Author Topic: The Galactic War: Rogue Element OOC  (Read 101667 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: The Galactic War: Rogue Element OOC
« Reply #510 on: June 02, 2013, 08:56:57 PM »
Were you planning a different way for the Andalite characters to come into play? I don't know if I need him to be super special or anything, but I figured that's where the Andalite characters would come from that don't work for Oss.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #511 on: June 02, 2013, 09:17:56 PM »
Honestly I hadn't really thought about it.  That's something that's a long way down the line, especially at the pace we're going.  My advice is that aside from having him fill S.S's requirements, don't make too many plans...after all, we don't really know exactly what's going to happen.
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #512 on: June 02, 2013, 09:25:02 PM »
Ok. Maybe I'll just save him for later.

Ani-Master 2014!

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #513 on: June 03, 2013, 01:17:13 AM »
I didn't mean you had to abandon the character.  I just meant that you shouldn't plan out his future, or push him to fulfill a certain role for the sake of filling that role.  RP should be organic and dynamic as you well know.  Planning out a character's future just doesn't really work.  That's all I was saying.

RAF Silverblade

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #514 on: June 03, 2013, 08:59:55 AM »
No, I just meant maybe I wouldn't use him right now. When the time comes for a loyalist Andalite, that's who I will use. His role may just not be set in stone for now.

Sometimes when people write something for a book or show, they plan out everything in advance. Though they usually have control over all the characters.

Edit: It would be interesting if Andalites thought what happened to Efaen was typical of all the hosts.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 12:34:26 PM by Chad30 »

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #515 on: June 03, 2013, 12:49:12 PM »
Hmm, interesting. Ossanlin playing a really unpleasant creepy Andalite. Then again, it was fairly well-known that we'd be dealing with Sector Seven eventually. Fun stuff. <3

Off I go to post. :3

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #516 on: June 03, 2013, 06:04:12 PM »
I thought you might get a kick out of Iksilon, Kelly.   :P

RAF Silverblade

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #517 on: June 03, 2013, 06:54:11 PM »
I don't really know if or when I'd find out through roleplay, but I am curious about what kind of security lapse allowed Efaen to get to the barium, then to the pool with it. I guess I can understand if they were so ticked off that they decided to punish Efaen themselves, instead of handing her over to Ossanlin, but I'm confused about how she managed to do what she did.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #518 on: June 03, 2013, 07:33:41 PM »
I don't really know if or when I'd find out through roleplay, but I am curious about what kind of security lapse allowed Efaen to get to the barium, then to the pool with it. I guess I can understand if they were so ticked off that they decided to punish Efaen themselves, instead of handing her over to Ossanlin, but I'm confused about how she managed to do what she did.

I'll try to give you the short version.

The barium was being tested and kept on an asteroid near the rebel base, where primarily Illim and Corliss were working on developing it. Efaen used her Terenia morph to steal a ship and pretend to be Terenia visiting Corliss. When she got to the asteroid research base she demorphed and knocked Illim and Corliss unconscious and stole two or three vials of barium. That's also when she acquired morphs of Mike and Daniel.

When she made it back to base she used morphing as her weapon again. When she got into the pool room to dump the barium into the pool it was in a morph of Edith, who is the base's resident kid -- she was about 12 at the time and grew up there, so everyone presumed she was harmless. Her mother was also infested, so it wasn't strange for her to be by the pool, talking to her Yeerk mother. Efaen dumped the barium into the pool -- luckily Myitt was there and managed to quarantine the pool before it took complete effect (and also shoot Efaen up pretty badly). The barium still managed to kill or paralyze a significant number of Yeerks, though. Including Edith's mother.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #519 on: June 03, 2013, 07:40:39 PM »
I thought morphing might have something to do with it. At least they keep it off the base, though they obviously need some tighter security. I guess Terenia and Corliss got in some trouble for inviting her in the first place.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #520 on: June 03, 2013, 08:51:50 PM »
Not really. Reven approved Efaen's arrival on the base, otherwise she wouldn't have been there. There was a trial, in which Efaen was sentenced to death. Terenia and Corliss were also on trial some time later, but that was because they erased Efaen's memories, not due to the barium attack itself.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #521 on: June 03, 2013, 09:48:21 PM »
Who is the top neurosurgeon on the ship, anyway? Claxter would probably want to pay him a visit first.

Ani-Master 2014!

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #522 on: June 04, 2013, 01:04:03 AM »
The only medical staff still remaining on the Tyrennian is  the field medic, Varekil.

RAF Silverblade

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #523 on: June 04, 2013, 08:28:43 AM »
Ok, thanks for reminding me.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #524 on: June 04, 2013, 05:55:25 PM »
I was going to have Claxter suggest that Efaen just try looking through her stalk eyes alone to help her brain acclimate to them, and keep her from getting dizzy, but she didn't take the bait. Poo.

Ani-Master 2014!