Author Topic: Prologue: Origins  (Read 25310 times)

Offline Breekan1

Re: Prologue: Origins
« Reply #765 on: August 27, 2009, 09:04:54 AM »
"I'm not sure if they're coming; Jas seems pretty dead-set on staying out of as much alien business as possible, and the others are keeping him company." He scratches his chin. "Still, it might be different if they know the Chee are trying to help us out..." He grunts and yanks himself back up to a standing position. He opens the door and begins to head outside. "I'll at least give them the 411, and we'll see what they feel like from there."

He yawns and jogs back towards the others.

Offline Seryna

• Roleplay central
« Reply #766 on: August 27, 2009, 05:15:00 PM »

Torrence frowned at Reece's answer.
"Really? Oh, okay, I guess just us could do it. " She didn't sound very enthusiastic about that prospect.  As Reece headed outside, she strode over to the closed door.  Mustering up her courage, she knocked upon it.

There was no answer.  Feeling a bit indignant about the events of the day- and being ignored, now- she pounded on the door with her fist, raising her voice.
"Hey!  The the ones fighting for the human race want a word with you!"

Outside, Christina heard Torrence's bellowing. "Oh this sounds good," she states as she headed towards the door. "- might get you the power yet, Vincent."

The door opened and the blank faced Chee men and Jethsa stepped out of the room.

"What is the commotion?" The men asked.
"We need to talk to you," Torrence replied, her indignation fueling her boldness. "Don't we?"

She looked to the others for confirmation.

"About what?" The man who was speaking shifted, as though he was annoyed by this whole situation.

Offline FuBar

• Narcoleptic Insomniac. Agoraphobic Claustrophobe.
    • RolePlay Central (RPC)
Eddie, in Chee Safe-house
« Reply #767 on: August 27, 2009, 06:52:41 PM »
I stretched my Andalite arms and swished my tail, practising by seeing just how close I could swing the blade to various objects without cutting anything. I arched my back, too, enjoying the flexibility of Jethsa's upper spine and the easy power in the lower spine. I ran Andalite fingers through my Andalite fur to test its softness: The course fur on the lower body resembled the fur of a shaggy dog, but the much finer fur on the upper body and far half of the tail was more like a cat's fur, gradually getting finer and finer in places like the face and hands like a rabbit or kitten's fur, and finest still on the eye-stalks, so far as I could tell by getting one stalk-eye to look at the other. I didn't dare reach up and touch them while in the company of others, as I already knew they were VERY sensitive to pain and could guess that extended to *ahem* 'other' sensations. Still, by sight it seemed like the fur on them would probably feel like mouse or hamster fur.

While I contempleted imaginary texture, with each stalk-eye looking at the opposite stalk, I was snapped alert by the return of the lady-Andalite herself and the Chee 'goons' when Torrence summoned them. I snapped to attention immediately, to the best of my know-how (and possibly assistance from Andalite memory, though I couldn't be sure which was which), but Jethsa may have noticed my crossed stalk-eyes right as I was un-crossing them...

I figured I'd better say something to her before she had chance to reflect on what I 'might' have been thinking about:
<<Mistress Jethsa,>> I started privately, not yet having an answer from her as to whether it should be 'Prince' or 'Princess', <<Before you get upset at my impertinence remaining in this form, I feel I should justify myself to some degree: In human form, my legs do not work. I could have switched morph, but that'd waste energy and I wouldn't be any better off. Especially if I'd need to switch morph again to go on the rescue-mission... Unless,...>> I switched to open-thoughtspeak;
<Do you Chee-guys happen to have a spare wheelchair hanging around?> I asked them, completely unaware of what the others had been discussing and possibly interrupting someone else speaking to them.

After a few seconds I stepped back and bowed my head in apology.
<Forgive me, I did not mean to interrupt.>
After I spoke, I stayed still. Waiting for a cue that might not come: A response to anything I'd said. If I got such a cue, I could then raise my head back up and stand at attention again to await orders from my Prince... Or to demorph, if a wheelchair materialized.

However long it took to get such a cue, I would be stood still and silent in that position.
__
Fu

Offline Breekan1

« Reply #768 on: August 27, 2009, 08:39:16 PM »
Reece jerks his thumb back to the house as he closes in on the group meeting outside. "They've got something for us, Torrence says. I reckon if we want to be heard, now might be a good chance."

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #769 on: August 28, 2009, 01:38:16 AM »
Jas listens to Christina speak of flying and thought maybe it might be a bit like a roller-coaster...exhileration and excitement.  "Sounds interesting...maybe even better than getting smashed."  Jas flashes his teeth good-naturedly to show he was joking.

He looks to Kasey as she speaks, his eyes flickering over to the other girl for a moment before returning to Kasey.  "Well, you guys apparently have some friends stuck out in the forest  behind some sort of Yeerk quarantine and I think the consensus is that rescue is in order..."

Jas looks up as Reece returns.  "Well, I'll be damned...the big, powerful aliens want to speak with the peons.  Maybe I should find an ant and morph it to suit their attitudes."  Jas stands up, looking back toward the house.  "I guess I'll come back then, but so help me if they start bickering about some sort of inconsequential crap again I'm gone.  I'll run to a bar if I have to."
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Breekan1

« Reply #770 on: August 28, 2009, 11:45:08 AM »
Reece grins. "Sounds good." He begins to head back to the Chee compound.

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #771 on: August 28, 2009, 02:19:09 PM »
Jas looks around at Vince and the girls.  "So are we all going in then?"
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 02:37:33 AM by Ossanlin »

RAF Silverblade

Offline SigardTormel

« Reply #772 on: August 29, 2009, 01:40:47 AM »
Vincent nodded to the two newcomers saying "It is nice to meet you.  I'm really new to this so forgive me if I forget your names at first.  Well at least get them a bit wrong... I'm normally close at least."

Turning to Christina Vincent said "Yeah I'll try and since Reece just said the aliens want to speak to us I guess it can't hurt to try.  So lets go see what they want then kick some butt to save your friends.  Sound good?"

Offline Seryna

• Roleplay central
« Reply #773 on: August 29, 2009, 04:26:44 AM »
"I'm down with that." Christina agreed.  She fell in with the boys as they proceeded inside.

"I don't really like your tone." Torrence was informing the Chee man. "We're not just hanging out here for fun, we have things to do first. But first, Vincent needs to have the Power."

She gave a confirming glance to Vincent, hoping for some back up.

<Yes, Vincent was instrumental to me when I was injured.>
Jethsa replied. <I certainly believe he is worthy.> The alien stepped forward with the box, walking towards Vincent.

The Chee men gave each other dour looks.  In the back ground, Jenny glanced at the teenagers and Jas and frowned for a split second, before her face returned to its placid expression.

Offline SigardTormel

Vincent in Jenny's house....
« Reply #774 on: August 31, 2009, 11:18:08 PM »
Vincent stepped towards Jethsa seeming more at ease then he actually felt.  There were butterflies the size of St. Bernards flapping around in his stomach.  OH GOD!  Am I really getting myself into this?  Am I really signing up for a war?  I mean yeah it is the human race I'm going to be saving but....  Jesus! Why did I think I could do this?  What insane notion made this cross my mind?  If I ever realize or remember which I am sssooo going to make sure I never think it again.  O-o-ok, settle down Vincent.  It doesn't seem as if they have lost anyone in this war so maybe they are actually better at this then they seem.  Or maybe they are just lucky as hell!  Whoa ok concentrate on what you are doing now...

He just stood there wondering what he needed to do for several seconds before asking awkwardly "O-ok so, uh, what do I do?  I mean how does this work?"

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #775 on: September 02, 2009, 10:23:49 AM »
Jas watches passively, taking up his spot leaning against the wall next to the door.  Vincent was approaching the device nervously.  Well, he'd been just a little freaked out when he found an alien crash-landed in the green-belt who gave him super-powers to get that device in the first place, so he figured Vince had reason.  He didn't say anything as he figured no one would listen and Jethsa could certainly explain the process bettr in any case.

RAF Silverblade