Author Topic: Animorphs Relaunch covers and updates  (Read 71534 times)

Offline Zero_Messiah

Re: Animorphs Relaunch covers and updates
« Reply #345 on: March 27, 2011, 04:24:02 PM »
Which reminds me, why doesn't Animorphs have black males? (Nothing racist implied here)
I know Cassies' supposed to represent that end, but there's no males that I can recall being included there. Was California a white supermajority state?

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #346 on: March 27, 2011, 08:57:18 PM »
Was California a white supermajority state?

AREA              YEAR        SEX        AGE        Non-Hispanic         Non-Hispanic         Non-Hispanic         Non-Hispanic
                                                    White                Asian/Pacific        Black                Indian                

California        1996        Female     13         93343                27049                17509                2651        
California        1996        Male       13         99687                28717                18683                2649

------

AREA              YEAR        SEX        AGE        Hispanic             Hispanic            Hispanic              Hispanic
                                                    White                Asian/Pacific       Black                 Indian

California        1996        Female     13         81302                2092                1968                  303
California        1996        Male       13         89206                2167                1969                  2499
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 09:00:06 PM by goomBear »

Offline Dogman15

• Steam profile
« Reply #347 on: March 27, 2011, 10:30:08 PM »
Which reminds me, why doesn't Animorphs have black males? (Nothing racist implied here)
I know Cassies' supposed to represent that end, but there's no males that I can recall being included there.

Cassie's dad, Walter, was black. I'm sure there were some minor unnamed characters in the books who were black males.

Offline estrid

• God
  • LOL
« Reply #348 on: March 30, 2011, 05:54:47 PM »
I know Cassies' supposed to represent that end, but there's no males that I can recall being included there. Was California a white supermajority state?

Not by any means. Whites are actually the minority here in california. It's just she was super limited with only 5 humans, 3 of who were boys.
" 'What do you care if he drains a few vegetables?' I asked. 'He's a vampire!' Chester snarled. 'Today vegetables....tomor row, the world!' " Bunnicula-a Rabbit Tale of Mystery

Jess is my RAFbest friend cuz she is way awesome!
Cody-my gayBFF for eva!
Coolest Member of the Year 2009

Offline LisaCharly

• HotPinkCoffee
« Reply #349 on: March 30, 2011, 06:20:28 PM »
^Whites are a majority in CA. 40~%, compared to people of Hispanic descent who are the second largest group at 37~%.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 06:23:09 PM by LisaCharly »

Offline estrid

• God
  • LOL
« Reply #350 on: March 31, 2011, 11:07:06 PM »
well technically whites are majority, but barely. but when you compare minorities v.s. white, there is far more minorities then whites. And you also have to realize there is a huge hispanic population not officially accounted for as they are undocumented, and there for do not get counted in the census. (Altho there are numbers for them, which is interesting in and of itself).  But that isn't a topic for this thread.
" 'What do you care if he drains a few vegetables?' I asked. 'He's a vampire!' Chester snarled. 'Today vegetables....tomor row, the world!' " Bunnicula-a Rabbit Tale of Mystery

Cody-my gayBFF for eva!

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #351 on: April 01, 2011, 01:29:14 AM »
Whites are a minority in California...that's a laugh.  Largest white non-Hispanic population in the U.S.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 01:32:01 AM by Myitt »

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline estrid

• God
  • LOL
« Reply #352 on: April 02, 2011, 12:27:03 AM »
why is it a laugh? You were here, you saw our makeup. We were the only white people in several of the places we went to. I remember talking about this in my poly sci class. If you add in the numbers of the undocumented Hispanics that obviously don't get counted in the official census, they outnumber the white population.

But like I said, back to the topic...........The new covers suck.

Cody-my gayBFF for eva!

Offline LisaCharly

• HotPinkCoffee
« Reply #353 on: April 02, 2011, 12:49:31 AM »
Seems that Scholastic has heard the fan reaction and will be changing the model for Marco. Yay!

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #354 on: April 02, 2011, 12:50:42 AM »
It's a laugh because it's not true.  I don't remember ever feeling like a minority, plus the statistics say that while there are plenty of Hispanic people in California, there are still more white/Caucasian people.

And I think the new covers have warmed to me, a bit.

Offline estrid

• God
  • LOL
« Reply #355 on: April 02, 2011, 12:56:42 AM »
Myitt, how many whites are in colorado vs what you saw here in cali? When I came back from texas I had totally forgotten just how many asians there are here. HUGE difference from there to here. Statistics don't account all the undocumented people. But they are here, even though not in the census. BUT I am seriously done going off topic in this thread. I will not respond off topic anymore.

Lisa, what was the original model?

Cody-my gayBFF for eva!

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #356 on: April 02, 2011, 01:00:58 AM »
I dunno, I work with a lot of Mexican-Americans in Colorado...anyway.

The covers are shinyyyy.

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #357 on: April 02, 2011, 08:55:23 AM »
Seems that Scholastic has heard the fan reaction and will be changing the model for Marco. Yay!

Yay! First step was Marco's model. Now on to the Xena/Storm thing  ^-^
Richard is really Anna in disguise!

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
Quote from: 12:34:05 AM (horsefan1023)
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

Offline LisaCharly

• HotPinkCoffee
« Reply #358 on: April 02, 2011, 09:18:27 AM »
MG and KA have already said somewhere that they're going to try and fix that.

Also, the old Marco model is visible on the Scholastic website. They need to cast and complete a photoshoot for the new one.

Offline Intrepid

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #359 on: April 02, 2011, 11:36:46 AM »
Rachel as Storm instead of Xena? If she Has to be an X-Man, I'd say she'd be better described as a female version of Wolverine. :p  With as much beauty as Hugh Jackman has hotness (almost as much as my husband does ;) )