Author Topic: Our Summer Vacation...  (Read 40924 times)

Offline Horsefan1023 (Seal)

• RAF's Resident Tumbleweed Hater
  • God
  • TO THE BATMOBILE!
Re: Our Summer Vacation...
« Reply #1035 on: April 15, 2011, 06:36:37 PM »
Kristen slunk out of one of the side doors, avoiding scrutiny from the office.  She smiled--now she got to try out her falcon morph!  Ducking around the corner, so she wasn't by the door, Kristen pressed herself into the shadows, focusing on the morph.  A feather pattern rippled down her arm, drawing lines like an extremely intricate tattoo.  She smiled, pausing the morph their to appreciate it.  Then she shook herself into action, continuing the morph.  

After the swooping sensation in her stomach as she shrunk, she was a falcon.  Kristen raised her narrow wings, wondering what to do.  Then she remembered morphing her dog--the instincts just had to...take over, more or less.  And she flew.  That sense never ceased to amaze Kristen, she loved it.  Flying!  A thermal rising over the basketball court sent her shooting up.  She had to flap a harder than her pelican morph, but soon she was on her way to the library.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 11:40:23 PM by Beth »
Most Insane Member/RAFian Writer 2010!

Thanks to Bear!
Blue is my WonderTwin, Myth, Blocky, Jess, Kayla, Demos, Tony are my siblings, Shorty is my cousin, Bear is my RAFsupercodetective! (Yeah awesome!)
RAFdating Ghostie! :D
:raftrophy: RAFian Writer and Most Insane Member 2011!

radgeek

« Reply #1036 on: April 15, 2011, 11:30:24 PM »
Wintium stepped forward.  "I am the highest racking here other than yourself," Wintium said respectfully.

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #1037 on: April 16, 2011, 01:14:25 AM »
"...Is this a trap?" Brian said. He didn't like these questions. It... wasn't safe, he'd been taught. He may as well walk into the DMZ. "I uh... no?" He said. It wasn't fair for Jo to ask him right out of bed. How did she expect him to have any reasonable response?

The door opened. Sean walked in. "Well, I think that worked... Hopefully, Chad and Kristen will be at the library soon. We'd better not keep them waiting, guys."

((Lame-o half post FTW!))

radgeek

« Reply #1038 on: April 16, 2011, 08:48:23 AM »
Jo didn't know if Brian was telling the truth or not.  "I ask only because I would like your honest opinion," Jo said.  "Don't worry about offending me because this isn't even my DNA.  I just don't want people to look at ma and think I'm a guy.  I really don't like lies."  Jo didn't sound mad, more like a little sad, especially for that last sentence.

"You're right Sean," Olivia said.  She would start focusing on the moment and not the nightmare images that the night's dreams had left in her head.  The sleeping hours tortured her screams not being able to be heard, her body morphing against her will, killing against her will.  But that wasn't reality, for now, so she pushed it out of her mind.

• God
  • TO THE BATMOBILE!
« Reply #1039 on: April 16, 2011, 11:23:54 AM »
Kristen was amazed at the vision of the falcon.  Her only bird morph so far had been a pelican, but this...this was a world apart.  She marked each crack in the sidewalk, saw the grain of wood benches as she flew near Baldwin Park.  She corrected course slightly, heading straight for the library. 

But where do demorph?  And...crud.  She was in her morphing outfit.  Walking around a library barefoot and in a leotard wouldn't fly, she was guessing.  As her house didn't have the best air conditioning, could she sneak into her room?  But what then?  Her mom would be home--she worked at home--and she couldn't just stroll around.  <You'd think I would have planned this better,> She sighed to herself.  Her clothes were shoved in a shadowed corner outside the school.  Chances were nobody would see them--not many people went around there anyway, the dumpsters were around there--but she still needed them.  Maybe she could just morph something small and listen in in the library.

Thanks to Bear!
Blue is my WonderTwin, Myth, Blocky, Jess, Kayla, Demos, Tony are my siblings, Shorty is my cousin, Bear is my RAFsupercodetective! (Yeah awesome!)

Offline Josh (J)

• The Dude
  • God
  • Back from the dead.
    • Josh the Normal
« Reply #1040 on: April 16, 2011, 01:41:01 PM »
Chad was flying high in the sky as a peregrine falcon. He was amazed at the super vision that it had. Compared to humans, this beat it any day! In fact, he had been dissapointed that the flight was only for a few minutes. If he had more time...but no, he had to hurry up. He'd worn his morphing outfit under his regular clothes that morning, as he wasn't sure if he'd have to morph. He planned to stop at Sean's house before going to the library, as it was just a few minutes away. If someone would be there so he could change, he'd be ready to go.

After demorphing, he looked at himself before crossing the road. He wondered how weird he looked, but remembered that there were stranger people. Hoping someone was still at home, he knocked on the front door.

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #1041 on: April 16, 2011, 08:54:17 PM »
Brian craned his neck, glad for the semi-distraction. "Now who could that be?"

Sean started slightly. Why was someone here? He walked over and looked out the peephole. It was just Chad. He was visibly relieved, and opened the door. "That was ... fast. Any idea where Kristen is?"

Brian slumped into his seat, knowing he had to answer. "I wasn't lying, it's just... when you ask that, it makes guys nervous. It's... really hard to answer. I don't think that you do...." He felt very self-conscious.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 08:58:07 PM by Josh »

Offline donut

• Xtreme Member
  • Don't Blink
« Reply #1042 on: April 16, 2011, 09:27:17 PM »
Tarry woke up in a bad mood.  He had not meant to sleep as long as he did.  Still he had only gotten a couple of hours of sleep.  He realized he had not eaten in nearly 24 hours.  He flew to Sean's kitchen and began looking around.  He did not see anything lying around.  He flew to one of the cabinets and latched onto the handle with his talons. He grabbed the neighboring cabinet's handle with his beak.  It was difficult getting leverage, but he managed to open it after several attempts.  He knocked one of the containers out of the cabinet and pryed the lid off.  A black powder poored out of it.  Tarry tasted it.  It had a very strong, bitter taste, but he continued to eat the powder.  Eating the powder made him very thirsty.  It took him a few minutes to find where the humans stored their water.

Tarry returned to the main room of the apartment to find everyone except Kristen gathered around. 
<Why do you store your water in a white bowl so close to the ground?  It is a most inconvienent location.>

radgeek

« Reply #1043 on: April 16, 2011, 09:58:29 PM »
Into the anxiety, Tarry had brought humor.  Some of the tension broke and Olivia started laughing.  And laughing. And laughing...

Jo glanced over at Tarry's cage to see if Sean had put any water there.  Then decided to change the subject.  "Tarry, does this morph make me look like a guy?"
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 10:00:37 PM by Chris (Rad) »

Offline donut

• Xtreme Member
  • Don't Blink
« Reply #1044 on: April 16, 2011, 10:15:07 PM »
Tarry was confused by Olivia's response.

<It is difficult for me to tell that you are female without being in morph.>  Tarry replied to Josefina. 

Offline Unknown User

• RAF's Official Ellimist Expert
  • Xtreme Member
  • ^-^
« Reply #1045 on: April 16, 2011, 10:19:15 PM »
Visser Three, as was common with Andalites, kept his main eyes on the three people before him while searching in all directions with his stalk eyes. <What is your Rank and your position?> The Visser asked with a sort of mental sigh. Normally he would order a subordinate to do the interrogations, but he didn't quite trust anyone in this den of traitors and human loving scum. The Visser would have done away with the entire operation, but that might be seen as a sign of weakness by the council. Once an Invasion started, it was never stopped barring total failure. <Why have you allowed the death of your commander, fool that he was, and permitted anarchy to reign in his absence? Neither I nor my superiors look kindly on incompetence.>
---------------------------------------
After driving for ten minutes, Kildor arrived at the stairwell that would take him up to the  Library. The spy went through the process of getting the door to open and then checked on the hidden camera to make sure no one was around before he moved the book shelf hiding the entrance out of the way. A few moments later he was inside the library and standing by the information booth, reading a brochure.
One more thing I hate about humans he mused to himself as he watched a mother cleaning the face of her child, they are so ridiculously unsanitary it is repulsive.
Meh.

• God
  • TO THE BATMOBILE!
« Reply #1046 on: April 16, 2011, 10:21:59 PM »
Kristen was getting closer to the library when she spotted a familiar looking person.  She dived a little to get a better look and...yes, it was Chad.  He looked down at himself, and her laser eyes picked out every emotion crossing his face.  Slight distaste at his appearance, and nervousness as he entered an apartment building.  <That's odd,> she said to herself.  She spilled the air from her wings and went into a full dive.

The speed was incredible!  Falling, falling, falling, the swooping sensation in her stomach made adrenaline flood her body.  <Yeeeeee-haaaaaaaaaaaaah!>  She yelled from pure exhilaration, even though she kept it to herself.  She spread her wings, and the air punched into them.  Laughing in private thought-speak to herself, Kristen began circling the building.  A window caught her attention.  She saw Olivia there, laughing hysterically.  Sean's back was to her, in the open doorway, but she thought she saw a glimpse of Chad.  Beating her wings, Kristen called out.  <Would somebody open up a window?>  She asked.  <I can't hover here forever.>
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 10:37:07 PM by Beth »

Thanks to Bear!

radgeek

« Reply #1047 on: April 16, 2011, 10:42:10 PM »
Jo was offended by Tarry's comment.  But at the same Jo wondered of this had any thing to with how she was confused with guys most of the time.  She had ever really been girly.

Olivia was still laughing as she open the window for Kristen.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 10:54:27 PM by Chris (Rad) »

• God
  • TO THE BATMOBILE!
« Reply #1048 on: April 16, 2011, 11:02:35 PM »
Kristen struggled to stay aloft, but plummeted down to the ground.  <Oof!>  She straightened herself out.  <Note to self--falcons can't hover.>  She pumped her wings, gaining altitude again.  <Peregrine falcons, at least.  Thanks, Olivia,> She said, sweeping inside.  She glanced around.  <So...what's all this about?  I'm guessing I assumed right with you sending a message, Sean.>

Thanks to Bear!

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #1049 on: April 17, 2011, 12:28:00 AM »
No... he didn't.... Sean was honestly stunned by Tarry's statement. He rubbed his forehead. "Let me get you something better to drink..." He said. He grabbed a bowl and filled it at the tap. He then set it on the counter top along with a peeled banana and a handful of grapes from the fridge. "Have this. It's... a much better choice."

"...are you serious? You...?" Brian looked incredulous. Sean gave him a look and mouthed the word 'later'.

Then, Kristen announced her arrival. Well speak of the devil... . "Oh good, you're both here. Smart move coming here before the library. It must be a much shorter distance to here from school 'as the crow flies'. Traffic wasn't that bad." He looked at the microwave clock. "Okay, we've got like.. ten minutes before we have to go to the library." he tried thinking of everything the two needed to know before they left. "We're meeting Kildor there. He wants us to go down to the Yeerk Pool. And... probably today. That means we need to be ready. Here, eat up." Sean began passing out apples and granola bars. "We still don't want him to know about us three, so... we have to be in morph." Sean blanked. That was about all the planning that he had ready at the moment. "Tarry, you've got any ideas?"