Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar  (Read 212250 times)

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #2775 on: December 18, 2011, 09:01:38 PM »
Zorish's eyebrows raise. "That human seems to have an inexhaustable amount of luck," he comments dryly, giving voice to Tamora's thoughts. "It is too bad that she never used it to fulfill any of the promises she made my host."

He places the tumbler on the counter, considering Myitt and resolving not to drink further until she does. As strong as the redin is, and as tired as Tamora is, he would do well to pace himself.

"So you assumed that I was Terenia. You said that you did not think I was off-duty. She lives among you, then? Despite the fact that she murdered an innocent human?"
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 09:05:31 PM by Terenia [Teach] »

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #2776 on: December 19, 2011, 09:43:10 AM »
Myitt's mouth draws into a hard, thin line.

"There are plenty of murderers in this war," she says tersely, setting down her own drink.  "Not all of them live without regret."

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2777 on: December 19, 2011, 09:54:19 AM »
Zorish nods. "Of course," he says silkily. "Regret justifies death. As long as she was apologetic about destroying this body, then it is worth pardoning her. I suppose so long as you regret my death I should pardon you as well?"

He smirks. "You do regret murdering me, don't you? After all, if I weren't dead, I wouldn't be here interrupting your drink."

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #2778 on: December 19, 2011, 01:00:00 PM »
"I never said regret is adequate justification, Sub-Visser," Myitt says coolly, pushing her glass away more fully.  It clinks into the metal surface of her Dracon.  "Let's not forget that your little plan to rope me in to your superiors may not even work.  If I leave this place with you, our timelines will force one to reconcile with the other.  I may end up in my own past, or you...well, you could simply vanish."

She grins toothily.  "Space-time's a ****, ain't it?"

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Dreaming on :P
« Reply #2779 on: December 19, 2011, 03:17:35 PM »
Someone tapped Citrus on the shoulder. He had a notepad and pen in his hand. Citrus decided that he was asking for orders and ordered a drink. She then sat down at a table.
Starfire is my RAFcousin. :D
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2780 on: December 19, 2011, 03:51:26 PM »
<<She has a point,>> Tamora says nervously. <<Zorish, I don't want to disappear. Maybe we should just leave her alone.>>

Zorish's lips curl down into a frustrated frown. "Then I don't have any choice beyond killing you," he says flatly. "I wouldn't want to risk my own existence,after all."

He sighs a little, wrapping one hand around the glass of redin, but not drinking. "I do wonder, though," he says slowly, "if your timeline has not already changed. The very nature of me knowing about my own future death may allow me to prevent it from occurring. What then? Perhaps when I leave the bar it is your own present that will be altered. You may very well have been living on borrowed time these past eleven months."

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #2781 on: December 19, 2011, 03:52:12 PM »
Julian noticed Citrus, a new arrival to the bar, sitting down. He looked back to Bivtris as he put the sword on his back and said, "Excuse me. I take it on myself to greet new faces. Particularly ladies. I'll be right back."

Julian strolled over to the table and leaned against it casually. He wore what he hoped was a friendly expression.

"Hi there," he said, "name's Julian. You just arrived, right?"

(keep in mind: Julian is like a minotaur but horse features instead.)

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Dreaming on :P
« Reply #2782 on: December 19, 2011, 04:05:57 PM »
Citrus nodded. "Yeah, I just came. And hi, I'm Citrus" She took another sip of her drink, then nervously asked,"Uh...no offence, but what exactly are you?"
Starfire is my RAFcousin. :D
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #2783 on: December 19, 2011, 04:38:39 PM »
"One of a kind," Julian replied. "I'm like a minotaur except better looking. Actually I come from a place where people like myself are referred to as 'myths'. It's a nickname of sorts. No one knows exactly where we came from."

Julian gestured to the chair across from Citrus. "May I?"

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #2784 on: December 19, 2011, 09:20:56 PM »
Myitt tilts her head, conceding.  "Perhaps I have been," she says thoughtfully.  "Although you could simply be from another timeline in which you know about the nature of your death, which you may or may not prevent by destroying me now.  I assume the message you received warning you of the circumstances was sent from this place, and as I've said, time is funny here, and dimensions crisscross back and forth.  A message sent from the shipyard could very well end up in another universe."

She leans back, splaying her hands in front of her to grip the lip of the bar counter.  "Or, your current knowledge of your death could be its cause.  The humans have quite a few stories, albeit fictitious, on that terrible turn of events.  The only way to find out is for you to wait, really.  Killing me would just be the, uh, icing on the cake."  With a shrug she decides that finishing her drink might not be such a bad idea after all.

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2785 on: December 19, 2011, 09:33:03 PM »
"You're creating a fabulous argument in favor of my destroying you," Zorish says dryly. "And here I thought that you rebels were big on self preservation."

<<If leaving will make her disappear then why don't we just leave?>> Tamora asks, grasping for straws.

<<Because I want the pleasure of watching her die,>> Zorish responds calmly, ignoring the slightly fuzzy feeling that is settling over his host. Even just half a glass of redin seems to be working marvels on Tamora's tenuous sobriety, considering her exhaustion and the fact that Zorish's previous drinks are still in her system.

<<Killing her won't change anything, though,>> Tamora argues. Zorish shrugs outwardly, eyes losing focus and brows drawing together  as he argues with his host.

<<So?>> he counters. <<It is vindication.>>
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 09:34:43 PM by Terenia [Teach] »

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #2786 on: December 19, 2011, 09:46:42 PM »
She barks a laugh.  "You aren't mistaken," she says in a surly tone.  "I did give you the option of leaving me alone."

As the conversation lapses back into silence Myitt watches Zorish, pouring another glass of hard red liquor.

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2787 on: December 19, 2011, 09:52:35 PM »
<<What if we just get killed all over again?>> Tamora protests, her fear easy enough for the Yeerk to read.

<<You are overreacting,>> Zorish says, giving himself a mental shake. He blinks a few times before refocusing on Myitt, blank expression immediately settling into a scowl. Angrily, he picks up his half-finished tumbler and downs the rest of the drink before shoving the glass away from himself and his host. A few poorly concealed coughs bubble up in response to the powerful drink.

"And you --," he coughs again, "--honestly think that I will? Leave you alone? I did not come all this way to sit at an impasse forever." His right hand, still lying on the top of the bar, curls into a fist. "That is unacceptable. I have two deaths to account for, and trust me they will be accounted for. I promise you that, rebel filth."

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #2788 on: December 19, 2011, 09:57:51 PM »
"Can I finish my drink, first?" Myitt drawls, feeling pleasantly unperturbed about the conversation's dip back towards the subject of her death.

<<I'm not going to let you subject yourself to this, Myitt,>> Tara says flatly.  <<I don't care how drunk you make me, I don't wanna die, and I don't want you to die.>>

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2789 on: December 19, 2011, 10:04:56 PM »
Zorish snorts, uncurling his fist and lying his hand palm down on the countertop. "Of course," he says snidely. "Drink up. Far be it from me to deny you such pleasures."

He watches Myitt for a long minute, then leans back in the stool. "Tell me the details," he says in a quieter, slightly less derisive voice. "I want to know how you were able to not only kill me, but to separate me from my host prior to my death."
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 10:07:44 PM by Terenia [Teach] »