Author Topic: Stupid Things Visser Three Has Ever Done  (Read 7373 times)

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
Re: Stupid Things Visser Three Has Ever Done
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2011, 03:17:55 PM »
morphing a gaint fire creature underwater. He really didnt think that one through.
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's Official Unofficial Canadian Ambassador
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2011, 07:31:35 PM »
     Actually not his blunder. The book was written by a ghostwriter.
Tony's pet Goose.
Unknown User is my shorm.
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)
The picture is rather accurate

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2011, 08:21:07 PM »
on that never aquiring ANY earth animals. If he had some they would have been cought alot quicker
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline Mewmorpher

• A Real Gem!
    • Dragon Cave Resort
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2011, 06:36:49 PM »
Taking about 33 books to even eralize that a red-tailed hawk keeps showing up.
Do you hate trash cans? Is that your problem? Do you just HATE TRASH CANS?!! RAFcousins with Mythgirl. Wish you were here, Myth.

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2011, 08:47:45 PM »
having the hawk made sense like they used him as a scout and a distraction

Offline Gafrash

« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2011, 01:47:40 AM »
How can you read a book series WITHIN A BOOK SERIES? Or are you being sarcastic? :huh:
Hhauhauahauhauh!

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2011, 12:28:40 PM »
*says in a british accent* Wouldn't that create some kind of paradox or something

Offline Alan Fangor

« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2011, 06:39:35 PM »
The most stupid thing is to punish and often to kill everyone around him for the slightest thing. His character is very stereotyped, it seems he act like a villan just to be a villain. So he become very unpopular among his people, and his subordinates obey him only for fear and this means they could betray him at the first opportunity. He should be a true leader, a charismatic, loved one, a ledaer who would be followed by his comapnions everywhere and anytime for real loyalty.
You can be feared and respected even without being hated.

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's Official Unofficial Canadian Ambassador
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2011, 06:59:53 PM »
     The old Machiavellian debate.
Tony's pet Goose.
Unknown User is my shorm.
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)
The picture is rather accurate

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2011, 08:50:14 PM »
its been implied that the yeerk empire is comepletely cutthroat. Doesn't matter who you are if your higher up you have to watch your back.

NateSean

« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2011, 04:44:44 PM »
on that never aquiring ANY earth animals. If he had some they would have been caught alot quicker.

I don't think I quite agree with you there. Visser Three used the morphing technology primarily for dramatic effect. Eating Elfangor, trying to kill the Animorphs, even going so far as to use morphs acquired from the Andalite homeworld in an effort to demoralize the "Andalite Bandits".

Morphing for the most part was intended for stealth and infiltration. In the Animorphs cases, it gave them the advantages that frail, limited human beings don't have. Without it, we kinda see what would happen to them in Megamorphs 4.

Visser Three is a Yeerk in a body that can run, jump, and fight. He can see in all directions. He commands a technologically advanced army that contains some of the deadiest creatures the Galaxy can cough up, so that he has no need to actually use any of his gifts, except for the aforementioned dramatic effect. It's an added perk to an all ready impressive list of upsides.

He doesn't need the morphing power for the same reasons the Anis do, so morphing Earth animals really would have served no purpose in actually routing them out. Not that he didn't find certain specimens attractive. The tiger for example, Visser Three praised it quite vehemently. But if he had ever gotten around to acquiring it, once again it would be purely for the dramatic effect.

The only time he's ever strategically morphed was to evade an assassination attempt. And at that point I assume he morphed anteater since it's the only Earth morph we ever see him acquire on screen and it would be small enough to hide between a compliment of Hork-Bajir guards.

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2011, 08:19:19 PM »
Morphing into an earth creature would have severely helped him. Cause you know earth creatures are made for earth. And besides the ant eater he never morphed anything under 500 pounds something smaller could have actually chased them

NateSean

« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2011, 07:58:32 AM »
Okay, so expand on your argument. At what point in the series would any Earth animal of your choice be advantageous to Visser Three?

Yes. Earth creatures are made for Earth. Earth creatures can also be eaten by Earth animals. I can't think of too many animals that could eat an Antarrean Bogg.

The only real advantages the Anis had over Visser Three in morph were pretty much any time he tried to morph underwater, and those were pure flukes (no pun intended). Rachel in Croc morph biting the Spearfish because it overlooked her. The Andalite animal getting the crap kicked out of it by whales just as V3 is about to eat the Anis. And the one time Rachel got the drop on Visser Three's giant snake morph was, again, when he was too distracted with trying to eat someone else to notice that his fleshy bits were exposed.

So other than those minor mistakes, and believe me they were minor. If Rachel wasn't on her A game or if the Deux Ex Machina didn't feel like working at the end of the Message than they'd all be pretty much dead by now.

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2011, 11:27:38 AM »
well it wouldn't necessarily  have to be an earth animals. Just something smaller faster and just as deadly. Cause most of the time he failed o kill them was due to the fact that they escaped.

onnicarda

« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2011, 04:01:19 AM »
not realizing that most of the  "andalite bandits" were human kids