Author Topic: Animorphs Film  (Read 33761 times)

Offline poparena

Re: Animorphs Film
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2015, 07:15:51 PM »
So, it looks like it might just happen.

http://t.co/VdTkjZjuNM

I would still put this in the "maybe" column, probably less likely if the upcoming Goosebumps film bombs, but I think we're now closer to an Animorphs movie then we've ever been.
Winner, Best RAFproject 2011

THE OPINIONATED ANIMORPHS BOOK GUIDE

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2015, 07:27:32 PM »
After hearing about the Goosebumps film, I remember thinking that its success might give Animorphs a chance. Glad to hear it's actually a possibility rather than just a hopeful rumour. If something like this was done well, it would be AMAZING. And I can't believe I'm saying this, but the trailer for Goosebumps actually looks good (despite the TV show being as bad as the Animorphs show).
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline YeerkSalad

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • h
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2015, 08:19:15 PM »
OH. MY. GOSH.

I'd prefer a TV series, but I can live with this if it happens. But Deborah Forte is to produce.

The TV series producer.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 08:29:29 PM by YeerkSalad »
yeah

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2015, 01:45:46 AM »
So, it looks like it might just happen.

http://t.co/VdTkjZjuNM

I would still put this in the "maybe" column, probably less likely if the upcoming Goosebumps film bombs, but I think we're now closer to an Animorphs movie then we've ever been.

Will RAF organize a crowd funding campaign to make the movie's production more likely?

Offline NothingFromSomething

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2015, 02:11:22 AM »
I wouldn't worry too much about her being involved with the TV series.  If she's head of Scholastic media, she'd have been involved in getting a whole lot of stuff off the ground over the years, and Animorphs '98 was fifteen years ago on a shoestring budget with a young audience in mind.

Not to say I'm confident about this, but "major motion picture" and "Nickelodeon cash-in shot in Canada in 1998 for cheap" are apples and oranges, the same producer doesn't mean too much.

I'd say we shouldn't get too excited, either, like a third of movies that "are searching for writers and directors" never get past that stage, sort of peter out and go into development hell until the studio gives up and moves onto other things.  It might happen, yeah, but this alone doesn't mean a whole lot more than a couple of years ago when Katherine & Michael announced "some movie studios have approached us to talk".  A thousand factors are going to contribute to whether this actually happens or not, and I have a sneaking suspicion that if it does, given the lack of audience they might just go on the cheap, a sort of teen-fad thing that generally nobody gives a **** about and doesn't make any impact whatsoever.  More Percy Jackson than Harry Potter, more The Maze Runner or Divergent than The Hunger Games.  The B-level.

It's exciting, but just don't take this as "it's happening".  Because it likely still won't.  Especially, as someone else said, if the Goosebumps flick doesn't make a dent.

Person Of Interest re-watch.  Still stunning as ever.

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2015, 05:04:43 AM »
If KA and MG have any say in the process at all, I'll be a lot more confident. They won't want a repeat of the TV show's failure.

I don't think I'll truly believe this is real until I see a trailer, and I won't believe it's good until I actually watch it. Having said that, still very exciting! :D

Offline Adam

• British
  • Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Animorphs Fic Writer
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2015, 05:58:11 AM »
How would a movie go down? Considering how much backstory went into Animorphs, how much detail could they fit into 2 hours? Hell, even the TV show took out a lot of the good stuff from the books.
I'd love to see it happen, but by no means does that mean that the movie will be satisfying! It was those extra details in the books, like the Chee, the YPM, the Taxxons, the Hork-Bajir backstory, etc... that made the story ten times more interesting than it would have been!  Would they be included in a 2 hour movie?
Check out my Animorphs fan-fiction on this site!
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=9858.0

Offline YeerkSalad

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • h
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2015, 06:02:14 AM »
Yeah. AT LEAST A DARN MINISERIES!
yeah

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2015, 06:52:15 AM »
okay, I'm all ready scared. Maybe I'm reading it to literally but from the article

Taking on the Animorphs moniker, the teens use their powers to battle an alien invasion in which they take the form of humans, making them difficult to detect.

So, would the Yeerks just going to be shape shifters, or are the animorphs only morphing humans, or is this just terrible English.

I don't know. What I'm really try to say is they should hire me as a consultant.
Having the author involved would be nice, but at this point the fans know the series more intimately than the creators
Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....

Offline YeerkSalad

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • h
« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2015, 07:18:20 AM »
And who's "they?" Bad article! Go sit in the corner!

If Applegate/Grant are involved I'll be okay, but until then...
yeah

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2015, 10:42:58 AM »
I highly doubt they would make the Yeerks shape shifters instead of parasites, but if they did yes that would totally ruin it.

Offline tigz

« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2015, 11:36:04 AM »
How would a movie go down? Considering how much backstory went into Animorphs, how much detail could they fit into 2 hours? Hell, even the TV show took out a lot of the good stuff from the books.
I'd love to see it happen, but by no means does that mean that the movie will be satisfying! It was those extra details in the books, like the Chee, the YPM, the Taxxons, the Hork-Bajir backstory, etc... that made the story ten times more interesting than it would have been!  Would they be included in a 2 hour movie?

I cant envision any possible way a satisfying and fulfilling story can be put into a 2 hour movie UNLESS its specifically an origination movie combining elements of books 1 and 2 only. this would then lead into a tv series continuing from where the film ends with all the continuity including same cast and crew.
that being said, the source article looks rather sketchy anyway so i'l wait until i hear something more definitive.

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2015, 01:40:38 PM »
What should happen in an Animorphs film?

Offline YeerkSalad

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • h
« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2015, 03:48:50 PM »
Nothing. It should be a TV series.

And it does look rather sketchy, so I'm taking it with a grain of salt.
yeah

Offline poparena

« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2015, 04:43:05 PM »
A lot of people saying they want Katherine Applegate and Michael Grant involved. You know who I want involved? People who know how to make good movies.
Winner, Best RAFproject 2011

THE OPINIONATED ANIMORPHS BOOK GUIDE