Author Topic: Animorphs: A New Beginning  (Read 54631 times)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
Re: Animorphs: A New Beginning
« Reply #1200 on: October 29, 2008, 09:48:44 PM »
((Yeah, but let's let the others post before we get up and going again.  Give them a fair crack at it, so to speak.))

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #1201 on: October 30, 2008, 08:03:39 AM »
A thought needled the back of Kelran's mind.  If the Nyac posessed superior quantum manipulation technology, perhaps his knowledge of slipspace physics would be sufficient to help them design their first drive. And just maybe, he could persuade them to give him a ship...

But no.  His homeworld was still millenia away even at slipspace.

He forcibly wrenched his mind back to the present issue.
*anything* is possible, *some* things are probable, this is what is.
And I will continue to deal with what is...
Until it is no more....

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Per scientia totus est ostendo sum
« Reply #1202 on: October 30, 2008, 08:17:04 AM »
Yarin turned to Kelran "It will be alright Kelran we will find a way to get you home.  do you know your planet's spacial coordinance? "  Yarin asked.
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #1203 on: October 30, 2008, 09:54:05 AM »
Kelran chuckled dryly, "In 5 different systems of co-ordinate based stellar cartography. yes. I doubt that even the Nyac, or anyone else could find a way to safely hurtle me over 860 trillion parsecs.  Besides, we have more pressing matters. Such as how to permanently incapacitate Bened."
*anything* is possible, *some* things are probable, this is what is.
And I will continue to deal with what is...
Until it is no more....

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #1204 on: October 30, 2008, 10:52:21 AM »
Hu heard Kelran talk about permanently incapacitating Bened, and a small part of him was pained at the thought.  But Hu knew that Bened wasn't the cub that he thought he knew.  But Hu sincerely wished it didn't have to be this way.

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1205 on: October 30, 2008, 03:37:51 PM »
((I'm back to a computer again. My own should get fixed Friday, and could be back shortly aftwerwards.))

"Okay, Hu will be in charge of this mission. Even though I'd love for Bened to die, his punishment should be dealt with by Hu. Though this time let's not just hit him and run off." Cody said, recalling the first time they had Bened at their mercy.

"I'll use my bloodhound to track through the ground. Kelran can handle air travel. Emily can follow in a more covert manner."

((I'll have Emily morph a snake, with the intent to sneak up on Bened while he's distracted.))

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I'm sitting on Jesse because he is comfy! XD
« Reply #1206 on: October 30, 2008, 03:40:10 PM »
((*Raises hand* So, are Yarin and I still heading out for burgers, or do you want us with you?))
I'm not real anymore. I am an illusion. -Rob Thomas, "I am an Illusion"

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1207 on: October 30, 2008, 03:49:15 PM »
((No, go do burgers.))

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #1208 on: October 30, 2008, 06:29:53 PM »
"Let's get going then," Hu said, feeling anxious and apprehensive.  He was not a future-gazer, not that he put stock in such things, so he didn't know what was to come.  But he had an ominous feeling about this whole mission.

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #1209 on: October 31, 2008, 06:35:03 AM »
(yay i'm ready when you are traycon i might not be on later today because i got to set up for halloween and train dogs)
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1210 on: October 31, 2008, 03:27:03 PM »
Even though Bened was catapulted through the air, a bit of trajectory calculations got them close enough to his landing point for Cody to start tracking. Emily was in snake morph, silently creeping along to get around behind Bened when the time came. They did not have any antivenin handy, but if Hu wanted him to live maybe he could fix an antidote potion of some kind.

The trees were dense enough that Bened probably wouldn't see Kelran flying overhead, but Cody urged him to try not to let Bened see him before he saw Bened. It was pretty obvious, though.

After things got started, Cody would have to demorph and remorph again to be useful in battle. He would decide what to use depending on the situation. It would be a chance to try thinking on his feet, like Kelran encouraged him to do, instead of making a plan ahead of time and hoping it worked.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #1211 on: October 31, 2008, 04:11:27 PM »
Hu went directly to recently felled trees and those that were horribly splintered and mangled.  "See?  Subtle as as a Noixu.  But he probably has defenses elsewhere. . . ."

They came by a tree stump that looked like was used as a scratching post.  "Okay, maybe not."

As we proceeded, Hu thought he saw several figures rise from the ground. . . .

((My line of reasoning here is that Bened obtained a holographic projector from a Yeerkish source to produce zombie-like corpses, including Hu's old family -- anything to torture him.  But they do not project a scent and have not tactile capabilities.  Objections?))

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1212 on: October 31, 2008, 04:16:21 PM »
((I don't object.))

Cody saw movement, but it had no scent. His eyes saw bloody Smilodites staggering towards them, and also some Humand and Hork-Bajir. His nose smelled nothing, though.

<These are fake. Just holograms. The young Smilodite looks kind of like Hu, though.> Cody said as he continued forward.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #1213 on: October 31, 2008, 05:21:14 PM »
"He should." Hu said, voice hoarse.  Hu's voice broke, though he tried to conceal it.  "He's one of my sons -- was of my sons.  This is clearly an attempted diversion, to distract us from our goal."

Hu could not bear to look at the images, but they looked real enough.  Nobody would like to see their mate or progeny in such a way.  Hu could feel anger bubbling up, but he had to control himself.  He would not be able to render his alter ego invisible with his cloak.

((*plays "Terror Time" from that Scooby Doo movie with the zombies* Appropriate for Halloween, I think.))

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #1214 on: October 31, 2008, 10:15:40 PM »
Yarin went in human morph with Nichole to get food for her.  While they were there they talked about Qodon and Delmin among other things.