Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar  (Read 196183 times)

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #5145 on: September 19, 2016, 12:08:04 AM »
Myitt pauses in the middle of the shipyard, peering around in the semi-gloom.

"You're right," she whispers aloud. "It is beautiful." She spares the stars a glance. "We'll have an astronomy lesson...later."

Distracted by Jeffrey's thoughts, she walks on through the gravel lot, weaving between derelict ships.

--

"Don't know," says Tara tersely, leaning cautiously out the hatchway, a few feet from Dalik and Cameron, now. "Once they see us lit up like this, they'll notice us."

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5146 on: September 19, 2016, 08:13:58 PM »
<<Hey, check it out, yeah? There's some kind of light out there.>> She had to see it. I mean, he was looking at it.

<<Think that's what we're looking for? Be ready to rock in five Han Solo--- Five seconds, really.>>
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A glimmer of light shot across the sky above the Bar for a moment, and then grew until two ship headlights could be seen. The source was a Bug fighter, although the craft looked like it had seen much better days. There were spots on both the hull and even the glass where signs of last-minute patch jobs could be seen, and the red glow of the engines was far dimmed as compared to Imperial factory standard. But nonetheless the fighter did its job, puttering down for a landing in one of the open parking spaces near the Bar. The Bar waited in a near-anticipatory silence. These two were known for making things more interesting.

Keshin flipped off the last of the dials on the ship's bridge (Or what passed for one in a Bug fighter) and sighed, rubbing a hand through Joanne's messy mane of brown hair. "****," he said, pressing a button on the console to power down the fighter and another to open up the ramp to the outside world. "I can't believe I let you talk me into coming back to this little slice of hell."

<<Oh cumon, Kess! It ain't gonna be so bad! One round a' drinks for the road, an' we're good to go, y'know? >>

"Maybe," said Keshin, smiling despite himself and hopping with a thud onto the ramp. The two of them walked out into the always-perfectly-brisk night air of the asteroid, minus the exhaust coming from the other ships. Keshin looked around with a hint of interest. <<More people here than usual, today.>>

<<How can you even tell? Y'know some of these damn ships've been here for a Gen.>>

<<Some of them look nearly fresh. They haven't rusted.>>

Keshin started off in the direction of the Bar, keeping up a fast pace. Being outside the building had never exactly gone well in the past for either of them.

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #5147 on: September 19, 2016, 10:31:56 PM »
<<What?>> Myitt, distracted by the search for Dalik's ship - or any sign of Cameron and Tara at all - blinks into focus as the light cruises across the sky.

She stares a moment. <<It's a Bug fighter,>> she says, Jeffrey's lips quirking into a frown.

As the ship settles down yards away, near the front of the bar, Jeffrey's stomach twists. <<Don't like it.>>

Myitt looks back out at the shipyard.

She cups her hands to her mouth and yells, "Cameron! Where the hell are you?" Swallowing, she pauses and adds hoarsely, "Tara! What the ****, man? Where are you!"

---

Tara's eyes widen. "It's Myitt," she tells Dalik, turning back in towards the cabin interior. "Weird as hell. She sounds like some guy." She grins back at Dalik. "But she can help us move Cameron, or wake her up, or whatever you want."

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #5148 on: September 20, 2016, 12:34:58 AM »
Dalik winces, then narrows his eyes. "Does she have any adrenaline cylinders?" he asks. "Because if not, I'm not interested." He glances back at Cameron, still unconscious on the floor, then back to the open hatchway. "Besides, that guy she infested gives me the creeps."
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 11:51:57 PM by Terenia »

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5149 on: September 21, 2016, 07:29:44 PM »
<<Dammit, are they trying to flipping avoid us? Is that it? How easy can it be to hide in a shipyard? I mean granted it's bigger than you'd think, but still! It's a mall's outside parking lot!>> Jeffrey gets the vague impression that the thing expanded and contracted depending on how many people it expected to come. Myitt had seen it smaller before.

Jeffrey sees, at a slight distance, a woman walking purposefully toward the Bar. <<Huh. Not her. Different outfit.>>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keshin continues to cross the shipyard, disinterestedly noting that there are other people on the grounds out of the corner of his eye.

<<Not interested?>>

<<Not yet. We're better off surrounded by drunk people, and anyone still outside is currently sober.>>

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #5150 on: September 24, 2016, 11:31:29 PM »
Myitt freezes. "No ****in' way," she breathes, staring back in the direction of the bar entrance.

Slowly she turns back to the ship. "Tara! Cameron! Jesus--look, it's a...it's a ****ing...turelek situation, okay? Get out here!"

--

"Uh..." Tara steps back and nods to Dalik. "I gotta go. Now." And she disappears out the hatch and down the ramp.

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #5151 on: September 24, 2016, 11:57:08 PM »
Dalik freezes. "Did he say turelek?" he demands, but Tara is already gone. He curses, unholstering the Dracon. A quick glance back assures him that Cameron is still unconscious.

<<What's a turelek?>> William demands.

<<Nothing good,>> Dalik responds, following Tara off the ramp. When he reaches the bottom he glances up and calls in Yeerkish. The ramp retracts and the hatch seals tight.

<<What about the girl?>>

<<I'll reinfest her later. I locked the door and she can't speak Yeerkish well enough without my help,>> he says, turning to look around the shipyard for Tara. <<There's no way I'm sitting in an unconscious host while a turelek wanders about.>>

Jumping into motion, he hurries after Tara, weapon at his side.

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #5152 on: September 25, 2016, 12:03:20 AM »
"Myitt!" Tara calls, jogging up to Jeffrey. "Let's get the hell outta here, yeah?"

Myitt draws Tara into a quick hug. "Don't run off like that, kid, you scare me half to death," she says affectionately. "Who got shot?"

Tara shrugs. "I just stunned her. Cameron. She...wasn't cooperating." She smiles sheepishly. "So. Anyone we know?"

Myitt glances back at the front of the bar. "Yeah," she says flatly. "Someone I have more than a few words for." She starts back toward the bar.

"Wait, what?" Tara stands there, stupefied. "You're not seriously going towards the bounty hunter? Myitt? Hello! That's the opposite direction! Myitt!"

And she jogs off after her.

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5153 on: September 26, 2016, 04:36:10 PM »
<<What's a turelek, anyway? And why are we trying to catch up with this one? You mentioned something about a goddamn bounty hunter? Normal people run to things we're trying to get and away from bounty hunters.>>
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keshin continues to walk at an even pace towards the Bar's entrance, unharried and calm. It was always a clear night at the Bar, and it was nice to be in less of a hurry than he normally was. <<So far, a conspicuous lack of random chaos. Excell--->> Keshin's ears perk up as he suddenly turns around, coming face to face with...some guy? He's well-dressed and looks pretty angry. Following him at a distance was, clearly, Myitt One-Nine-Five.

There was an internal eyeroll. <<Christ. You were sayin'?>>

<<It was your idea to come here. Did you forget that in the past twenty seconds?>>

<<....>>

Keshin adopts an almost reflexive smirk on his face, one hand on Joanne's hip.

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #5154 on: September 26, 2016, 04:49:19 PM »
<<You're looking at a turelek, kid,>> says Myitt flatly, as they approach Keshin and Joanne. <<This one, I've got words for this one.>>

Tara, out of breath, weaves around the last of the ships and after Jeffrey and Myitt, still a few yards back.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Myitt demands of Keshin and Joanne. She jabs a finger at them, Jeffrey's eyes narrowing coldly. "You have some nerve, showing your face here after what you did to Hadrin. I outta wipe that smug look off your face, do you know that?"

Tara paces to a stop next to Jeffrey, holding her knees. She gestures with an index finger for them to pause the conversation, though she just focuses on breathing, head down.

"Goddamn I'm feeling that..." She swallows. "...last surgery."

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5155 on: September 26, 2016, 04:56:14 PM »
<<This lady's pissed you off at some point, huh? Killed a guy. Heehee, Boba Fett and his murder gun--- >> Jeffrey cuts off the thought before it continues.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keshin is a bit flustered. His confident posture wavers. "Wait, what? I don't even know you. Are you from the rebellion? I didn't think rebellion members dressed like that. ...I mean how would you even be aware of the fact that I killed---"

Keshin pauses. "...ah. Are you two separated?" He pointed between Jeffrey's head and Tara's body.

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #5156 on: September 26, 2016, 05:02:13 PM »
Myitt hooks one of Jeffrey's arms under Tara's and helps her friend up. "Here, stop running so much, you're gonna make it worse," she murmurs gently.

"Don't run off and make me have to chase you!" Tara protests, making eye contact with Keshin. She salutes him. "Hi. Yeah, she's in this guy." Tara stands fully and pats Jeffrey hard on the back.

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5157 on: September 26, 2016, 06:45:57 PM »
Keshin raises an eyebrow. "O...Kay then," he says. He smiles at the absurdity of it all, for a bit. "Fine. With that in mind..."

Keshin sighs. "Myitt, it's a Bar. A Bar I was nearly killed at during that incident,  I might add. I have come to relax, not for a job, and for that purpose I have as much right to be here as anyone."

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #5158 on: September 26, 2016, 10:41:41 PM »
<<Yes, she pissed me off,>> Myitt murmurs to Jeffrey. <<She killed my friends.>>

Her lip curls as she addresses Keshin. "Not while I'm here. Come on, Tara, let's go."

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #5159 on: September 26, 2016, 10:46:03 PM »
Tara has a head start, but William's long legs allow Dalik to catch up quickly. He skids to a stop just out of sight of the small group, ducking behind a battered ship hull.

<<What in the name of God is going on?>> William demands. <<I thought you wanted the girl back! And really, I'm getting quite tired of having you in my head. You're welcome to leave anytime.>>

<<Hush,>> Dalik responds icily. <<Let me focus.>> He listens to the conversation, eyes closed as he tries to place who is talking. He recognizes the gasping breaths of what must be Tara, after her run. The other voice comes from Jeffrey -- so Myitt had made it as well. The third voice, female, is unrecognizable.

<<Turelek,>> Dalik hisses. His hand drifts to the weapon at his side.

<<Yes, I've gathered that much,>> William responds dryly. <<Care to explain what that means?>>

<<Assassin,>> Dalik clarifies, inching closer, straining his ears. <<Bounty hunter. They're useful at times, but utterly self-serving. They're completely lawless. They don't follow the Empire, the Peace Movement, or the rebellion.>>

<<So...free agents,>> William discerns. <<Isn't that kind of what you said you do?>>

A flush rises to Dalik's cheeks. <<It's completely different!>> he snaps.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 10:47:37 PM by Terenia »