Author Topic: Prologue: Origins  (Read 25311 times)

Offline Brad the Brit

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Cuz Im British.
Re: Prologue: Origins
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2009, 10:50:00 AM »
((ok here's my character for when this gets started))

Name: Brit Walsall

Appearance: Short with blond hair that always seems to stick up at odd angles. He is built stocky and has dark blue eyes, that makes him look board all the time.

History/Information: Born in England but Moved over to America when his dad got offered a job. He is currently training to be a nurse and already has numerous first aid qualifications. He hardly ever see his dad (who works at the local hospital as head surgeon) , and spends most of his time with friends or studying. He is immensely loyal to his friends and will do whatever necessary to protect them.   

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2009, 09:45:42 AM »
Name: Kasey Romenesko  (prounounced K.C.)
Appearance: 5'10", medium/athletic build, dark brown hair, green eyes, dresses in higher-end clothing (and not by choice)
History: Kasey has lived in (this town) her entire life. Her father has served six consecutive terms on the city council, and is currently running for mayor. Her mom works as the marketing director at The Gardens. She has an older brother who is currently away at college (Duke). She also had a younger sister who was killed in a car accident last year (at the age of six). Because she's the only child left at home, Kasey's parents are incredibly over-protective, and she is often forced to make appearances at campaign events that her father hosts. Kasey herself is primarily in AP courses in school, and has already been slated to follow her brother's educational path (despite her own wishes.) She has an intense interest in hiking and backpacking, and is in the woods at every available opportunity (and from this has good knowledge of how the terrain is layed-out). Her own plans after high school include leaving (home town) the day she turns 18 to backpack through South America.

((Hope this is okay...she could probably pretty easily be friends with Torrence?))

Offline FuBar

• Narcoleptic Insomniac. Agoraphobic Claustrophobe.
    • RolePlay Central (RPC)
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2009, 10:28:29 AM »
Hey Seryna; Is this RP going to be hosted here on RAF as well as on RPC?

Name: Alice Rex
Appearance: Alice's hologram has shoulder-length straight light-brown/dark-blond hair, stands 5'5" tall, has hazel eyes, and dresses in a plain-jane style so-as to not draw too much attention to herself. She wears glasses, but they are not ugly. If given a serious style-makeover, Alice would look quite pretty, but as she is most boys don't pay her a second glance.
History/Information: Alice is a Chee with a slight malfunction in her programming that allowes her to do a limited number of things that Chee normally cannot do. She has been aware for some time now that a boy called Eddie keeps looking at her, and has her suspicions why that might be.

Name: Eddie Stobart
Appearance: Due to a motorbike accident, Eddie is wheelchair-bound. He has short black hair and is trying to grow a moustache. If he could stand, he'd be about 5'8" tall. He has blue eyes. His arms are overly-muscled, from operating his wheelchair. Conversely, his legs look withered from lack of use - He is paralized and can't move them.
History/Information: Eddie lives alone and hasn't seen his family for over a year. He makes a living programming and webmastering for several companies worldwide, though he still attends school. Academically, school isn't all that important to him any more, but he has his reasons for still going: Chief among them is that Alice Rex goes there. He fancies her and thinks he's in love with her, he just hasn't had the bottle to actually talk to her yet.
__
Fu

Offline Seryna

• Roleplay central
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2009, 03:22:57 PM »

Wow, nice spread of characters.  This is going to be spectacular.
I think Kasey & Torrence would get along well, especially as they're likely in AP classes together. Let us make them friends. :)
I am intrigued that we have someone from another country and a handicapped person- perhaps this will make us a bit more versatile or above suspicion.  Does any one else want to have their characters be friends with or related to other characters?

Hm, I don't know Fu, I thought I'd ask people what they'd want to do. What Fu is mentioning is another site [Roleplay Central, a link in Fu's sig] where we use a whole board for Animorphs RP. That way we have an ooc for questions and such. There are a few people on RPC who would like to write with us.
We certainly don't need to write there and I'm more than happy to write here.
What would you like to do?

Offline Brad the Brit

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Cuz Im British.
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2009, 06:44:23 PM »
here cuz we are RAFians first and formost ;D

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2009, 10:04:56 PM »
If we could do it here I'd be more on top of it. Checking another forum might be a bit much for me right now, I'd probably lose track of what we're doing...things are hectic for me IRL.

Offline FuBar

• RolePlay Central (RPC)
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2009, 04:22:14 AM »
RPC is a Proboards forum, and keeping track of a topic is as easy as pie... Is pie easy, btw? Does the phrase mean eating pie or making pie or cooking pie? I was never sure...

RPC members can set topic-bookmarks, then set email-notification of these topic-bookmarks, so they never have to regularly load RPC just to check on a thread that may not have been updated yet. Set up in this way, like I have it myself, u get an email anytime there's something new in (one of) your topic(s) that you haven't yet read. The email has a direct-link to the thread in question, which will work directly if your browser is set up to remember your RPC login/password info, or you can login manually each time if you prefer (for some weird reason, no doubt).

As the Meerkat says: "Simples!"

But ya, I'm thinking we're likely to be hosting here on RAF, possibly also on RPC, tho that will be optional.

As for myself, I load RPC properly only once a fortnight, and that's because I do mod-duties in certain areas. Other than that, I only load threads when I get an email telling me they have been updated, and I do so from the link provided, so I rarely load the homepage. :p
__
Fu

Offline Seryna

• Roleplay central
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2009, 03:12:44 PM »

Hehe, thanks for the explain, Moddie Fu. I don't want to smack people over the head with RPC.

Okay, so we are starting here! I'll update the first post with our accepted characetrs (and tell the RPCers to head over here with their characters).  All we need is a tie breaker vote on option #1 or option #3 on our Origin story, so if you haven't weighed in, go ahead and do so.

If you'd like to play, please get your character up as well- I'd like to start this tomorrow!

Offline Damien

• Natural law is overrated
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2009, 04:07:23 PM »
(Sorry I"m so late)

Name: Damien Daziel
Appearance: He stands at 5'12" and on the skinny side. He has brown hair about 6" and is brushed to the right to keep it out of his blue eyes. Usually he wears dark colored clothes, usually with blues and blacks to help enforce his fake disguise.
History/Information: On the outside he appears uncaring, calm, collected, sarcastic, and almost bored. However that is just a mental disguise he uses to keep himself from becoming friends with anyone. Once you get past that outer shell he is friendly, caring, basically the opposite of what he wants people to think. He is smart and has a photographic memory, his IQ is rather high (around 160-170) but he keeps to himself most of the time so no-one knows he is highly intelligent, even his parents. He likes to study biology and the solar system, mainly stuff to do with DNA and and the possibility of alien races, he finds these subjects fascinating.

He had just recently moved from a different town. His parents have become busy with work and so on leaving him to do what he wants. Most of the time when his parents are home with his little sister (she is usually at daycare) he likes to play with her and when the rare occurrence of his parents being home before dinner occurences he is spending it with his sister. However without his sister he just wanders aorund town seeming to study the area. He had been enrolled in the school for a month, no-one talks to him except to tease him about his low grades.(since he doesn't bother to do his homework)
That'sssss a very nice possssst you have there... It'd be a sssshame if something happened to it...

If you get the reference above you will get a cookie, an imaginary cookie, but a cookie none-the-less!

Offline Seryna

• Roleplay central
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2009, 04:37:26 PM »
(Sorry I"m so late)

Name: Damien Daziel
Appearance: He stands at 5'12" and on the skinny side. He has brown hair about 6" and is brushed to the right to keep it out of his blue eyes. Usually he wears dark colored clothes, usually with blues and blacks to help enforce his fake disguise.
History/Information: On the outside he appears uncaring, calm, collected, sarcastic, and almost bored. However that is just a mental disguise he uses to keep himself from becoming friends with anyone. Once you get past that outer shell he is friendly, caring, basically the opposite of what he wants people to think. He is smart and has a photographic memory, his IQ is rather high (around 160-170) but he keeps to himself most of the time so no-one knows he is highly intelligent, even his parents. He likes to study biology and the solar system, mainly stuff to do with DNA and and the possibility of alien races, he finds these subjects fascinating.

He had just recently moved from a different town. His parents have become busy with work and so on leaving him to do what he wants. Most of the time when his parents are home with his little sister (she is usually at daycare) he likes to play with her and when the rare occurrence of his parents being home before dinner occurences he is spending it with his sister. However without his sister he just wanders aorund town seeming to study the area. He had been enrolled in the school for a month, no-one talks to him except to tease him about his low grades.(since he doesn't bother to do his homework)

Awesome, added Damien to the cast list.  Care to be our tie breaker choose which option you like best for how we become Animorphs.

Idea One:  Prior to Elfangor's crash and the short cut through the construction site, our group stumbles across it.  It would be a more 'David' like experience, perhaps with a few surprises and shocks along the way.  Someone in the know (I favor the Ellimist, although Fu had an idea as well) comes along to explain the invasion.

Idea Three:  Fu had an idea (based on his character, Alice, whom he's played before) that she breaks her silence in order to save her friends (presumptively our characters) from becoming Controllers.
Fu, feel free to jump in and explain it fully, I didn't want to steal your thunder.

Offline FuBar

• RolePlay Central (RPC)
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2009, 06:39:54 PM »
Yo Damien dude, just wanted to point out that being 5'12" tall is actually exactly the same as being 6' tall. You know, what with there being 12 inches in 1 foot and all. :) Don't worry, we can pretend you wrote it like that deliberately as a gimic if you like ;)

Has my vote already been counted, Seryna? As I don't recall actually voting...

There is my full Chee idea as described by me earlier in this thread, which I kinda like best, or similar to idea-one where the group or an individual stumble(s) on an Escafil device accidentally somehow and share knowledge of its existance with a few trusted friends (the group) being incredibly lucky avoiding controller-interest, then when Alice becomes aware of it (assuming prior chee/elfangor encounter where info about the tech is explained) she gives the shpiel about how it's used and its restrictions and the whole war thing etc. At the very least, the group can learn all about the war from the Chee as they already know all about it in Cannon. Whether Alice reveals herself as a Chee could be optional in the case of some of these ideas. As a Chee, she could pretend to be anyone after-all, even an Andalite.

I'm do not like the Ellimist being involved in any RP, really. I've seen too many of them using him and sometimes, because of that, things stray too far off-cannon for my liking. Or he gets used as a plot-monkey, popping in every-so-often with little regard for the Ellimist/Crayak 'game' rules. I'm not saying that would happen, especially not with you in charge Seryna ;) , but it's just been overdone for my liking.

Another way is to copy the Elfangor thing to some extent. Doesn't have to be him, and so long as that Andalite dies there wouldn't be any further plot-contamination from the event. All pertinent info is transferred like it was in Cannon... Or perhaps there isn't time to impart all necessary details, just the 2-hour rule, how to morph, who the enemy is... Just the essentials so they don't die or get stuck in morph accidentally too quickly. - Be a short RP else!

Mind if I request 'no Ellimist interference' in this RP? (Including 'no returning morph-powers to Nothlits'. This has also been over-done. - If you're going to allow Nothlits with returned morphing powers, I call shotgun (or 'dibs', depending on the local lingo) to have one of these myself. ;) )

Another idea: Some or all of the group investigate a crashed Andalite ship, only there are no survivors. They find an Escafil device inside with a written note attached:

"To whoever finds this device: Whatever you do, do NOT let the Yeerks get this device! - If they do, it will not only mean the end for your planet, but for mine too. And many others. I've attached details on how to use this device, and information you need to know about the war with the Yeerks. There are also details on how best to destroy this device, in case Yeerk posession can no-longer be avoided any other way.
Yeerks will already be on their way to destroy all evidence of this crash. By this point there have been so many of these cover-ups that they no-longer bother to check inside beforehand. I hope you are not a Yeerk... If you are, well: Congratulations on your promotion to Visser One, I guess..."

Or something along those lines.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 07:05:44 PM by FuBar »
__
Fu

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2009, 07:56:46 PM »

There is my full Chee idea as described by me earlier in this thread, which I kinda like best, or similar to idea-one where the group or an individual stumble(s) on an Escafil device accidentally somehow and share knowledge of its existance with a few trusted friends (the group) being incredibly lucky avoiding controller-interest, then when Alice becomes aware of it (assuming prior chee/elfangor encounter where info about the tech is explained) she gives the shpiel about how it's used and its restrictions and the whole war thing etc. At the very least, the group can learn all about the war from the Chee as they already know all about it in Cannon. Whether Alice reveals herself as a Chee could be optional in the case of some of these ideas. As a Chee, she could pretend to be anyone after-all, even an Andalite.

Or something along those lines.

I vote this one, actually. I like this idea... We'd have to figure out how all of the characters are going to be connected in order to have them all exposed to the Escafil device...

Right now, Kasey and Torrence are, Alice and Eddie are. We need Brit and Damien involved...maybe Damien and Kasey could be neighbors, or something? Hm...Brit and Eddie are cousins? (throwing out random ideas...)

Offline Brad the Brit

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Cuz Im British.
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2009, 08:00:53 PM »
Brit could be just friends with one or to of the other characters. that way i avoid complicated family subplots

Offline FuBar

• RolePlay Central (RPC)
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2009, 08:12:22 PM »
Or how about they know about each other online? or some of them do...

Did hav an eBay related idea, but that would bring Yeerk heat down on them too quickly. They don't all need to find it together, if they trust each other.
__
Fu

Offline Seryna

• Roleplay central
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2009, 08:17:58 PM »

I agree, the Ellimist is not a piece of furniture to be dragged out when useful.  Nothlits are nothlits.  One thing is we don't have a Andalite handy for tracking time, but we do have Alice.  Heck, maybe our group can craft a watch to a few light weight harnesses for various morphs.
You know, its not a bad idea to know each other online- maybe they play Left 4 dead online together or both are on a forum together *G*

There's our tie breaker for Alice setting us on our course. Is every one okay with that? Ready to begin?