Author Topic: Worst Animorph Books  (Read 11218 times)

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
Re: Worst Animorph Books
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2008, 07:12:42 AM »
hmm...I guess so...

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2008, 09:37:36 AM »
The book that didn't move the plot forward were the ones that annoyed me the most, such as plots that involved unless time traveling events a.k.a Oh I read a whole book and then non of it happened... etc etc
And maybe 28, when Visser Three tried to remove sentience from Humans. It wound up being impossible, so the whole life endangering mission was unessassary.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2008, 02:10:41 AM »
#28 was one of my favourites and it's because of the same reason you hate the book.

Offline CounterInstinct

« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2008, 05:45:23 AM »
Yay! I'll applaud morfowt for that! I never hated any of the Ax's books.. and the Experiment was also one of my faves because of that senseless plot. Although from the start I already had doubts that human sentience can actually be removed...  :)
I'm just a writer, and my main goal was always to entertain. But I've never let Animorphs turn into just another painless video game version of war, and I wasn't going to do it at the end. I've spent 60 books telling a strange, fanciful war story, sometimes very seriously, sometimes more tongue-in-cheek. I've written a lot of action and a lot of humor and a lot of sheer nonsense. But I have also, again and again, challenged readers to think about what they were reading. To th

Offline wolfev

« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2008, 09:27:58 AM »
number 9 has to be one of the worst books. Its the books that are exercises in futility. The Tobias books are the best.
[img width= height= alt=" border="0]https://vspace.vassar.edu/evwaldron/warriors/banner2.jpg[/img]

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2008, 09:35:49 AM »
#28 was one of my favourites and it's because of the same reason you hate the book.

I didn't mean to imply that I hated 28. It was definitely funny, infiltrating a slaughterhouse as a cow.

I was just giving a further example of a book that probably didn't continue the plot for the person I quoted.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2008, 09:47:05 PM »
number 9 has to be one of the worst books. Its the books that are exercises in futility. The Tobias books are the best.

um, no number 9 was pretty good. I especially liked the part where they were taking care of the baby skunks.

Offline Duff

• Entreprenerd
  • God
    • Under the Capes
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2008, 11:30:17 PM »
yea i didnt like 9 that much either, for being so early in the series it seemed like the first real filler book, and the ending was more silly kids series than any of the others, i mean come on spraying the bad guy with a skunk and then tricking him with grape juice or w/e tee hee, it was just a little too corny to keep up with the style of the other books

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2008, 11:39:56 PM »
well how would you have wanted it?

Offline Duff

• Entreprenerd
  • God
    • Under the Capes
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2008, 11:53:45 PM »
gruesome bloody battle haha
i dno it just seemed a little cartoony

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2008, 11:58:00 PM »
yeah, I know. which was the best part. I don't need to read about how some knife is stuck in your stomach...

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2008, 07:57:01 AM »
I personally didn't care too much about the skunk babies, but what do you expect from one of Cassie's books? Saving the animals is her thing.

I loved the ending to that one. Very funny.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline CounterInstinct

« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2008, 08:53:10 AM »
Well, personally, i also like the book 9, though mostly after I finished the series. After the final arc, my soul just absorbed all the pains of the critical part of the war... enough to miss the "good times". When they still had time to hang out at the mall, take care of baby skunks...
I'm just a writer, and my main goal was always to entertain. But I've never let Animorphs turn into just another painless video game version of war, and I wasn't going to do it at the end. I've spent 60 books telling a strange, fanciful war story, sometimes very seriously, sometimes more tongue-in-cheek. I've written a lot of action and a lot of humor and a lot of sheer nonsense. But I have also, again and again, challenged readers to think about what they were reading. To th

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2008, 06:07:34 PM »
Well, personally, i also like the book 9, though mostly after I finished the series. After the final arc, my soul just absorbed all the pains of the critical part of the war... enough to miss the "good times". When they still had time to hang out at the mall, take care of baby skunks...
Yes, over time the books became more and more serious. We see fewer and fewer of the little hijinks like when Cassie morphed a mouse to run through a maze for a school project, or when Ax ate so many cinnamon buns that he got a sugar rush.

<She said I could have one. One bun? One tray? She didn't specify. I would not be at fault for any confusion.>

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2008, 06:24:23 PM »
I thought he also had a stomach-ache.