Author Topic: The Animorphs movie thread  (Read 7342 times)

Offline bittersweet

The Animorphs movie thread
« on: November 20, 2012, 06:58:05 PM »
Okay I've been a fan of animorphs for awhile. And honestly it affected my life in a huge way. With movies like twilight, avatar and transformers... I begin to wonder..  when is there gonna be am animorphs trilogy on the big screen !?  What are they waiting for!? Im almost sure it will be a block buster. So lets be heard. Lets bring animorphs back into the light. Its been slept in for years. Its time to wake people up! Do what you can. Use your voice. I wanna see the animorphs on the big screen. Don't you ?

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
Re: bring animorphs to the big screen.
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 07:01:08 PM »
Don't be so fast -- there's just as much chance that they could completely ruin it.  Especially if M. Knight directs.  I mean, look at "The Last Airbender".

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.

Offline bittersweet

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 07:14:54 PM »
Which is why I've sent countless emails too Michael bay, the producer of transformers  . And David Yates. There's so much more to the animorphs. People dismiss it as an "old children's book" .  >:(

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 09:48:22 AM »
They'd have to make it REALLY well for us absolute fanboys and girls to watch it, right?  ;)
Because the books conveyed so much more, like the emotions of the characters and the various animal minds. How they are gonna put the mindless machine mind of the ant, for example, on screen, I wonder.
Ah well, you know how it is... with a book-to-movie series, the books always end up being better. :)

Auxen

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 01:06:26 PM »
The last Airbender. Still a better movie than Dragonball: Evolution.

Wait a sec. *re-reads posts* MICHAEL BAY?!?! Do you want a smack?!?!

Lets have a look at a potential Animorphs movies by Bay:

- Cassie would be at least a C-Cup with styled hair.
- Rachel would either be a bimbo OR a brunette.
- Jake would be LaBouf
- Marco would be Korean
- Tobias wouldn't be with Rach, since Jake and Rach would NOT be related and thus, an item.
- The Yeerks would be computer chips used by a rogue Andalite Terrorist cell.

NO WAY IS BAY TOUCHING ANIMORPHS!

You want someone who knows how to cater to a fan base? Someone who knows how to depict tragedy, loss and struggle in their characters? Someone whose career is BASED of their characters suffering tragedies?

Three words.

Joss. F*****g. Whedon.

Offline Underseen

• One of RAFs resident ShapeShifters
  • Xtreme Member
  • Feisty Generation Fifteen
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 01:40:40 AM »
The reason this will sadly never happen is because the T.V. show was so bad that nobody wants to work with the property...

Now let's play pretend. If they were to announce an Animorph movie right now which actors do you think will play each characters. Even minor characters.
RAF awards 2012: Best Newcomer... It feels good too

Well, Blue is my RAFcousin.
 Blaze is my RAFbrother and formidable rival.

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 06:50:25 AM »
Charlize Theron for Rachel?  ;)

Auxen

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2012, 10:29:36 AM »
Theron couldn't even play a full grown woman right in Aeon Flux, let alone a teenager in Animorphs.

I'd go:

Michael Angarano as Jake (Based on Forbidden Kingdom)
Emma Watson as Rachel (Based on punching Malfoy in the face)
Jasika Nicole as Cassie (Based on the Fringe series)
... Tyler Lautner as Marco (fine, he's not half bad as an actor)
Zachary Levi as Ax (Based on Chuck)

Andrew Scott as Visser Three (Moriarty from BBC's Sherlock)

Unfortunately there aren't many teen actors to choose from, so I had to limit my believable actor scope to between 20's and early 30's...

Offline Canicula

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2012, 11:13:11 AM »
I could totally see Diana Agron as Rachel.

But Tyler Launter as Marco? I really can't imagine this xD

I'm from Germany, so don't wonder, if my sentences are a bit weird sometimes...

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2012, 11:36:46 AM »
- Cassie would be at least a C-Cup with styled hair.
- Rachel would either be a bimbo OR a brunette.
- Jake would be LaBouf
- Marco would be Korean
- Tobias wouldn't be with Rach, since Jake and Rach would NOT be related and thus, an item.

- The Yeerks would be computer chips used by a rogue Andalite Terrorist cell.

Not all bad ideas  :XD:

Tyler Launter as Marco? I really can't imagine this
Second. And though I like Watson, definitely not my type of Rachel

I am a firm advocate of let's not bring Animorphs to the big screen.
It wouldn't happen for a dozen reasons beyond the TV show, in all fairness, but even if it did, what would it be?
There's thirty books of filler you can skip, but without redoing the storyline (and I don't want them to do that) you're watering down the most important stuff.
I'd be generous, imagine it as 3 films (Refuse to even hear about just one) speed through the introduction books, maybe make the David triology a second film and then blast through the final arch for a third film, but, I really don't see that as capturing the real heart of the series: Character development.

Animorphs is not a master of plot, but it's magnificent as a character driven story when the right plot elements are used (which is why even the filler isn't totally worthless) and I see no way to do real justice about how they progress by just lumping the biggest plots, which really is what you need for a film.

And that is why I believe if it should ever be on screen it should be small screen with 1-2 episodes a book so you can set the pace right and mix the necessary plots with the character's growth over a long and grueling fight.

But that's just my opinion-feel free to destroy it.

But never use known actors. Maybe certain big names to guest voice for like things Ellimist or Crayak, but not in the regular cast
Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2012, 10:14:08 PM »
That said, the only way Animorphs would work out is as a TV series. And they already messed up that one, now no one will have faith in a resurrection. It's a tragedy, really...

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2012, 03:42:06 PM »
There is not a single actor in the 13-16 range, or ones that could pass for those ages, who I would welcome as one of the Animorphs. As far as casting the leads goes, they need to take the Harry Potter route and get some talented no-name kids. Disney wont let their precious/innocent child stars do anything gritty like Animorphs so getting actors from them wont work. The only Live action Nick stars with any talent these days are the iCarly cast but I can't see any of them playing Animorphs. As for child movie stars.....do those still exist? All the notable ones are grown up :P

As for a director: Keep Shaymalan and Bay AWAY from this franchise. M. Night will completely miss the point of the series and give us a hollowed version where we're supposed to rely on exposition to tell us everything. And Michael Bay will just tack on unnecessary explosions and fanservice. They both do NOT do adaptions well.

Joss Whedon and David Yates on the other hand have both proven to care about the source material and fans' opinions, especially Whedon (who was a fan of the Marvel Universe, himself) I'd welcome them both with open arms if they decided to do an Ani movie. I like James Cameron too but honestly all I have to go by for him are Titanic and Avatar so can somebody who's seen more of his films tell me whether or not he'd be good for Animorphs?

Which is why I've sent countless emails too Michael bay, the producer of transformers  . And David Yates.

Tellin' ya now, that ain't gonna do sh*t. Those two get so much fan emails I highly doubt they read them all, let alone take the fans' ideas into consideration.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 03:48:21 PM by Classic Blue »
Richard is really Anna in disguise!

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
Quote from: 12:34:05 AM (horsefan1023)
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

Offline SkyMorpher

• Fly high, seek peace, God bless (Formerly Animel23
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2012, 11:18:34 PM »
That one is Taylor,not Tyler,but you all made good points.

Offline Essam 293

• Dedicated Archiver
  • Xtreme Member
    • Hirac Delest - An Animorphs Archive
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2012, 09:55:42 PM »
Ahem: http://www.hiracdelest.com/blog/?p=4788

That's all I'll say on this.

Also check out: ANIMORPHS ANIMATED | ANIMORPHS 300

Xbox Live/PSN Gamertag: Aximlli

Offline SkyMorpher

• Fly high, seek peace, God bless (Formerly Animel23
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2012, 10:13:47 PM »
I wish,but it doesn't mean we should get excited ATM,according to the article.