Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar  (Read 195955 times)

Offline NickGreen

Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #4395 on: February 03, 2014, 11:04:47 PM »
Jerichi lets out a chuckle. "That you could my friend, that you could"
Using Tapatalk

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #4396 on: February 05, 2014, 05:59:19 PM »
"Mmm..." murmers Vixen, the tips of his antlers again beginning to glow white. "But you're not a warlock, are you?" he asks Mar. "You're something much darker." He again sniffs the strange man. "See, I thought that stench was coming from him," he says, nodding towards Ike, then frowns. "I'm still not sure it wasn't. But right now, see, it's coming from you." He sniffs, and his confidence seems to falter. "Sorta. And since I don't get to go home until this place is cleansed, I think we oughtta get this over with." He snarls, the glow intensifying, "Now hold still,"

For a moment, the shadows in the room seem to flit across the floor, spots of otherwise-steady light momentarily flickering like a candle. A draft... a chill... seems to fill the room from nowhere, but there's nought else to be seen.

Elriss watches, still cautious, as a newcomer enters and begins speaking with the man sitting alone at the bar. With a sigh, she turns more of her attention to Gallant. The Andalite doesn't seem particularly threatening at the moment. She does not, however, holster her weapon.

"We usually don't light candles or swear fealty when someone decides to join us," she says, reaching out to grab his shirt collar and drag him gently closer, "but if you like, we can make an exception. See, all we really need is for you to form a very... intimate bond with one of our..." she smirks, "countrymen." She smiles and shrugs, stepping back, "Join us, and you'll get to explore places you never even thought existed."

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4397 on: February 05, 2014, 06:10:02 PM »
"Oh no you don't" Ike said. He didn't want what happened to Venvolar to happen to Mar. The thing was, this was a big deer. It wasn't like he could just throw it across the room. He said some short words, and placed his palms on the deer's side. tiny black dots swarmed across the fur like ants, and as they spread, they attempted to sting the creature. Spreading all around, they were meant to seek out soft flesh and cause pain. Honestly it wasn't all real, but the initial shock would usually cause someone to think it was real and react accordingly.

"Mar, get out of here!"

The being that inhabited Mar now certainly didn't like the idea of disappearing, and would allow Mar some extra strength and reflexes to get out of the way. It would also supply some mass to use magic, despite having no clear connection to the greater being in this place.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4398 on: February 05, 2014, 07:20:06 PM »
A shudder runs through Mar-- He knows this feeling like he knows the back of his own hand. For reasons that are still vague he doesn't believe he has anything to fear from a creature in command of it, but he knows whatever occurs will....he has to go. He has to. He just can't go back.

Ike's sudden callout to him snaps Mar back into attention. He looks at Ike worriedly, not believing his brethren to be any safer than him! In fact less so--- but why was that? Mar didn't have time to figure it out. He hurriedly crosses the room and slams open the Bar door, darting outside. Mar then backs up against the Bar's wall, breathing in and out. He did not use any magic.

In fact, he was hoping he'd never have to touch his magic ever again. It was better to serve God.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Will I get to explore you?" Gallant says with a slight grin as she pulls him closer. It certainly sounded like a fun way to spend an afternoon---he was far more certain of that than he was of joining these Yeerks. What in the world did she mean? ....hmm. Something certainly dangerous, which might result in the loss of his life or freedom. Clearly it was one or the other.

"Actually..." Gallant pauses, having a sudden idea. As a test, it wasn't bad. "...that would work. Yes."

"Would you so terribly mind if the companion I joined with was you?" Gallant said, nearly breathing into her ear. "That would prove it isn't dangerous."

« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 04:43:40 PM by Shenmue654 »

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #4399 on: February 07, 2014, 03:00:27 PM »
Vixen yelps-- a high pitched, strangely human sound-- and dances backwards across the bar in shock, his antlers ceasing to glow, when Ike's... dots... swarm across his fur. He slams into the wall, causing the whole building to shudder, and begins violently scratching his flanks on it, up and down.

By the time the itching stops and he regains his composure, he's panting, and the dark creature he's sensed has disappeared from the room.

"What'd I ever do to you!?" he shouts at Ike.

The shadows in the bar all at once seem to drift towards the back hallway, drawing themselves out and gathering together in a space that was already too dark to see clearly into. Moments later, however, all the shadows seem to have returned to normal.

"Mmm," says Elriss, smirking as though she's enjoying some private joke. "If I can find the materials I need in order to perform the... ceremony..." she eyes him up and down and leaning closer, "I think I could bond with you, sure."

<<You might not have to infest me if you're going to be him,>> says her host.

<<Hon, I'm in your head. I know you're not that drunk,>> Elriss responds.

<<How would your fellow Yeerks like to know you're calling them 'materials'?>> shoots Rose angrily.

<<I could just as easily have meant a restraint system for you,>> replies Elriss with a snicker.

<<Die in a fire, you filthy worm.>>

"You might get to..." she leans closer to Gallant and whispers in his ear, "explore me a bit." She traces a line with her finger, across his shoulder and down his back, ever-so gently, "But probably not nearly as thoroughly as I'd get to explore you." She grins. Oh, does he smell nice.

Salem's Story

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4400 on: February 07, 2014, 03:31:54 PM »
Ike had backed towards the door while Vixen was backing against the wall. "Stay away from my friend." He said menacingly. A bit more menacingly that he intended, as the being inside him was attempting to protect its own. Now that it had a new toy, it wouldn't let go so easily. Ike ran out the door, closing it behind him.

"We might want to hide." He said to Mar.

Jocun rose as the beast started acting wild. he didn't really know what happened, but the human somehow got a bunch of bugs on him. As he backed up, he almost bumped into Gallant. "Sorry about that. Now everyone stay calm. You, deer, I believe need to relax. Whatever you did, perhaps don't do it again."

"Sorry again. Jocun 119. Nice to meet you two."
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 05:52:17 PM by Chad32 »

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Social Staff
« Reply #4401 on: February 13, 2014, 09:38:06 AM »
"Well... crap," mutters Vixen to himself as he watches Ike run for the door. "The dark thing's made friends. I might have to do this the hard way." He sniffs the air and wrinkles his nose when he catches a whiff of Ike again. "Hmm..."

He turns to the man that begins speaking to him, "I'm relaxed, man, but I got a job to do. I'm here on business." He sighs and glances again towards the door before turning his full attention back to the man who's calling himself 'Jocun 119.' "The name's Vixen," he says amiably. "Nice to meet you too, Jocun 119. That's... a pretty unusual name. Where you from? Mind if I just call you Jo?"

Salem's Story

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4402 on: February 13, 2014, 07:16:43 PM »
"In my society, they give you a name, and a number according to how many pool brothers you have." Jocun said. "In all honesty, the person you're looking at is a human named Simon. There's another guy named Jocun that's using him as a ride. May I ask what your business is, and why you're messing with other patrons?"

<And if he know Santa Clause?> Simon asked jokingly.

<Shh.> Jocun said.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4403 on: February 14, 2014, 11:23:30 AM »
"Really?" states Mar with an almost scoffing look at Ike when he appears outside. "I was once a warrior where I was from, practically a captain of the Guard. To be sure the creature has strange powers, but why would we need to run?"

He wasn't even sure what the animal's problem was, but it definitely seemed to be bothering Ike. He decided that he wasn't fond of people who bothered Ike--- The snot-nosed human had gotten him back---Mar rubbed his head, a shooting pain echoing through it. Someone was trying to tell him something important.

He dearly hoped They would go away.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gallant grins in response to the woman's advances. "Any ritual which involves...explorin g your depths can't be all ba----"

Gallant suddenly turns as another man bumps into him! Gallant mutters, "Terribly sorry" as an almost subconscious gesture of politeness before looking up at the interloper. He didn't seem to be of the same class as the beautiful woman, whoever he was. Although she was very drunk.

"Gallant Regale, lovely to meet you," states Gallant with a smile after Jocun introduces himself. "You seem to be able to handle the...eccentricitie s of this place well."

And it was true. Gallant hadn't quite worked up the guts to try and make sense of the reindeer familiar.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4404 on: February 14, 2014, 01:39:11 PM »
"Maybe you're right, Mar." Ike said. "I have said that I have ways to defend myself, so maybe I should use them. We just have to be ready for him, and not let him vaporize whoever he sees fit."

"Yeah, it's pretty weird around here. You just have to go with the flow." Jocun said.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Social Staff
« Reply #4405 on: February 20, 2014, 10:38:44 AM »
"I'll say it's weird," says Vixen, sniffing at 'Jocun.' "This place gets weirder by the minute. What the heck are you talkin' about? In your society, you get number-names and you're really two people and your name is Simon but it isn't? Are you full of darkness, too?" His nose twitches and his face twists. He looks positively bewildered. "No, no, that's not what you are. Man, what is going on around here? Where the heck have I ended up? What kind of society gives their people number-names?"

Elriss glares at the galumphing reindeer. It's absolutely stepping on her attempt to pick up this cute... future host for the Empire.

"You're a Yeerk, then," she says directly to Jocun, taking on an authoritative air. "I am Temser 2 of the Light in the Darkness. Tell me, who is your commander?" She speaks quickly, not slurring her speech very much at all.

<<I hope he's your superior and he throws you off a building for being drunk,>> says her host.

<<Dream on, honey,>> Elriss says in return.

Salem's Story

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4406 on: February 20, 2014, 10:47:32 AM »
"Don't worry about it, buddy." Jocun said to the deer. "I'm pretty sure I'm not full of darkness, but this bar you're in is a strange place. I suggest trying not to make enemies."

He turned to the woman who was apparently faking being drunk. "If you don't recognize this host, you're likely not from my universe, or at least timeframe. I am Visser One of the Yeerk Empire, one hundred years after the Andalite/Yeerk War. I can safely say that we don't have a Temser of the Light in the Darkness. Much less a Temser 2."
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 08:40:43 PM by Chad32 »

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Social Staff
« Reply #4407 on: March 17, 2014, 09:05:01 AM »
"Not make enemies?" Vixen repeats, looking scrutinizingly at Jocun. "Look, man, I didn't choose to come here. I don't really have any control over that, not since..." he pauses, then sighs. "I guess if they mean that much to you, I could do this the hard way and just banish them. But I gotta do it. Job to complete." He shrugs apologetically.

Elriss snorts derisively as Jocun goes on about being Visser One. "I know Visser One," she says with a sneer, "And you ain't her." She leans in and lowers her voice, "I don't know what kind of racket this place is running," she looks around, "but when I bring the Light here, you can bet it won't last long." The speed with which she's gone from friendly and curious to angry at Jocun is shocking... and perhaps slightly driven by her persisting intoxication.

Salem's Story

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4408 on: March 17, 2014, 09:18:52 AM »
"Look, this place is a strange area of different times and dimensions." Jocun said to Elriss. "If you spend enough time here, you'll find some people are just not what you'd expect. I am a different Visser One than you know, and the being that actually controls this place isn't likely to let anyone come here in force and take over. It just won't happen."

He thought that maybe this Imperial may need a bit more to convince her to tread carefully, so he decided to morph. Just in the face, though, letting it turn more animalistic and slitted eyes, and green scales. A hundred years ago, someone with this sort of control would be called an estreen, and considered rare. With the upgrades, this kind of control was more common, and faster. He could fully morph in about thirty seconds, when Andalites used to take about three minutes. "Don't think yourself too highly here, Temser 2." He said in a different voice. "You don't have as much power here as you think."

He reverted back and turned towards the deer. "Do what you think you have to. This warning can go for you too. The Bar is a strange place, and you may not be able to get away with things here that you could elsewhere."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #4409 on: March 24, 2014, 05:31:30 PM »
Among the discarded hulks of destroyed or forgotten ships in front of an old building, a strange wall of electric white light appears in the air. The edges of the wall seem to take the shape of two halves of a gate opening to a strange scene between them. A lush forest can be seen in the bottom half as though the image source is hovering above the trees. The scene displays a bright blue sky and mountains in the distance. Suddenly, a loud terrifying roar comes from the scene that would cause most to flee. A bout of fire explodes out of the “gate” and causes the dirt below it to glow red hot and solidify. Seconds later, a large winter chill exudes from the “gate”. A loud impact can be heard along with the sound of crumpling trees and another roar, this one however sounded more like a cry of the defeated. Cheers of two people can be heard in the distance.

To anyone curious enough to approach the gate, or trying to keep their distance while spying through at an angle, can see two Human males hovering in the middle of the air aloft a large ornate carpet. Beside the two men, also hovering mid-air, can be seen a Huge silvered scale reptile with wings beating slowly to keep its massive form in place. Those with knowledge of Human mythology can instantly recognize the creature as a dragon. Anyone looking downward would see, amongst toppled trees, the form of another scaled reptile Humans name “dragons”. This one, however, has red scales and looks very dissimilar to the one hovering in the air. The Human males grasp forearms in victorious celebration. They approach the huge silvered creature as though it holds no fear in their hearts.

Suddenly a deeper, more distant, pained roar is heard as the two males whip their head behind them toward the mountains and the silvered dragon repositions itself. From the mountain top, a red winged reptilian form can be seen. This one measured as thrice the size of the silvered flying creature. The Colossal dragon beats its wings and takes flight. The two males shake their heads violently and their carpet zooms toward the “gate”, silver dragon in tow. The three beings approach faster and faster. One of the men, draped in robes, withdraws a bright cube from his bag and presses one side moments before they all seem to breach the “wall” of light. As the three reach the “wall”, the entire scene explodes in blinding flash of light and a single silhouette flies forward, tumbling onto the ground.

The “gate” disappears and at the end of glass-hardened dirt and melted rock kneels a man clad in steel plated armor from shoulder to shin. Over his cloak, hangs a quiver crossed by a large bow of ancient design and a steel shield aside them with an odd engraving upon it. It depicts a wolf howling upward to a full moon.  As he stands cautiously, the same engraving can be sighted on his breastplate. At his sides are two swords of different size and design, one barely reaches his knees, as the other is forcibly tilted backward with some length. Were it allowed to hang freely, it would surely reach the ground. In strategic places on his person, within arms’ reach, several small blades are stored. The man looks around through his bright green eyes. It’s obvious he is lost and confused. He brushes dust out of his short golden brown hair and asserts himself. He looks behind, from where he came, and looks at the affected ground. He scratches his head as he raises his head and freezes. His eyes lock on the strange metallic husks before him. He absent-mindedly walks over the glass, cracking it as he steps, to one hollowed ship almost in the form of a scorpion. He stares at it in wonder.
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress