Author Topic: Stupid Things Visser Three Has Ever Done  (Read 7372 times)

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's Official Unofficial Canadian Ambassador
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
Re: Stupid Things Visser Three Has Ever Done
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2011, 06:34:54 PM »
     The decision: morphing a Kafit bird in broad daylight to chase Ax in seagull morph.
Tony's pet Goose.
Unknown User is my shorm.
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)
The picture is rather accurate

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2011, 07:31:33 PM »
You know in some abortion debates I've seen posts that say until the neocortex develops , the fetus can't be aware of its surroundings or have conscious thoughts. I wonder if it's possible to remove that, and not have the person die. If it's possible you may actually be able to do it.

It is involved in higher functions such as sensory perception, generation of motor commands, spatial reasoning, conscious thought and language.

The part that says generation of motor commands makes me doubtful a Yeerk could control the host without a neocortex.

Edit: You know it might be interesting if the Yeerk body could replace the neo cortex. That way when it left, the host wouldn't be able to do anything but lie there.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 10:57:35 PM by Chad29 »

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Baranth

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2011, 06:23:07 PM »
You know in some abortion debates I've seen posts that say until the neocortex develops , the fetus can't be aware of its surroundings or have conscious thoughts. I wonder if it's possible to remove that, and not have the person die. If it's possible you may actually be able to do it.

It is involved in higher functions such as sensory perception, generation of motor commands, spatial reasoning, conscious thought and language.

The part that says generation of motor commands makes me doubtful a Yeerk could control the host without a neocortex.

Edit: You know it might be interesting if the Yeerk body could replace the neo cortex. That way when it left, the host wouldn't be able to do anything but lie there.

I believe that in a way, oatmeal does this to the Yeerk.
I may seem like an idiot, but trust me: I know what I'm talking about.

Offline Nar Klawip

• Raf's Ever-Lovin' Blue-Eyed Howler
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2011, 10:23:29 PM »
It did say it dissolved part of the Yeerk's brain.
"When life gives you lemons you make lemonade. When a dying Andalite Prince gives you the morphing power? Well then you make miracles." ~Me

“Screams of a billion murdered stars give lie to the night's peace, while we cling desperately to the few fragile spinning stones we call worlds." ~Hasturi the Mad Perseid, Andromeda

“Well, remember what you said, because in a day or two, I'll have a witty and blistering retort! You'll be devastated THEN!” ~ Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes

Offline Darth Zakryn

• Banned
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2011, 11:21:09 PM »

Slaughtering his subordinates by the poolful for the most minor of things. Failed to catch the Animorphs? Decapitated. Interrupted the visser? Decapitated. Left the room too slowly? De-****ing-capitated. Thus, his minions were less effective than Visser One's, who both respected and feared her.

Offline Blaise Zebrataur

• Ranked 56th in Most Posts
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's MVP of Roleplaying
    • Oreius Nascar Leagues
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2011, 05:55:43 AM »
Trying to outsmart Tobias and thing he was Tobias's cousin.Yet it worked for awhile but in the end(which it did happen) he would of found out the truth and boom there goes your plan big Vis.

Offline theburningone

• Banned
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2011, 09:26:13 AM »
becoming too full of himself to learn about humans the way he did Andalites. It's interesting, for all the ways Yeerks adapt themselves as they move from planet to planet the one's on Earth had a leader who was completely unwilling to do that for earth.

Offline Darth Zakryn

• Banned
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2011, 06:15:07 PM »
It's an interesting parallel between Vissers One and Three. Visser One studies humans and considers herself one of them because she knows deep down they're a thousand times stronger than Andalites can ever be (if not physically), whereas Visser Three studies Andalites because they were already the most dominant species in the universe when the Yeerks rebelled. And, like each of the species they studied, they admire them, even if Visser Three, unlike Visser One, doesn't consider himself an Andalite, obviously. This really contrasts their personalities nicely.

Whoa, I'm getting too ahead of myself. Sorry.

Onto the discussion!

Offline Serraph105

• Banned
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2011, 10:22:35 AM »
It's an interesting parallel between Vissers One and Three. Visser One studies humans and considers herself one of them because she knows deep down they're a thousand times stronger than Andalites can ever be (if not physically), whereas Visser Three studies Andalites because they were already the most dominant species in the universe when the Yeerks rebelled. And, like each of the species they studied, they admire them, even if Visser Three, unlike Visser One, doesn't consider himself an Andalite, obviously. This really contrasts their personalities nicely.

Whoa, I'm getting too ahead of myself. Sorry.

Onto the discussion!
I had never thought about this before to be honest. I wonder if this was on purpose or not. I'm not sure that it actually means anything, but it is fairly nifty.
As far as the topic goes, I suppose something that always bothered me, even when I was younger was when Visser 3 didn't kill the Hork Bajir in #13. I know you already mentioned this, but you know something is bad when even I notice it cause back then I never questioned plotholes. I wasn't the smartest kid when it came to that sort of stuff although I do think it helped me enjoy a lot more things than I do now.

Offline Darth Zakryn

• Banned
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2011, 03:45:11 PM »

I'm sure K.A. deliberately put those parallels there, to show how different and yet "alike" they are.

Back on the subject, I think another stupid thing Visser Three did was land the Blade ship when the "Andalite bandits" were aboard it. Come on, they were in the air! All they had to do was keep in the air; they couldn't fight forever, eventually they would be overwhelmed, but Visser Three just can't stop dropping the Villain Ball.

Offline theburningone

• Banned
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2011, 05:04:46 PM »
how about not ever reading all the books that were published about him and his adversaries. He might have figured out they were human a lot faster if he just picked up an animorphs book.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2011, 05:07:06 PM »
Trust me. If the Yeerks really did read those books, they would have found the Anis in book 1 when it was mentioned Cassie's Mom worked at the Gardens. Or that all controllers with male hosts with younger brothers should promptly bring their siblings to the pool for infestation.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Darth Zakryn

• Banned
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2011, 08:29:10 PM »

How can you read a book series WITHIN A BOOK SERIES? Or are you being sarcastic? :huh:

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2011, 08:30:46 PM »
The anis always acted like this was the real world they were in, and it could really be you that gets infested next.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's Official Unofficial Canadian Ambassador
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2011, 08:34:12 PM »
     I get what you're saying.

But I thought you were talking about something else. Like, the Controllers look into the books and catch the Animorphs before they attack the Yeerk Pool in the Invasion. But that would prevent the books from being made in the first place, because the Animorphs would have been screwed. Time Travel Paradox all over again.
Tony's pet Goose.
Unknown User is my shorm.
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)
The picture is rather accurate