Author Topic: The Galactic War: Rogue Element OOC  (Read 95376 times)

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
Re: The Galactic War: Rogue Element OOC
« Reply #570 on: June 11, 2013, 03:16:35 PM »
PM Away!   ;D

And Alic is Patty's character.  I tried to entice her to join, but she doesn't really want to.  Oh well, Ossanlin will just have to be lonely and love-lorn.   :P
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 05:50:28 PM by Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin) »
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #571 on: June 11, 2013, 08:28:09 PM »
That's a shame. I wonder what she would think of Efaen, and if she'd be able to help Efaen become a true Andalite again.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #572 on: June 12, 2013, 11:21:58 PM »
Alrighty, couple major details to work out, and I managed to read the entire thread to date (you guys rock), but I think I can Agent Smith one of the NPC Andalites tomorrow, probably. Also, I will volunteer to punch Patty right in her awesome until she joins.

Also also, when did Serid become a real boy? I mean... Andalite?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 11:41:16 PM by Aluminator »

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #573 on: June 12, 2013, 11:48:59 PM »
Lol.  You're welcome to try Patty if you want, but I don't want to strong-arm her into it.  Not that anyone could strong-arm Patty.  Just, you know.  :P

As for Serid, Marie and I chatted about him before we started the RP and also during the beginning sequence, and we agreed that Ossanlin returned him to his true genetic form between the events of the bar and the attack on the Rebels perpetrated by Sector Seven's machinations.  For the purposes of the RP, I've toned down Ossanlin's abilities a LOT.  He still has some empathic and extra-sensory abilities (sort of like an untrained force-sensitive), but he's no longer able to ascend to Silver-Blade form.  Or perhaps he chooses not to, deeming the price, the risk, or both, to be too great.  But basically, I didn't want Ossanlin to be able to pull miracles out of thin air, because quite frankly, that's no fun.  :P  Kelly also agreed that Kes and Joanne's "static shock" abilities are too risky to use...and depending upon what happens with them in the future, they might possibly end up trading those abilities for a clean bill of health...but that all remains to be seen.

RAF Silverblade

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #574 on: June 13, 2013, 12:32:56 AM »
In this universe, an extremely plausible turn of events is to have them create a nothlit human form. Their abilities might have been useful on occasion, but the conceit in Rogue Element is that they are now too sick to even try it. In a way, their condition has become a running implication/joke about my improving skill as a writer.

Myitt sees their abilities at the peak of their health, when I first meet Tara in the early young stupid teenage years. When we come to the Bar and Mar and I try our hand at multi-player Roleplay, they're starting to get sick enough that using that power does more than just wear them out. By the time Rogue Element comes around, our skill level and the dictates of the universe demand that they're actually sickly by this point.

As for Ossanlin, since it's more or less indicated by the characters that everything in the Bar and the extra-board Roleplays actually happened....that means he really was that absurdly powerful. There are two possible explanations then for the power loss:

(1). Ossanlin's decided, as you mentioned, that using his powers is too crazy and risky after the last couple rounds.
(2). He is only that powerful in the Galaxy's Edge Space Bar. In the Bar, space and time were so ridiculously broken that a shard of the Devil, a being without a body, could manifest in a nearly human, physical form. Myitt's bizarre Mar-escapades are otherwise implied to happen either only in her mind or in a temporary reality distortion. Basically, it could be that the place allows Ossanlin access to a great deal more power than he actually has, of multiple or differing Ossanlins.

....love theories like this. ;)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #575 on: June 13, 2013, 12:39:05 AM »
Hadn't thought about that, you two.  That's certainly a possibility as well.  Leave it to you guys to postulate about the logic of "magic."   ;)

RAF Silverblade

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #576 on: June 13, 2013, 12:59:09 AM »
We pretty much do random magic theorizing "for a living." Well, you know----when we aren't doing legal research. :P

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #577 on: June 13, 2013, 03:10:46 PM »
Haha. I don't think "strong-arming" is a thing I do, unless it's possible to do that by being too cute.

Kelly, I actually really like the idea that the magic stuff is amplified at the GESB. It makes a lot of sense, considering the crazy-as-balls stuff that happens there, and could lead to some fun stuff here. I'm assuming that, if that's the case, Ossanlin will have tried to use his silver-bladeyness at some point and realized it doesn't really work. That would allow him to remember using plot-altering null-time spheres to remove bad characters, but keep him grounded in reality here without having to make excuses or shoehorn in plot-devices. I think that should be our official explanation.

Anyway, I've got a post up, a (probably infuriating) character laid out, and Luke should have my character sheet up before long. Let's do this!

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #578 on: June 13, 2013, 04:34:17 PM »
This leads to a somewhat amusing mental image of GESB Mar floating behind Ossanlin timidly and sort of hoping his whole venture works out and keeps his "paladin" friend alive. But being unable to really interfere or do anything, or even make it so Ossanlin can see him. I shall post now, and then get to working. <3

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #579 on: June 13, 2013, 04:53:07 PM »
I get kind of an amusing image of Claxter asking Joanne or Aya how to speak to women.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #580 on: June 13, 2013, 04:57:07 PM »
Asking Joanne would end badly. So, so badly. *Imagines Joanne whispering the "Sitting in a tree" song. XD

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #581 on: June 13, 2013, 05:09:55 PM »
But Andalites don't sit. Much less in trees. That brings more questions than answers. Girlfriend? Sure I would like her to be my girl friend. Though I don't usually differentiate between my male and female friends that way.

Ani-Master 2014!

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #582 on: June 13, 2013, 06:14:14 PM »
Scott, you probably haven't had a chance/reason to look through the OOC thread, but there's actually a sort of design drawing I did of the Tyrennian.  It's not the same traditional shape as the canon Dome Ship.  The floor of the dome actually exists on the same plane as the regular ship corridors.

The walls of the Tyrennian's dome are also filled with holograms during the day that simulate the plains-land of the Homeworld.  Just a couple quick quips...I'll try to find the useful pages with my attempts at pictures and link them into this post.

RAF Silverblade

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 07:15:09 PM by Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin) »

RAF Silverblade

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #584 on: June 13, 2013, 08:39:58 PM »
Also, welcome Scott (Aluminator/Lumy) to the Rogue Element officially!  :)

RAF Silverblade