Author Topic: Animorphs: A New Beginning  (Read 49906 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: Animorphs: A New Beginning
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2008, 07:59:01 AM »
OoC: Would you like to be captured and rescued, Yarin, or meet us in the middle of the battlefield?

"Hey, there's another alien fighting the Yeerks. He's surrounded. We must help him!"

Here's a suggestion. The Human group eventually makes it to the pool. There they meet Yarin, who helps them get out.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 09:12:50 AM by Daphnes »

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline jmnar4

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2008, 12:48:39 PM »
-if you are going to speak out of character use parentheses (,). 

-Daphnes, i like your idea about how we will meet Yarin.  we'll go with it. 

-and could someone refresh my memory what the Escafil Device is.

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I'm sitting on Jesse because he is comfy! XD
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2008, 01:09:58 PM »
((The Escafil Device is the blue box. I'm almost positive of this fact.))
I'm not real anymore. I am an illusion. -Rob Thomas, "I am an Illusion"

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Per scientia totus est ostendo sum
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2008, 01:49:02 PM »
yes it is and i like that idea about me being captured and rescued
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2008, 02:43:15 PM »
(Yes, it's the blue morphing cube. I can put that Cody goes back to the construction site, and sees the cube. It's now Jmnar4's turn. Or Yarin can post something. Go!)

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2008, 03:30:24 PM »
(im confused, i feel like i  missed something how are you suddenly in a battle also am i captured at the moment and am i able to fight back or am i subdued?)
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline jmnar4

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2008, 08:43:53 PM »
(hang on everyone.  we just can't go to the construction site and find the morphing cube.  we have to do the whole sequence with Elfangor so we learn about the Yeerks and the morphing)

Jason was bored.  Nothing exciting was happening at the mall so he decided to head home.  Leaving the mall, Jason considered which way he should go, the long way just to be safe or take his chances and cut through the construction site.  "What the heck," Jason thought, "I need something to happen."  He cut across the road and headed for the construction site.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2008, 10:01:07 PM »
(im confused, i feel like i  missed something how are you suddenly in a battle also am i captured at the moment and am i able to fight back or am i subdued?)
(No battle right now. And you're not captured unless you want to be, or until you want to be. I was just saying that when the group eventually egts down to the Yeerk Pool, that's where we could meet Yarin. You decide how your character gets there. You can post stuff about getting to Earth and everything.)

(One more question. Are we allowed to control the other characters in any way, or are we restricted to having only our own characters do things?)

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2008, 11:12:59 PM »
Yarin burst out of Z-space a few hundred miles from the planet below, Earth. With a population of roughly 6 billion if the Yeerks conquered this world they would become unstoppable.
As he entered the Earth's atmosphere he engaged the automatic pilot and instructed his ship's computer to reduce speed and begin standard landing procedures.
Nothing happened, he tried again.  "Computer reduce speed!" he said forcefully. Still nothing, he was rapidly approaching the planet's surface there was nothing he could do he was going to crash.  Yarin braced himself as he hit the planet's surface, luckily the forcefield activated in time or he would have been destroyed, as it was he only had a mild concussion and his upper left arm was broken. Quickly he exited his damaged ship and surveyed his surroundings, some empty or decaying buildings, heaps of twisted metal and wood, no humans within the immediate area. He would hide out here until his injuries could heal.

(I made him land in the construction site a few days before all of your characters get there if that's not ok i can change it.)

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2008, 09:19:51 AM »
(So Yarin is going to be at the site? That's cool with me.)

The alien ship landed, but after it did, Cody noticed it had been attacked. Part of the hull was melted, like something else had blasted it was a laser. The door opened, and out stepped a blue haired alien. It was like a centaur, but the head was wrong. It had no mouth, and there were extra eyes on stalks. It had a muscular, flexible tail with a blade on the end.

<I am Elfangor Sirinial Shamtul. I will not harm you.> He said as he walked slowly down a ramp. Then he stumbled and fell, and Cody noticed he was injured. For a moment, fear was replaced with concern.

"You're hurt. We have to get you somewhere safe." Cody said as the group gathered around the alien.

<There is no time. I am dying, and the Yeerks are coming. Parasitic beings from another planet have come to invade your world. We tried to stop them, but there was an ambush. There is no time.>

"I don't believe this." He said.

<There may be a way to help you still. Go into my ship and find a small blue cube. Bring it out here to me.>

Cody went in and brought out the device. He then gave it to the alien.

(Ok, I'll end my post there.)

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline jmnar4

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2008, 12:17:04 PM »
As he walk through the construction site, Jason looked up at the sky and noticed a strange light in the sky, almost like a shooting star.  Looking harder he saw that it wasn't a shooting star but some kind of space ship.  "Ok,"  Jason said to himself, "there's something you don't see every day."  Suddenly, the ship seemed to slow down and descend to the ground below, about 100 yards right in front of him.  The ship came to rest on the ground and its lights went out.  Just when he was considering running away, Jason heard, or thought he heard, a voice say <Do not be afraid.  I mean you no harm.>  A arch of light appeared in the side of the ship, revealing a doorway through which stepped a creature like nothing Jason had ever seen.

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2008, 01:52:53 PM »
Nick took off her glasses, wiping both her eyes and her glasses with a part of her shirt. She had lifted them up to check for more spots about two seconds before the light had flashed. By the time the light had passed, she was back to looking at her glasses, and by proxy, the ground. Which is why she jumped and shrieked when the voice said, <Do not be afraid. I mean you no harm.> Her glasses slipped out of her hands, and she squinted in the darkness, crouching down to find her glasses. She knew that whomever had spoken hadn't used actual speach, and her sci-fi addled brain told her that the culprit was most likely an alien. So, since her glasses had fallen on the ground, her first impression of everyone was that anyone there could have been an alien, since her nearsightedness made everything fuzzy and gave people black holes where eyes belonged. However, she was leaning towards the large, blue thing as being the most likely candadite for an alien.
And once the glasses were in place, she realized that she was right.

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2008, 03:46:19 PM »
Yarin watched from his hiding place as Elfangor spoke to the young humans.  Yarin decided that if the Andalite trusted them then Yarin could to. He ran towards the ship.  Elfangor looked startled by his presence but not worried. The humans on the other hand, looked mildly frightened to say the least what with a 4 armed 6 eyed alien who just burst in on them without provocation.  Yarin started at Elfangor and telepathically told him that he meant no harm and that he was here to help.

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2008, 04:20:48 PM »
"This is a dream," Nick muttered to herself when a freaking four-armed, six-eyed alien ran up. "I fell asleep at my computer chair, and I'm dreaming. Oh, well. Lynn'll pro'lly wake me for that stupid Sharing thingie she was ranting about. Yeah, that explanation sounds really reasonable." Suddenly it occured to her that the Andalite was bleeding. She had missed most of the conversation about the aliens and the blue box--plus the stumble--when she was fiddling with her glasses.
"Hey, are you alright? Do you need help?"

Elfangor swiveled a stalk-eye in her direction and responded, <No. I will die. The wound is fatal.>

"****," she said automatically. "Oh, sorry. And, um, I'm sorry about," she cleared her throat, indicating the wound, "that."

((I figured I'd just go ahead and sensor myself. I wanted to keep it clean, but to be honest, the character would curse when faced with a response like that. However, she won't be constantly cursing or anything.))

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2008, 07:57:51 PM »
"Aah! Yeerk!" Cody yelled when the multi-limbed creature came forward. "He said they were coming, and now one of them is here."

<No.> Elfangor said calmly <The Yeerks are parasites that live in a host's brain, but this creature is not a Controller. He is not a Yeerk.>

"Oh. Ok." Elfangor told them all to touch the cube, which they did and felt a pleasurable tingling sensation.

<You now possess morphing ability. You can absorb the DNA of any animal you touch, and can morph into it with concentration. However, you must never stay in morph for more than two hours. That is the limit in which you will be trapped forever. A nothlit.>

More lights appeared in the sky.

<Those are the Yeerks. All of you must hide! He is coming for me!>

Elfangor gave Cody back the morphing cube, and they all headed for a low wall and hid behind it. Two other spaceships landed next to Elfangor's ship, followed by a much larger ship. Then creatures scarier than the one they were hiding with came out of the three ships. Followed by what appeared to be another Andalite.

Ani-Master 2014!