Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar  (Read 196037 times)

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #4410 on: March 25, 2014, 03:51:50 PM »
"Then I'll jus' have to take what I can from this place, won't I?" Elriss replies to Jocun, her voice and her glare turning steely.

Vixen, however, seems to be taking Jocun's warning a little more seriously. "Yeah, there's something... weird about this place," he agrees. "Doesn't change what has to be done, but there's something not right here. I can feel it."

Elriss snorts and mutters, "the talking deer thinks the future Visser is right about a magical nexus of reality being 'off.' Go figure." She turns to Jocun and raises her voice, "You're a little full of yourself, Visser," she practically spits the word. "You think that just because you're from a version of my future that you can..."

She's interrupted by a deafening roar from outside, and makes her way to the window just in time to see a jet of flame spew forth out of nowhere, scorching the ground red and glowing. She must be seeing things... but there's no way she's still that drunk... is there?

Vixen steps up to the next window over and whistles, "I'll be damned. That's a dragon. Pretty sure dragons don't exist, man..."

Elriss rolls her eyes and turns away, just in time to miss the 'gateway' exploding outward and the body flying through.

"Whoa!" yells Vixen, turning towards the door. "Guy could be hurt. You comin' Jocun?" he calls over his shoulder, already on his way out the door.

Elriss watches him leave, nonplussed, and turns back to Gallant. She steps just a little too close and rests a hand gently on his shoulder. "At least you're normal, hon," she says sweetly, her eyes sweeping down his figure. She plucks gently at his vest and smirks, "Mostly..."

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #4411 on: April 07, 2014, 06:05:00 PM »
The armored man approaches the decrepit hull and touches it softly. He looks around at the shape and exhales, “What is this strange construct?” He runs his gauntleted hand along the ship as he moves to the front and rear, inspecting the odd vehicle. He shakes his head confounded, “Too small to be a home, too large and ill-equipped to be a carriage.” He looks at the “tail” of the ship, “What in the world could that be?”

The man breaks his enchantment as he looks across the parking lot and sees a wooden building among all the metallic husks. The establishment is obviously a tavern of some sort, with a few patrons staring in his direction. He straightens himself and walks to the tavern’s front door. He’s stopped with an odd looking deer standing in the doorway. He pauses a moment, searching his mind. He lifts his chin, almost as though he now recognized the creature. He looked around for anyone, “What are you doing inside a tavern, strange magical creature?” He reaches out to place a hand upon the animal’s face, hoping to keep the animal calm and form a connection. He’d never worked with animals other than his recently obtained hound; and that situation was hugely different than this. He’d seen his friend Steve connect with animals, so he thought he’d give it a try.
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #4412 on: April 07, 2014, 06:34:02 PM »
A bright flare of light crosses the evening sky outside as a black and silver ship pierces the bar planetoid's atmosphere at a fairly steep angle.  The ship's shields glow bright purple as do its twin engines.  The thing is shaped somewhat like a swept out arrow-head with blasters jutting forward on the tip of each wing.  The nose of the craft comes a bit further forward than the two wing blasters, and obviously contains the ****pit.  The pilot doesn't bother to engage the ship's camouflage...there was no point, there was no prey here.

The ship touches down a bit out in the forest, not far from where it had landed before, but still closer.  No point in hiding when there was nothing to stalk.  The pilot sighs as he shuts the ship down, lowering the rearward-facing ramp.  The pilot's seat swivels 180 degrees and the pilot stands, running a hand over his rifle above the exit before stepping down to land.

The green grass crunches a bit underneath his flex-armor leather boots.  He makes sure his weapons are tucked securely in place before turning in the direction of that strange wooden shack and walking.  His demeanor is a bit more surly than before...grumpy would be a good way to describe it.  His aqua and silver eyes glow in the twilight of the forest as he approaches the building, long hair drawn into a ponytail behind his pointed ears, fluttering lightly in the breeze.  What else was there?  At least this place had every kind of liquor known in the Universe...maybe the company would be better this time around.

As he approaches the building, he notes a strange, armor-clad man standing near the doorway petting a...a deer?  He blinks his eyes a couple of times to confirm the sight, then shakes his head and makes his way toward the establishment.  He isn't familiar with the armor the man is wearing, though the man seems to be a human.  How odd this place could be.  He steps up beside the man and gives him a cursory glance before pushing past muttering a half-hearted "apologies."

He notes some humans, some Yeerks...but no one he recognizes.  It isn't as if he'd actually believed Tobias would be here.  The bastard had up and jetted on him, leaving him tied down to his own damn mortality.  Tobias had been amenable to his advances, and the two had eventually engaged in a relationship both physical and emotional...but then he was gone.  Left him squatting on Cirrin 94 with nothing but his ship.  He growls with a semi-feral anger that's had a good deal of time to mature and fester.  They hadn't even carried out the contract on the Electorate Tobias had been talking so avidly about.

He stalks up to the bar and before he can even say a word, a tall, silvery glass of miruvin is already sitting there waiting for him.  He snarls at the BT who only smiles darkly, eyes twinkling.  He grabs the glass and gulps half of it, his throat burning for his actions, but he doesn't care.  Inebriation is his only means of escape, and he means to have it.  Certainly he isn't mourning over the betrayal by that bastard...no, that couldn't be it.  He doesn't allow himself to become emotionally involved with others, why should such a petty act have any reason to bother him at all?  He takes another swig from the tall, fluted glass as his free hand subconsciously moves up to caress the hilt of one of his gracefully-curved fighting blades.  The BT's eyes glint again in that mischievous and disturbing way...he frowns in response.  Well, at least the Bar itself remembers Rathien d’ilarianiil fen’Mirwindrierien or’Elienal sen’Ildiar.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 08:51:57 AM by Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin) »
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #4413 on: April 09, 2014, 03:57:24 PM »
Vixen takes a small step back from the odd man in steel armor, putting himself just out of reach. "Whoa. Gettin' a little friendly there," he says. "I only just met you. At least buy me a drink first." He grins at his own wit. "You alright, man? I saw you come flying through a... flying into the ground. With fire and stuff." He sniffs the man and tilts his head. An unusual smell, but nothing bad necessarily.

He can't say the same for the other, the one that ducks around his antlers to enter the bar. A second or two after this one has passed, he catches a whiff of him. Pungent, and not right... and very subtly, he thinks, so faint it's barely there, he smells what might be blood. If there's something more, some deeper darkness hiding amidst this one's smells, he's not gotten enough from this quick whiff to pin it down, but this particular man doesn't need to smell of darkness to make him uncomfortable...

Elriss turns her head when someone new enters, and she frowns. An Ildari. And a familiar-looking one, at that... though she can't place him. She moves towards the bar, trailing her fingers ever-so-gently across Gallant's chest and shoulder as she does so, and throws a flirtatious smirk over her shoulder.

She takes a seat at the stool closest to the Ildari. She's finally beginning to sober up a bit, and she's torn between ordering another redin to get her buzz back and becoming a bit more coherent.

"Water, please, hon," she says to the bartender after a moment's hesitation. To the Ildari she says nothing, intending to wait a bit, to allow him to speak first, should he so choose.

The bar's shadows seem collectively... unsure of what to do with themselves... if that's possible. It's not something that's seen so much as felt.

The shadows flicker, as though someone has run in front of all the light sources at once, but it happens so quickly that the bar's patrons can't be sure if it's something they've actually seen...
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 11:50:41 AM by Kit Mackenzietoo »

Salem's Story

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #4414 on: April 09, 2014, 05:01:58 PM »
Rathien watches the human female warily out of the corner of his eye, though not turning his face at all.  He quickly drains the rest of the glass and slaps it down on the bar-counter, another already waiting for him.  He picks it up without thought and takes a long swig.  Miruvin was meant to be imbibed with sips and savored...Rathien chuckles to himself as he takes another long swig, the second glass already half empty.  He grunts suddenly and digs the claws on his free hand into the bar counter as his head flares with pain.  Quick scenes play through his head in what seems a strange, hurried pantomime...he'd spoken with this woman, or at least these strange visions said he had.  Here, in this bar, near this very spot.  A conversation about the Light..but that seems...impossible.  He's been away for months...

Just as suddenly as it came on, the sensation of pain passes, leaving Rathien gasping quietly, sweat dripping from his face to the bar counter, his eyes wide.  His expression of surprise and pain returns to his normal expression of late...internally pissed-off, before he covers it up with a mask of sullen disinterest.  He extricates his claws from the bar counter and downs the rest of his second glass, the third standing next to the first empty, ready to be imbibed.  He ignores the BT's dark grin.  Don't think...drink.   "Temser."
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 05:03:31 PM by Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin) »

RAF Silverblade

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #4415 on: April 09, 2014, 05:08:59 PM »
The armored man retracts his hand immediately at the reindeer's speech. "It speaks. Not entirely outside the realm of possibility, rare though it is." He considers the words of the creature as another person pushes past them. He looks elven in nature. The armored man ignores his slight rudeness as he did subtly apologize for not waiting for the reindeer to remove itself. He then answers the creature, "I am fine. Though I am not trained in acrobatics, and my armor hampers my movements only slightly," he says as he raps his knuckles on the shining breast plate, "I am still quite dexterous. The apparition I came through is called a 'Gate'... as per the spell of the same name. It seems my charge nor the dragon we meant to save came through with me; and my friend is the only one with the means to conjure such a 'Gate'. It seems as I am stranded here. Wherever 'here' is." The man looks further in the bar past the deer and asks, "Where is here anyhow?"

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Social Staff
« Reply #4416 on: April 11, 2014, 03:38:53 PM »
For a few moments, Elriss has an intense sensation of deja vu. This... being at this place... speaking with this... Ildari... it seems familiar. Very familiar. Her head swims with the intensity of the feeling, and she buries her face in her hands, but within moments the feeling has passed.

"Hunter," she replies through her teeth. She rubs her eyes and turns to face him, looking him up and down. "You are one of Temser One's pet humters, aren't you? So how's someone like you stumble onto a place like this?" Her flirtatious demeanor has all but evaporated, leaving a cold, condescending, businesslike aura in its place.

"I have no idea what you just said, but it sounded good," says Vixen to the newcomer. "To be honest, I couldn't tell you where we are if I wanted to. I'm just here on a job. I don't really get to pick the destinations. Just get the report and then, poof! I'm in Prague or Beijing or Denver blowin' something up. Boss-man says there's a darkness rising in the world or something. Some kind of magic ghost told him so." He chuckles, "Now, I don't know about all that, but when the boss-man says fly, it's my job to say 'how far?' Besides," he shakes himself, grinning, "I don't mind having extra things to do in the off-season."

He turns to head back inside, satisfied that this man has survived... whatever just happened. "Name's Vixen, by the way, and I..." he stops and turns to look back at the man, a concerned look on his face. "Wait, did you say 'dragon'?"
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 12:03:33 AM by Kit Mackenzietoo »

Salem's Story

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #4417 on: April 11, 2014, 10:50:19 PM »
The armored man tilts his head quizzically, obviously perturbed  by what the magical beast had just said. He nods in response to the creature's question, "Yes. We were in the process of saving a Silver Dragon from being slain by a far more powerful Red Dragon. What do you mean you blow things up? What type of special attacks do you possess? I don't know much about reindeer. I thought you were mostly known for your enduring perfect flight abilities."

Even though he was quite entranced by the strange conversation, he looked at both sides of the doorway, seeing no way to move past the reindeer. He looks slightly impatient despite not wanting to be rude and push through the strange deer.

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #4418 on: April 11, 2014, 11:21:57 PM »
Rathien squints his eyes, still not making eye-contact with the Yeerk.  "Pet?  Must you Yeerks reduce every possible interaction into some sort of sado-masochistic master-slave relationship?  A wolf has no master, and is certainly no one's 'pet.'"  He takes a long swig from his third glass and runs his tongue over a fang in thought.  "As with most of my destinations, this one was arrived at in pursuit of prey.  Most recently, I've returned because I wanted miruvin and this is the only place beyond Ildiar where I've ever found it."

He sneers a bit, eyes still staring at the glass of silvery-clear liquid.  "It's a shame such a warm-looking, pretty host has been wasted on such a cold, soulless Yeerk.  Flesh like that should be appreciated in the right way."  He chuckles mirthlessly and takes another drink of liquor.  It would take at least one more before the effect started to hit him.  Then he could forget about Tobias and have a bit of pleasure again if only for a short while.

RAF Silverblade

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Social Staff
« Reply #4419 on: April 13, 2014, 11:28:06 PM »
Vixen barks out a quick laugh as he finally enters the bar. "I know you've got to be talking in some kind of other language or something. What, is "Dragon" code for, like, some kind of military thing?" He looks the man's armor up and down, "Or... military reenactment thing?" He stops and blinks for a moment, as though coming to a realization, and then laughs again. "Ohhh! You're one of them... what... LARPers? This some kind of Renaissance festival?" He looks around the bar again, as though taking it in for the first time. "Okay, things are starting to make a bit more sense now. For a second you had me going. I know you know better than to believe dragons are real!"

"Yeah, we reindeer... our real schtick is being able to fly. Er... well, some of us. Those of us with magical powers. My family's been able to fly for generations. Also adds this whole 'intelligence' bit." He tilts his head side to side, grinning, "For some of us less than others. These new powers're courtesy of the guy boss-man's talking to these days."

The many points of his antlers flash white, and a beam of light fires from them out the open door behind the newcomer, hitting the ground outside, which explodes upward and outward, showering droplets of molten rock over a portion of the parking area.

Elriss smirks, her eyes flashing with something like amusement. She rests her chin on her hand and stares hard at the Ildari, "Oh, you are the one he's talked about. Right down to the shameless flirtation." She bites her lip, allowing her eyes to rove down his body, before she manages to regain her composure.

"And the prey you followed here... would this be the same target that led me here the first time? The same target that led the Light here?" Her voice grows steely, "The same one that you so-called 'hunters' have continually failed to deliver?"

Salem's Story

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #4420 on: April 13, 2014, 11:48:07 PM »
Rathien grits his teeth, finally turning his head to look at Elriss, darkness in his eyes.  "It would be unwise for you to bring that ass up right now."  He quirks an eyebrow.  "Unless, of course, you choose to hear that as a crude double-entendre referring to your host...in which case, feel free to bring that ass up all you want."

He turns his eyes back on the miruvin.  He surmises that his original assumption regarding the quantity necessary to affect him is no longer correct.  It had been quite some time since he'd had miruvin, and it's proving to be quite effective.  For the first time in quite some time, he smiles, though there's no warmth or joy in it.  He allows his eyes to look over Elriss's host briefly before polishing off his third glass and grabbing his fourth.  Laying with a controlled host held dangers, but as with most things, danger only makes the rest better for Rathien.

He hears an explosion from outside and ignores it.  Perhaps it's the miruvin or just his knowledge of the nature of this place...stuff exploded at the bar, that's just the way it was.  "Your boss's host at the time had a nice ass too, if memory serves.  Of course his was male, but a nice ass is a nice ass and variety is the spice of life."  He smirks a bit, still looking at his glass and the bar-counter.

RAF Silverblade

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #4421 on: April 14, 2014, 03:11:45 PM »
As the points light up on the reindeer's antlers, the armored man becomes impressed. Thinking it must be helpful to illuminate the night sky. He is about to comment before an energy beam is unleashed from the collection of those points and aimed straight at himself! He immediately twists his body, spinning to the right, in order to dodge the beam. In his spin, he removes the large one-handed sword with his right hand and the shorter sword with his left. They shine with a magical energy that then siphons down through his arms and covers his full plate armor. He points both swords at the reindeer, keeping a defensive stance. He yells out, "What is the meaning of this?!? You treat me with civility, then attack me?"

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4422 on: April 15, 2014, 02:10:24 PM »
Mar watches in fascinated interest as both the dragons and a ship containing a person sickeningly familiar touch down on the Bar's grounds. The dragon apparition is clearly an unintended part of the entrance of someone who knows arcane magic, but much else escapes him. And it's not his main concern.

He can see neither up close, but he does not fail to miss a certain elven-esque face like his own! "Trouble," mutters Mar to Ike with a snarl, his peculiar canines showing even in such a serene-looking form. "This can only mean trouble. I have to go back and find out why....well I can't remember his name, but I know he does not mean well."

Mar quickly storms across the field, unnerved by the boiling arrogance and easy temper that come as naturally as...breathing? Shouldn't he not have either. Mar stops, squirming as something inside him attempts to quell these emotions. Mar rubs his head.

He's barely made it back to the entrance when a blast of light's shot out from....the reindeer?! At some person he doesn't recognize. "What, precisely, is happening here?" states Mar, crossing his arms.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gallant listens carefully to the exchange between the Yeerk and the peculiar newcomer that's evidently a bounty hunter. He looked somewhat like an elf, but something about his features made it only too clear that he was either Drow or something unknown. He was evidently after a bounty hunter's quarry. What interested him far more, although he could not let this on, was the word "host." So his beautiful lady friend was a spirit...or a parasite.

"You two know one another well enough," states Gallant, his drunkenness seeming to fade in favor of a half sobriety. "Well enough to flirt, that is. Irreverent sir, my name is Gallant Regale. If this place is a kind of gathering ground for the crooked, you are unlikely to find the same filth twice."

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #4423 on: April 15, 2014, 04:20:55 PM »
Rathien glances at the male as he speaks, but the glance turns into an obvious and unashamed physical appraisal as he notes the man's near-stunning aesthetic appeal.  Not far off his own looks, in fact, missing only the pointed ears to complete the package.  In his toasty state, thinking of the word "package" causes his eyes to remain lasciviously on the man's clothed nethers for a few seconds, running his tongue openly over a fang before he catches himself and redirects his gaze to the man's face.

"I wouldn't say we know each other well...we know of each other, and we know about each other to some extent."  He grins winningly as he senses the unvoiced chemistry between this Gallant and the Temser.  Perhaps inebriation wouldn't be his only escape.  "Quite frankly, sir, I flirt with anyone I find interesting whether I know them or not.  Otherwise I have no way of knowing whether or not I'm planting upon fertile ground."  He arches an eyebrow, chuckling a bit.  "I wouldn't call us "crooked" exactly...interesti ng is a much better term.  The bar finds everyone here interesting...that's why we're here at all."  He grins again.  "Of course, if you meant 'crooked' as opposed to 'sraight,' well...let me assure you, I am very very flexible, in more ways than one."  He winks and places his hand out to the man.  "Well met, Gallant of House Regale...I am Rathien, firstborn son of the first family of House Mirwind."

RAF Silverblade

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4424 on: April 15, 2014, 05:50:36 PM »
Gallant smirks, noting Rathien's gesture and idly shaking the creature's hand but taking the moment to linger on his eyes. There was something to be said for his Replicant-esque inhuman appearance--- It gave you a certain....mystique . Gallant ran the term "House Mirwind" through his head, but came up with only a minor vassal house. And the man wouldn't have introduced himself the way he did in a dead-end Bar unless he was someone important. Obviously this had something more to do with wherever....or whatever, he was gathering....this place was.

"Well met, Sir Rathien. Although you're shockingly forward. Because the Bar finds us interesting? It's a building," states Gallant with some confusion, rubbing a hand through his hair. "I did hear that an organization owned a building of that kind, but that's merely a rumor of course." Gallant winked in a way that suggested it wasn't, or that he could prove it wasn't.

"Yet if you do know the Temser....well what exactly is a Temser, exactly?" Gallant says with a bit of an odd smile. "She's a surprisingly open lady, but I haven't been able to get even that much mileage out of her."