Author Topic: Animorphs Relaunch covers and updates  (Read 71552 times)

Offline Toc'

• Xtreme Member
  • One of RAF's French residents
Re: Animorphs Relaunch covers and updates
« Reply #255 on: December 23, 2010, 04:08:04 PM »
I find the new covers much less childish than the old ones.
The general design seems more clean and elaborated even if a bit "boring" maybe for young kids, the square in the middle giving a strict impression to the cover.
The themes of the background are coherent and even elegant for once (feather for book 3, reptilian skin for book 1, footprint for book 6).
In the old covers, colors for the background seemed to be chosen randomly, sometimes it frankly looked bad and not coherent at all (hint hint book 7: Why a green background when Rachel is already wearing a plain red t-shirt?!! Was the book a Xmas edition or what?!)

I was hesitant about the new covers until I was sure about the definition of "lenticular".
It is important to show the morphose on the cover to lure little kids into reading the books  ;D (like it happened for me when I was 9).
I also hope the lenticular square will be made so that it doesn't "go away" too easily.

As for the models... I too think the model for Rachel is not very pretty (at least on the picture posted here). Besides she looks way too soft and her face is a bit chubby. Not very Rachel like.

Eventually, for the adaptation of the text... I don't think they should change the technology part given that it could have significant impacts on the whole plot  :XD: but I am not against some changes when it comes to cultural references specific to the 90's generation since I believe that the main reason why those specific references were made in the first place was to establish some connection/proximity between the animorphs and the reader.

Some changes were made in the French translations too (the mention of "Buffy" in book 20(?) was changed to "Dracula", since the TV show was not out in France at the time). I don't think it's a big deal. It happens all the time in series/movies when they are translated into another language so that the audience can get the jokes.
It's even more important if the audience is 10  :P.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 04:10:35 PM by Tocade »
Pink Piggy: Anyway, these are standard assumptions in economics. I have no problem with them. Quantum theory also seems weird but it is accepted, that is the way of science.
Brown Piggy: Quantum theory makes no claim about the motivations or welfare of quantum particles.
Pink Piggy: You just do not understand the mathematics involved. This is typical uninformed criticism of economics.

¤  Sharing a special bond of RAFenmity with Wildweathel since December '08 ¤

Offline cams

« Reply #256 on: December 24, 2010, 01:13:37 AM »
Errr... Yeah. Where were you during the last weeks, Cams?
I saw the 3 covers the day they were posted here. And it looked better than I expected, though I still prefer the old design.
It just didn't occur to me until a few days later that I was looking at their faces instead of their entire bodies ,which was I was expecting to see.

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
« Reply #257 on: December 24, 2010, 09:41:40 AM »
Some changes were made in the French translations too (the mention of "Buffy" in book 20(?) was changed to "Dracula", since the TV show was not out in France at the time). I don't think it's a big deal. It happens all the time in series/movies when they are translated into another language so that the audience can get the jokes.
It's even more important if the audience is 10  :P.
Oh, I didn't remember about that. Where is the Buffy/Dracula reference?

@Cams: lol ok ^^
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum

Offline Magdaleen

• wow, i sure haven't been here in a while. hello
« Reply #258 on: January 19, 2011, 09:31:42 AM »
*bumps* ;D

Any recent updates?

Oh, and I like the new covers. :)

Offline LisaCharly

• HotPinkCoffee
« Reply #259 on: January 19, 2011, 09:36:23 AM »

In #20, when they're raiding David's house as birds, Marco notices that Buffy's on TV and complains about how he forgot to tape it (I think).

Offline Rowrin

« Reply #260 on: January 20, 2011, 12:35:08 AM »
Haha they are going to have to replace every Doom referenece with halo xD

All in all though, I hope the re-release is successful. Animorphs was amazing for me when I was growing up (still awsome btw) and it would be great for this generation to be able to experience it.

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
« Reply #261 on: January 22, 2011, 10:50:39 AM »

In #20, when they're raiding David's house as birds, Marco notices that Buffy's on TV and complains about how he forgot to tape it (I think).

OK thanks ^^
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum

Offline Darth Zakryn

• Banned
« Reply #262 on: January 22, 2011, 02:10:11 PM »

Um... not to get off-topic... but WHEN is it coming out? And what IS it exactly? A buffed-up version of Animorphs is what it sounds like. Am I right?

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #263 on: January 22, 2011, 05:21:09 PM »
What about the front page illustrations, just inside the cover?  Those were seriously some of the best, most illuminating parts of the books...where else can you get an image of the Hork-Bajir war, or...or the interior of a futuristic Yeerk apartment??

oh, and who could forget those little holes in the fronts? :P
both my #3's got ruined because of those.

Mine too! I'm starting to see a trend in book #3's
Richard is really Anna in disguise!

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
Quote from: 12:34:05 AM (horsefan1023)
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

Offline Magdaleen

• wow, i sure haven't been here in a while. hello
« Reply #264 on: January 24, 2011, 02:53:06 PM »

Um... not to get off-topic... but WHEN is it coming out? And what IS it exactly? A buffed-up version of Animorphs is what it sounds like. Am I right?

Have you even peeked at the first post? ::)

Here is the publishing plan, taken from my first post in this thread...
• Animorphs #01: The Invasion - May 2011
• Animorphs #02: The Visitor - May 2011
• Animorphs #03: The Encounter - July 2011
• Animorphs #04: The Message - October 2011
• Animorphs #05: The Predator - January 2012
• Animorphs #06: The Capture - April 2012
It might change if the re-release goes well, so we're only sure about the first two ones released in May this year. :)

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #265 on: January 24, 2011, 03:35:41 PM »
jeez. I'm just realizing how spread out they have the books! I hope it goes back to once a month as the series progresses

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

Offline Essam 293

• Dedicated Archiver
  • Xtreme Member
    • Hirac Delest - An Animorphs Archive
« Reply #266 on: January 24, 2011, 03:55:14 PM »
Looks like Animorphs ARCs were released in the recent ALA meeting that Michael Grant and K.A Applegate went to: http://www.hiracdelest.com/blog/?p=1898

Also check out: ANIMORPHS ANIMATED | ANIMORPHS 300

Xbox Live/PSN Gamertag: Aximlli

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #267 on: January 24, 2011, 08:35:21 PM »
Looks like Animorphs ARCs were released in the recent ALA meeting that Michael Grant and K.A Applegate went to: http://www.hiracdelest.com/blog/?p=1898

so jealous of that kid. :)

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #268 on: January 24, 2011, 08:43:06 PM »
Ditto! We should go beat him up for it :D

Glaflafock

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's Official Unofficial Canadian Ambassador
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #269 on: January 24, 2011, 08:45:11 PM »
     You guys beat him. I'll run with the book.
Tony's pet Goose.
Unknown User is my shorm.
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)
The picture is rather accurate