Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar  (Read 196179 times)

guitarhero01234

Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #5130 on: September 10, 2016, 02:04:38 AM »
Merc eyes the cigarette suspiciously. "A rollie?" he intones. There's no doubt in his mind it isn't exactly a tobacco cigarette. "Eh, what the hell," he mumbles, removing the cigarette from the ornate box. "Thanks," he says before holding the cigarette in his mouth and lighting it via a spark from his finger.

Quietly observing the brief conversation between Terenia and Myitt, Nepek asks the bartender for another water. Clearly, these two had some sort of history, with Myitt apparently having disappeared without a trace. Nothing too out of the norm by Nepek's standards, but Terenia must have taken issue with it in some way.

His sensitive ears then pick up a small sound through the din of the bar. It's very faint, and it's been a long time since he'd heard that sound, but it's not an easy sound to forget. He looks over at Myitt and Terenia, and they didn't seem to notice. "Did I just hear ****ing Dracon fire!?" he says. It feels odd, since he usually doesn't use human swear words, unless it's framed as something his old friend would say. But this was no time to mince words. "Something one of you needs to check out?"

Offline Hunter

• The RAFdoctor
  • God
  • The resident Furry!
    • My FA
« Reply #5131 on: September 10, 2016, 06:54:25 AM »
As Merc lit the rollie with nothing but his finger, Hunter said 'That's a pretty neat party trick ya got there.'

Removing one for himself, as well as a small lighter. He lights it and says 'Don't worry, it's nothing major. Mainly meds for my colour-blindness. You may feel floaty and colours would probably change but shouldn't be anything too serious.'

He chuckles as he takes a drag and blows the sweet smelling smoke up towards the rafters while placing the closed box on the bar.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 03:36:21 AM by Hunter »

GESB Character: Subject #2218
Intro Rando Character: Hunter

'There are days I hate being me, but then again, I'm not you.'

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #5132 on: September 10, 2016, 04:12:02 PM »
Terenia blinks at Nepek, then glances to the door. "If someone is out there shooting I'm not going to run into the fight," she says firmly. She gives Myitt one more irritated glance, "Maybe you should figure out if Tara is off getting herself shot while you jack someone else's body." Rolling her eyes, she takes a firm seat across from Nepek. "You don't talk like a free Hork-Bajir," she observes, frowning. "You infested, then? What's your name?"

Dalik jumps at the Dracon shot, then stares down at Cameron's suddenly unconscious body, slumped against the engine panel.

<<What was that!?>> William yelps in alarm, thoughts dragged from the mysterious starship to the scene in front of him.

"Just what the dapsen hell do you think you're doing!?" he demands. "I can't reinfest her while she's unconscious. Now I have to wait until she wakes up and --" He cuts off, eyes narrowing at Tara. "Where do you get off shooting my host anyway?"

<<What was that?>> William demands again. <<I have never seen a gun like that before.>>

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #5133 on: September 10, 2016, 04:23:25 PM »
Myitt is barely listening to Terenia, already marching towards the door.

Her thoughts are closed off to Jeffrey once more, but a spike of panic runs through her.

"She was going to flip out again!" Tara protests, lowering the weapon. "You said to help, and I helped. She's not going to need pinning down now, so just go back into her and wait it out, man."

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5134 on: September 11, 2016, 04:39:29 PM »
Jeffrey is of one mind with Myitt when the shot rings out, so he doesn't particularly mind that he's lost access to the interesting memories of her young friend. The other girl was clearly in trouble, and it felt just like it did when his daughter was in trouble.

As they cross to the door, Jeffrey send out a thought of his own. <<When you find them, sing a discordant note. It won't hurt them, no worries--- And it'll make them disoriented. Long enough for us to take charge of the situation. Don't worry about knowing how to do it--- I know how to do it. Same with using my powers, 'kay?>>

He didn't know why he cared. Possibly because he wanted there to be a point, or a use, to this event other than his own amusement and boredom. Granted the boredom relief was hardly anything to sniff at. This was the most exciting situation he'd been in since he'd died and entered the Bar. And to think that only the little game he had wanted to play with them had triggered it!

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #5135 on: September 11, 2016, 10:39:08 PM »
<<Wait...what?>> Myitt says blankly, pushing the door to the bar open and heading out into the twilight. <<You want me to sing?>>

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #5136 on: September 11, 2016, 10:51:19 PM »
"You want me to wait helplessly in an unconscious human in a place like this?" Dalik demands, William's cheeks reddening. "You could have hurt her! What setting was that on?" He goes to Cameron's side, kneeling beside her and brushing her hair back. Reaching over, he removes the holster she's wearing, fitting it around William's waist instead.

guitarhero01234

« Reply #5137 on: September 11, 2016, 11:18:53 PM »
Merc's eyes widen as Hunter explains what exactly is in the cigarette. "Holy **** dude," he mumbles. It was probably safe to assume that Merc was already feeling the effects of the drug. He looks at Rathien - to Merc, the Ildari's normally blue hair is almost vibrant. "No kidding, man. Not nearly as intense as the **** I've done in the past, but it's pretty . . . pleasant."

"Not a Controller anymore, Miss Terenia," Nepek says. "Haven't been for a long time. Back then, I would have answered to Sevv 826, but as I am, you can call me Nepek." He nods his head in a how-do-you-do sort of gesture. "I'm sure you've heard stories of Hork-Bajir seers before. . . ."

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5138 on: September 12, 2016, 07:06:50 AM »
<<Only if you're in trouble!>> thinks Jeffrey cheerfully, as if he was glad to be going into a potentially dangerous situation with nothing more than his knives. <<My voice can act as an unpleasant noise or sudden shock when you pitch it correctly. I figured it out a couple of years ago.>>

<<Or you could just yell at them to stop. That too!>>

Offline Hunter

• The RAFdoctor
  • God
  • The resident Furry!
    • My FA
« Reply #5139 on: September 13, 2016, 05:22:38 AM »
Taking another drag from his smoke, Hunter then places it in the ashtray that the BT had placed on the counter when he collected the few empty cups.

'Pleasant is an interesting way of putting it.' He said as the medicine slowly started working, giving him a proper view of everything and everyone in his field of view, while a slight floating feeling set in, making it feel as if he's not even sitting. From Hunter's perspective, the differing shades of brown, green and grey all slowly becoming their proper colours.

Picking up his near-full mug from the counter, he takes a swig and places it back on the bar, while slightly swaying on his stool. Wow he thinks I'm a little tipsy.

Hunter lets out a huff of a laugh and says 'Well, this'll be my last drink for a little bit. Can't handle booze quite like I used to.'
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 05:27:36 PM by Hunter »

GESB Character: Subject #2218
Intro Rando Character: Hunter

'There are days I hate being me, but then again, I'm not you.'

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #5140 on: September 15, 2016, 11:33:45 PM »
Terenia's eyes narrow quizzically. "One of the smart ones, yeah?" she asks. "I thought they were a myth. Every Hork-Bajir I've met is dumber than me." She gives a dark laugh and picks up her drink. "No offense."

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #5141 on: September 15, 2016, 11:45:49 PM »
<<No offense,>> says Myitt dryly as she walks across the gravel parking lot, boots crunching. <<But I'm just going to yell.>>

--

"It was just on stun, alright?" Tara snaps. "I wouldn't hurt her." She turns to the hatchway, suddenly and quietly alert. "Someone's coming."

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5142 on: September 17, 2016, 04:27:09 PM »
Jeffrey watches at Myitt crosses the parking lot and heads towards the outskirts of the asteroid. It occurred to him that almost nothing about this place made any sense. How could a forest be growing on an asteroid with an atmosphere so thin that they could see the stars right over their heads? Billions of points of light, of too many colors and shapes for him to name. He had never seen anything like the sight of it before, not even during the Heroes and Villains Ball when the Upper Dome put up the night sky simulation. They obviously had bigger things to worry about, but he thought he'd make a note of it.

<<Look up later, if you can, after we've made sure the kid is alright. ....it really is beautiful, after all.>> ...Ellis Straylight had shown his Rosie the true night sky, once, from a place in the Dome's wiring system known as the Pulse. It was midway between the Upperdome and the Underdome. He had been so jealous, then, that it had not been him who had shown her. He wondered how they were both doing, after they had killed him.

guitarhero01234

« Reply #5143 on: September 17, 2016, 08:55:23 PM »
"None taken," Nepek says with a gruff chuckle. "To be fair, I still may be dumb as a rock, as some would say. Student's only as good as his teachers, after all." He winces slightly as a small tremor runs through his hand. Well, that's new.

"Enough about me, though," he says, returning his attention back to Terenia. "I noticed that you and our Andalite friend there seem to have some history." He gestures to Ossanlin. "Care to tell that story?"

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #5144 on: September 18, 2016, 07:23:53 PM »
"It's a long one," Terenia says, giving the Andalite in question a narrow glance. Ossanlin seems content enough to ignore her for the time being, and she isn't about to provok him. Not so soon after arriving, at least.

"Suffice it to say, I have a general dislike of most Andalites," Terenia says, wrinkling her nose. "Not all, mind you. There are a few decent ones at the rebellion. But as a whole, as a species, they're generally pretty messed up." She gives him a broad smile. "Not that you'd know anything about that, being Hork-Bajir and all. The Andalites only ****ed up my life, they ****ed up your entire race. "

"You could have given her a concussion," Dalik seethes. He stiffens as Tara turns. "Well now I'm definitely not returning to her. You see? This place is far too dangerous to allow myself to be in an unconscious host."

He rearranges the holster on his belt. William's waist is a good bit larger than Cameron's, and it takes him a moment of adjusting before it sits right. Even then, it looks out of place against William's homespun white shirt and plain colored, 19th-century style britches.

<<How does it fly?>> William asks suddenly, his own thoughts less focused on Cameron. The other woman had said she would be fine, and he could tell she wasn't lying. The ship, though, that was worth his attention.

<<There are no sails,>> he presses. <<Does it ride the air currents? How? I've seen a steam engine before. Does this use similar properties?>>

Dalik can't help but roll his eyes a little as he creeps closer to the hatch, following Tara. <<You try to run a steam engine in space and see how that goes.>>

<<What then? Coal? Air currents?>>

With an exasperated sigh, Dalik pushes William's incessant questioning aside. "Who is it?" he asks Tara, one hand holding the butt of his Dracon, ready to draw it if necessary.