Author Topic: Animorphs: A New Beginning  (Read 54690 times)

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
Re: Animorphs: A New Beginning
« Reply #675 on: September 28, 2008, 10:12:58 PM »
((no no, we NEEDED it to go ahead.  :)  >:D ))
*anything* is possible, *some* things are probable, this is what is.
And I will continue to deal with what is...
Until it is no more....

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Per scientia totus est ostendo sum
« Reply #676 on: September 29, 2008, 07:27:17 AM »
(Ok I can't very well save you guys now so what should I do?)
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I'm sitting on Jesse because he is comfy! XD
« Reply #677 on: September 29, 2008, 10:09:07 AM »
((AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH H!!!!!!!WTF? Huh? Ok. So, let me see if I can get this strait, since I MISSED THE WHOLE BATTLE?!  :'( That's no fun! Ok, so Cody, Hu, and Kelran were captured. Now Cody and Hu have escaped and Kelran's infested? And Cole was knocked unconscious in a corner? (Ok. I can figure out how to deal with that fact.) But, huh? Yeesh, this is what I get for deciding to spend some time with my parents, isn't it? Oh, did I miss anything in my random rant/attempt to catch-up with y'all?))

Nichole rubbed the back of her head. It still hurt from where she had been hit. The details were a bit fuzzy. All she remembered was pulling the alarm. Then there was a bit of a mad panic. She had ducked into a nearby room to demorph, figuring that in the panic, no one would realize she wasn't one of them. As she stepped out, someone had brushed into her and caused her to slam her head against the wall. After that all she remembered was stumbling up towards where Yarin was suppose to be before her world went black. She woke up to Yarin and a pounding head-ache. Now, there was a big knot in the back of her head.
"So, what are we doing?" she asked, trying to focus on Cody. She closed her eyes, trying to make the pain subside. Or at least ebb a bit. There were still a few lights dancing in her eyes.
I'm not real anymore. I am an illusion. -Rob Thomas, "I am an Illusion"

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #678 on: September 29, 2008, 10:22:00 AM »
"I am not sure I suggest we regroup and come up with a plan somewhere safe." yarin said "Let us go back to my ship." as he started to morph the Varkas.
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #679 on: September 29, 2008, 10:53:44 AM »
Nichole nodded, not really thinking strait, and began morphing herself. She was moving slower, due to the headache, but sped up the second her headache seemed to disappear. She barely beat Yarin in morphing, this time, though.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #680 on: September 29, 2008, 11:29:27 AM »
((Sorry. Kelran, Cloaked, and I seemed to be hanging out at the same time, and went wild with the thread. It was fun.))

Everyone made it to Yarin's ship, and no one was happy. Cody was pacing back and forth, trying to figure out what to do. He wondered how long Kelran would hang on. They would be expecting an assault on the pool, and rushing in there was not something they needed to do.

"Hu. Your invisibility cloak is our only chance to get through the defenses. That's the one thing they won't expect. The rest of us can morph small, and you can carry us inside." Cody said. He went to get the insect morph in Yarin's storage so Nichole could have a small enough morph.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #681 on: September 29, 2008, 02:47:14 PM »
((It's no problem. It was just kind of...overwhelming when I came on and had missed pages and pages of stuff...o.O))

"A bug. Did he just say he wanted me to morph a bug?" She asked Emily increduously. "That's so...disgusting!" She made a face. "I mean, I'm ok with bugs around the house, but I have to touch it? That's just EWW!"

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #682 on: September 29, 2008, 03:53:35 PM »
"I do not understand your hesitation however if you require another form I have others." Yarin said.

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #683 on: September 29, 2008, 04:01:05 PM »
The sound of dracon fire was overwhelmingly loud, the screams of the dead and dying, and the whine of ion thrusters were the only noises louder.
Bug fighetrs screamed overhead as thousands of Hork Bajir elite shock troops poured over the final command post of the Arn homeworld.
Suddenly there, in the shadows. An Arn scum. He raised his dracon and ruthlessly exterminated the foul being... but wait... another, right behind...
THWOCK!!! PAIN SEARING PAIN! A KNIFE THROUGH THE CHEST....

Kelran's body was deep in the throes of anaphylactic shock, for the 30th time in as many hours.  He had experienced this particular death 4 of those times, and it never got any easier. Had he been human his body would be effectively dead long ago. As it was his incredible metabolism was barely keeping him alive.

Kressillet knew this. And Kelran knew that he knew. There would be no more deaths for at least 20 minutes.
Kelran began counting down mentally, even though he knew Kressillet could see, and would start ahead of his countdown just to spite him.
The Gryphon had given up protecting all but his memories and bodily control. His stray thoughts were such a mess now anyway that there was little to glean from them.

<You miss him. Dont you?>
Kelran was mortified. Kressillet knew about his brother... that alone was an endgame.
Until it is no more....

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #684 on: September 29, 2008, 04:08:25 PM »
"I'm a girl; it's a bug. It's one of those things. But I'd much rather touch a human bug than an alien bug, because at least I know where it lives. I'd rather not end up with some anal dwelling butt bug or something equally revolting."

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
« Reply #685 on: September 29, 2008, 04:57:20 PM »
Hu had his arms crossed and his head was down.  He couldn't help but remember those holograms . . . those horrid holograms that showed his wife and children . . . showed them as living carcuses.  Smilodite zombies.  It wasn't an image to shake easily.  And what they said . . .

"Cody, that may not be true."  Hu said, voice unusually hoarse.  "Bened is aware of the legend of the Gray Cloak.  But he never put much stock into such legends. . . . So maybe it would work after all. . . ."

Hu felt weak and hollow, but he tried hard to conceal it.  Part of Hu wanted his satchel for the Devolution Draught, and, try as he might, Hu couldn't squash that part.

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #686 on: September 29, 2008, 05:17:03 PM »
Nichole noticed something was...wrong with Hu. But she didn't want to call him out in front of everyone. Instead, she said, "Listen, Cody, I think Yarin, Emily, and I can handle getting Kelran back. You two have done more than enough today. I don't know exactly what happened in there, but you two look bad. Real bad. You two need to rest." She crossed her arms, indicating that she wasn't going to back down easily. "And the more you argue, the more time we waste that we could be helping Kelran."

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #687 on: September 29, 2008, 05:48:42 PM »
Hu gazed at the human girl, and shook his head gently.  "It's kind of you to offer that Nichole that, but I must go.  Bened has purloined my satchel.  I want it back.  I need it back.  I cannot allow my fears and my past to dominate and control me."

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #688 on: September 29, 2008, 07:48:33 PM »
Kelran was fighting with every ounce of strength now...
barely cognizant of his part in the waking world he was heaving pieces of equipment around the medical bay and denting the concrete walls. The Visser was mildly amused, most of the other controllers were terrified.
No host had ever shown such extraordinary resilience with a Yeerk inside his head.

Kelran didnt feel extraordinarily resistant however.
<You want to go home dont you? but you cant. you will never be home again, not in your body, not in your mind, not with your family, not even with these foolish humans.>
<I may never see my world again... but I LIVE for the moment when Ill see you die... You say you have fought hard wars? Youve survived death and thats impressive... let me show you how I cheat death!>

Kelran siezed in his most vivid memories. The battle of Proceryon VI. And though he didn not know it, he had siezed his greatest weapon.
Death was an impressive experience to live through, but Kressillet have never been involved in battles as large dangerous and bloody as the ones Kelran had seen even as a cadet. For a being who had survived death so often, Kressillet was remarkably afraid of it... as are all who have cheated it at the expense of others.
Until it is no more....

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #689 on: September 29, 2008, 08:11:36 PM »
((Kelran, I was thinking that perhaps that Hu and Kelran eventually meet while the Gryphon is still infested.  Then he attacks Hu against his will, which gives Hu incentive to use the Devolution Draught.  For it?  Not?))

(January 7, 2020)