Author Topic: The Galactic War: Rogue Element OOC  (Read 94959 times)

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
Re: The Galactic War: Rogue Element OOC
« Reply #180 on: December 18, 2012, 01:45:29 PM »
Heh. Meant to post last night,  but I have been beaten by the Coffee Stain of Doom!  May try and post on the Kindle anyway so that the Roleplay moves along. :3 If not, well it's a pain. XD

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #181 on: December 18, 2012, 02:28:42 PM »
I can imagine people getting suspicious that Claxter is now healed up, and I think that's why Tess looked at him the way she did. Wounds? What wounds? You must be thinking of my twin brother that's in the other med bay. Yes. That's right.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #182 on: December 18, 2012, 02:42:55 PM »
Heh,  not if you almost died in what I'm pretty sure was Ossanlin's ship and thus can't help but recognize it.  Man she's occasionally an annoying person to write. XD Gonna fix it so that she does not guess regarding Claxter ---not that smart. :p Note any other needed post fixes,  including whether or not it was his ship. I'm not thrilled with this post---yay Kindle.

EDIT: Fixed so that she does not guess regarding Claxter, but makes an arbitrary question as to whether he speaks English.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 02:50:04 PM by Shenmue654 »

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #183 on: December 18, 2012, 03:02:14 PM »
Claxter should definitely know English by now.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #184 on: December 19, 2012, 02:24:01 PM »
Sorry for the delay guys, will try to get a post up tonight!

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #185 on: December 21, 2012, 05:05:34 PM »
I'm spenidng time with someone who has internet, so I'm on briefly.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #186 on: December 22, 2012, 05:20:31 AM »
An announcement to everyone in the thread.  My laptop's AC adapter just decided to sh*t out on me.  This means that my only access to the internet is a dinosaur of a computer that's as unreliable as it is slow.  I have no idea if I'll even be able to buy another AC adapter as I have absolutely zero money.  I guess they're only about $20, but that's still more than I have.  As a result, my posts will likely become more intermittent and less frequent.  I have lost all possible access to my notation files regarding Rogue Element.  Hell, I've lost basically all of my computing ability.  I will also be going bat-**** crazy due to the lack.  My involvement in the Rogue Element thread has, likewise, been castrated.  I will attempt to continue running the thread, but I can make no promises...this old desktop might die on me any day, and then I'll lose even this tiny vestige of internet and computer access.  I apologize for the inconvenience.  I'm going to go lay in bed now and cry.
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #187 on: December 22, 2012, 11:44:18 AM »
So...tentative functionality restored a mere six hours later, one of the perks of having an electrician for a mother.  So my last rant is...not moot, but at least not as bad as it was when I made it.  It's a somewhat fragile fix, but it works for now...I just have to be careful when moving or manipulating the cord.  So...statement tentatively retracted.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 11:50:18 AM by Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin) »

RAF Silverblade

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #188 on: December 22, 2012, 04:23:20 PM »
Okay, so I felt so good about regaining my computer functionality again that I finally drew up the Tyrennian.  I may ink this draft and draw in a cross-section to show where certain things are within the ship itself...that's a little bit more than I want to undertake at this moment.  For now, I've noted the location of the primary and secondary weapons-systems, engine systems, and the bridge.  I know you're all looking for a ship that looks like a tree with a dome at the end of a long "trunk," but most of those who've RP'd with me in the past know that the Tyrennian was a prototype vessel.  The original Dome "Ship" was little more than a mobile weapons-platform that lumbered laboriously through space and had to jettison the dome just to be able to use all of its weapons.  The Tyrennian is more of an actual ship, with the Dome slightly smaller and oblong instead of spherical.  The dome cannot be detached, but the Tyrennian was built as a true battle-ship with improved maneuverability, speed, and efficiency.  So without further ado...

TYRENNIAN
Mark III Dreadnaught Battle-cruiser

Primary Shredder #1:  High-Intensity, High-compression Ship-mounted Shredder beam cannon.
    - Fore-Firing
    - X-Axis firing arc of 90 degrees.  (45 degrees port or starboard of the median-line)
    - Y-Axis firing arc of 55 degrees.  (45 degrees positive of pitch-line, 10 degrees negative {to avoid slagging the dome})

Primary Shredder #2 and #3:  High-Intensity, High-compression Ship-mounted Shredder beam cannon.
    - Fore-Firing
    - X-Axis firing arc of 90 degrees.  (45 degrees port or starboard of the median-line)
    - Y-Axis firing arc of 60 degrees.  (Negative of pitch-line only)

Secondary Shredder #1:  Medium-Intensity, High-compression Ship-mounted Shredder beam cannon.
    - Starboard-Firing
    - X-Axis firing arc of 120 degrees.  (60 degrees fore or aft of transverse-line)
    - Y-Axis firing arc of 120 degrees.  (60 degrees positive or negative of pitch-line)

Secondary Shredder #2:  Medium-Intensity, High-compression Ship-mounted Shredder beam cannon.
    - Port-Firing
    - X-Axis firing arc of 120 degrees.  (60 Degrees fore or aft of transverse-line)
    - Y-Axis firing arc of 120 degrees.  (60 Degrees positive or negative of pitch-line)

Secondary Shredder #3:  Medium-Intensity, High-compression Ship-mounted Shredder beam cannon.
    - Aft-Firing
    - X-Axis firing arc of 120 degrees.  (60 Degrees port or starboard of median-line)
    - Y-Axis firing arc of 120 degrees.  (60 Degrees positive or negative of pitch-line)

The bridge exists on two levels (all one room) on top of the nose of the ship with the helm and sensor/auxiliary(amongst others) below, and the TO station, communications and security, and the Captain's station all on the top level.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 05:51:48 PM by Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin) »

RAF Silverblade

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #189 on: December 22, 2012, 04:41:03 PM »
I'm glad that you haven't been completely losto us yet. I'm also glad that your dome ship isn't vulnerable to a bladeship ambush like the one Elfangor was on. Or at least not as vulnerable.

Ani-Master 2014!

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #190 on: December 22, 2012, 05:40:33 PM »
Yeah...I was expecting some downtime, but thankfully my mother was able to fix the power-supply for me.  :)  And the Tyrennian is actually pretty bad-ass.  Only three more dreadnaughts have been built since its inception, the newest was beaten to crap during the loss of the Alpha Line and is out of commission for several months at least.  One of the others was damaged less severely during the same failed defensive action and is out for several weeks.  And, of course, the Electorate thinks the Tyrennian was destroyed in it.  So there's only one still in active service at the start of this RP.

The Andalites favored construction of the smaller, quicker-to-build, cheaper interceptor-class ships due to the ability to produce large numbers more quickly.  The dreadnaught battle-cruiser is pretty nasty, but it can only help if it's in the right place at the right time.  Larger numbers of smaller ships allowed the Andalites to position multiple squadrons in quick-deployment positions to be able to respond to multiple different locations.

Anyway, the Tyrennian will probably be getting some technological overhauls down the line...I've already made up a list of possible improvements...but that all depends on how the RP goes.

RAF Silverblade

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #191 on: December 23, 2012, 01:22:28 AM »
Another quick update...something really ****ty is happening with my internet and I don't know what it is.  I've been experiencing terrible lag over XBox Live lately with things as simple as Minecraft.  Now I can't even load some web-pages because they time out.  I performed a speed check and my DL speeds, which are supposed to be about 3 - 5 Mbps are averaging around 15 - 100 Kbps.  That's right...I said Kbps.  My broadband internet is hovering around the speed of a dial-up connection.

I'm attempting to remedy that situation...so we'll see.

RAF Silverblade

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #192 on: December 23, 2012, 01:29:52 AM »
Ooh, Luke, I'm sorry your internet has been stupid lately :( When I was in Wyoming last summer and faced the prospect of three months without the internet or easily accessible cell phone coverage, and without any close friends nearby, I felt something akin to what I imagine narcotic withdrawal is like. It was depressing and painful. What have we done to ourselves?! -__- I had to break down and shell out cash for a weird cell carrier internet...but thank god that was available. I would've died.

But yeah I feel your pain.

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #193 on: December 23, 2012, 02:01:21 PM »
Sorry I've been kinda MIA. I'm at my parent-in-law's for Christmas, and we spent all day yesterday on the road driving around the countryside. It looks like it'll pretty much be like that until the day after Christmas, so I'm gonna be slow.
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #194 on: December 23, 2012, 02:08:03 PM »
Hehe, we're going to be pretty slow too. Christmas is just around the corner. We'll be back around after it's over----no worries. :p

Sorry for the inconvenience.