Author Topic: Hello, hello!  (Read 2408 times)

Offline ainiannapurna

Hello, hello!
« on: July 25, 2013, 09:19:50 PM »
Hello, hello!

I've been in a sort of daze because I've been re-reading Animorphs for the past couple of days. All the feels.. I just can't... *ugly sobbing*

Anyway, I first read Animorphs 11-12 years ago, and since then it's become one of my favourite series. I love the action and adventure, and it's only after the most recent re-read that I also realize that I love the series because of the characters and how they grow. My favourite characters are Marco, Tobias and Ax in human morph. Cinnamon BUN-ZUH!

I'm trying to collect all the books, but since the translated version only gets up to #27, I get the rest from secondhand English bookshops.

One last thing, I want to try and send a letter to K.A. Applegate, but I'm not sure where to send it to. From the internet I found two addresses: one to her Scholastic publisher, and the other one to her Harpercollins' publisher. Does anyone know which one I should send it to? Or maybe someone has experience in writing to her and gotten a reply (or an autograph!!)?

Thanks!

redtailedsaffa

Re: Hello, hello!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 09:27:19 PM »
Heylo there! I'm Saffa, I'm Indian and I'm crazy. Welcome to the forum! :)

No, I'm not sure about the address bit - perhaps you could ask Steph. :)

Offline theyoungphoenix

• still abby
  • Xtreme Member
  • "I'm honestly a huge dork."
    • My Book
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 10:01:38 PM »
Hiya!! I'm Abby!! Welcome to RAF!! We are all crazy. ;D
My Tumblr
Saffa is my shorm and RAFtwin. :D Lumy is my awesomeful RAFbrother. ;D
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer 2013
Best RAFian Supervillan/Minion Duo 2013 (Saffa/Abby :D Morph Twins)
RAFian Artist of the Year 2016

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 10:04:22 PM »
Hello there!  I'm DinosaurNothlit, also known as DN or Dino.  Welcome to the forum!

Oh man I know what you mean about the feels.  Animorphs is full of them.

As for KA, I don't know her address but I am sure someone around here does.  I know she and Michael had an account here at one point.

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 10:31:55 PM »
Oh, I just noticed your username - reminds me of a famous restaurant chain in our town! :D

Offline ainiannapurna

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 11:33:33 PM »
As for KA, I don't know her address but I am sure someone around here does.  I know she and Michael had an account here at one point.

They had an account?!  :o

I think I'll just send the letter to the Harpercollins address, as it seems to be her most recent one. It's posted on The One and Only Ivan's website, if anyone else is interested.

Oh, I just noticed your username - reminds me of a famous restaurant chain in our town! :D

Ooh! What kind of food do they sell? As far as I know, Annapurna is the name of a mountain.. As well as the name of a movie production company.

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 11:54:05 PM »
Really? Well, it's spelt "Annapoorna" here, and I live in South  India - so it's mostly typical traditional South Indian fare (dripping with oil and very tasty, which is what makes it popular :D ).

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2013, 08:23:55 AM »
Welcome to RAF! :D I'm Steph! Nice to meet you!

No, I'm not sure about the address bit - perhaps you could ask Steph. :)

:huh: ...Why would I know?

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2013, 08:33:27 AM »
I dunno. I just assumed you knew these things. :D :P

Offline ainiannapurna

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2013, 09:06:41 AM »
Thank you, nice to meet you too! Woah, you have 20000+ posts in four years, Steph! I guess that's why Saffa assumed you knew the address. :3

Mmm I've always been curious about Indian food because of the flavours and spices used. I don't think I can handle the spiciness though. :/

Oh, I have a question.
What's the difference between "Insanity Meter" and "Karma"?

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2013, 09:11:57 AM »
XD Alas, you do not magically unlock new knowledge at 20k posts. I'll get back to you about 30k, though.

Karma and Insanity Meter are completely unrelated things. :P Insanity Meter measures how many posts you've made in the last 30 days. (1 post = 0.2% Insanity) Karma's what people give you when you post something particularly awesome/clever/funny/they just like you, idk.

On second thought: Completely unrelated except in instances where someone gives you karma for reaching 100% insanity.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 09:14:21 AM by Stephquiem »

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2013, 09:16:33 AM »
Thank you, nice to meet you too! Woah, you have 20000+ posts in four years, Steph! I guess that's why Saffa assumed you knew the address. :3

Lol, that's mostly come off exploiting a RAFparty weekend - a weekend in which the posts in the Bored Board are actually counted - look it up in the calendar. Believe me, that's mostly how I've gotten to 2000 too :P Of course, she's still far older than me... and Social Staff... so she does appear rather all-knowing... ;)

Mmm I've always been curious about Indian food because of the flavours and spices used. I don't think I can handle the spiciness though. :/

Not all our food is spicy, it varies from region to region - the food in the Madras and Andhra regions, if you've heard of them, can be particularly testing on the tongue, even for me! But we have curd and kulfi to cool you down. :D

Oh, and we have biriyani. And we have dosa. Google them. They're the greatest inventions man could've ever thought up. :drools:

Damn it, now you've made me hungry and the mess food is not appealing AT ALL. :P

What's the difference between "Insanity Meter" and "Karma"?

Insanity Meter is basically a meter showing your activity level on the forum, depending on the number of posts you make in a day. Me and Steph have 100% because, well, we get bored. And there's a Bored Board.

Karma, however, is a means by which you can rate a person's post. If you feel someone has written a particularly awesome/moving chapter in a story, for example, or made you LOL so hard you fell off the chair, you can applaud (+1) them, whereas if you feel someone has said something particularly rude/offensive/completely unwanted in context you can smite (-1) them.

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2013, 09:29:18 AM »
Hey, hey. I will have you know that most of post count was NOT gained during RAF Party weekends! Mostly because in the time it took me to pass Russell we had like 5. It took me 21 months. XD Granted, I got quite a lot through RAF Party weekends. But it's 5k out of 26k+ XD also I failed my test to get certified in being all-knowing. I don't want to talk about it.

<.< That said. RAF Party weekends are the best. Also very tiring. No time for naps. I feel like a loser when I just have to go to bed. :disgrace:

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2013, 09:32:20 AM »
Yeah, my sleeping pattern was completely destroyed on this month's RAFparty weekend. And I'm in university.

I fear what lies ahead.

Offline ainiannapurna

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2013, 11:20:29 AM »
Okay, so how exactly do I add someone's karma? Is there a certain button that I should click or something?

And what's this about a party? :O