Author Topic: Worst Animorph Books  (Read 11228 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: Worst Animorph Books
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2008, 06:33:12 PM »
I thought he also had a stomach-ache.
Maybe. I don't remember all the details.Maybe that's part of the reason I like the earlier books more than the later ones. I never really thought of the series as a serious war story. Part of the fun of reading was all that other stuff that distracted from the brutal fighting and such.

I think that may have been what I tried to say earlier in the thread. It's like the series started as a kid's book, and slowly gravitated to an adult's book. Does that make sense?

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline CounterInstinct

« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2008, 01:06:53 AM »
Actually, the cinnabon bun thing was confusing for the group. Ax seemed to had both Sugar rush AND stomach ache... ^^
Probably he didn't have a refreshing bottle of beverage known as vinegar to wash it down....  ;D

Well... it just starts out light. The reason it's called a kid's book because it is easy to read. There is a certain kids book that was banned because it contained content for kids.

Also, most nursery rhymes have "adult" meanings. Ring around the Roses? Depicts the bubonic plague AFAIK....
I'm just a writer, and my main goal was always to entertain. But I've never let Animorphs turn into just another painless video game version of war, and I wasn't going to do it at the end. I've spent 60 books telling a strange, fanciful war story, sometimes very seriously, sometimes more tongue-in-cheek. I've written a lot of action and a lot of humor and a lot of sheer nonsense. But I have also, again and again, challenged readers to think about what they were reading. To th

Offline Essam 293

• Dedicated Archiver
  • Xtreme Member
    • Hirac Delest - An Animorphs Archive
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2008, 01:14:56 AM »
I still hate #36: The Mutation to this day. Atlantis does not fit in with Animorphs, and I did not find it to be believable in their Universe. In fact, it was the one book that almost made me quit Animorphs permanently (This was around the time when the series seemed to be starting to drag, with upcoming filler books being thrown in here and there). I kept away for about a month before re-reading it as #37 came out.

Also check out: ANIMORPHS ANIMATED | ANIMORPHS 300

Xbox Live/PSN Gamertag: Aximlli

Offline Qwerty the Charliecorn

• The cannibalistic pipe-dweller
  • Xtreme Member
    • My deviantART
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2008, 01:17:45 AM »
Hmm, then it's probably a good thing I decided not to read that one.
If you are not in my avatar, and would like to be, or if you changed your name and avatar and would like me to update it, PM me. I cannot add or change anyone at the moment as I lost the file I use for this, but if people still want in, I'll work on it.

I am RAFmarried to my sweet shnukums, Rachel. ;D

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2008, 07:31:58 AM »
Actually, the cinnabon bun thing was confusing for the group. Ax seemed to had both Sugar rush AND stomach ache... ^^
Probably he didn't have a refreshing bottle of beverage known as vinegar to wash it down....  ;D

Well... it just starts out light. The reason it's called a kid's book because it is easy to read. There is a certain kids book that was banned because it contained content for kids.

Also, most nursery rhymes have "adult" meanings. Ring around the Roses? Depicts the bubonic plague AFAIK....
Yeah, I know about the nursery rhymes and stuff. Wierd that they told children that stuff back then.

What book was banned for having content for kids?

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline CounterInstinct

« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2008, 09:58:53 AM »
Ermm.. it was, again, a mistake in typing.. sorry... must have dozed off...

I mean, it was a kids book... with kids language and stuff similar to the way Animorphs was written. but it was banned because of some stuff i don't have to mention. I think it was "Of mice and men" or " Mice and Maximillian". I read excerpts from both... but I'm not really sure... Either of those two... =)
I'm just a writer, and my main goal was always to entertain. But I've never let Animorphs turn into just another painless video game version of war, and I wasn't going to do it at the end. I've spent 60 books telling a strange, fanciful war story, sometimes very seriously, sometimes more tongue-in-cheek. I've written a lot of action and a lot of humor and a lot of sheer nonsense. But I have also, again and again, challenged readers to think about what they were reading. To th

Offline Hylian Dan

« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2008, 10:47:47 PM »
I still hate #36: The Mutation to this day. Atlantis does not fit in with Animorphs, and I did not find it to be believable in their Universe. In fact, it was the one book that almost made me quit Animorphs permanently (This was around the time when the series seemed to be starting to drag, with upcoming filler books being thrown in here and there). I kept away for about a month before re-reading it as #37 came out.
I totally agree. #36 through #44, those were some hard times. Atlantis, psycho-leader Rachel, buffa-human, Magic School Bus, freaking Australia...so much plot advancement in those books. Even though 41 was an engaging read, I disliked it in retrospect because it was so unexplained. But I like it now. #38 was good, #40 was ehh, and #43 was great.

Offline Duff

• Entreprenerd
  • God
    • Under the Capes
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2008, 12:10:59 AM »
ugh 36 was just god awful, probably the worst of them all, not only was the plot just not animorphs, but the ghostwriter just didnt have the tone of jake down at all, just a complete miss

edit and what do you know, its the only book that author ghostwrote lol

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2008, 01:02:50 AM »
I don't know. I kinda liked #36. what I don't get is why did they have to acquire killer whales? they already have squid morphs and those should be able to travel deeper than killer whales.

Offline Jchester87

« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2008, 10:27:53 PM »
I *hate* the suspicion and the extreme.  Both to me were so bad that I had to force myself to finish them.  I disliked them a lot!

Offline wolfev

« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2008, 11:29:31 PM »
43 didn't give as much Tobias insight as I would have liked. The others were more interesting. Plus Cassie is barely in the book and her state of mind is only explained quickly at the end. They could have done more with her. Plus the whole Taylor in love with Tobias thing seemed a little weird. I mean 33 was really weird especially with the pain and pleasure SM thing that it starting to veer towards.
[img width= height= alt=" border="0]https://vspace.vassar.edu/evwaldron/warriors/banner2.jpg[/img]

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2008, 08:39:11 AM »
43 didn't give as much Tobias insight as I would have liked. The others were more interesting. Plus Cassie is barely in the book and her state of mind is only explained quickly at the end. They could have done more with her. Plus the whole Taylor in love with Tobias thing seemed a little weird. I mean 33 was really weird especially with the pain and pleasure SM thing that it starting to veer towards.
I never really understood the ending part with Cassie. I think she was crying about something, but I never understood why.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2008, 09:18:53 AM »
I think it has to do with killing all the controllers at that station...

Offline estrid

• God
  • LOL
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2008, 01:32:39 PM »
the books i disliked most were books w/too much cassie. i know, there are gonna be ppl here who disagree with me. but oh well. she pissed me off, plain and simple. ALL THOUGH, i loved book #14 and #24. they were hilarious. sure it  was cuz of marco, but still. awesome reads. to me the last book was the worst, i hate things that dont end. if its an ending, it should end. not introduce a new topic like there is gonna be a sequel, but then have no sequel. i dk, i kinda liked the mutation, not my fave, but not my most disliked either. cassie in australia was lame, wasn't a fan much.  book 43 wasn't well written enuf i think. the idea behind it was good, but the author just didn't know know to expand on it and explain it well.
" 'What do you care if he drains a few vegetables?' I asked. 'He's a vampire!' Chester snarled. 'Today vegetables....tomor row, the world!' " Bunnicula-a Rabbit Tale of Mystery

Jess is my RAFbest friend cuz she is way awesome!
Cody-my gayBFF for eva!
Coolest Member of the Year 2009

esplin

« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2008, 01:55:16 PM »
yeah number 44 i think was by far the worst