Author Topic: Worst Animorph Books  (Read 11219 times)

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
Re: Worst Animorph Books
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2008, 05:45:11 AM »
I hated #39 (the buffa-human book) because it was too much like Megamorphs #1.

Offline CounterInstinct

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2008, 07:05:08 AM »
Basically, it was MM#1 without Rachel having amnesia. And of course the legendary mighty morphing buffalo and ant. MM#1 was so much better.  :)
I'm just a writer, and my main goal was always to entertain. But I've never let Animorphs turn into just another painless video game version of war, and I wasn't going to do it at the end. I've spent 60 books telling a strange, fanciful war story, sometimes very seriously, sometimes more tongue-in-cheek. I've written a lot of action and a lot of humor and a lot of sheer nonsense. But I have also, again and again, challenged readers to think about what they were reading. To th

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2008, 08:32:08 AM »
Yes, but after they left with Tom. Not before, when it would be risky.

I know they tried to distract the Yeerks by capturing Chapman, and succeeded, but after they sccessfully left with Tom they should have starved the Yeerk.

Instead they basically saved the Yeerk in Tom's head instead of killing it. I stand by my opinion that it was the best time. After they left town, though, not before, when Tom's Yeerk could have gotten some support.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline CounterInstinct

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2008, 08:53:18 AM »
Yes, but after they left with Tom. Not before, when it would be risky.

I know they tried to distract the Yeerks by capturing Chapman, and succeeded, but after they sccessfully left with Tom they should have starved the Yeerk.

Instead they basically saved the Yeerk in Tom's head instead of killing it. I stand by my opinion that it was the best time. After they left town, though, not before, when Tom's Yeerk could have gotten some support.

well, after they left with Tom, at Grand G's house, Jake had thought the Yeerk had lost this battle AFTER they left the house. But, to Jake's dismay, Tom tried to kill his father to create an excuse to go home. The same way, after they leave, Tom will still try to find a way, and the Animorphs would not be able to do anything without revealing their identities. I mean, Andalites don't interfere with human families.

Plus, if Tom was suddenly free, then the Yeerks would hunt him down. Worse, they would hunt the rest of the Berenson family... then the rest would be easy. From Jake, going to his best friend Marco and his cousin Rachel. From Rachel to Cassie. Then Ax's and Tobias's places. If one of them was infested, so do the Hok-Bajir lose hope.

So, they had no choice to return everything to normal.
I'm just a writer, and my main goal was always to entertain. But I've never let Animorphs turn into just another painless video game version of war, and I wasn't going to do it at the end. I've spent 60 books telling a strange, fanciful war story, sometimes very seriously, sometimes more tongue-in-cheek. I've written a lot of action and a lot of humor and a lot of sheer nonsense. But I have also, again and again, challenged readers to think about what they were reading. To th

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2008, 09:26:17 AM »
not to mention the chee...

there's something I don't get. How does killing jake's dad save tom's yeerk from dying?

Offline Hylian Dan

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2008, 10:37:42 AM »
When Tom goes after Jake's dad at the end of 31, he does it mostly for revenge. The Yeerks have pretty much given up on trying to save Tom and Tom wants to vent.

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2008, 05:15:10 PM »
what about when they were still in the city, like the night jake's dad was watering the lawn...

esplin

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2008, 06:57:13 PM »
i think number 19 is the one that makes me mad when im rereading, i think the helmacrons ones were funny not the best but funny.  everyone seems to hate them though

Offline Kagebutterfly

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2008, 11:21:49 PM »
The book that didn't move the plot forward were the ones that annoyed me the most, such as plots that involved unless time traveling events a.k.a Oh I read a whole book and then non of it happened... etc etc

Offline CounterInstinct

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2008, 05:42:35 AM »
not to mention the chee...

there's something I don't get. How does killing jake's dad save tom's yeerk from dying?

Umm... if Jake's dad dies... then there would be an excuse for Tom to stay for his dad's own funeral, right? Or stay in the hospital to "watch for" his dad while the rest of the family go to Grandpa G.

Chapman even tried to run him down with a machine gun..... coolness....  ;D

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2008, 05:50:42 AM »
if his dad is dead, there's no reason to stay in the hospital, and there's no guarantee his dad's funeral is in the same city. plus it could be that they first have Grandpa G's funeral, then his dad's. so the problem isn't really fixed. it could end up he was killed in vain.

Offline CounterInstinct

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2008, 06:16:47 AM »
now that you mention that.... i'm having second thoughts...

But for Chapman to have Jake's dad gunned down... they may have a really good idea on how to make Tom stay instead.... ^^,

Offline nothlitlifestyles

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2008, 06:36:03 AM »
if his dad is dead, there's no reason to stay in the hospital, and there's no guarantee his dad's funeral is in the same city. plus it could be that they first have Grandpa G's funeral, then his dad's. so the problem isn't really fixed. it could end up he was killed in vain.

The Point is that his mother is already out of town so if his Dad got shot or killed or whatever then he would have no one to tell him he HAD to go to Grandpa G's funeral.

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2008, 07:04:02 AM »
and after a day or two, his mom and grandparents start wondering where they are, then what?

Offline nothlitlifestyles

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2008, 07:05:59 AM »
They would have obviously been informed of his fathers death and no one is going to say anything to a high school guy, who is inconsollable (sp?) and doesnt follow out to his grandfathers funeral, that just lost both his father and his grandfathe rin the same week