Author Topic: The Galactic War: Rogue Element OOC  (Read 101668 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: The Galactic War: Rogue Element OOC
« Reply #495 on: May 28, 2013, 07:50:13 PM »
Welcome back Myitt! :D

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #496 on: May 28, 2013, 08:55:16 PM »
Hey everyone.  I'm still here and still checking nearly every night.  Usually I'm waiting on posts from other characters, so just because I haven't posted doesn't mean I'm not here.

I've realized that no matter what I say or do, I will not be able to chivy the RP into moving any faster.   Believe me, I wish it would move faster, but I feel as though there's nothing I can do to foster that end.

I've begun considering the "Andalite Rebellion" option so that we can move a bit faster and get to use some of the Controller NPC's we've taken the time to craft, but I'm not quite that desperate yet.  Kinda looks like that's where it might be headed though.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 08:59:19 PM by Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin) »
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #497 on: May 28, 2013, 08:59:59 PM »
I'm really sorry. They just got out of finals week, and I guess they didn't take the opportunity to post up a storm to make up for it. I can't really say anything about it, since I don't know the details, but not everyone is like me. Not everyone spends much of most days sitting in front of a computer.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #498 on: June 02, 2013, 02:30:10 PM »
Okay. So....where is everyone located, roughly? I think Ossanlin is heading toward the bridge, Claxter is down the hall, and Tess and Keslin are busy dealing with the ship's saddest problem. Poor baby. :(

EDIT: Never mind. I got it. <3

« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 02:31:44 PM by Shenmue654 »

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #499 on: June 02, 2013, 05:51:16 PM »
So...enter Iksilon-Mirtareth-Vulx.  He's going to be a half-time anti-hero type character of mine.  I'll probably post a character sheet eventually.  He's...not a nice person.

I'm also thinking about relaxing the character limits so that those of us who are able to post on a regular basis have more options and can keep the story moving along...let me know what you guys think of that idea.

RAF Silverblade

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #500 on: June 02, 2013, 06:15:05 PM »
Would you mind if I made an Andalite character to post at Corvus? I've been thinking of making his personality the opposite of Claxter's. He would be unemotional and ruthless. Not so much evil, but he's in this war to win. Not to ponder the complexities of right and wrong.

Ani-Master 2014!

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #501 on: June 02, 2013, 06:27:17 PM »
That's certainly an option if you want, Chad.  But I have no real future plans for Corvus after Iksilon leaves, which he will be doing after Kyran "commits suicide."  I suppose if you wanted to take over the position of one of Iksilon's body-guards or one of his pilots or another influential member of Sector Seven, that could be an option as well.  Let me know what you want to do.  You could also make another character for the Tyrennian if you wanted.  I'm really trying to open up options to try and breathe some new life into the thread.

RAF Silverblade

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #502 on: June 02, 2013, 06:33:39 PM »
Sector Seven is going to have all sorts of fun little toys too.  Iksilon, for example, has bio-adaptable implants that enhance his sight, hearing, muscle-power, and fine motor control.  That happens to be why he was able to evade Kyran's sudden attack so easily.  Of course, that will be revealed in his next post along with a couple other neat little bits of tech.

RAF Silverblade

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #503 on: June 02, 2013, 06:50:23 PM »
Well, wherever Iksilon is going, I figured the Andalite loyalists would be working for him. I guess if implants are optional, maybe I could let my guy have a steel tail. All the better to rip right through Hork-Bajir blades. I'm not sure if it being able to block dracon fire would be realistic. Unless it was really wide, even putting it in front of the laser wouldn't block the whole blast.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 07:09:42 PM by Chad30 »

Ani-Master 2014!

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #504 on: June 02, 2013, 08:05:55 PM »
Hmm...probably wouldn't be a full tail...that wouldn't really work so well since it wouldn't be flexible...but perhaps a tail-blade modification?  Your character maybe cracked or broke his tail-blade somehow in his past, and then had it repaired with an alloyed, partially-prosthetic tail-blade?  His entire tail would look normal until you got to the blade which has been modified and enhanced?  He'd probably use a better alloy than steel though, I would assume.  Just a few ideas to mull around.  But if you are going to have your character have an implant(s), then he'd have to be someone either close to Iksilon (like a member of his personal squad), or another important/high-ranking member of Sector Seven.  The implants are kept on a very strict "high-rank/need-only" basis.  Also, keep in mind that a prosthetic that large wouldn't be bio-adaptable, meaning that if he morphed, he'd end up leaving the prosthetic behind.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 08:07:36 PM by Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin) »

RAF Silverblade

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #505 on: June 02, 2013, 08:18:53 PM »
I just meant the blade at the end. Not the whole tail. Lots of Andalites don't morph, so I could consider him one of the ones that just doesn't use the technology. I guess he could be part of the personal squad, but not if that would remove any possibility that he could change sides. Not that I specifically intend for him to, but I'd like to leave that open.

Steel was just a word for nonbiological.

Let's say his blade got broken or cut off, but he kept fighting without showing any fear, and it impressed Iksilon. He seems like the kind of guy that would appreciate a warrior that shows no emotion, and follows orders without question.

Ani-Master 2014!

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #506 on: June 02, 2013, 08:33:58 PM »
Sure, if you want.  There's always a chance that Iksilon would betray your character as well.  He truly and sincerely doesn't care.  Your character may have given years of his life to Iksilon's service and he'd still throw him under the bus if it would benefit him or Sector Seven.  That sort of betrayal can be a powerful catalyst.  I'm not saying that would happen, but it's certainly a possibility.

RAF Silverblade

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #507 on: June 02, 2013, 08:39:37 PM »
He'd be torn up about that. He is loyal to his people, and having his superior betray him would definitely make him question that whole "just fight, no questions asked" mentality.

Ani-Master 2014!

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #508 on: June 02, 2013, 08:51:13 PM »
He'd have to have excelled at something in the Academy too.  Likely with some sort of combat if he's a body-guard.  They don't invite just anyone to join Sector Seven.  He'd have had to have demonstrated at least some understanding of the propaganda campaign and its true purpose as well.  An ability to see beyond it and not be blinded by it like so many other Andalites.

RAF Silverblade

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #509 on: June 02, 2013, 08:56:37 PM »
He could perhaps be the Captain of Iksilon's personal guard, if you want.

RAF Silverblade