Author Topic: The Galactic War: Rogue Element OOC  (Read 94953 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: The Galactic War: Rogue Element OOC
« Reply #285 on: January 28, 2013, 09:51:57 AM »
Welcome Steph. Nice to have you.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #286 on: January 28, 2013, 04:01:59 PM »
Awesome! Welcome to the game, Steph!

Myitt and Terenia, Ossanlin suggested to us that if our Rebel characters are approved, we'll need to get in touch with you guys about the chronology of his involvement with the Rebellion. If it works better for the existing canon, then it's no skin off our back to have them be absolute Rebellion newbies / recent acquisitions with no developed personal attachments to anybody in the Rebellion itself yet. Of course, this will obviously still depend on the verdict regarding our characters' existence in the first place, so we'll await that word before hunting more detailed information.
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #287 on: January 28, 2013, 05:00:26 PM »
Just got your character sheet, Este. Tara and I are going to look it over, but at a glance it definitely seems like a useful character. I would like to talk with you at some point about how your character would be involved with some of ours that haven't yet appeared in the rp (and may or may not, depending on how things go). There are some people I definitely think your character would know/associate with based on his background, even if his time at the rebellion was relatively short prior to the attacks.

I'm going to talk with Tara and we'll PM you in the next few days. I'm also on gchat if you want to talk live. :)

To everyone: sorry for the posting delay. I had to work both Friday night and Saturday this past weekend and on Sunday I was effectively dead. Working on getting back into the swing of things, but this is a really busy time of year for me. Please be patient. :)

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #288 on: January 28, 2013, 05:55:55 PM »
Thanks for the chat, Terenia; it was really helpful for establishing a potential place for Soren and Maliss in the game's chronology!
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #289 on: January 30, 2013, 10:44:06 PM »
Chapter 2 now live!  :)  Marie, you can start posting reaction for Serid aboard the Tyrennian should you so desire, or you can wait until the Mirage is onboard if you want, it's up to you.

Alright guys, a new chapter!  I'm going to give everyone a chance to post a reaction to the events of the chapter shift before I move the RP onto the Tyrennian.  We're still working on information and details regarding the rebellion, so the launch of the Rebel history thread will be delayed a bit, but as soon as Myitt and Terenia have a chance to compile the relevant data and get it to me, and I have a chance to read through it, we'll launch that thread for the incoming rebel characters.

:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #290 on: January 30, 2013, 11:42:44 PM »
Sorry for the delay guys, it's been a crazy week (and it's not over yet! x____x)...plus this weekend we're going camping...bear with meeee :)

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #291 on: January 31, 2013, 06:03:59 AM »
NP Myitt, I know you guys are busy this weekend.

Anyway REMINDER to all:  The Tyrennian is not a typical "tree-form" Dome Ship.  The Mark III class that I've created is much different.  Rudimentary, poorly drawn reference here

It's a bit smaller than a traditional Dome Ship, but still massive enough to elicit comments upon its size.  The individual Shredders are weaker than those of a traditional Dome Ship, but they can be fired simultaneously, and if all three of the fore-firing Shredders are pointed at the same point on a target, their combined firepower is capable of matching the power of one of the primary Shredders on a traditional (Mark II) Dome Ship.  This actually provides a greater flexibility as they can mimic the power of a traditional Dome Ship, but can also be aimed independently at multiple targets, providing more options in combat.

RAF Silverblade

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #292 on: January 31, 2013, 03:11:35 PM »
So where are the personal rooms, anyway? Near the dome? It would kind of be cool if the outer wall of the dome led to rooms, so when people step out, they'd step out into the grass and trees and whatnot.

Ani-Master 2014!

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #293 on: January 31, 2013, 03:25:38 PM »
That is an interesting idea, Chad.  I hadn't thought of it.  Honestly I haven't really decided about the layout of the ship yet, other than general locations of certain things like the bridge and engineering and whatnot.  I'll give it some thought...I might end up running with your idea.  The Officers' quarters could certainly have that privilege.

And Marie, I'll get Serid's character sheet posted in a little bit.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 03:29:19 PM by Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin) »

RAF Silverblade

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #294 on: January 31, 2013, 03:47:10 PM »
When you wake up in the morning, you exit into the dome where you get a bite to eat, and pass through the stream to get a drink, then head on to the work station. Nice and convenient. It could work the same way after that day's work shift too.

Ani-Master 2014!

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #295 on: January 31, 2013, 06:30:06 PM »
The problem is that there really isn't enough real-estate for all the quarters to work like that.  But I could see the Officers' quarters at least working like that.

RAF Silverblade

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #296 on: January 31, 2013, 06:48:29 PM »
Either way, you may need to start thinking about some details like rooms and hangar bays and whatnot.

Ani-Master 2014!

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #297 on: January 31, 2013, 07:05:06 PM »
The drawing doesn't show the proper outline along the bottom of the ship...I just don't have enough skill to illustrate it clearly...but the bottom of the ship dips downward, and the two hangar bays are side-by-side down the belly of the ship.  They run for a good length, and both can open to space (the internal atmosphere protected by force-shields) that allow each and every fighter to launch simultaneously if necessary.  The bays are two levels high, and have thirty-six individual fighter hangars per outside edge...eighteen on the bottom level, eighteen on the second level, with the upper level staggered out a bit further than the first level due to the curvature of the ship's belly.  The two side hangars are connected by a wide, open concourse that can be used to transport ships to and from different bays, and can also be used for spot-maintenance.  On the fore end of the quick-launch bays is a large service bay that's used for ship repair and overhaul.  At the back, there are three "atypical" bays used for larger-proprotioned or oddly-dimensioned ships.  On the port side, there is one large bay that is open for both levels, on the starboard side, there's a deck in between the first and second levels to allow smaller ships to "stack."  Both the service bay and "atypical" bays are open to the main central concourse that runs along the inside of the two quick-launch hangars.  Really it's all one big hangar, but it's easier to specify which ship you're talking about if you refer to them as the Starboard Bay/Hangar (Docking Bay 1), or the Port Bay/Hangar (Docking Bay 2).

Currently, one quick-launch bay is devoid of ships, but the other is still stocked with 36 Tail-Fighters.

RAF Silverblade

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #298 on: February 01, 2013, 11:37:12 PM »
Just to let everyone know, three or four of our players are going to be unavailable this weekend, so it may seem a little slow, but it should pick up again after this weekend.  I'm going to wait another day before moving things into the Tyrennian itself just to give everyone a bit more of an opportunity to post.

RAF Silverblade

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #299 on: February 03, 2013, 09:18:18 PM »
We're back, but it'll be a little slow on my end...I'm exhausted x___x 14 miles of hiking with 40 pounds on your back will do that to you.

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash