Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar  (Read 196171 times)

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #5175 on: October 02, 2016, 07:09:59 PM »
Terenia's shoulders straighten, and Fayleth shoots Tara a glance. "And I never expected to see Myitt in a host who wasn't you," she responds. "I suppose neither of us know one another well yet."

To Keshin she offers a thin smile. "You'll likely agree as much as anyone that Terenia's tendencies when left on her own are a bit...well, destructive. She wanted me here, to help her." Her shoulders lift in a shrug.

Dalik watches Terenia with mild interest, but the blonde Controller is a stranger. He finds the turelek far more interesting than yet another rebel.

Sliding into the seat, Dalik waves the bartender over, ordering a fresh drink. He pauses, then on a whim, adds, "And another of what she's drinking," nodding to Keshin and Joanne. "On my coin."

<<So strange,>> he comments internally, struck by how easy it is to slip into a completely different set of habits.

While he waits for the bartender to retrieve their drinks, he listens to Myitt and Keshin. A small smile plays across William's face at the bounty hunter's words. "I'd love to hear more about these...skills of yours." Some instinct of William's leads Dalik to pause before the word 'skills', to emphasize it ever so slightly, to give Keshin the faintest of smiles and a quick, almost imperceptible glance down her body before returning his gaze to her eyes.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 07:15:27 PM by Terenia »

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #5176 on: October 03, 2016, 06:57:48 PM »
Myitt hesitates.

<<I could kill him now,>> she muses, smiling back at Keshin. <<That's what you're telling me. I can see it very clearly, you know. It'd be so easy to do.>>

Tara clears her throat. "Uh, Myitt? We doing this, or what?" She grins a little too exuberantly, giving those around her a hasty side-eye.

"Hmm?" Myitt says, blinking and looking over at Tara. "Just a minute, 'kay, kid?" She nods at Keshin. "Tell me what you've been up to lately. If we can't rewind the clock, we can at least move forward, eh?"

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5177 on: October 04, 2016, 02:08:48 PM »
<<Exactly. Neither of them would see it coming. I don't get the impression you're the trigger-happy type normally. Five seconds caught off guard and you'd have your revenge, Yeerk. And while I can't say it exactly tastes as sweet as you expect, maybe it'll shake you out of being haunted. Chasing ghosts around doesn't change a thing, you know?>>

Damn if he didn't know that better than anyone.

<<But...it's up to you.>>
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keshin raises an eyebrow with a slight smile. "Well. I wouldn't go so far as to say I am skilled in every domain. However, I am known for my speed and flexibility among bounty hunter circles. You might say I can get the job done efficiently and relatively quickly, although the reason they call me "Static Shock" has long since become mostly unusable."

<<Enough innuendo for one sentence, Kess?>>

<<This is your fault to start with.>>

Keshin notes Myitt's statement and sighs. "Same old same old, although it becomes more difficult with every passing day. We killed Visser Thirty not that long ago--- Yes we were involved with that--- And we retrieved supplies for various outliers and pirates across the stars. The money from the Empire is always a little better, but our leads on that end have been going stale." Keshin frowned. "...I think they're having to divert more funds to the Yeerk invasion of Earth. Something is going on over there."

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #5178 on: October 04, 2016, 11:31:03 PM »
"Let me guess," Myitt drawls. "More rumors about Andalites on that planet. Let me tell you, if there really were Andalites on Earth, don't you think we'd know about it?"

She looks Keshin over.

"Visser Thirty," she says dryly. "That was a messy job."

<<She would kill me, if she had the chance,>> Myitt starts to rationalize.

Tara stares incredulously.

"I can't believe it," she says, gawking at Myitt, then at Terenia. "Like they're old...like they're old pals, is anyone else hearing this?"

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5179 on: October 05, 2016, 08:28:26 PM »
<<She would kill you if you got in her way. Everybody at the tables have been talking about how this chick's a bounty hunter, a smooth criminal and a smooth talker. If that's true, than the only difference between her and an assassin is assassins, the ones I knew, had standards. They'd only take certain jobs, the ones they like. A bounty hunter'll do anything and kill everyone, one minute your friend--- The next--- Your enemy.>>

Jeffrey's mind flashes to an image as soon as he says the word "assassin"--- A girl with monochrome hair, half-black and half-white,  She was rolling her eyes at him.

<<Go right on ahead, Yeerk. You won't get another chance.>>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Not if they were any good at their jobs," says Keshin, a bit bemused, sipping his drink. "An Andalite Prince and a few Warriors with even an ounce of competence would be trying to keep a low profile. Although human taste buds might do them in."

Keshin glances a bit sideways at Myitt. "...Agreed on Visser Thirty, too, although it's not exactly appreciated. I made too many mistakes with my exit."

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #5180 on: October 05, 2016, 09:20:21 PM »
"Efficiently and quickly, unless it's Visser Thirty, then," Dalik says with a wry smile, shooting Myitt a glance before returning his attention to Keshin.

<<What's a Visser Thirty?>> William asks.

"Though I must admit," Dalik continues, "being able to ensure the destruction of any Visser is...well...many turelek would not even take the job. You must have been paid well." His eyebrows lift. "And you must be every bit as good at your job as you say you are."

The bartender returns with two glasses. He sets one in front of Dalik and the other in front of Keshin.

Terenia--or Fayleth--looks from Tara to Keshin, then shakes her head. "I'm not getting involved," she says firmly. "Terenia has gotten herself in more than enough messes in this place."

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #5181 on: October 05, 2016, 09:57:12 PM »
Myitt swallows, a strange chill coming over her.

I can't do this, it says, tremulously.

<<How do I do it?>> she asks Jeffrey in a cold and clinical tone.

Tara drops her arms to her sides.

"This is completely ****in' nuts," she says, exasperated.

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #5182 on: October 05, 2016, 10:45:04 PM »
Dalik takes a long sip of his drink, blinking in surprise at the taste of the ale. Cameron was too young to have developed a taste for alcohol, but to William's senses the heavy, dark drink is comforting.

Licking his lips, he chances a glance up at Myitt. "You alright?" he asks, frowning a little at her expression.

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #5183 on: October 05, 2016, 10:50:22 PM »
"Fine," says Myitt, off-handed, blinking somewhat out of her reverie. Inside Jeffrey's mind, she pulls up exactly which memories she needs to do it, before she loses the druglike nerve.

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5184 on: October 06, 2016, 09:37:27 AM »
Jeffrey's memories show Myitt where his knives are and exactly how to use them to slit someone's throat and kill them within two minutes, as long as the person does not move to counter. <<They always say, 'Don't bring a knife to a gun fight,' but nobody gets that knives are faster, and waaaay more unpredictable. Nobody expects you to pull a knife when you're right in front of 'em, just like nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!>> Jeffrey giggles. He almost couldn't wait to see what would happen, to have his finger right on the pulse of the end of an ugly feud between space drifters.

<<End this. With this, they'll never kill anyone else's friend again. No one else has to die.>>

It was as if Mind Melter were, indeed, offering his hand so that Myitt could jump to his side between two buildings, his lips curled into a twisted smile and his body poised to strike, underneath a glimmering gold masquerade mask and flamboyant purple clothes. Void tries to turn away, but as always, he can't. The potential for bloodshed is too enticing to him.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I guess I'm a fairly popular bounty hunter in certain circles," says Keshin, adjusting his stance in his chair. He gives and Dalik William another look of appraisal, as if trying to figure out where Dalik is going with this. It isn't often that someone compliments the skill of a turelek. "And we have been at this for at least four or five years, and still aren't dead. You pick up a few things."

Keshin frowns at Myitt. "...wait. Is something wrong with that host? He does look a little strange, doesn't he?"

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #5185 on: October 06, 2016, 01:05:15 PM »
Ossanlin watches, raising his eyebrows at Joanne and Keshin making entry.  How far they'd changed with the Rogue Element...how good they'd become.  Should he approach them or not?  After all, they had tried to kill him once.  Most likely they were the same now as they had been back then, never having had the life-changing experiences with the Rogue Element.  And yet, his eyes are open to the goodness these two could be capable of.

He takes a deep breath and trots over to the table where Joanne and Keshin, and Myitt are sitting.  Terenia he simply ignores completely, filing her away as if she doesn't even exist.  <Afternoon Joanne...Kess...>
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #5186 on: October 06, 2016, 01:18:23 PM »
Myitt struggles internally, faltering.

<<I...I don't know if I can,>> says Myitt weakly.

Some of the tension drains from her when Ossanlin approaches, and she gives herself a mental slap across the face. What am I thinking? she demands. This isn't a battle. This isn't like me.

"Yeah, I'm...I'm fine," Myitt breathes aloud, smiling shakily. "Sorry. Just...weird, being in this body."

Tara scoffs, stepping aside to let Ossanlin through. "Yeah, that's why I'm telling you to come back, duh?" She grins at Ossanlin. "Heya, Ozzy. Been a while since we actually talked."

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #5187 on: October 06, 2016, 01:25:50 PM »
Ossanlin glances at Tara, smiling a bit.  <Hello, Tara.  It has.  Longer for you than for me from my perspective.>  He attempts to not feel out of place...he'd felt out of place ever since the timestream shift.  But every time he sees someone else from his other past, the feelings of regret and remorse creep back into him.  Yes, he'd saved many rebel lives with what he'd done, but had he had the right to so change the lives of literally everyone?  Joanne and Kess...Joanne had been cured and Kess had become a loyal friend committed to fighting for a cause instead of money, their need for Joanne's drug having evaporated with the curing of her condition.  Perhaps....perhaps he could repeat that.  Maybe, in this place, with his greater connection...

He shifts his gaze to Myitt and Jeffrey.  <You should leave him, Myitt.  He's insane.  I've...glimpsed...por tions of his past and his character.  He is very unwell.>
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 01:39:27 PM by Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin) »

RAF Silverblade

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #5188 on: October 06, 2016, 01:29:30 PM »
"Hmm?" Myitt looks over at Ossanlin, as if noticing him for the first time. "Yeah, I think...I think maybe you're right."

Tara waves her over. "Will you just quit waffling and get over here?" She eyes Ossanlin. "Do you see what I have to live with?"

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #5189 on: October 06, 2016, 01:35:14 PM »
<Grief is a powerful drug.>  He glances back at Tara.  <It can make you do things.  Things you wouldn't normally otherwise do.>  He shifts his eyes back to Jeffrey and Myitt momentarily before shifting back to Tara.  <Myitt is not herself right now.  And in her unstable, addled condition, being inside that is certainly not helping matters.  His mind is...disturbing, to say the least.>

RAF Silverblade