Author Topic: Round Two: Start  (Read 3497 times)

Offline itw2009

• Gold Donor
  • your daily dose of skepticism
Round Two: Start
« on: August 13, 2013, 04:50:53 PM »
So i've been a member since... a while ago. haha. i, however, have only just returned from an unintentionally (three-year?) long hiatus and figure that reintroductions are in order.

for those of you who don't know me: hi! :) i'm courtney. I live in DC-ish. I manage construction projects. In a strange twist of fate, i know significantly more about day-to-day executive branch operations than most.

Animorphs is my childhood literary otl. As long as the conversation doesn't get too hipster, i will discuss anything animorphs with you. xD

I'm not very shy. :D i will interrogate you if i get the chance. (GIVE ME YOUR LIFE'S STORY.)

...Which about covers things. I'll see you guys around. :)
“The President and a small group of people know exactly what he meant."

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
Re: Round Two: Start
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 04:56:04 PM »
Welcome back! We went to the zoo once I believe.

Should have another DC RAF thing with you, me, and Jamie again sometime.

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 04:56:13 PM »
Tell the truth: do you manage construction projects in the hopes that one day one of them will have to be nixed and it will become a... wait for it... abandoned construction site?

Eh hem. WELCOME BACK.

Offline itw2009

• Gold Donor
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 05:43:46 PM »
Welcome back! We went to the zoo once I believe.

Should have another DC RAF thing with you, me, and Jamie again sometime.
thank you! we did, and we should! :D DC RAF THING! UHN! another zoo trip or something else? how close are we to the baltimore aquarium?

ooh, yay, jamie~ i haven't seen/heard from her in a long, long time. :)

Tell the truth: do you manage construction projects in the hopes that one day one of them will have to be nixed and it will become a... wait for it... abandoned construction site?

Eh hem. WELCOME BACK.
THANK YOU. :)

also: LMFAO x >9000+. i can't even put into adequate internet words how hilarious i find this. i hadn't even thought of it, but now... now, i should make it happen.

deep down, maybe there was some influence. how badly do i want to spend an evening star(ship)gazing on a construction site? that's on the order of a "hell, yeah".

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 06:57:49 PM »
Animorphs fans: the only fans in the world who would hold a convention in an abandoned construction site. ;)

And welcome back by the way! I love it when old members come back to us. :)
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline itw2009

• Gold Donor
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 07:26:26 PM »
can we, in fact, do this?

i know people in places. there could be legit happenings in construction sites. i just need specifics: where, when, number of people, that sort of thing.

...or a day's advance notice so i can grab wire cutters and maybe some hard hats.

:) and thanks! i'm enjoying being back.

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2013, 07:28:45 PM »
I thought you looked familiar. Welcome back, itw.

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.

Offline itw2009

• Gold Donor
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2013, 07:31:58 PM »
:) thanks, cloaky! to state the obvious: i haven't seen you in forever. what's going on?

Offline Gaz

• God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2013, 07:57:18 PM »
The aquarium would be cool sometime. Except I heard that they raised their prices recently. We could go wandering museums. I've been wanted to check out the cafe thing they opened in the Native American Museum.

Me and Jamie always do our zoo trip in December. It's the best time. No tourists or school groups.

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2013, 08:40:58 PM »
RAFcons need to happen! And I need to figure out how to make money so that I can partake!

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline itw2009

• Gold Donor
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2013, 09:23:49 PM »
The aquarium would be cool sometime. Except I heard that they raised their prices recently. We could go wandering museums. I've been wanted to check out the cafe thing they opened in the Native American Museum.

Me and Jamie always do our zoo trip in December. It's the best time. No tourists or school groups.
ah. december does seem like the way to go. i've been twice this summer and it's been a mite hellish, to put it mildly. ...i forget why i went the first time, though. ............uhm. weird.

i'm also down for museums- i visit them by myself all the time, but it'd be nice to get out with other people, haha. i like them all.... less the museum of natural history. the double-edged sword there is how amazing - ergo popular - it is. it's completely lost its appeal, courtesy of mobs of self-absorbed tourist children and their parents. december will probably also be that dilemma's solution.

i warn you that i'm utterly useless in the museum of art. i will stare at a single picture or sculpture on the order of multiples of minutes- we wouldn't get anywhere with me in tow. also, i'm busy/out/all over the place through labor day, but i can do almost anything after. we should book me early when we do plan on doing something, because stuff happens. D:>

RAFcons need to happen! And I need to figure out how to make money so that I can partake!
if, say, RAFcon 2014 happens and money is The Barrier between you and coming, then i'm amenable to splitting costs until you can pay me back- which could be whenever.

if "where" is in the triumvirate's district of texas, though, we might kill a few birds with one stone.

....seriously. i can do this. i'm about three general "let's do it"s from starting something.

Offline Gaz

• God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2013, 09:34:41 PM »
The modern art museum is fun to wander through though.

You should totally join us for our december zoo trip. It would be awesome.

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2013, 11:02:31 PM »
Hello there, stalker. :D

I need to find some way to get some highly discounted air tickets :P Although I do know a lot of abandoned construction sites here. Just sayin'.

Offline itw2009

• Gold Donor
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2013, 06:50:05 AM »
Hello there, stalker. :D

I need to find some way to get some highly discounted air tickets :P Although I do know a lot of abandoned construction sites here. Just sayin'.

i definitely can't afford airfare to/from india. but still.

there could be fundraisers.

also, i bet it's easy to get into your abandoned construction sites.

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2013, 07:03:02 AM »
Oh yes. When it's abandoned it's abandoned for good. No ax murderers, maybe a few drunken louts though. :P

Speaking of airfare... I just realized my passport expires in 2015. Grr... passport renewal here is SUCH A PAIN...