Author Topic: The Galactic War: Rogue Element OOC  (Read 101613 times)

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
Re: The Galactic War: Rogue Element OOC
« Reply #525 on: June 04, 2013, 07:11:18 PM »
It seems to me that Efaen, having been completely wiped to point of a blank slate, and then "raised" again amongst human-controllers, imprinted on the human form sort of like ducklings or goslings imprinting on a human when a human is the first creature they see after hatching.  That's a hard behavior to break...it might explain your difficulty getting Efaen to use her Andalite form.
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #526 on: June 04, 2013, 07:17:34 PM »
Yeah. I guess. It's pretty messed up, and I consider it revenge instead of justice, since they really didn't have the authority to punish Efaen, but it is what it is. Can't really do anything but work with her. I'm becoming more disillusioned with the rebellion over time, similar to the Animorph's feelings towards the Andalites over time. That's pretty sick, what they did.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #527 on: June 04, 2013, 10:23:05 PM »
Yeah, that and when Efaen was trying to make friends with the rebels after the memory wipe she noticed that they were much more comfortable and likely to speak with her when she was in a human morph.

Chad, keep in mind it wasn't the entire rebellion that did that. Corliss and Terenia were acting against orders. Efaen was sentenced to death after a public trial, as punishment for killing many of their own. Terenia and Corliss, without anyone's permission, erased her memories instead, and the two of them were both punished for going against the verdict of the trial.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #528 on: June 04, 2013, 10:34:05 PM »
Yeah I think you mentioned before it was mostly Terenia's idea. Though honestly the right thing to do would be hand her to Oss. If it were my friends and family she killed, I'd want her head on a pike, but that doesn't really make it right. It certainly wasn't right to start indoctrinating her afterwards.

This just really ticks me off. Maybe more than it should.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #529 on: June 04, 2013, 10:43:42 PM »
No, it doesn't make it right, and that's why Ossanlin did eventually come to retrieve her. His argument was that the rebels should have done that from the beginning. Of course, that's easier said than done when someone has killed people you love.

As far as Terenia is concerned, she had her own reasons for convincing Corliss to wipe her memories. The indoctrination was...accidental, almost. But I'll let you figure that information out in character, rather than just rattle the whole story off here. If I do that, Efaen and Claxter won't have anything to talk about. :P

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #530 on: June 04, 2013, 10:57:59 PM »
Yeah I'd kind of like to know, but I'm aware that sometimes player knowledge can influence character knowledge. So it's kind of complicated. I do try to avoid it, though, like when I had that controller from the future try to make friends with Terenia. Chances were near zero that he'd dislike Terenia much. Even if he found out unsavory details, mainly because it was in the past, in an alternate dimension.

Claxter dislikes her because she's basically a second abomination that's responsible for just about everything wrong with her life. He'd also blame her for the death of the rebel Yeerks, since she invited Efaen just in the hopes of continuing to use her as a slave. Plus he has the hots for Efaen.

Still, even he is unlikely to kill her in cold blood unless someone forces it. 

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #531 on: June 04, 2013, 11:19:16 PM »
Terenia didn't invite Efaen along to use her as a host -- although that was her original intent. Terenia was human again when she joined the rebellion. Ossanlin gave her her humanity back before they left the bar. Efaen joined on her own. Once Terenia was fully human again, she didn't give a damn what Efaen did. She would have been happy if Efaen was on the other side of the galaxy.

Remember Efaen almost didn't join the rebels, and changed her mind at the last minute, back in the GESB? Well, part of the reason she changed her mind was because she realized that if she joined the rebels she might be able to undermine them -- to attack them in some way. She told Ossanlin she would work with them as a sort of liaison, but she was looking for sabotage the entire time. Of course, she doesn't remember any of that.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #532 on: June 05, 2013, 06:19:20 AM »
I remember Terenia originally wanting her just as a host, before she became Human again. Corliss knew this as well. Once that was out of the equation, they should have told Efaen the deal was off. They didn't, so it's largely their fault. Terenia knew Efaen well enough to know it was a bad idea. It just boggles the mind what happened.

Edit: Illim is beside himself with concern.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 08:07:15 AM by Chad30 »

Ani-Master 2014!

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #533 on: June 06, 2013, 12:01:10 AM »
Some of the responsibility also lies with Ossanlin.  He thoroughly encouraged Efaen to join the rebels.  He'd thought that time with the rebels would help flesh out the gray tones in her mind and show her that each individual of a species has his/her/its own mind and ambitions.  At the same time, it would've given Ossanlin a more-direct influence and insight into the Rebellion.  Something he'd wanted ever since Myitt had begun doing some unnecessary things of questionable morality.

He'd judged (incorrectly) that Efaen's devotion to the military, her own honor, and the important mission at hand would keep a reign on her zealous hatred of all Yeerks.  There are some...issues...wit h what happened, but we've sort of swept them under the carpet.  Ossanlin had some safeguards in place to help guard the safety of both Efaen and the Rebellion that were more or less ignored in the Tara/Jessi/Marie Rebellion RP because I wasn't personally involved, and there was no way to logically justify or corroborate what they'd RP'd with those safeguards in place.  It was basically a case of shoving a square peg really hard so it would eventually fit partially into a round hole, but then figuring out that it wouldn't fit no matter how hard it was pushed and deciding to tape a piece of paper over the hole and pretend it didn't exist instead.   :P
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 12:57:51 AM by Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin) »

RAF Silverblade

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #534 on: June 06, 2013, 07:00:35 AM »
Yeah I suppose Ossanlin is partly at fault too. It's all very messy.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #535 on: June 06, 2013, 05:48:08 PM »
Regardless of the safeguards in place, Efaen could have still done what she did. All that required was the morphing technology and a bit of xenophobia. It's more the aftermath that didn't necessarily fit, since she was supposed to be sending regular reports to Ossanlin and, obviously, could not do so once her memories were wiped. So he should have found out about the memory wipe sooner than he did (or at least that something was up) simply through the lack of reports.

But if we had made that pan out I wouldn't have been able to rp her at all...Ossanlin would have collected her immediately, and she would have probably been re-indoctrinated back into Andalite society and eventually ended up in exactly the same place that she was. I wanted her character to develop, rather than to go back to the same place in a different way, and that required exposure to the rebels after the memory wipe.

Of course that's all moot now. Ossanlin did collect her eventually, so short of this rp here I have no Efaen, and Marie no longer has access to the Yeerk character that infested her. She's...idk...on the Homeworld somewhere? Did we ever decide officially? For the purposes of this rp I presumed she was sent to the Homeworld and then eventually called upon to go to Corvus due to her knowledge of the rebellion, but I'm not sure if that's official or just for this rp.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #536 on: June 06, 2013, 05:56:46 PM »
Well at least we have this RP now, and I can see where the Claxter/Efaen relationship might go. Though obviously the 180 she did in loyalties has really put a strain on it. Though if she had stayed the same, their relationship may have still been strained since Claxter doesn't hate the rebels in general.

Ani-Master 2014!

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #537 on: June 06, 2013, 10:25:40 PM »
It was one of the things that we sort of just...glossed over.  Efaen would've been removed from Ossanlin's custody, I think that makes perfect sense.  After that, well I thought that whatever happened to her should and would be up to you, Jessi, since she's your character and all.  Frankly, I would've liked to have seen the Andalites allow her and Marie's nothlitized Andalite-form Yeerk stick together, but you do seem to have a penchant for being very very mean to your own characters.   :P

As for Marie's Andalite-Yeerk, there was never really any discussion.  I figured that should be up to her.  That's really an open book.  I'd be more than happy to reintegrate that character into this RP if Marie wants to.  He could've remained aboard the Tyrennian, though I assume he would've done his best to stick with Efaen, which would mean her character's story would be inescapably intermeshed with Efaen's.  After that...well...it's really up to Marie and you.  Perhaps he went through the Academy, or perhaps he managed to abscond in a stolen ship.  Those are merely two of the fairly unlimited possibilities available.  I remember having Ossanlin forge records for him so that no one would know that he wasn't actually an Andalite, so there shouldn't have been any restrictions on him on the Homeworld.  In fact, I think the plan was to say that he was a recovered MIA...again, there are a lot of possibilities there.

RAF Silverblade

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #538 on: June 06, 2013, 10:48:10 PM »
Yeah, I think we never really fleshed it out. Given the opportunity, Efaen would have wanted to remain as close to Arnash as possible, which may have been possible up until the moment Efaen was shipped to Corvus. Not really sure. Hmmm....I'll have to get with Marie and discuss. XD

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #539 on: June 06, 2013, 10:55:32 PM »
I'm not really sure how Claxter would handle it if Efaen was a controller. He did have at least one conversation with Efaen when she had Terenia in her head, and also kissed her if I recall correctly, but it's not like he was expecting Terenia to be in there indefinitely. Actually having a possible romantic relationship with a voluntary controller who intends to remain so indefinitely would be weird for him. Not that this situation promises a lot either.

Ani-Master 2014!