Author Topic: Animorphs: A New Beginning  (Read 49909 times)

Offline jmnar4

Re: Animorphs: A New Beginning
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2008, 06:12:41 AM »
Jason huddled with the others behind the low wall and watched as the Yeerk ships touched down, surrounding Elfangor's ship.  A hatch on the larger ship opened and out came two kinds of creature, things out of a nightmare.  The first creature stood about seven feet tall, stood on two T.Rex-like legs, had a beak like that of a falcon, and had blades coming out of its wrists, elbows, knees, tail, and the top of its head.  <Hork-Bajir Controllers.> them heard Elfangor say in thought speech.  <The Hork-Bajir are a peaceful race despite their appearance>  "Who would have guessed that," Jason muttered sarcastically.  The second kind of creature looked like a giant, mutant centipedes that walked with part of its body held upright and supported by dozens of legs.  Its head, if you could call it a head, were four eyes that looked like globs of JELL-O and a circular mouth that was full of tiny needle like teeth.  <Taxxon Controllers.  The Taxxons are a evil race allied with the Yeerks.>  "Why am I not surprised," Jason muttered to himself.  Suddenly the Hork-Bajir and Taxxon stopped and turned to face the larger ship, as a figure appeared at the hatch.

(To avoid copying the book we should come up with a different Visser and not Visser 3.  Any suggestions?)

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2008, 08:34:43 AM »
(Not using Visser Three? ??? What if the new guy has a host that can change its body shape, but just not quite like morphing. Kind of like Venom in Spiderman? Or somewhat like the Veleek in Megamorphs #1?)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 09:44:11 AM by Daphnes »

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline jmnar4

« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2008, 08:45:43 PM »
(lets have the visser we face be a human, but is someone none of us have never seen before.)

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2008, 08:59:50 PM »
(lets have the visser we face be a human, but is someone none of us have never seen before.)
(A Human controller? That's about as nonthreatening as it gets. It would ruin his character.)

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Per scientia totus est ostendo sum
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2008, 12:19:33 AM »
The figure walked off the ship Yarin studied its form it was bipedal with dark shiny skin that seemed to flow like a viscous liquid, and two large eyes that reflected light. Suddenly Yarin realized what it was. "it is a Calveroid they are a semi-solid species with the ability to alter their physical form."
"You mean they can morph?" one of the humans asked. "No not exactly, from what I understand about them, they simply loose cohesion, change shape and resolidify as something else. They are normally peaceful and friendly only using this ability for entertainment." Yarin said.  <That is Visser 5, he wants to enslave your people quickly leave before you are destroyed.> Elfangor said.
Visser 5 stared at the doomed  Andalite prince and laughed evilly then he began to change shape, growing larger and larger until he towered over Elfangor. Yarin and the young humans ran from that awful scene but no matter how far he ran Yarin knew he could never forget what he just witnessed.

(i can change this if needed i just made up the Calveroids)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 10:35:21 AM by yarin »
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I'm sitting on Jesse because he is comfy! XD
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2008, 07:43:46 AM »
((Ooh, I like these Calveroids. Very interesting. And, yes, much more interesting than a human Controller. And I just realized who they sort-of remind me of. Sort-of.))

"You mean they can morph?"
The second that question had flown out of her mouth, she immedietly wanted to hit herself. Of course it didn't mean they can morph! Had Star Trek taught her nothing? Had Odo? She was about to take the question back when one of the aliens explained. Then the other mentioned Visser Five. Something about the name itself sent chills down her spine.
However, she couldn't let him just die. She stood her ground, tears bluring her eyes, ready to defend Elfangor. The rest of the world seemed to vanish, though, as Visser Five approached. Her mind went blank, relaying only basic instructions to her body. Stand your ground.
A few seconds before Visser Five was upon them, Elfangor finally managed to shove her hard enough with the side of his tail-blade to get her to move. <GO!> He shouted, wheezing a bit from both the pain of the wound and from the exertion of having to try and shove her.
Reality returned, and she reluctantly ran, going faster than she had ever moved it seemed. Her main thought was focused on finding some sort of weapon to attack the alien with. Something. Anything. Tears streamed down her eyes at the fact that the only weapons were either hand-to-hand or rocks that she knew were either too light to do any damage or too heavy to throw.
Then she looked back and almost wet herself. If the fact that it wasn't a dream hadn't sunk in before, it sure as heck was alive and well now. The creature towered over Elfangor, looking more menacing than anything she had ever seen on TV or otherwise.
She turned back and started running towards her school before she could witness any more.
I'm not real anymore. I am an illusion. -Rob Thomas, "I am an Illusion"

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2008, 09:36:02 AM »
Any concern Cody felt for that poor Andalite vanished as a small army of dangerous aliens came out of those ships. Plus that Visser 5 character that the nicer alien called a Calveroid. Cody ran and ran down the allyways and across streets. He had no real place of safety to run to, but his mind screamed to run and save himself!

Finally he passed out in some dark, secluded part of town. There he lay, curled up and crying from all the fear.

The next morning we woke up, screaming. He found himself still alone, and wondering if any part of last night was real.

"Okay Cody," He said to himself. "You have two choices: You can leave this horrible town and never look back, or you can stay and try to make sense of what was happening."

He patted himself over to make sure he wasn't injured, and found the blue morphing cube was tucked in his pocket. The Andalite had given them the power to morph any creature they touched, in the hopes they would be able to save their people. If Cody left everything, he would feel a little guilty. Especially with this box serving as a constant reminder of things.

He decided to walk around town, and see if he could find those people again. If they all agreed they were too scared to fight, then he could leave without feeling guilty. He wrapped the box in some foil he found in a trash can, and put it back in his pocket. Then he went for a walk.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline jmnar4

« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2008, 05:09:13 PM »
Jason stared in horror as Visser 5 began to change its shape.  It became a creature straight out of one's worst nightmare, and made the Taxxons and Hork-Bajir look like nothing.  He knew what was going to happen next, and as if reading his mind, the others took off running, Jason wasted no time in following.  Jason ran through the construction site, dodging obstacles of every kind and didn't look back, and didn't stop running until he was distance from the site.  The rest of the way home, Jason kept looking all around him, half expecting something to jump out of the darkness at him, but nothing did.  He finally reached his house and let himself in.  After making a convincing excuse to his parents about where he had been, Jason went to his room and tried to fall asleep, all the while going over the events of the past few hours and kept wondering if it was just his imagination or if it was all real.

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2008, 10:20:25 PM »
Somehow, Nick made it back to her dorm room. Her roommate was no-where to be found, but she honestly didn't notice, nor would she have cared.
She barely had her basic undergarments out from under her clothes when her knees buckled and she landed on the bed. Not even bothering to remove her jeans, she slid under the covers and curled up with her stuffed animals. Her glasses were lobbed at the nearby desk, but she didn't bother to see if they had landed safely.
She finally fell asleep about an hour later, the scene still playing in her mind. Surely it had to be a dream.

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2008, 09:22:24 PM »
Yarin quickly crawled into the room sensing only one human present he spoke to it <You are the female identified as Nicole?> he asked. She woke up a bit confused. "Who's there." she asked. <It is I Yarin, the alien you met tonight I have acquired this small mammal but I need revert to my original form soon.> Then he began demorphing soon he was back in his own body. "I need you to gather the other humans, I need a human morph there is a morphing  technique I know of called the Frolis Maneuver it will blend each of your DNA giving me a unique individual human morph." Yarin said.
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2008, 09:28:06 PM »
"This is stupid. I'm never going to find these people in the middle of a city. I've never even seen them before, especially that spider alien with too many limbs." Cody mumbled to himself after hours of walking. What was he supposed to do? He found himself back at the site where the Andalite died, but he couldn't tell where the others fled to from there.

Then the idea came to him. He went to a room further in the site where he had slept before, and uncovered a small hiding place he had made. He stuck the box in, and took out some cash. He used to money to take a cab to the nearest pound. In the pond he found a bloodhound and acquired its DNA through touch. He then went back to the site.

Making sure no one was around, he began concentrating on the dog. He watched his body as fur grew all over his skin, and his insides rearranged themselves. He shrugged off his pants and shirt soon before it was complete.

Then his entire world changed. Sight was no longer of much importance, especially compared to smell. And oh, the things he could smell! Humans, aliens, roadkill, trash, and about a million other things from here to halfway down the road. He had been worried before about morphing, but now all that worry vanished. He was optimistic and happy. The world was his smelly playground, and he knew that when he found the others it would be time to play.

He started with the scent of the Human male from last night. His scent was very clear, and Cody followed it. Everything would be fine now. The day was bright and warm, and all his energy was pointed towards the hunt. Far in the back of his mind, though, something nagged at him. Something about time? Oh, who cared. He was having fun!

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2008, 05:17:54 AM »
"Oh, lord. It's not a dream." She flopped back onto the matress, yanking the covers over her head and screaming. "Sorry," she said when she pulled the covers off her face. "Now, your plan sounds great, and everything. There's just one problem. I have no clue who those other people were." She rubbed her eyes and made a motion with her hands. "I need a bit of privacy. You mind?" She squinted in the darkness at the alien. This was going to get a bit of getting used to. "Seriously. Privacy. Now."

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2008, 01:48:35 PM »
Yarin turned away and shut his six eyes not sure why. After a little while Nicole told him to come back in and they began to discuss their situation so far.  "We haven't been properly introduced." he said "My name is Yarin and I am a Nyac." 
"How are we going to find the others?" Nicole asked.  "Well I found you by scanning your brainwaves I’m from a telepathic species." Yarin said.
"Well if we're going to search for them you'll need a disguise. Here put these on." she said handing him some clothing, a long coat and head covering. “Hold on.? He said as his skin change color from normal gray to match her skin tone. “How do I look?”  he asked. “Great.”, she said as the went to find the others.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2008, 02:09:20 PM »
(Jmnar4 is late.)

After sniffing around for a while, across streets and through yards, Cody finally found a house with a lot of Jason's scent. This was it! But now what to do?

Cody was vaguely in control of the morph, and was aware that there were animal instincts in his dog brain. He also knew that demorphing could be a problem. What was he supposed to do about clothing once he demorphed? Was it possible to morph some clothes?

He walked into an open garage and rested after all that walking. He began demorphing, and also tried to focus on a shirt and jeans. The end result was tattered and torn, but he managed to come out with some semblance of a red shirt and blue jeans.

"Not much worse than what I usually wear. Now to go see if that guy wants to talk." Cody said as he made his way to the front door.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 02:36:38 PM by Daphnes »

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline jmnar4

« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2008, 07:13:00 PM »
(i was waiting for the rest of you to make a post.)

Jason awoke to the sound of knocking on his bedroom door.  "Jason," his mother called, "there is a boy named Cody here to see you."  "Cody?" Jason got up, nearly tripping over Max, his german shepard, who had somehow got into his room.  "What a way to start off the morning," Jason muttered.  After a quick change into jeans and a t-shirt, he went downstairs to find Cody standing outside.  It was then that Jason recognized him, one of the people who had been with him at the construction site the night before.  Some luck for that being just a dream.  "What are you doing here," Jason asked Cody, going outside and shutting the door so no one could hear them, "And how did you find my house?"