldly technology.

Offline FuBar

• Narcoleptic Insomniac. Agoraphobic Claustrophobe.
    • RolePlay Central (RPC)
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2009, 11:01:08 PM »
Alice:

As I'd expected, my short-range sensors picked up a Yeerk power-signature coming from somewhere in Greg's direction. It was likely he was carrying Yeerk technology, probably a Dracon-beam weapon, but not necessarily - Other Yeerk devices used the same power-pack. Yeerks don't do double-A batteries; Way too primitive.

I made a mental note that Greg was most-likely a 'full member' in the Sharing: A Human-controller.

I scanned the list of names on the sign-up sheets - Bad news: Some of my best friends were already on the list! Eddie's name wasn't there, obviously, but I knew if I signed it his signature would soon follow. - He didn't do social-gathering type stuff normally, but he did like to follow me places that might give him a chance to approach and maybe even speak to me... Even though he'd never got up the nerve to even say 'hello' yet. I thought it was pretty cute of him to be nervous of little-old-me.
__
Fu

Offline Raven

« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2009, 12:48:29 AM »
The tone of voice was hardly missed, Autumn just stared at the other girl. "Names Autumn, not that you need to know that." Autumn growled, hands curled into fists before striding forwards. This was one reason why she didn't hang around other people, even though people expected her too. Autumn didn't get along with people much, that was obvious. "Sure, nothing else to do, apart from get sneery at one another." She told Greg with a half glance to Kasey. There was dislike in her eyes at the other girls attitude, but that could easily change into hatred, or a friendship like, depending on the circumstances.

Offline Damien

• Natural law is overrated
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2009, 05:17:27 AM »
Damien sighed standing at the far wall. He had already signed up, but he was wondering if it was a good idea or not. A lock in didn't sound to fun, to restricted, and he had the feeling that something bad was going on, just a feeling. Damien reached into his pocket and flipped open his phone, great he had a missed call.... when did that happen, he had his phone on vibrate all day. It was his mom, great, what was the problem... she never called him. Lazily he dialed in her number instead of hitting call back.

"Hello?" answered a profession sounding women.

"Hey mom, its me,"Damien replied,"whats the matter?"

"Oh Damien,"she sounded relieved,"I was just calling you to see if you signed up for the lock in at the sharing, I will be there with your dad and sister tonight, I was hoping for a family night out!"

Damien sighed, of course..."I already signed up,"he said,"I'm not sure if a lock in is the best idea for a-"

His mom cut him off,"Good, we'll see you in a little bit!" with that she hung up, a strange tone was in her voice... like she was suppressing a laugh. Nothing got by Damien with behavior, he studied it. Like he could tell if when someone was smiling if it was fake or not. And his mom's voice just sounded....false...
That'sssss a very nice possssst you have there... It'd be a sssshame if something happened to it...

If you get the reference above you will get a cookie, an imaginary cookie, but a cookie none-the-less!

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2009, 06:35:46 AM »
Kasey turns her back and snickers at Autumn's reaction. She walks over to the sign-up sheet, and jots her name down. While she waits for Torrence to do the same, she pulls out her phone, typing a quick text message to her mom.To no one in particular she asks, "She can't argue with this, can she? I'm somewhere safe, not crawling around in the woods like a savage...well, at least, as far as she knows."

Offline Brad the Brit

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Cuz Im British.
« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2009, 10:59:11 AM »
Brit quietly listened to Autumn and Kasey as they exchanged a few sharp words. He always stayed neutral in this kind of situation, it was the best way. But he couldn’t help feeling a prang of sorrow for Autumn. During his nurse training he had seen Autumn on the ward and knew a little of her history. Not that he would ever tell anyone, he was bound by hospital confidentiality and his own sense of loyalty. He could also tell Autumn probably wouldn’t appreciate the sentiment.

He sighed and ran a hand through his hair making it even messier. This sort of thing was complicated and best avoided. He pulled his fountain pen from his pocket and signed his name under Kasey’s. He walked off leaving the girls to chat and dug his phone out of his jean pocket. He stared at it for a second before putting it back. He didn’t need to call his father. The old man would probably not even notice he wasn’t at home.

Brit stuck his hands back into his jacket pockets and walked down the corridor. Thinking of the grassy hills of England and realising how much he missed the rain.

Offline Breekan1

« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2009, 11:11:18 AM »
Reece raises his eyebrows as Autumn and Kasey exchange heated words. He turns to Sandra. "So, wanna check out the pool?" Sandra narrows her eyes, lets go of Reece's arm and approaches Autumn.

"Hey," she says. "I'm Sandra. Need a hand with that thing?"

Reece scratches the back of his head and steps back a bit from where he was standing. He strikes a casual pose and scans the crowd.