Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar  (Read 196161 times)

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #5190 on: October 06, 2016, 02:30:42 PM »
As Jeffrey's arousal nearly spills over his mind, something happens to change the direction of the impending chaos. Something he didn't expect. The...The Andalite--- Jeffrey kept mentally having to stop himself from thinking "DerekDerekDerek, Prospero, the paladin, The War-Prince..." This line of thinking was important, he knew it was, there was something to this that he didn't see, but it was like it was just out of his grasp---touching just the tips of his fingers. The same way he had felt when he was dead, and he met the Grey Lady.

But what mattered now was that the Andalite was attempting to stop him. Jeffrey scoffs. <<Tch, what's the blue deer know anyway? I mean you already went over the fact that he was gone for all of this, and hell he could've stopped all of it, with his magic Chronos powers---but he didn't. He didn't give a ****. Am I crazy? Sure! Is violence the answer? Well it's the fun answer. But am I wrong? I don't think so.>>

Jeffrey internally grumbles. <<But fine, okay, let the Master-****ing bounty hunter live to kill somebody else you care about.>>
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keshin glances over at Ossanlin dubiously, a bit miffed. "War-Prince Ossanlin. Greetings. You know that I only let Joanne call me 'Kess,' don't you? And I'm certainly not familiar enough with anyone else."

Keshin follows Ossanlin's statements about grief and looks, a bit perplexed, at Myitt. He doesn't know what Myitt's been through since last he saw the Peace Movement, but whatever it was must have broken the iron-clad will of the sarcastic Yeerk he was familiar with. She seems off-balance all of a sudden, wavering, now that the Andalite has arrived. "Definitely weird," says Keshin calmly. "If you aren't feeling well, you should switch back as soon as you can, yes? We can always continue our conversation in more amicable bodies."

<<I don't like this. Wanna go on the defense, Kess?>>

<<I think that the Andalite has it in hand.>>

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #5191 on: October 06, 2016, 02:55:37 PM »
"My husband died," Myitt mutters flatly. Admitting that out loud again just sends another wave of grief through her, amplified by Jeffrey's bizarre and unnerving thoughts. She glances up at Keshin. "Would you rather I let him go free? He is..." She eyes Ossanlin briefly. "...As you say, dangerous."

<<I have control over this,>> she tells Jeffrey. Or herself.

She exhales shakily again, the tremors from...are they from Jeffrey? The oatmeal? The alcohol? Just barely there. Barely noticeable.

Tara snaps her fingers in front of Jeffrey's face. "Hey. Buddy." She points at her own skull. "Yes?" Her gaze wanders down Jeffrey's body. "If he tries anything, we'll take him. Right? We can totally take him."

Myitt's hand brushes against the form of one of the knives in Jeffrey's uniform. It was strangely comforting, and maybe more than that. Exciting? Enticing?

She swallows hard. "I had too much," she tells herself with a half-hearted smile. That's why. That's why I've gotta do it.

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #5192 on: October 06, 2016, 05:21:24 PM »
When Myitt says she is fine, Dalik frowns. "You're lying," Dalik says with utter certainty.

<<He is,>> William verifies.

<<I know. I don't know how I know, but I do.>> He watches Myitt's expression. <<He wants to cause pain. To the bounty hunter? Well, I can understand that, at least. Turelek don't make many friends. But why, exactly?>>

<<Welcome to my life,>> William says, amused. <<It's one thing to understand intention, it's completely different to delve into motivation. I can't do that. Not yet, at least.>> He pauses, letting that sink in. <<Now, the real question is, will you intervene? Or watch it happen? It may be fun to watch. It would be a shame to see the bounty hunter hurt, though. She is quite lovely, isn't she?>>

William's cheeks grow hot as Dalik sneaks another glance and Keshin and Joanne, catching the end of her response. Before Dalik can respond, Ossanlin shows up. Dalik closes his mouth, listening intently.

"I think Ossanlin is right," Fayleth says, finally having calmed Terenia's angry heartrate down. She glances at the Andalite, then at Myitt. "You should return to Tara. This new body...you're not accustomed to it. Besides, I thought you and Tara were inseparable. Why did you even infest this man to begin with?"
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 05:24:17 PM by Terenia »

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #5193 on: October 06, 2016, 05:54:58 PM »
Myitt nods slowly. "I wanted to be with him," she says, convincing herself. She smiles at Terenia and Fayleth.

Then in a quick movement she draws the knife, using all of Jeffrey's skill and speed, point blank.

She has just enough time to marvel at how easy it was to draw the blade across Keshin's throat, before she questions what she is doing. The knife slashes toward and across Joanne's pale and unprotected skin.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 06:02:14 PM by Myitt »

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #5194 on: October 06, 2016, 06:27:49 PM »
<I'm sorry, Keshin...I didn't mean to intrude.  I knew...someone very much like you recently.  We were...friends.  It was so unlikely that we were friends but he...they showed me that even the bitterest of enemies can become friends.  And they showed me that even the most merciless turulek can have good hearts.  I...trusted this friend very much.>  He falls silent a moment, feeling the tension in the room.  Something was definitely wrong.  His stalk eyes continue to scan the room, but one catches Jeffrey making some strange motions.  <Anyway, Keshin...Joanne...I just wanted to say I forgive y-...>

Suddenly Jeffrey's arm lashes out, metal glinting.  Ossanlin whips his tail forward quick as lightning.  He aims to slap the knife down to the table with the flat of his blade, but the human is fast and there's no guarantee that Ossanlin wouldn't hit the fingers or hand instead.  In addition, the necessary speed would not guarantee that the blade hit completely flat, or that it would not at least leave a cut on Jeffrey's hand if it were to impact there.

Simultaneously he draws his Shredder set to high stun, moving to level it at Jeffrey as his tail strikes.
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5195 on: October 06, 2016, 07:59:34 PM »
Keshin stares with surprise, and a hint of confusion, as Ossanlin told his story. There was something about the strange way that the Andalite was speaking that suggested that he did mean Keshin and Joanne themselves. But of course that was impossible-- While they had once met Ossanlin in the GESB, they had come to blows last time they met. He had harbored such venom for them.

<<Maybe he really did meet someone, you know? Sounds like this friend of his is dead though. Piss poor luc--- Hey, hold on.>> Keshin sees it, too. Myitt's movements in Jeffrey were very strange.

But before Keshin has time to react, and just as Ossanlin seems to be saying he forgives them, Jeffrey lunges out with his blade out of nowhere. Joanne turns away and tries to push herself back, but she has less than a second--- The knife cuts harshly into the side of Joanne's shoulder and part of her neck. It doesn't hit a nerve, luckily, but it is deep. Joanne cries out in pain and tumbles off the bar stool and onto the ground, her blood pooling onto the floor. Joanne looks up and hears a sound which she knows is the insanely fast strike of an Andalite tail blade. <<Ossan....lin?>>

In almost the same moment, Jeffrey's glee reaches its height as Myitt attacks, the rush of killing someone coming back to him. ...Killing someone. Egging someone on to kill a woman he didn't even know, just because it would be fun. Just because it would bring a little color back into his face. A nagging feeling tells him this is wrong, but it doesn't last for more than a second before it's swallowed by the rest of him. Jeffrey hears an impossibly fast *Thwapp* or whistling sound as something comes through the air towards his hand seconds later.

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #5196 on: October 06, 2016, 08:50:24 PM »
Dalik is about to respond to William's internal commentary, but a sudden blur of motion and spray of red stop him in his tracks. He watches in mingled fascination and horror as the woman he had been tentatively flirting with falls to the floor. He jumps back just in time to avoid being perilously close to the Andalite tail blade, scrambling for his Dracon.

<<What a lovely shade of red,>> William comments, his casual observation of Joanne's suddenly dire predicament almost more horrifying than the scenario itself.

<<What is wrong with you?>> Dalik demands. He unholsters his weapon, clutching it tightly with one hand. Rather than attack Myitt, though, drops to his knees beside Joanne.

"You're going to bleed out," he says, voice distant and strangely matter-of-fact. He hesitates for a brief second, then abandons his Dracon as quickly as he pulled it, shoving it back into his holster and tugging his linen shirt over his head.

<<Must you? I'll never get the bloodstains out,>> William complains. Dalik ignores him, balling the fabric up and forcibly pressing it to the wound.

Fayleth lets out a cry of alarm, registering the movement and injury seconds after it happens. She takes a step back, then freezes, goosebumps breaking out along her skin. The sight of a tail blade in motion, the turelek with part of its neck laid open, all of it sends Terenia's mind lurching into a memory she can't force back.

"You are not my sister," Terenia says, addressing a crying, begging human girl completely identical to her in every way. Fayleth senses Terenia's surprise that her voice sounds slightly choked, despite the fury that is forefront, "My sister trusted me. My sister loved me. She didn't try to kill me just for trying to protect her!" Terenia pauses, gasping slightly, and turns slightly away from the sobbing figure on the ground. "I set out to save you, to protect you. But I see now that you are beyond that." One hand balls into an angry fist, and for a moment it looks as if she is going to attack Tamora right then and there, weaponless and all, "I gave up five years for you!"

Then Terenia takes a step away. She glances over her shoulder, fixing Ossanlin with a steady gaze - accusatory, almost - as she begins to demorph. This remembered version of Ossanlin is different from the one in the bar today. He is in morph, watching the scenario play out. Nevertheless, Fayleth knows who it is, and can feel a low, simmering hatred for the Andalite, even as Terenia herself morphs. Her skin darkens and sprouts purple fur, her arms weaken and legs strengthen. Two additional legs protrude from her chest and her body shifts into two main segments. Stalks grow from her head and her mouth disappears. Her eyes lose their tear ducts, something for which Terenia is grateful. Finally, the last change appears. Her tail curves upward, the scynthe-like blade glinting dangerously.

During the morphing process the crying girl, Tamora of course, has not moved, except to shiver and cry. Her constant prayer of, "please, oh God please don't! Please...please..." heightens in volume as Terenia approaches in her Andalite form. To Ossanlin she gives a little nod; acceptance of her role as the one to pass judgment on Tamora.

<Sorry, Tammy,> Terenia says in a whisper, firing the muscles in her tail.

A Hork-Bajir tries to intervene, the force of his shove pushing her back. But it isn't enough. Every time she relives the memory, she wants it to be enough. It never is.

Terenia turns her gaze to Ossanlin's morphed face instead of the bloody, silent mess at his feet. She quickly begins to change, running from her Andalite self and returning to her human form - a replica built from Tamora's own DNA.

"There." Terenia says as soon as her mouth and vocal chords reform, "I hope you are happy, Andalite." Her voice is taut and stiff, her face blank. As she turns and walks away from the small crowd it is clear that something has broken.

"Oh, by the Kandrona," Fayleth whispers, her stomach suddenly revolting. She sucks in a breath and leans onto the bar, Terenia's vision swimming at the stark memory.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 09:42:24 PM by Terenia »

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #5197 on: October 06, 2016, 09:30:23 PM »
Myitt, driven by Jeffrey's bloodlust and adrenaline, is still driving the deadly force of the knife towards Joanne with all of Jeffrey's body strength.

Until Ossanlin's blade knocks the knife clean from his right hand, bruising it and opening a long slice on its back.

Myitt staggers, recovers, and turns her attention on him. She hisses, "Back the **** off, Ossanlin!"
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 09:35:13 PM by Myitt »

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #5198 on: October 06, 2016, 09:49:49 PM »
Ossanlin finds himself lowering the shredder and starting to back away.  After all this wasn't his fight....no...no no no.  Damn those powers of suggestion.  He levels his Shredder directly at Jeffrey's chest and squeezes the trigger, firing a sizzling high-stun bolt of Shredder energy straight at Jeffrey's body.  <She needs medical attention.>  His statement of the obvious doesn't seem to register to himself.

RAF Silverblade

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #5199 on: October 06, 2016, 09:55:18 PM »
"Ossanlin, don't!" Tara cries.

The Shredder shot hits Jeffrey square, and Myitt finds herself abruptly crumpled to the floor, her temporary host out cold.

And in the seconds of hazy, dark silence that follow, Myitt whispers, <<What have I done?>>

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5200 on: October 06, 2016, 10:05:36 PM »
Joanne gasps on the floor, desperately trying to retain consciousness. If she loses consciousness here, she might die, and she and Keshin are both abundantly aware of this. They have been here many times. Joanne looks up at Dalik desperately, scrabbling for his arm but somehow failing to even touch him. Joanne watches and winces as Dalik begins to attempt to help her, nodding rapidly, grateful that he took an action.

Joanne sucks in as many breaths as she can, trying to focus. What had just happened? Myitt...attacked her out of nowhere? And then Ossanlin stopped her, just moments ago....She can't form her thoughts together.

<<Focus on something, anything. Stay awake!>>

<<I...I can't...>>

<<You need to try!>>

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #5201 on: October 06, 2016, 10:24:09 PM »
<I have a fully functional medbay in the Mirage.  Bring them.>  Ossanlin glances at Tara.  <You can take care of her?>  He glances at Jeffrey's unconscious body.  <Myitt, if you're still conscious, Tara will be looking after you.>

He glances again at Dalik.  <I'm sure that host is capable of carrying Joanne's slight weight.>  He holsters his shredder, turning toward the exit of the bar.  He sends a thought-speech command to his ship, instructing it to lift off and land near the bar.  The engine flares can be heard outside as the ship complies with his command.

RAF Silverblade

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #5202 on: October 06, 2016, 10:40:10 PM »
Dalik looks up at the Andalite, the fingers of his right hand digging into the quickly dampening fabric of the shirt. His left hand has somehow found its way into Joanne's hair, pulling her closer, as if he could simply hold her together.

"I can, but if I move her she may lose blood more quickly," he says. "Do you have the technology to put her in stasis?" He doesn't move from her side, dropping his gaze back to her, taking note of her paling features, her distant gaze.

"Keshin," he says quietly. "You need to leave her. If she dies, you die. Get out while you can. I'll do what I can to save her."

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #5203 on: October 06, 2016, 10:49:11 PM »
Tara crouches next to Jeffrey, slapping lightly at his cheek. "Wake up," she says desperately. "Hey, Myitt, wake up! At least leave him? Myitt, can you hear me? Come back, please?" She bites her lip, shoulders sinking as she stares down at Jeffrey's limp form.

She looks over at Joanne, and at all the blood, and her stomach twists. "****," she says, looking up at Ossanlin and Terenia. "I--I can take care of Myitt, yes, but..." She nods at Joanne again, at a loss.

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5204 on: October 06, 2016, 10:59:23 PM »
<<What! But I can't! I can't leave her alone! I can't leave her to suffer alone in--->>

<<Kess, it's okay.>>

Keshin's fear stopped in surprise.

<<...Because you're comin' back, right? You always find a way. You'd never leave me behind.>>

Keshin falls silent, and lets the pitch black darkness envelop him as he disconnects from Joanne's brain, and slowly begins to exit from Joanne's brain. Overcome by the most basic drive of the Yeerk mind--- The drive to live. Overcome with the feeling that Joanne could die, and that he was a coward, even though the cowardice was natural.