Author Topic: Hi! I'm ghost!  (Read 4463 times)

HiImshort

Re: Hi! I'm ghost!
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2010, 03:47:41 PM »
hi ghost. names shorty. welcome to raf

Offline A ghost you know

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2010, 08:06:05 PM »
Quote from: KitsuneMarie
Yeah, I'd be surprised if you didn't stick around, simply judging from how quickly your post count has grown! You became a RAFregular pretty quickly! :)
;D

Quote from: KitsuneMarie
But yes, I think that's why the generations became more systematic. Personally, I like the more easily-defined generation system. It works well for my little pea brain!
I prefer the date-based system. My timesense is totally screwed, so I'd probably regularly get generations confused if they were based off notable events...

Quote from: Myitt
Hiya ghost, I'm Tara :D  Welcome to RAF!  Wow, you speed demoned through the series, in a week!  Wowsers.  Sorry if I missed it below, but did you have a favorite book?  I'm pretty sure mine were the Chronicles, especially Visser, but I really enjoyed #41 and #19.  What do they all have in common?   Well, major Yeerk characters or major viewpoints into Yeerk society...yeah, I think Yeerks are pretty great.  It's a little sad, really.
Hi Tara, nice to meet you!
Some Yeerks aren't so bad. I have become more enlightened about this since I came here. (Thanks Dameg!)
As for my favorite book... well, I really like them all. For humor, the ones where Ax or Marco narrate are absolutely perfect. For a serious look at life, Jake's can't be beaten. And Rachel's ones are in a league of their own.

You know what, I'm almost glad we don't have as much of an insanely detailed canon knowledge base as say, Star Wars or Star Trek...because I'm pretty sure I'd try to learn Galard or Yeerkish or something!   :P
lol, I know what you mean. I'm almost glad morphing tech doesn't exist because I'd probably try to acquire a tiger and get myself killed.

My boyfriend Dave (Pez001, who is now occasionally posting of his own free will on RAF!) is a computer guy, insofar as he's a computer animator :) 
Cool!
I don't do graphics/animation yet, but I'm planning on learning soon. Definitely fascinating stuff.

Quote from: the few, the proud, The shorty
hi ghost. names shorty. welcome to raf
Hi shorty, nice to meet you!
RAFdating Horsefan1023 (Seal)! :D

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2010, 10:43:38 PM »
Hiya ghost, I'm Tara :D  Welcome to RAF!  Wow, you speed demoned through the series, in a week!  Wowsers.  Sorry if I missed it below, but did you have a favorite book?  I'm pretty sure mine were the Chronicles, especially Visser, but I really enjoyed #41 and #19.  What do they all have in common?   Well, major Yeerk characters or major viewpoints into Yeerk society...yeah, I think Yeerks are pretty great.  It's a little sad, really.
Hi Tara, nice to meet you!
Some Yeerks aren't so bad. I have become more enlightened about this since I came here. (Thanks Dameg!)
As for my favorite book... well, I really like them all. For humor, the ones where Ax or Marco narrate are absolutely perfect. For a serious look at life, Jake's can't be beaten. And Rachel's ones are in a league of their own.

You know what, I'm almost glad we don't have as much of an insanely detailed canon knowledge base as say, Star Wars or Star Trek...because I'm pretty sure I'd try to learn Galard or Yeerkish or something!   :P
lol, I know what you mean. I'm almost glad morphing tech doesn't exist because I'd probably try to acquire a tiger and get myself killed.

My boyfriend Dave (Pez001, who is now occasionally posting of his own free will on RAF!) is a computer guy, insofar as he's a computer animator :)  
Cool!
I don't do graphics/animation yet, but I'm planning on learning soon. Definitely fascinating stuff.

I might direct your attention toward the Galaxy's Edge Space Bar and its associated spin-offs, if you like RPGs...my characters are sort of odd ducks within the Yeerk range of normal personalities x3  That is to say...they're crazy.  Well...the Empire thinks they're crazy, because they won't take involuntary hosts, and they're basically...terrori sts...anyway.

I definitely tried to morph my cats and my dog, as a kid, but it totally never worked.  >.>  Super lame.

And good luck with the computer field, I think there's always going to be a good job market for it and you've gotta do what you really like :D  If you have any questions feel free to ask Pez001 :)

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline A ghost you know

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2010, 10:54:26 PM »
I might direct your attention toward the Galaxy's Edge Space Bar and its associated spin-offs, if you like RPGs...my characters are sort of odd ducks within the Yeerk range of normal personalities x3  That is to say...they're crazy.
I've seen some of those RPG's, and I'm currently watching a couple from the sidelines. Maybe I'll join one eventually, but not now. I'm still not familiar enough with them.

I definitely tried to morph my cats and my dog, as a kid, but it totally never worked.  >.>  Super lame.
Nah, that's not lame. I haven't actually tried morphing, but I perpetually think about it and, worse still, I try to think of a practical way to create morphing technology. Now that is lame. :P

And good luck with the computer field, I think there's always going to be a good job market for it and you've gotta do what you really like :D
Meh, I don't know about the job market; it's been pretty weird lately, even in computer fields. Heck, even MS has cut over 5,000 people. I'm hoping things start turning upwards again soon, though.

If you have any questions feel free to ask Pez001 :)
Thanks!

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2010, 05:58:21 AM »
You know what, I'm almost glad we don't have as much of an insanely detailed canon knowledge base as say, Star Wars or Star Trek...because I'm pretty sure I'd try to learn Galard or Yeerkish or something!   :P
WHAT?!!! You don't know Galard?!! What kind of Yeerk are you?!!!
Well, you're not the only one, in fact. Many Yeerks born on Earth don't know more than few words of Galard, and speak only their host's language =_='

About the names changing all the time, I can't follow everything either. So I just use the nickname they have on the moment, even if I recognize them :P
It's already hard for me to remember the nicknames of other Internet friends, and the names of the Yeerks around me (when they change their hosts often, it's really hard! I have to remember both their name and their host's name, sometimes... Hopefully, I only care about some Vissers, my Sub-Vissers and my friends and brothers.)...
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2010, 01:25:42 PM »
I might direct your attention toward the Galaxy's Edge Space Bar and its associated spin-offs, if you like RPGs...my characters are sort of odd ducks within the Yeerk range of normal personalities x3  That is to say...they're crazy.
I've seen some of those RPG's, and I'm currently watching a couple from the sidelines. Maybe I'll join one eventually, but not now. I'm still not familiar enough with them.

The bar is pretty easy to join--I should mention that the spinoffs are pretty much closed, since they are based on the decisions certain characters had made at the GESB itself.  But, new ones form once in a while, and if you have the writing chops and want to join in the fun, all it takes is walking through the door, and maybe ordering a drink.  ;)

Quote from: A ghost you know...

Nah, that's not lame. I haven't actually tried morphing, but I perpetually think about it and, worse still, I try to think of a practical way to create morphing technology. Now that is lame. :P

Nah that's not lame, that's the mind of an engineer!  And perhaps a good biotechnologist!  :D  I've worked in biotech (though I really didn't care for it much) and paleontology so creating and thinking about implausible creatures or technologies is part of the fun of the job :)

Meh, I don't know about the job market; it's been pretty weird lately, even in computer fields. Heck, even MS has cut over 5,000 people. I'm hoping things start turning upwards again soon, though.
[/quote

I hope they do too!  For your sake and Dave's -_-

WHAT?!!! You don't know Galard?!! What kind of Yeerk are you?!!!
Well, you're not the only one, in fact. Many Yeerks born on Earth don't know more than few words of Galard, and speak only their host's language =_='

Of course I know Galard, I was merely keeping up appearances...;)  And if you must know I wasn't born on Earth.  Hmph.   ;D

Offline A ghost you know

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2010, 01:44:17 PM »

The bar is pretty easy to join--I should mention that the spinoffs are pretty much closed, since they are based on the decisions certain characters had made at the GESB itself.  But, new ones form once in a while, and if you have the writing chops and want to join in the fun, all it takes is walking through the door, and maybe ordering a drink.  ;)
Maybe later. For now, though, I'm content to watch. (I actually just finished reading the entire Introduction Randomness thread - truly some cool stuff going on in there! I might join that later if a new problem crops up or the current problem goes out of control)

Nah that's not lame, that's the mind of an engineer!  And perhaps a good biotechnologist!  :D  I've worked in biotech (though I really didn't care for it much) and paleontology so creating and thinking about implausible creatures or technologies is part of the fun of the job :)
Biotech... I've always been fascinated by that, particularly the attempts to create nanobots to help supplement the body's natural immune system.
I've never gotten into biotech, but I may someday.

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2010, 01:53:44 PM »
I'm glad you're enjoying yourself already around here, ghosty :D

I worked in the microbiology quality control and buffer/media solution chemistry groups in pharmaceutical biotech, which is way lamer than nanotech, but I guess somebody's gotta crank out those quality drugs x3

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2010, 08:08:17 PM »
Hey ghosty! I haven't officially introduced myself yet, despite watching you be all lurky on the GESB. :P

I'm Terenia/Teach/T/Jessi. I answer to any of those, and a few other random names. It's great to see someone becoming so active so quick. It seems as though you fit right in around here!

Let me know if you need anything, welcome to RAF and I hope to see you in the GESB in the future!

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline zaprowsdower

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Ancient of Days
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2010, 08:55:12 PM »
Bonjour! Je m'appelle zaprowsdower, aussi appele Venemousspiderwooki ee ou Venomousspiderwooki ee ou Venomwiththelongnam e ou simplement Venom. J'attends impatiemment de vous voir ici!
Not caring about what's popular since 2006.

Offline A ghost you know

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2010, 02:44:57 AM »
Quote from: Terenia [Teach
]
Hey ghosty! I haven't officially introduced myself yet, despite watching you be all lurky on the GESB. :P

I'm Terenia/Teach/T/Jessi. I answer to any of those, and a few other random names.
Hi Terenia! Nice to meet you!

]
It's great to see someone becoming so active so quick. It seems as though you fit right in around here!
High activity levels seem to be common around here!  ;D
(Not that I'm complaining - I love active places!)

]
Let me know if you need anything, welcome to RAF and I hope to see you in the GESB in the future!
Thanks!
I'll probably join GESB soon. For now, though, I'm happy to lurk on the RPG threads (as you've already seen). I'm still picking up on it.

Quote from: zaprowsdower
Bonjour! Je m'appelle zaprowsdower, aussi appele Venemousspiderwooki ee ou Venomousspiderwooki ee ou Venomwiththelongnam e ou simplement Venom. J'attends impatiemment de vous voir ici!
zaprowsdower Salut! C'est agréable de vous rencontrer!
(S'il vous plaît pardonnez mon français; j'ai dû utiliser Google Translate puisque je ne parle pas français.;))

English translation:
----------
Hi zaprowsdower! It's nice to meet you!
(Please pardon my French; I had to use Google Translate since I don't speak French. ;) )
----------

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2010, 07:29:29 AM »
Ca va, la traduction Google n'a pas trop foiré cette fois...

Translation: That's OK, the Google translation didn't ball up too much this time...*

;)
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2010, 12:37:51 PM »
Hai thar. I'm Jess. Jess Girl to you. I'm a superhero. I win!

(Now that I'm done being a dork. I'm Jess, you're awesome. Welcome to RAF. :) )

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2010, 12:42:41 PM »
Y'know, RAF is getting a fair share of superheroes these days. It's nice to see a boost for the forces of good. We're so much more badass. ;D

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline A ghost you know

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2010, 01:00:58 PM »
Quote from: Jess Girl
Hai thar. I'm Jess. Jess Girl to you. I'm a superhero. I win!

(Now that I'm done being a dork. I'm Jess, you're awesome. Welcome to RAF. :) )
Hi Jess! Good to see you again!
Two minor corrections, if you don't mind.
#1: You're not a dork, you are awesome. Your title says so. :)
#2: I'm not awesome yet. I'm still working on that, and I've arrived at the conclusion it's a lifelong job. Seriously. (Or am I just going about it the wrong way?)

Quote from: Kit2 Hawk2
Y'know, RAF is getting a fair share of superheroes these days. It's nice to see a boost for the forces of good. We're so much more badass. ;D
Meh, given the state of the world today we need more superheroes. Definitely nice to see a boost for the forces of good.