Author Topic: Animorphs: A New Beginning  (Read 54729 times)

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Per scientia totus est ostendo sum
Re: Animorphs: A New Beginning
« Reply #360 on: August 27, 2008, 06:29:24 PM »
Yarin was suddenly filled with an intense anger towards this alien, it was because of him and his companion that he had to end his date with Nichole. Quickly he slammed the alien up against a tree pinning him there with his four arms he stuck his face close to the aliens face and in a low angry whisper said "What I want is to know why you are here and why you appeared during my pre-mating ritual?"
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
« Reply #361 on: August 27, 2008, 06:39:29 PM »
"You made a mistake," Hu growled.  Then he unsheathed his claws, ignored the furious desire to plunge them into this alien.  Hu twisted out of the hold, his fur making him slippery, and then he said.  "Don't make me use this blast root -- it will cause an explosion with a diameter of a few feet, but it will be quite painful."

Then he registered what the alien said, and he was astonished.  He relaxed, he didn't realize his true exhaustion before now.  "I did not mean to interrupt anything. . . . You think I'm here on purpose?  That I had any choice in the matter?  To land in world ruled seemingly by unusually large Prosims? . . . Do what you wish to me, alien, you could not do me more pain then I already feel."

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #362 on: August 27, 2008, 07:15:19 PM »
Yarin's anger was suddenly replaced by pity. "I apologize for my actions a moment ago I was angry, please tell me of your problems I am a scientist, perhaps I can help."
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #363 on: August 27, 2008, 07:35:00 PM »
"My name is Hu Tyger.  I am a Smilodite, and we call our planet Aruten."  Yarin gave Hu the necessary introduction as well.

"The method by which I arrived on this world is a mystery to me, in its workings.  But the term I believe is an interdimensional/interplanetary wormhole.  So, naturally, I don't know if I'm even in my home dimension.  The one I hunt down is called Bened."

Hu heaved a sigh.  It felt like he had a thousand-pound weight upon his chest that was loosing with every word.  But he didn't want to admit that Bened was his brother.

"He's commited . . . horrible crimes.  It's my duty to either bring him before the Smilodite Council for sentencing, which is not looking very likely . . . or to . . . to kill him.  To eliminate him before he harms anyone else.  He's a traitorous piece of work.  He's backstabbed me, and my father, . . .  quite literally."

Hu really didn't think he could talk about his wife or children, that was wound that was still very fresh and very painful.

"On my home world, I was a mage apprentice.  Learning the plants and animal husbandry was easy for me, but preparing them into the various draughts and powders -- you probably noticed the Disorientation Powder I used back there -- and then there are more offensive uses.  Blast roots.  Vine bolas.  And the like."

The Hu sheathed his claws, feeling embarrissed having not done so earlier -- on Aruten such things were seen as rude, as it demonstrated hostility.

"I really need to find Bened again.  But I have to do it alone.  He is my responsibility."

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #364 on: August 27, 2008, 09:14:14 PM »
Cody's POV:

Seeing Yarin's emotional outburst also made Cody edgy. If Yarin was mad, then Cody felt slightly angered for his friend as well. But Hu seemed to have been betrayed by the other Smilodite. Bened.

<I understand if you want to take responsibility for something, but you're on a different and dangerous world. Perhaps we can help you find Bened. When we do, we'll let you decide what will be done.> Cody said.

He wasn't sure if he should demorph or not, just in case any cop controllers were following him. He felt confident that if they were followed that Kelran would spot them, though. He also wondered how long such a big guy could soar up there before getting tired.

Emily's POV:

((You said Tia instead of Nichole, Traycon. Try not to mix up your RPG names.))

"We need to keep our identities secret. We're safe to talk here because of the glass between us and the driver, but if we disappeared after the party the controllers would figure things out. Besides, I know I can't do anything yet. I did managed to catch a finch in a net near one of our bird feeders, though. Unfortunately, even that is useless at night."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #365 on: August 27, 2008, 09:22:08 PM »
"It will be difficult to locate Bened, especially if he doesn't want to be found," Hu said, more civilly to the strange four-legged creature that apparently came.  "His knowledge of Aruten herbs and potions are probably second only to my own, which is in turn second to my master's.  But there may be something I can do through him off . . ."

He opened his satchel, and took out a small, springy, moss-like broccoli stalk.  "I have ten of these Colibro herbs.  They will protect you from the Disorientation Dust -- well, if you were a Smilodite.  I don't know your alien biology.  It could very well be toxic -- or cause you to smell like a rotting Marse carcus . . ."

He held the herb out to the quadroped animal -- the six-eyed alien had already proven impervious to the Dust.

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #366 on: August 27, 2008, 10:00:43 PM »
Kelran decided to drop in,
"<((we are clear for a half mile radius, Im coming down, I dont think well be staying here too much longer anyways))>"

He wasnt really tired, but he was very curious.
As good as the life-form's hearing seemed to be, Kelran chose to glide in, of course Hu heard him the moment he hit the gound behind him, and turned in time to see Kelran shake of a bit of dust and ruffle his folded wings into place.
*anything* is possible, *some* things are probable, this is what is.
And I will continue to deal with what is...
Until it is no more....

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I'm sitting on Jesse because he is comfy! XD
« Reply #367 on: August 27, 2008, 10:29:49 PM »
((*Uses Jedi mind trick* You did not see me screw up like that. By the by, thanks...I can't believe I did that. *Shakes head* But it's fixed now...))

"Which means by the time it's all said and done, we're gonna miss the action with the weird feline alien because we're stuck in a limo, which is very comfortable, by the way, so as not to be caught by Controllers. I think I can live with that." She sighed, leaning back in the limo. "Though I'm a bit miffed that this dress got messed up.," she commented, picking at the spot where it had gotten burned. "It was rather pretty."
I'm not real anymore. I am an illusion. -Rob Thomas, "I am an Illusion"

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #368 on: August 28, 2008, 11:45:23 AM »
Hu turned to see a large creature drop down.  Hu wasn't feeling hostility, but he couldn't suppress the cubbish ((Smilodite term for "childish")) curiosity at a new creature.  He had always had taken most interest in non-Smilodite animals, though this wasn't necessarily the same thing.  He was still holding the blast root and Colibro herb.  He decided to put them away.

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #369 on: August 28, 2008, 11:47:07 AM »
Cody demorphed and took the herb. He gave it a cautionary lick, but it didn't taste bad. He took a small bite, and waited, but nothing bad happened. Then he ate the whole thing.

"I guess if something goes wrong, I can morph the toxin away." He hoped.

They all started walking in the direction that Bened had gone off to. Hu was getting a bit tired, so uless Bened had much higher endurance he should be getting a bit tired too.

"He shouldn't get too much farther before we catch up to him. Maybe."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #370 on: August 28, 2008, 01:45:06 PM »
Kelran shrugged,
"Well, Im not tired, I consumed an inordinate amount of seafood at the 'club' and if you like, Ill fly ahead and catch him."
He tunred to Hu, "By the by, forgive my lack of manners, I am Kelran-Isthinar. and you are?"
Until it is no more....

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #371 on: August 28, 2008, 02:08:26 PM »
Hu gave a curtious bow to the one called Kelran-Isthinar, and said quietly.  "I am Hu Tyger.  A mage apprentice Smilodite from Aruten."

Then as they walked, Hu proceeded to fill Kelran, as well as the others in on everything, except his wife and children.  He didn't want to recall up those memories.  He didn't mention that Bened was his little brother, either, because he was trying to distance himself from that fact and the feelings of betrayal that would undoubtingly accompany it.

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #372 on: August 28, 2008, 07:54:39 PM »
As Hu talked Kelran saw that he had a great deal of emotion attached to all this, but just why and exactly how much, and precisely what emotions were a mystery. It was however safe to guess that Hu hated Bened for the crimes he had commited, and hated him bitterly.
Kelran could identify with that feeling. He hated the Kelbrid and now the Yeerks fairly passionately. The Kelbrid especially.

"Sometime Id like to get you and Yarin to my cave for a long discussion on our species cultures and teachnology. Its not often one gets to make first contact 4 times on behalf of ones species" Kelran was of course lumping the yeerks in there, but by ;contact' he meant smashing their skulls.
Until it is no more....

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #373 on: August 28, 2008, 08:41:13 PM »
When he arrived at Kelran's cave, he felt this was far more civilized then those odd boxes that the Pro -- humans, as they were called -- dwelled in.  After all, Smilodites made their homes in caves, though adding doors or whatnot.

It was this, more than anything else, that reminded him of the happy life he used to have.

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #374 on: August 28, 2008, 08:47:37 PM »
"I would enjoy that."  Yarin said, I am sure there is a lot we can learn from each other.  Shall we begin now?"