Author Topic: Prologue: Origins  (Read 25312 times)

Offline Seryna

• Roleplay central
Prologue: Origins
« on: March 22, 2009, 10:51:20 PM »
Hello, thanks for reading.  This may be a bit more indepth than the average RP, but no more hard. I hope you take a minute to read it and give a critique if you don't like it- or if you do, perhaps you'd like to join.

I've often thought of creating an Animorphs RP from 'before' Jake, Cassie, Tobias, Marco, Rachel and Ax.  The reason that no one was told about this group was simple- they failed. They were the ones that couldn't hold it together, the ones who didn't save the world - the ones who the Ellimist used as a platform for who he *didn't* want to choose in the last effort to save humanity.

Yet who were these people? Did they fail because they couldn't adapt? Perhaps because they couldn't make sacrifices or because they made too many? 

If you'd like to work together to craft a few original characters, we can determine how they stumbled and where their path veered off the beaten track.  Ideally I'd like to write this as a fanfiction or we could RP/write the fanfiction together.

*updated with characters*
Bio for the characters:
Name:
Appearance: (Anything one can tell from walking up to your character- hair color, height and so on).
History/Information

Player: Fubar
Name: Alice Rex
Appearance: Alice's hologram has shoulder-length straight light-brown/dark-blond hair, stands 5'5" tall, has hazel eyes, and dresses in a plain-jane style so-as to not draw too much attention to herself. She wears glasses, but they are not ugly. If given a serious style-makeover, Alice would look quite pretty, but as she is most boys don't pay her a second glance.
History/Information: Alice is a Chee with a slight malfunction in her programming that allowes her to do a limited number of things that Chee normally cannot do. She has been aware for some time now that a boy called Eddie keeps looking at her, and has her suspicions why that might be.

Player:BRAD the BRIT
Name: Brit Walsall

Appearance: Short with blond hair that always seems to stick up at odd angles. He is built stocky and has dark blue eyes, that makes him look board all the time.

History/Information: Born in England but Moved over to America when his dad got offered a job. He is currently training to be a nurse and already has numerous first aid qualifications. He hardly ever see his dad (who works at the local hospital as head surgeon) , and spends most of his time with friends or studying. He is immensely loyal to his friends and will do whatever necessary to protect them.   

Player:Damien
Name: Damien Daziel
Appearance: He stands at 5'12" and on the skinny side. He has brown hair about 6" and is brushed to the right to keep it out of his blue eyes. Usually he wears dark colored clothes, usually with blues and blacks to help enforce his fake disguise.
History/Information: On the outside he appears uncaring, calm, collected, sarcastic, and almost bored. However that is just a mental disguise he uses to keep himself from becoming friends with anyone. Once you get past that outer shell he is friendly, caring, basically the opposite of what he wants people to think. He is smart and has a photographic memory, his IQ is rather high (around 160-170) but he keeps to himself most of the time so no-one knows he is highly intelligent, even his parents. He likes to study biology and the solar system, mainly stuff to do with DNA and and the possibility of alien races, he finds these subjects fascinating.

He had just recently moved from a different town. His parents have become busy with work and so on leaving him to do what he wants. Most of the time when his parents are home with his little sister (she is usually at daycare) he likes to play with her and when the rare occurrence of his parents being home before dinner occurences he is spending it with his sister. However without his sister he just wanders aorund town seeming to study the area. He had been enrolled in the school for a month, no-one talks to him except to tease him about his low grades.(since he doesn't bother to do his homework)

Player: Fubar
Name: Eddie Stobart
Appearance: Due to a motorbike accident, Eddie is wheelchair-bound. He has short black hair and is trying to grow a moustache. If he could stand, he'd be about 5'8" tall. He has blue eyes. His arms are overly-muscled, from operating his wheelchair. Conversely, his legs look withered from lack of use - He is paralized and can't move them.
History/Information: Eddie lives alone and hasn't seen his family for over a year. He makes a living programming and webmastering for several companies worldwide, though he still attends school. Academically, school isn't all that important to him any more, but he has his reasons for still going: Chief among them is that Alice Rex goes there. He fancies her and thinks he's in love with her, he just hasn't had the bottle to actually talk to her yet.

Player: Shalner(Jess)
Name: Kasey Romenesko  (prounounced K.C.)
Appearance: 5'10", medium/athletic build, dark brown hair, green eyes, dresses in higher-end clothing (and not by choice)
History: Kasey has lived in (this town) her entire life. Her father has served six consecutive terms on the city council, and is currently running for mayor. Her mom works as the marketing director at The Gardens. She has an older brother who is currently away at college (Duke). She also had a younger sister who was killed in a hit and run accident last year (at the age of six). Because she's the only child left at home, Kasey's parents are incredibly over-protective, and she is often forced to make appearances at campaign events that her father hosts. Kasey herself is primarily in AP courses in school, and has already been slated to follow her brother's educational path (despite her own wishes.) She has an intense interest in hiking and backpacking, and is in the woods at every available opportunity (and from this has good knowledge of how the terrain is layed-out). Her own plans after high school include leaving (home town) the day she turns 18 to backpack through South America.

Player: Seryna
Torrence Woodward
Appearance: Torrence is 5'8'' with short, bobbed dark brown hair.  Deep blue eyes stare out of a fair face with a light sprinkling of freckles. She is of average build and doesn't have a set 'style'- she tends to shop at Anchor Blue and likes to dress in layers.

History/Information
Torrence is in the college prep courses in school, AP Level, although she suspects that unless she can somehow keeps her grades up and land some scholarships,she'll likely be attending community college for computer programming.
She has a younger sister of whom she is protective (and yes,  likely very annoying for her sister.) [If any one wants to play the sister, feel free]

Player: Breekan1
Name: Reece Steel
Description: African-american, with a round, friendly face and the steely build of a swimmer. He keeps his head shaved, and dresses sharply- buttoned shirts, crisp slacks, slick shoes, etc... He's tall, about six feet and two inches. His eyes are bright, vivid green.

Personality: A wise-ass, but charming enough that people don't notice. Is very friendly and fun to be around, and as a result gets away with a bit more than he should. Teachers are more lenient when grading him, and whenever he finds himself in a tough spot he excels at talking his way out of it. He's never gotten so much as a parking ticket, though he's not a very attentive driver.

Story: Captain of the men's swim-team and recently-crowned homecoming king. Can be seen volunteering with local kids, tutoring, coaching little league, etc... Isn't quite sure what he's going to study for college- plans to go to the state University. He's currently seeing a girl named Sandra, whom he has dated for one year. They plan to get married some day, the way kids their age always think they will.

Some time last year, Reece was involved in a hit-and-run accident. He didn't look back. He's spent most of his life since trying not to look back. Uncannily astute observers may have noticed a slight weariness around Reece's eyes in the following months- the sense that he was hiding from something, avoiding it. Unfortunately, Reece's loved ones are not uncannily astute observers. His parents (a very successful dentist (his mother) and a community center drama coach (his father)) are proud as peaches of their "star" son (and only child) while Reece's easy-going nature and pseudo-star status naturally keep him at a distance from his friends. Reece has done everything he's been able to to forget the incident- his greatest fear, other than himself, is that Sandra might somehow find out what happened and be subsequently horrified.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 10:40:44 PM by Seryna »

Offline Gumby

• Reginald, Lord of The Abyss.
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to where it all began
Re: Prologue: Origins
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 10:53:05 PM »
I'm in. Is this a morph capable group, or a shooting group, or what?
"Now I can't speak for everyone; at least not until 'The Device' is completed."

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 10:54:56 PM »
I might be interested. I haven't used a character other than Shalner in years though, so I may be rusty....creature of habit, ya know?

It's a good idea though, I'll be interested to see how it plays out one way or another.

Offline Seryna

• Roleplay central
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 10:56:37 PM »

Morph Capable. I don't want to cheapen the beautiful meeting between the Animorphs and the dying Prince, so we'd have to craft a completely new way for them to gain the power.

I have the idea that they could have come and touched the Escafil *before* the scene at the construction site, or perhaps the Ellimist bent the rules to bring the Escafil to them.

Offline FuBar

• Narcoleptic Insomniac. Agoraphobic Claustrophobe.
    • RolePlay Central (RPC)
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 11:14:02 PM »
*waves" Hi Seryna! Nice surprise to see you popping up on this forum too ;)

As I said over IM, I'm quite interested tho time-constrained among the 8 RPs I'm already in right now. Just lemme in on discussions etc so I can contribute that way at least :)
__
Fu

Offline Seryna

• Roleplay central
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2009, 11:27:47 PM »

Hey, Fu.  Good to see you, glad that I found such an Animorphs haven.

Definitely hoping this has the success of Missions of the Seer & Animorphs: Continuance.

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2009, 11:29:05 PM »
this sounds promising.

oh, and welcome to the forum!
pm me or any of the staff members for assistance with anything. :)

Offline Damien

• Natural law is overrated
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2009, 04:15:49 AM »
Sounds interesting, so it is a alternative group of the animorphs, and they don't get it through elfangor at the construction site... am I right?
That'sssss a very nice possssst you have there... It'd be a sssshame if something happened to it...

If you get the reference above you will get a cookie, an imaginary cookie, but a cookie none-the-less!

Offline Brad the Brit

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Cuz Im British.
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2009, 06:26:40 AM »
if this gets started please count me in

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2009, 07:52:12 PM »
if this gets started please count me in

Ditto. (Especially since my favorite Brit is here. Hahahah.)

Offline Seryna

• Roleplay central
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2009, 09:28:58 PM »

Precisely, they do not get the Morphing Power from Elfangor at the construction site.  After re -reading the info on where Elfangor hid it, I have a few ideas on the 'Origin story' for our story.  If you have an idea you'd like to discuss, put it out here.

Idea One:  Prior to Elfangor's crash and the short cut through the construction site, our group stumbles across it.  It would be a more 'David' like experience, perhaps with a few surprises and shocks along the way.  Someone in the know (I favor the Ellimist, although Fu had an idea as well) comes along to explain the invasion.

Idea Two:  The Ellimist does his creepy butterfly wing trick and takes our characters out of school, showing the grim future of Earth if the Yeerks manage to take the planet.  He offers the Escafil and allows our characters to make a choice.

Idea Three:  Fu had an idea (based on his character, Alice, whom he's played before) that she breaks her silence in order to save her friends (presumptively our characters) from becoming Controllers.
Fu, feel free to jump in and explain it fully, I didn't want to steal your thunder.

Which idea would do you like best?  Do you think any need tweaking?

The second thing to discuss is our characters- who do you want to play?  As soon as we decide what we want to do, we can start our RP.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 09:39:00 PM by Seryna »

Offline FuBar

• Narcoleptic Insomniac. Agoraphobic Claustrophobe.
    • RolePlay Central (RPC)
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2009, 08:15:12 AM »
As I've been invited to 'jump in', here I come:

Wheeeee-SPLASH!!

*ahem*

For those who don't know, and I'm guessing that's everyone whose screenie is not Seryna ( ;) ), Alice is a Chee.

She's actually a Chee with a slight malfunction in her programming that lets her do certain things the other Chee cannot, but these things are quite minor: She still can't kill or injure any living thing, but she could detonate a self-destruct that would be a large and messy explosion - Obviously this can only happen once, and she would die doing it. This is the primary reason the other Chee have not insisted she fix her programming, which she doesn't want to do but could.

I've no immediate intention to use her as a bomb, it's just out there as a "last-stand" scenario, perhaps to blow up the yeerk pool or one of their space-ships.

Anyway, Alice would know of the Yeerk invasion and all the players involved.

My idea was along the lines of Alice's best (human) friend is about to be taken as a controller and she decides to prevent that happening for some reason... Perhaps said friend already knows of the Chee? Or that Alice isn't human? Or just 'cos it's her friend, who knows. Anything believable, really.

So that's how at least one person would learn of the invasion etc, I didn't get around to thinking how Alice might end up with an Escafil... Elfangor never hid one, even when he was on earth the first time around with Loren... What he hid was the Time Matrix.

Perhaps in our AU, when he came to earth he found the chee and entrusted them with his ship and all devices on board when he decided to make the permanent shift to human form... Again, just an idea.

Well, I g2g do something IRL now, otherwise I'd prolly ramble on another few pages of ideas ;)

Have fun discussing in my absence!!
__
Fu

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2009, 08:28:35 PM »
Hm...I like the first and third. I think the third would be the best to be a stand-alone apart from what happened with the cannon characters.

In terms of characters...are we just playing what we want, or do we want to come up with characters as a group, and then decide who's playing what?

Offline Brad the Brit

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Cuz Im British.
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2009, 08:35:34 PM »
i think we should decide are own characters. i already have an idear for mine...
i like senario 1 the best

Offline Seryna

• Roleplay central
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2009, 10:34:40 PM »

Okay, any more votes? I think the fairest way is for every one to decide what they'd like,origin story wise, majority rules.

Lets decide our own characters first and then decide if they know each other before the origin story- ie, friends, siblings and so on.

Bio for the characters:
Name:
Appearance: (Anything one can tell from walking up to your character- hair color, height and so on).
History/Information

My character:
Torrence Woodward
Appearance: Torrence is 5'8'' with short, bobbed dark brown hair.  Deep blue eyes stare out of a fair face with a light sprinkling of freckles. She is of average build and doesn't have a set 'style'- she tends to shop at Anchor Blue and likes to dress in layers.

History/Information
Torrence is in the college prep courses in school, AP Level, although she suspects that unless she can somehow keeps her grades up and land some scholarships,she'll likely be attending community college for computer programming.
She has a younger sister of whom she is protective (and yes,  likely very annoying for her sister.) [If any one wants to play the sister, feel free]