Author Topic: Animorphs: A New Beginning  (Read 54686 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: Animorphs: A New Beginning
« Reply #705 on: October 02, 2008, 07:52:05 PM »
Cody planned on running after Hu, but he noticed something strange with Bened. He was more alert than he should have been. Instead of being dazed, he just looked annoyed.

"What do you want?" He growled, menacingly.

Cody started running towards Hu, while some controllers began running as well. Somehow, he lost Hu, though. He turned a corner into the medical area, and noticed...Kelran! The guy did not look good, which indicated internal fighting. Cody stood there, in another Human form, wondering what the heck to do now.

((If Yarin and Traycon3 are posting every three days, it can only mean one thing. The Pool has internet access! The voluntaries must be allowed to surf the net while there.))

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
« Reply #706 on: October 02, 2008, 08:13:14 PM »
Hu was noticing a distinct hesitation of these parasite-loaded beings to use their beam weaponry.  This suited him just fine.  He reached for his satchel, but his ears twitched the slightest movement at a noise.  He did not think, Hu just reacted.

Hard elbow met Smilodite stomach, back hand met face -- and cracked a fang.  Hu seized his brother's head and brought his knee up.  It was powerful blow but not a lethal one.  Then Hu through some Vanishing Powder down, which he had to be careful about as Vanishing Powder is not very easily made compounded by the fact the plants are very rare, and he faded quickly from the area.

Hu had focused his thoughts on Cody and, if he was within a 350 feet radius to Hu, the Powder would take Hu to him.

((And Traycon participates in that Sharing Rebellion role-play thing, doesn't she?  Hmmm . . .))

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #707 on: October 02, 2008, 08:18:00 PM »
((Yeah, she's Tia there. And doesn't that girl talk about Traycon4 sometimes. That may be her Yeerk's username. Or maybe it's the other way around. What am I going to do, man? I'm dating the woman!))

Cody wandered off from the room, without saying anything. He was pretty sure he had acquired Bened, but the acquisition trance hadn't come. He didn't really know anything about what Yeerk was controlling Kelran, and that info could be important. He decided to ask around a little to see what rank the guy had, and what kind of personality he had.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 09:10:19 PM by Nohensen »

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Per scientia totus est ostendo sum
« Reply #708 on: October 02, 2008, 09:41:42 PM »
(Sorry my internet was down its still weak so i don't know when i'll be on again)
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #709 on: October 03, 2008, 09:14:41 AM »
((Ooh, been there,  yarin.  Good luck to you.  Nohensen, run.  Run away -- though that might tip her off. . . . j/k))

Hu landed in a rather small and constrained area.  His nosed picked up two familiar, friendly scents.  Human and Gryphon.  He decided to, as the toucan says, follow his nose.

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #710 on: October 03, 2008, 11:04:13 AM »
(so where is Yarin in all this)
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #711 on: October 03, 2008, 01:57:18 PM »
((You or Nichole need to decide where the other group is. I'm tired of dragging you people along, coming up with ideas. I'm sending you falling out of the nest like Sparrow chicks. Now fly or die.))

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #712 on: October 03, 2008, 02:27:12 PM »
((oh ouch!  :D  >:D errr if you need flying lessons... I happen to be an avian. office hours 10-5, not counting yeerk days))

"So you would say that you have an overwhelming need for revenge and a sense of ruthlessness?"
"More than you know...."
-----------------------------
Kelran knew the memory well. After his mother had died in the Kelbrid attack, he had been forced into a series of psychological evaluations. He knew he would pass, but they had been trying.
His defenses were wearing thin...
*anything* is possible, *some* things are probable, this is what is.
And I will continue to deal with what is...
Until it is no more....

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #713 on: October 03, 2008, 02:38:02 PM »
((That may have been a bit harsh, but it feels like this has been going on for a while. Yarin's going to have to stand on his own four feet now.))

Cody had found out something a bit frightening. The Yeerk in Kelran's head was some expert in breaking the wills of hosts. Kelran had been fighting hard for a while, but he was bound to break completely. After that, it was only a matter of time before their secrets were revealed. Cody didn't really have a plan, but he did have a dracon beam. One clean hit could be all it took. He held the weapon in his hand, but as he stared he noticed his hands were shaking.

Why were his hands shaking? Why would he even hesitate to kill that loose cannon Kelran? They hated each other. Right? Why had he moved to save Kelran before? He believed it may have just been the croc in him, wanting to sink its teeth into something. But was it more?

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #714 on: October 03, 2008, 02:42:22 PM »
Hu managed to track Cody and Kelran down -- though being able to do so worried him.  Bened has the same, acute senses that all Smilodites have and are trained to use at a young age.  ((Similiar to PE and humans, by the way.  And Nohensen, that was blunt, but, I think, effective.))

Hu worried about the Gryphon, who seemed to look ruffled and some feathers looked out of place.  Hu could not imagine what he's going through.  Hu found Cody and related his worries to him, about both Kelran and the fact that Hu could track him here with little difficulty.

Then he noticed Cody's quadry (sp?).  "Cody, what exactly are you planning on doing with that?"

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #715 on: October 03, 2008, 02:59:22 PM »
(lol its two feet im bipedal quadramanded perhaps yarin could form a telepathic link to strengthen kelran's resolve?)

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #716 on: October 03, 2008, 03:16:01 PM »
((Sorry, I thought you had four feet as well as four arms. My oopsie. Yarin could do something like that, but it may give away the fact that he's near.))

Cody didn't really say anything after Hu asked him the question. He just kind of stared at the settings switch. Lower for stun, and higher for kill. "I don't know, Hu. I...don't know myself anymore. Does that make sense? I'm not going crazy, am I? Do you think I'm going crazy?"

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #717 on: October 03, 2008, 05:18:32 PM »
"Bened is crazy." Hu said.  "You?  Not so much."

Hu folded his arms, and continued, "This war is a lot to handle.  But we all must.  You are a young, less than an Aruten year old.  This I understand.  It may be very hard, but you must know who you are and who you aren't.  You do not strike me as one who kills in cold blood.  You are not a Bened."

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #718 on: October 03, 2008, 05:42:38 PM »
"Right." Cody said, and set the beam to the fourth setting. "We don't have the force necessary to drag him out of here in front of everyone, like we did Bened. We'll have to have some kind of cover. Knock him out or stun him, then put him inside something. Then get that out of here."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #719 on: October 03, 2008, 05:56:02 PM »
Hu thought.  The Cryos Crystals would freeze him, but it wouldn't last very long and it would make Kelran heavier.  The Disorientation Dust would be futile and useless.  The Euphoria Elixir would be just as useless, besides Hu didn't have any in stock.  The Devolution Draught?  No, Hu thought, too dangerous.

But the Vanishing Powder!  That could work.  But it would only work for a 350 mile radius.  And their would be the danger of reappearing where solid matter already exists.

((Kelran, attack me!  Yeah, you heard me, attack! ;)))

(January 7, 2020)