Author Topic: Our Summer Vacation...  (Read 38884 times)

radgeek

Re: Our Summer Vacation...
« Reply #825 on: February 11, 2011, 04:46:19 PM »
Sandresh bit her lip.  There wasn't much she could say to Laurence because Wintium could hear whatever she said.  She would be hurt if he would have been Yeerk free but for all she knew this was just Wintium playing with her.  "I'm not like the others.  I can't help what I was born as.  Miriam has things she would like to say too."  She let Miriam control again and was starting to get become accustom to it.  "Keep fighting, Laurance." She brushed some hair out of his blue eyes.  "I love you."
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 04:50:28 PM by KitMayor Steph (Rad) »

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #826 on: February 12, 2011, 01:30:09 AM »
Here he was. Caught between helping his imprisoned friend, who was being controlled by his worst enemy, and an 'acquaintance' that might be friendly, but that would probably turn on him in a heart beat for personal gain. Brian was having trouble deciding what to do, who to help... He didn't want Kildor to die right now, and definitely not Jo either. After a brief hesitation, Brian committed to a full-power, 1480 psi wolf bite on Jo's right front leg. He let go almost immediately and darted for the Dracon. He hoped that he wouldn't be able to fire it by carrying it in his mouth. Or if so, he hoped he could aim.

Rrrrrrrrring.... Rrrrrrrrrrring. "Hawthorne residence."

Sean blinked. It was Kristen's parents who'd answered. He, well, hadn't expected that. "Um, yeah... Hi. This is Sean Black." ...How was he going to tell them he'd met Kristen? He obviously couldn't tell them about the port scene. And he didn't want her parents worrying about why some older guy was calling their daughter. After a pause, the man on the other end of the phone said "...and may I help you?" Sean continued. "Yes. I met your daughter, Kristen, on the high-school cruise. I held on to her camera for her at one point, and forgot to give it back. So I was just calling her to let her know that I still had it."
"Oh, so you were one of the chaperons?"
"Yes, I - "
"... but Kristen doesn't have a camera..."
Oops. Sean thought. "Erm, well, it was one of those disposable ones that you buy for trips like this one. I think she got it at the ship's souvenir shop. Either way, I have the camera she gave me."
 "Alright. I'll tell her when she gets home. She's still at the zoo right now, but she'll be home shortly. I'll have her... wait a minute. Can I ask why you have our number?"
Oh crud... "I uh, got it from my son, Chad. He met Kristen on the trip, and they hung out a little bit." After that, it was mostly idle chitchat about the trip, and Sean gave Mr. Hawthorne his phone number to give to Kristen. He figured he shouldn't tell her father that she already had his. "Well that was unsuccessful..."

Tarry was still following, and was now relatively near the barn. He perched on a branch to catch his breath, considering he wouldn't be much help indoors, ...Curse this bird body!... but he was ready to swoop down and fly in if needed. He'd heard Ultor's threat. He was able to see the action inside the barn. More specifically, he saw that Brian had the Dracon. These humans weren't complete fools after all. <Good strategy Brian. Now you need to get to somewhere you can demorph safely and do so, quickly. Once you have hands, you can use the Dracon to convince the Yeerk in Jo to demorph.>

Kristen rode home on her bike. She didn't live far from the zoo, which was oh-so-convenient for her. She'd wanted to stay and acquire some more, - she pretty much intended to acquire everything -  but that would be foolish, especially tonight. After her friends had caused such a scene at the zoo the night before, she couldn't be there after closing much longer than normal. She wished she could have been there when they had been... she could have made sure there weren't any problems. Kristen was mildly angry as she rode. Not because Chad, Brian, and the others had caused an uproar, but because here she was wishing to be breaking into the zoo instead of having been with her grandmother. The anger gave a way to a somewhat depressing feeling. What have I gotten myself into?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 01:49:35 AM by Bear »

radgeek

« Reply #827 on: February 13, 2011, 05:12:13 PM »
Miriam wondered how long she could be with Laurance but she wanted to spend it as best as she could.  She leaned in for a kiss.

Offline Josh (J)

• The Dude
  • God
  • Back from the dead.
    • Josh the Normal
« Reply #828 on: February 14, 2011, 11:56:50 AM »
Laurence gave in for a second, and reached up to hold Miriam, but suddenly broke away and shrieked. "Get away from you me, you Yeerk filth! Get away! Get away!" He was ready to go into hysterics, before Wintium took over him again. Laurence remained stolidly quiet. He said nothing.

Offline Unknown User

• RAF's Official Ellimist Expert
  • Xtreme Member
  • ^-^
« Reply #829 on: February 14, 2011, 01:17:32 PM »
Ultor felt the bite to Jo's leg, felt it bad. His leg buckled as the wolf darted away with the Dracon beam, and he saw Kildor slip out from under his antlers. The traitor was badly injured from his assult; one of his legs was mangled look, as well as the arm that was badly damaged from the Car crash. <Time to die traitor.> Ultor demorphed quickly and the pain of the bite faded away. The yeerk Sub-visser began morphing to Elephant. A wolf was no threat to an Elephaunt.
-------
Kildor couldn't believe that the human had taken his Dracon beam; he was defenseless without it. Kildor half dragged, half crawled, his way towards the door while the Sub-visser was morphing. His host was screaming unintelligibly in his head. The pain was beyond anything that Kildor had ever experienced.
  "Human!" Kildor screamed, the barn was genuinely on fire now and the structure was filling with smoke. The animals were panicing big time. "Bring back my Dracon." A burning piece of wood had fallen on Kildor's back, and he could feel his cloths starting to burn. The spy tried to crawl faster. "I Could HAVE HAD HIM." 
  The Sub-visser was nearly finished with his Re-morph and this worried the resistance member immeasurably. Kildor watched as the 95% Elephant monster started towards him and the door. Kildor began to laugh, "Looks like i'll be out of the fight soon." His laughter soon became hysterical in nature.
Meh.

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #830 on: February 14, 2011, 01:43:15 PM »
"HOLD IT! I don't know how to set this thing to stun, but that just makes more dangerous, right?!?!?" Brian stood holding the Dracon, in human hands. He had managed to hide behind a large burning bale of hay, and demorphed as fast as he could. Oh man, was he tired! He stood panting, pointing the gun at the growing mass that was Jo. "One more step and I start squeezing triggers and twisting nobs. I don't know what will happen then. Do you? Feelin' lucky?" He was terrified. He honestly had no clue how to work the gun. Would he end up stunning Jo? Would he end up killing her? He hoped that a... creature... of that size could handle a blast from this thing. He had no idea how it worked or what it did though. He wondered if he could manage this thing while morphing Kodiak...

Offline Unknown User

• Xtreme Member
  • ^-^
« Reply #831 on: February 14, 2011, 02:03:32 PM »
Brian's sudden appearance cleared Kildor's head rather wonderfully, "Just shoot the bloody fool, I have it set to stun." Kildor some how managed to get to his feet, his shattered leg was unbeleivably supporting his body.
------
All of his life Ultor had prized himself on being logical, calm, rational in tight situations, but by this point he just wanted the nightmare that was this day to end. <DIE HUMAN!> The yeerk sub-visser shouted as he charged Brian, <For the emporer.>
Meh.

radgeek

« Reply #832 on: February 14, 2011, 02:08:28 PM »
<<You're crazy.  Do as Brian says.  You don't want to get stuck in morph and I don't want to either so listen to me as a voice of reason.>>

Miriam's eyes teared.  <<He can't love me with you here.>>
Sandresh blinked for keep the tears out of her eyes.  "Think about it Laurance, she's here too and I know you still love her.  I can't love Wintium so..."  What was she saying?  She was no better than Wintium.  She had taken away Laurence's love.  The realization made her sick of what she was and the way she lived.  "You're right. I'm filth."  She backs away from his hospital bed and leave the room.
<<That didn't work as I had hoped,>> Wintium said.  <<I took back control too late.>>

Olivia waited for an answer from Edward.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 02:19:34 PM by KitMayor Steph (Rad) »

Offline donut

• Xtreme Member
  • Don't Blink
« Reply #833 on: February 14, 2011, 02:58:34 PM »
<Brian, you must fire.  There is no time to explain how to set the dracon beam.  Pull the trigger.>
Tarry knew that he could very well be ordering Jo's death.  He felt a pang of guilt.  He had knowingly ordered many of his soldiers to their deaths before, but this was different.  They weren't trained warriors who had volunteered to fight; they were children.  He quickly pushed these thoughts out of his mind.  He knew that Sub-Visser 2 could not be allowed to escape knowing the identities of the others, and he knew that Brian's only chance was to fire.

In desperation he tried to distract the Sub-Visser to buy Brian time.
<Sub-Visser, you do not care about the Empire.  Why would you sacrifice yourself for it?  Your own people are fighting against you and more of us are coming.  You have no choice.  Surrender and demorph.>

He didn't know if the Sub-Visser would believe his bluff or not.  He positioned himself to dive at the elephant's eyes.  The macaw's body was not built for combat, but he had to do whatever he could to help Brian.  He waited to see if the yeerk would stop.  He could feel the ultra-quick hearbeat of the bird, the burning of his chest muscles, and his feathers making dozens of minor corrections for the breeze. All of those faded as an eerie calm overtook him.  

He aimed for the elephant's eyes.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 03:01:36 PM by donut »

Offline Josh (J)

• The Dude
  • God
  • Back from the dead.
    • Josh the Normal
« Reply #834 on: February 14, 2011, 03:55:40 PM »
Laurence would have bitten his lip if he could. Perhaps he shouldn't have said what he'd said...if he'd jus--no, he shouldn't think this. This was exactly what Sandresh wanted him to think. He wouldn't give in and let her play with his emotions.

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #835 on: February 14, 2011, 04:26:44 PM »
The Sub-Visser turned on Brian. His eyes widened. Oh no, he thought. He'd really hoped ...

"I'm so sorry, Jo...."

He held the Dracon high. And stood there. He couldn't pull the trigger. He couldn't sacrifice his friend like this. She hadn't done anything to deserve this... After perhaps one too many split seconds, he dropped his aim, fired off several shots at her legs, and dodged to the side, landing painfully on stray pieces of scrap lumber strewn about the barn floor.

Kristen stopped in her driveway, still standing over her bike. All of these emotions... she didn't know what to do with them. She tossed her head back and looked up into the sky. Way up she could see a hawk, or eagle - some bird of prey - gliding effortlessly through the air. That's where I want to be. With a sigh, she got off her bike, walked over to the wooden picket fence, and uses one of the points to tear a large gash in her backpack. Within a few moments, after explaining to her parents that she needed to go get a new backpack for school the next day, Kristen was standing in the back yard of an empty house several yards away where she had dumped her bike, growing white feathers.

Offline Unknown User

• Xtreme Member
  • ^-^
« Reply #836 on: February 14, 2011, 04:54:36 PM »
Ignoring everyone; the Andalite, his host, the traitor, the yeerk sub-visser charged. To late he realized that he wouldn't make it to his target in time. To late he realized he was doom. Ultor felt great horror as the human pulled the trigger and dived to the side. Ultor felt the very edge of the Dracon blast hit his right front leg and in an instant it was gone. The wound didn't bleed however, it had been cauterized by the intense heat. The fall was painful, the missing limbs were even worse. <No NO NO NO!> Ultor raged in the minds of everyone present. <I was so close, so very close. If it hadn't been for those fools. Those stupid henchmen of his. Ultor lay helpless, a three legged elephant, before his enemies.
  <I suppose,> the sub-visser sneered, <that if I demorph you will simply kill me.>
-----
Kildor gave a small whoop of Triumph as the sub-visser went down, it was a thing worth celebrating. In the dark corner of his mind where he still live, even his host gave a cheer. Kildor's Job was nearly complete, he had assisted in the destruction of the sub-visser, but he knew that if he wanted to end the whole operation he had to lead the humans to the pool. "That will be tricky," Kildor thought to himself. "Rather tricky indeed.
  The last thing the spy saw before he collapsed in a heep of bleeding and smashed limbs was the glorious yeerk pool he had been born in, it's water warm and inviting.
Meh.

radgeek

« Reply #837 on: February 14, 2011, 05:14:20 PM »
<<Idiot,>> Josefina said.  <<Mistake number... I've lost count, but he won't kill me.  Consider me the best hostage you could ever have.>>

Offline Unknown User

• Xtreme Member
  • ^-^
« Reply #838 on: February 14, 2011, 05:19:58 PM »
<I don't need you,> Ultor Snarled at Josefina, <I will simply wait untill the oppertune moment and slip away, out of your ear and into the wilderness. I'd rather take my chances on finding some other host than let your friends kill me." Ultor tried to pick himself up with just three legs, but beneath the animals bulk he found it rather impossible.
  <Let me go now,> Ultor said to all those present, < and I will release your friend and slip away quietly, never to bother you again.>

Post Merged: February 14, 2011, 05:22:57 PM
Edward, Ultor's former host, sat in the woods. The woman pointing the dracon at him hadn't said anything for quite some time and he was wondering if he should just leave. "Are you okay?" Edward asked Olivia. It was getting kind of dark and the woods was no place for a defenceless millionaire.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 05:22:57 PM by Unknown User »
Meh.

radgeek

« Reply #839 on: February 14, 2011, 05:36:03 PM »
"Why did you hit that Kildor guy?" Olivia asked.  "Seemed like he was helping us."
"I'll ask again," Olivia said.  "Why did you hit that Kildor guy?  He seem to be helping us."