Author Topic: Animorphs: A New Beginning  (Read 54725 times)

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
Re: Animorphs: A New Beginning
« Reply #375 on: August 28, 2008, 08:54:04 PM »
Kelran said goodnight to Cody, it had apprently been decided that pursuing Bened was fruitless until the next day at least.

He flicked on his new lighting fixture, and pulled some rocks back into the cave that he ahd left out all day.
They were very warm and made good seats for him and Hu, who both used a very feline laying down position to relax.

"So, who wants to start?"
*anything* is possible, *some* things are probable, this is what is.
And I will continue to deal with what is...
Until it is no more....

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #376 on: August 28, 2008, 09:01:52 PM »
Cody introduced himself during the walk to the cave, since the other two had already done so. After they got to the cave, he left to go find the others and fill them in on what happened. Then he went to Yarin's ship, and went to sleep. He wasn't really interested in listening to the others talk about their cultures, since half or more of it would likely be over his head anyway.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Per scientia totus est ostendo sum
« Reply #377 on: August 28, 2008, 09:06:50 PM »
"I will begin my people are masters of genetic manipulation nearly all the flora and fauna on Nya has been designed with a purpose.  We also have two moons both of which are colonized."  Yarin said.
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
« Reply #378 on: August 28, 2008, 09:45:15 PM »
"My kind evolved from hunters, predators." Hu said, unconsciously rubbing his fangs, which were little more then vestigel ((sp?)) structures.  "We honor the planet, the forests.  We have, as you pretty much have seen, a variety of herbs and powders for offensive, defensive, and restorative properties.  Smilodites, on average, live only eight to ten years. . . . But that is in our terms.  I do not know what terms it was on this planet, whatever it is called."

Hu wondered if he should tell them about the dangers of the Devolution Draught he had with him, but one vial of.  He decided against it . . . he hoped to never use it, as he was sure of the long-term effects.  He had been made a Master Mage even though he felt that he knew so little.

"Smilodites make our homes in caves, such as this, though we usually adapt a door to it.  And our sky is the purest white imaginable.  Also, female Smilodites have fur more yellow in color than we males.  Our marriage ceremo-- er, never mind."

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #379 on: August 28, 2008, 10:11:57 PM »
((The Devolution wouldnt work completely on Kelran unless he was in morph, at which point it would kill him. when not in morph it would make him very ill, possibly for months, but nothing more. His genetic code is too dense to be decomplied o altered by anything but the absolutely most powerful energy. certainly its impossible chemically. besides Gryphons have very little devolution anyways.))

"Well, our species is cnetered aroound the warrior culture, despite technology when planetside we prefer to integrate it into the organic of the planet as seamlessly as possible. no doors, little perma-glass to speak of.
We never really had evolution. We keep good records, but they just stop, as does every bit of evidence of our existaence exactlly 17,000 years ago.

We did however microevolve more versatile skeletons with the introduction of technology.

Our wolds are usually like this one in principle, but often more.... 'fantastic' by human standards.

So, tell me about your technologies, how do you travel faster than light usually? and explain this z-space drive...."
*anything* is possible, *some* things are probable, this is what is.
And I will continue to deal with what is...
Until it is no more....

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #380 on: August 29, 2008, 08:37:46 AM »
((Kelran, Hu was planning on using it on himself, if he needed to.  I probably didn't make that clear, though.))

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #381 on: August 29, 2008, 08:59:41 AM »
Cody got up in the morning, though it wasn't as early as he had been getting up the past week. "I guess the lack of sleep caught up with me." He said to himself.

He decided to fly out to the observatory and do some checking. The owners built the building outside of town so the city lights and such wouldn't get in the way of their star gazing. There were guards standing and walking around, but it wasn't Fort Knox tight. In golden eagle morph, he took note of the security cameras. He also morphed his insect and went through the ventilation shafts in order to find one of the workers and grab a Human morph.

Some of the doors needed key cards, but Cody figured if he stole one that they'd upgrade security until they found it. <This shouldn't be too big of a job. Kelran, Yarin, and I can do this without the other's help.> He thought as he lfet the place.

((I've been wondering. Would it be possible for the others to thought speak to Yarin in their default forms? Yarin should be able to use thought speak in Human form. If they're all in a group as Humans, then anyone could possibly project their thoughts to Yarin, and he can relay the message around to the rest of the group. Since he has mind reading powers, can the rest of the group use a kind of thought speak to him, by prompting him to read their thoughts?))

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Per scientia totus est ostendo sum
« Reply #382 on: August 29, 2008, 09:06:13 AM »
"Z-space or Zero-space is a state of non-existence in a different but accessible plane from our own. it does not seem to be relative to real space, though it is navigational and is used for extensive space travel. Special Zero-space engines are needed on a ship for it to travel though it."  Yarin said.

(that could work it wouldn't exactly be thoughtspeak though)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 09:09:43 AM by yarin »
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I'm sitting on Jesse because he is comfy! XD
« Reply #383 on: August 29, 2008, 10:50:35 AM »
Nichole had been pacing around her dorm worried when Cody arrived and told her what had happened. After he left, she sat down on her bed, not sure whether to be furious with Yarin for not telling him herself or relieved that he was alright. She settled on a bit of both. So, she caught a bus to a spot where she knew she could at least walk to where she wanted to be. Alone. At night. After about half a mile, she decided that a panther would be easier to work with and morphed.
Finally she reached the cave. <Hey, Kelran, is Yarin still there?> she called.
I'm not real anymore. I am an illusion. -Rob Thomas, "I am an Illusion"

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #384 on: August 29, 2008, 11:28:13 AM »
((Daphnes, remember that Hu can't become a human via morphing, he's violently allergic to the tech.  Of course, we haven't found that out, in-story.))

Hu noticed a slightly familiar, but all the same alien smell wafting nearby.  He went out to investigate, and saw a black creature not too different in form from his evolutionary ancestors . . . only with significantly smaller fangs and no armor plating on their back. . . .

Hu gazed at the creature with Smilodite curosity.

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #385 on: August 29, 2008, 11:35:03 AM »
((I think Cody is going to be more hesitant about inviting Hu into the group than with Kelran. Since Kelran isn't falling in line, he'd worry that Hu wouldn't either. I'll remember about the morphing alergy. There was an Andaile in the Animorph series that couldn't morph because he was allergic to the tech, but I don't think it explained what happened when they tried to give it to him. We'll have to make up something to happen to Hu.))

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #386 on: August 29, 2008, 11:38:51 AM »
((Oh, that makes sense.  BTW when I said violently allergic, I meant if Hu tried, he'd be zapped by the cube.  It may not be realistic, I realize.  Hu would be hesistant to leave to forest, anyway.  He finds the human world of buildings far more alien.  If he needed to become more dangerous, he could always down the Devolution Draught and become a very large, dangerous creature. . . . He also needs to discover his cloak's ability to become invisible in natural light -- though that's not infallible, in and of itself.))

(January 7, 2020)

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #387 on: August 29, 2008, 11:42:23 AM »
<Woah,> Cole commented, turning her head to face Hu. She could tell both by scent and by sight that he was definately not from Earth. And something about him looked a bit familiar. <What are you? Who are you? Whatever.>

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #388 on: August 29, 2008, 11:46:40 AM »
"I am Hu Tyger, a Smilodite," he said cautiously.  Was this a friend or foe?  He couldn't be sure.  He'd have to ask Kelran, or Yarin.  But he still didn't unsheath his claws, it seemed to be a bit excessive in this scenario.  He was very unsure of what course of action to take.

(January 7, 2020)

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #389 on: August 29, 2008, 12:52:38 PM »
<Nice to meet you. You wouldn't have happened to see any odd looking aliens would you?> She wagged her tail a bit, her ears constantly in motion.