Author Topic: Animorphs Film  (Read 33763 times)

Offline Azguard

• God
Re: Animorphs Film
« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2015, 04:31:36 PM »
uh.... what if it's some horrible amalgamation like they did with the goosebump movie?
RAFcrushin on Tyler. Come on, isn't everyone?

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #76 on: September 11, 2015, 04:40:17 PM »
I would cry....and then I'd give up on every form of adaptation ever. If they make Animorphs into a family comedy, starring Jack Black, that'll just be it for me and all things Schoolastic :|
Richard is really Anna in disguise!

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
Quote from: 12:34:05 AM (horsefan1023)
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

Offline YeerkSalad

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • h
« Reply #77 on: September 11, 2015, 06:51:05 PM »
Well, thanks for the nightmares, Geki!
yeah

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #78 on: September 11, 2015, 07:19:56 PM »
uh.... what if it's some horrible amalgamation like they did with the goosebump movie?

I would cry....and then I'd give up on every form of adaptation ever. If they make Animorphs into a family comedy, starring Jack Black, that'll just be it for me and all things Schoolastic :|

I wasn't worried until just now... bollocks...

The news is trending on Facebook and Michael Grant has said he hopes to make a statement about it soon. No real hint as to what he and his wife know or if they are even involved at all yet.
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline matthew

« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2015, 07:39:53 PM »

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #80 on: September 11, 2015, 08:13:00 PM »
So KA says it's not true but MG says they're still trying to find out. Damn it, I just want to know if it's true or not! Certainly sounds like they've been kept in the dark if it is true though, which is not a good sign.
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline YeerkSalad

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • h
« Reply #81 on: September 11, 2015, 08:59:50 PM »
If Applegate is good, thank goodness! The Tracking Board seemed shady, but I stupidly handwaved that.
yeah

Offline Dylan

• Jeremy Jason McCole's #1 Fan
  • Xtreme Member
  • Do you just hate trashcans?
« Reply #82 on: September 11, 2015, 09:54:40 PM »
Waffles. Nuf' Said.
2015: Best Newcomer to RAF
2015: Most Insane Member

Offline wolfev

« Reply #83 on: September 11, 2015, 10:25:08 PM »
Wow, I disappear for 7 years and come back to my thread still active. How weird is that? Even though its probably a fake, despite the Tracking Board responding to Grant saying that they confirmed the story 100%, this can only lead to studio interest. People clearly want to see an Animorphs film, assuming its good. Remember, people wanted to see another movie about Airbending until they suddenly didn't. And with Jack Black about to put Sony into The Black with Goosebumps, I'd be willing to say the chance of an Animorphs movie happening just increased astronomically
[img width= height= alt=" border="0]https://vspace.vassar.edu/evwaldron/warriors/banner2.jpg[/img]

Offline NothingFromSomething

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #84 on: September 12, 2015, 01:39:11 AM »
Yeah, sounds like we should have been taking this with a giant grain of salt from the beginning.  I have a suspicion this is probably all fishing on the part of the news site, due to the Goosebumps thing.  Taking a legitimate Point A and speculating to a Point B.

I mean, Katherine would know, either way, whatever production they were trying to get off the ground.  If she says it's BS, it doesn't really matter if MyTrackingBoard is sticking to their story.

The Goosebumps thing piqued my interest though, I hadn't even heard about it until this thread.  Just went over to imdb to check it out, seems pretty abysmal by the team they've hired.  Though Scott Alexander did shock me a bit, he wrote Ed Wood and The Man On The Moon, seriously amazing movies.  But the director Rob Letterman's a hack stooge, Gulliver's Travels and Shark Tale?!  Good grief.  Gulliver explains the Jack Black involvement, they're probably friends and Black's supporting his efforts.

This is what worried me all along though, if it was real.  This is the type of team they hire for these things, you're not going to get some A-lister (or even no-namer with a huge impressive vision), they get the work-for-hire guys who don't really care, it's just their next gig and nothing more.

Person Of Interest re-watch.  Still stunning as ever.

Offline YeerkSalad

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • h
« Reply #85 on: September 12, 2015, 07:57:06 AM »
Hmm. The Goosebumps movie looked promising from the trailer. A supernatural action-comedy isn't what I expected, but it could work. Judging by the creative team (and the total lack of Tim Burton), I have my doubts. Not going to see it in theaters, regardless.
yeah

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #86 on: September 12, 2015, 08:06:20 AM »
Goosebumps should definitely have an element of comedy, those books were always half-scary (kid's scary) and half-funny.

But it just looks so lowest-common-denominator, total disposable cookie-cutter stuff.

Offline wolfev

« Reply #87 on: September 12, 2015, 12:38:38 PM »
See I've heard otherwise. People and Black seem really excited about this movie. Probably because people loved those books, but were under no pretenses that they were great literature. I don't think its lowest common denominator. Its more like Speed Racer. Take a fondly remembered but cheesy cartoon and just go all out. Don't try to make it better than what it is, just make it fun! I think its interesting that The Writer of Ed Wood and Man on the Moon is the writer. What are those movies about but misguided creators that no one seemed to get and who are just crazy characters. And what is this movie about? Fictional R.L. Stein played by Jack Black whose monsters are real. As long as the movie is aware of how stupid it is and embraces it in a loving way I think it could be good.
[img width= height= alt=" border="0]https://vspace.vassar.edu/evwaldron/warriors/banner2.jpg[/img]

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #88 on: September 12, 2015, 01:27:07 PM »
I like Jack Black, but he's been enthusiastic about plenty of **** he's done too.  That Gulliver's Travels flick is goddamn atrocious.  People promote stuff all the time either knowing it's crap, or having not even seen it in some cases (recent Fantastic Four flick).

And no, of course Goosebumps was fun & self-referential and goofy.  It's supposed to be, but that doesn't mean you can't put out a quality flick.  It can be fun, it should be fun, just...make it work.  That trailer looks barf-worthy.

Offline Dylan

• Jeremy Jason McCole's #1 Fan
  • Xtreme Member
  • Do you just hate trashcans?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 09:26:13 PM by Dpsb5 »
Waffles. Nuf' Said.
2015: Best Newcomer to RAF
2015: Most Insane Member